Velicka Penalty/Dive?

Lovecraft

Just back from the match and it looked like a stone-waller.

Anyone see it on Setanta?

Yep, looked like a push in the back to me, and that arse Clark has the gall to book him for being fouled. Appalling.

never a pen and never a card.

ref had a ****e game.

there was a slight push, defo not a dive, saying that, a pen would have been harsh! nothing much in it and wrong to book velicka.

aye...but according to ex jambo Alan Mc Laren on Talk 107...Velicka is an embarresment for diving...WTF ???

I hate seeing this in football (esp scottish football) when a player ( most likely lithuanian) goes down a ref takes it as a simulated dive. but in most cases i.e hearts a player never claims a penalty and is booked, a majority of the time its the momentum takes the player down, not a case of diving, IMO the SFA have taken hearts lithuanians as cheats, and personally i cant stand watching a game knowing a ref has this objective

alwaysthereinspirit
aye...but according to ex jambo Alan Mc Laren on Talk 107...Velicka is an embarresment for diving...WTF ???

Ex being the appropriate choice of word. Bitter. Was never a dive so not a yellow. Hearts should, if allowed, contest it.

He went down fairly easily but there definitely was a push. To book him for that is a disgrace.

GFA refs have something against us, that's for sure.

Contact certainly, but soft penalty at best. No chance on the card, ref was a tw@t.

Fair play.

From where I was (admittedly the other end of the park) I thought it was a dive.

It was definitely a push and a penalty!!! Soft in some eyes pehaps, but it was a push and therfore a foul!!

As was the foul (two of) at Celtic Park on Audrey!!! And who was it booked Audrey???

If Scottish Football wasn't so mind-controlled, Clark would be embarassed!!!

But then when you are simply carrying out the GFA's not-so-hidden agenda, maybe you don't get embarassed!!!

GFA/REF CONSPIRACY EVER SINCE LEVEIN!!!

Ex being the appropriate choice of word. Bitter. Was never a dive so not a yellow. Hearts should, if allowed, contest it.

You cant contest a yellow:mad:

Fair play.

From where I was (admittedly the other end of the park) I thought it was a dive.

I was further away. Switzerland in fact. Still contact :P

He went down fairly easily but there definitely was a push. To book him for that is a disgrace.

GFA refs have something against us, that's for sure.

Spot on.

I've just watched it again on Sky+.

Definate contact but it would have been a soft penalty.

However the ref was an absolute disgrace today and if they dont stop coming to Tyne castle with their preconceived opinions on our lithuanian and other foreign players then we have absolutly no chance off a fair contest.

Watched the game at home with three bluenoses and even they said the ref was biased against velicka and chesney. It has to stop it borders of racism.

A foul is a foul whether it is a crunching tackle or a slight nudge and the player goes down it is still a foul.

Scottish football will not progress if we coninue to allow football thugs to dictate at the expense of more technically gifted players because "they go down too easily"

Therin endith the rant!!!!!!

stirlingshirejambo
A two footed scythe on Chesney from Benjelloun.

Was I the only one who saw this?

nope I saw it too absolutely shocking. How many times was Chesney fouled and nothing given. Referee had cheek to have a word with him for asking the question.

Two poor teams an even poorer referee crap game but still delighted

i watched the game on setanta and although velicka was pushed it wasn't a penalty, the hibs players had the ball off him. rediculous that velicka was booked for it.

chesney on the other hand needs to cut out his diving. the ref got it right with him apart from the one time where he actually was fouled but who can blame him for not giving him the freekick when he's dived the last 3 times.

nope I saw it too absolutely shocking. How many times was Chesney fouled and nothing given. Referee had cheek to have a word with him for asking the question.

Two poor teams an even poorer referee crap game but still delighted

Laughed off on talk107 like it never happened.

Just had a pint in Ryries with my Hibs mate who was right behind the goals.

He said it wasn't a dive but wasn't a pen. Not sure how that works.

Just had a pint in Ryries with my Hibs mate who was right behind the goals.

He said it wasn't a dive but wasn't a pen. Not sure how that works.

Hibs defender got the ball, but no way Velicka could stay on his feet.

Jambojohnnyboy

It wasn't a dive, the shove in the back will show that in the replay, however agree that it would have been a soft penalty.

Nelly Terraces
Definate contact but it would have been a soft penalty.

However the ref was an absolute disgrace today and if they dont stop coming to Tyne castle with their preconceived opinions on our lithuanian and other foreign players then we have absolutly no chance off a fair contest.

Watched the game at home with three bluenoses and even they said the ref was biased against velicka and chesney. It has to stop it borders of racism.

A foul is a foul whether it is a crunching tackle or a slight nudge and the player goes down it is still a foul.

Scottish football will not progress if we coninue to allow football thugs to dictate at the expense of more technically gifted players because "they go down too easily"

Therin endith the rant!!!!!!

Spot on.

Looked to me like a tussle but not a penalty and not a booking for a dive.

Penalty shout for the foul/obstruction on Neilson looked a far stronger shout to me.

was there not a bigger shove on robbie in the first half ?

i have a memory of seeing robbie barged over in the corner of the box and the ref waving it away.

From what I saw watching it online there was contact but hardly enough to merit what could be called a push, but at the same time it was never a dive. As said it would have been a soft penalty. My concern was, and this has been said already, the ref couldn't wait to get his card out but he did seem to be a fair bit away from the incident. Correct decision may have been to consult the Assistant Ref who had an unobstructed view

There was contact in the box and Velicka went down. It looked like a penalty to me, and I've seen them given for less.

The yellow card was one of many outrageous decisions by the ref.

Soft penalty - is there such a thing. It is or it is not. Did the Hibs player push Velicka - Yes, and that was after he had pulled him back with his arm over his shoulder.

eAnd if teh ref thought that was a dive what about the hibs players, particulary Morriasses.

thought it was a dive from my view point in section P. having seen it again on the tube, there was an attempt to haul him back by the shoulder then a shove in the back.

penalty.

Soft penalty wot a lot of pish Velicka was through he was pushed by the wee Hobo fud, one reason and one reason alone why it was not a penalty. Scottish refs are biased against Hearts!!!

And btw Robbies was as blatant!

Fed up of this crap we get fed from the GFA week in week out.

gorgie rd eh11

He was past the defender, why would he go down? The booking was what you would expect from the brainwashed cheating sfa officials.

its where we bide

totally agreee with mclaren and he does it every week, that is why he will very rarely win them

Pretty sure a lot of refs would have looked at his last minute one against ICT last month and thought, you will never con me like that mate

It would be interesting to know who many yellows are issued in relation to 'dives' according to the referee.

I reckon ours is probably just short of 100%. Other teams get a break here as evidenced by 3 dives by Nish- 3 warnings.

Never a pen IMO and never a booking either. The defender shoe-horned him out the road and it was just a clash of bodies that put Velicka over.

Archived