Christophe Berra

Le Chat

Was magnifcant last week too

Looking like the player who kept bellamy in his pocket 2/3 years ago now

Lets hope he keeps it up

Berra and Tall on form would be the best centre half partnership in the SPL

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He was a rock today, can't think of any challenge/header than he never won.

Keep it up!

Tynecastle Valhalla

Was delighted to see him good again.To be fair he was player of the season last season and has been no worse than average this season, people need to get behind him more - he is a good defender.

he allows us to sit too deep in games. time after time today he had the opportunity to push us up the park and he never. don't know if he's being told to play that way. good defender though. just not a captain imho.

I thought his organisation of the defence was poor today (we were lucky hibs were p!55 poor imo).

His clearances are tame and normally end up at an opposition player just outside the box instead of row z or halfwayline and normally when he has plenty of time.

Not a bad game from Berra, but not a great game either.

I thought his organisation of the defence was poor today (we were lucky hibs were p!55 poor imo).

His clearances are tame and normally end up at an opposition player just outside the box instead of row z or halfwayline and normally when he has plenty of time.

Not a bad game from Berra, but not a great game either.

You are clueless

Is it a conincidence that its always the romanov signings you big up

Take your agenda and shove it

That was Berra's best game for over a year, in my eyes.

If he kept that up every week, we'd have the best centre half in the league on our hands.

You are clueless

Take your agenda and shove it

Maybe i look for more in aplayer to be called magnificent.

Sold a goal last week = magnificent iyo.

Today he was caught out with indecision a couple of times but was lucky the Hobos were that poor they could not make it count.

He continually pulls the full backs into the mddle so he has no-one to mark, fine if he is playing as sweeper, but he is not and neither does the team (today was prime example as he motioned for Jose to continually come in and mark Kerr whilst leaving the winger free on the touchline...Berra was marking no-one and could have picked up Kerr and allowed Jose to mark the winger and stop the flow of the ball going to him).

He does not push the defence out or the midfielders up.

He twice today had all the time in the world to find a Hearts player with headers but chose to put it straight to a hobo.

As a centre half he continually(along with others) allows every corner/free kick into the box to be a threat.

As i have said he did not have a bad game, but he IMO certainly did not have a great game and definately imo nowhere near a magnificent game.

Looking for a lot more of his 'potential' to come through before i would describe him as magnificent.

We won't even comment on his 'captaincy' (something he may not like being, but something he has been given the duty to carry out).

Who has supposedly picked the 11 every week for most of the season? Who apart from Neilson has been an ever present in a poor season defensively?

Your point is what?

Berra was my man of the match.

I don't understand the stick some players get.

He won every header and every tackle. Organised the defence and was the leader at the back. He even made the goal.

Great game.

Berra was my man of the match.

I don't understand the stick some players get.

He won every header and every tackle. Organised the defence and was the leader at the back. He even made the goal.

Great game.

Ukio gave their man of the match to Berra too, but what about Karapidis, Ruben, Chesney even Velicka had a good game, these were all contenders before Berra should of even got a mention.

Midfield Dynamo
Karapidis & Tall are the future not Berra. Never a captain and game by game I have more doubts about him.

What Planet are you on?

Berra is without doubt one of the best defenders we have had in many years.

He is still young but he has impressed in the majority of games he has played in.

Name one centre forward who has had the better of him over a full 90 mins.

He is superb in the air.

He is superb in the air.

When defending how many corners/free kicks does he header out the box? (same goes for the rest of defence and not just Berra)

Karapidis & Tall are the future not Berra. Never a captain and game by game I have more doubts about him.

Bordeaux,

Were you the person in section B who went mental when Berra got one on the MoM awards saying he got carried by Karapidis>

Of not. I can't believe there are 2 real clowns out there

Berra showed today what I think many Jambos knew beforehand; he is a good defender. Defending is all about preventing the other side with opportunities. How many REAL chances did Ribs create?????

I first seen Berra a few (2/3) yrs ago; my conclusion was: that he had the potential & ability to succeed.

Hate to say it; GTFster?!!!

Dr Ian Malcolm

Berra was very good today, only just bettered by Karipidis' performance, who hasn't put a foot worng since coming back in to the team. Perhaps no coincedence that Robbie had one of his better games when both centre halfs were solid.

As for saying we were lucky Hibs were gash up front, thats like saying we'd be unlucky if they were good up front. Banks didn't have a save to make second half, so credit has to go to the defence for that - when was the last time the oppo had 1 shot on target (lol) over 90 mins?

Archived