Elliott/Elliot & Thomson/Thomson

itsnomarooned

itsnomarooned

I'm bored, so .....

We have 2 x Thomson in the 1st team so naturally they have C.Thomson and J.Thomson on their shirt - fine and dandy.

However, why does Elliott have S.Elliott on the back of his shirt when it's quite clear we only have 1 Elliott at the club?

Malcolm Tucker

Because Elliott and Elliot look similar on the back of a top.

Vlad-Stupid

Would you want mistaken for Clum? :lol: the media rarely get his name right so he's probs giving them a sporting chance

jamboinglasgow

I'm bored, so .....

We have 2 x Thomson in the 1st team so naturally they have C.Thomson and J.Thomson on their shirt - fine and dandy.

However, why does Elliott have S.Elliott on the back of his shirt when it's quite clear we only have 1 Elliott at the club?

Because I am sure people will get mixed up even though there is a difference of a 't' if they dont have the S before his name.

As a sidenote, we in the future could have shirts that are R.McGowan and D.McGowan, and in the longer term C.Hamilton and J.Hamilton. And dont forget that we could have another Thomson shirt with D.Thomson.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Every week the Hearts facebook page posts the team line up, every week without fail someone posts, "Which Elliot(t)?" Evidently it is required.

itsnomarooned

Maybe S.Elliott could be replaced with "Catholic laddie from good Irish stock - take note Towell ya nobber"

thomson_and_thompson.jpg

"Thomson and Thompson (original French: Dupont et Dupond) are a pair of detectives in Herg?'s classic Belgian comic graphic-novel series The Adventures of Tintin. While the two are apparently not related as they have different surnames, they are twice referred to as twins or brothers in the original language version of the series. In any case, the two clumsy detectives look like twins and can only be told apart by the shape of their moustaches. (Thomson's moustache flares out a tiny bit on each side at the bottom.) "

itsnomarooned

thomson_and_thompson.jpg

"Thomson and Thompson (original French: Dupont et Dupond) are a pair of detectives in Herg?'s classic Belgian comic graphic-novel series The Adventures of Tintin. While the two are apparently not related as they have different surnames, they are twice referred to as twins or brothers in the original language version of the series. In any case, the two clumsy detectives look like twins and can only be told apart by the shape of their moustaches. (Thomson's moustache flares out a tiny bit on each side at the bottom.) "

Er ....OK. Mystery solved then it would seem.

Because I am sure people will get mixed up even though there is a difference of a 't' if they dont have the S before his name.

As a sidenote, we in the future could have shirts that are R.McGowan and D.McGowan, and in the longer term C.Hamilton and J.Hamilton. And dont forget that we could have another Thomson shirt with D.Thomson.

G.Smith and D.Smith as well?

Coburg Hearts

Because Elliott and Elliot look similar on the back of a top.

Perfectly explained to a T. :rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

yeah realised about them after I posted. Also if you go to U17 level you have B.King and A.King

PsychocAndy

I might be making this up but did Arthur Monford and Archie McPherson not have nightmares in the late 70's early 80's about us. Did we not have Bobby Robinson, Malky Robertson, Chris Robertson and Robbo breaking through. Also I'm sure I've missed another one.

Footballfirst

Might as well add Dave Smith's wee brother, Lewis Smith who plays for the U13s.

colinmaroon

I'm bored, so .....

To put the wind up the hobos!

Sadly, there wasn't enough room to get,

"There is only one Stephen Elliott, the Irish Catholic slaughterer of the Hibs and loved by Hearts fans"!!!

. . . on his shirt!

And, of course, the T or the TT is not enough for the scrags from the rags to differentiate between them.

Hearts Heritage

I'll do a check when I get back to my computer but iirc we had 4 'Walkers' in the 1890s one season.

PsychocAndy

I do remember a Holland v Ireland game that had

twins, the De Boers

cousins the Keane's

and uncle and nephew, Harte and Kelly.

Footballfirst

In the recent friendly against East Fife, we had C, J & D Thomson, R & D McGowan (Dylan playing for E.F.) and C & J Hamilton

Hearts Heritage

I seem to remember we fielded 3, maybe 4 Smiths in a game in the 80s - maybe 90s ...

Only ever had 2 smiths in a single season

Anthony and Henry 1991

Gordon and Iain 1977

In 1898-99

Alex, Bobby, Darky and Johnny walker

3 thomsons this season including Danny though only 2 in a competitive match

Hearts Heritage

Hmmm

Not disputing it

Maybe it was another name

The only time 3 players with same surname have played in same match since the war is the thomsons

Archived