?11,000 Panini card

londonjambo

Blimey !

A single basketball card currently selling on e-bay for more than ?11,000

What recession ?

:whistling:

GC

GC, out of interest, what are your most valuable Hearts cards

I still don't get it. Why the feck would you pay so much money for that?

Glad it's not just me.

Anyone shed any light on this? :blink:

Edit: It's not even a shiny! :ninja:

londonjambo

GC, out of interest, what are your most valuable Hearts cards

walkerfront.jpg

walkerrear.jpg

These Three Nuns cards are probably the rarest cigarette cards in my collection. I only have a pic of the Bobby Walker one although I think there is one other one from memory.

I think the last time I saw one sell, it went for about ?100

Have a few Hearts postcards which are probably more valuable but this is probably the rarest card

GC

londonjambo

Incidentially, if you think ?11,000 is a lot to pay for a sports trading card, check out the sums paid over the years for this Honus Wagner baseball card. The last sale in September 2007 was for $2.8m :blink:

My link

GC

Three Nuns cards are probably the rarest cigarette cards in my collection. I only have a pic of the Bobby Walker one although I think there is one other one from memory.

I think the last time I saw one sell, it went for about ?100

Have a few Hearts postcards which are probably more valuable but this is probably the rarest card

Certainly got that one (think i also had a spare!!!)

GC

Dusk_Till_Dawn

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE EXPLAIN TO ME AND FTH WHY SOME ROASTER WOULD PAY MONEY FOR THIS CARD?

londonjambo

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE EXPLAIN TO ME AND FTH WHY SOME ROASTER WOULD PAY MONEY FOR THIS CARD?

No need to shout. I'll have a go.

Its all to do with supply and demand. As I understand it, the 1/1 bit on that card means that that card is a limited edition of one. That means that it is really pretty rare and quite sought after by collectors, some of whom have a lot of disposable income to spend on their hobbies.

That just about covers it, I think.

GC

Dusk_Till_Dawn

No need to shout. I'll have a go.

Its all to do with supply and demand. As I understand it, the 1/1 bit on that card means that that card is a limited edition of one. That means that it is really pretty rare and quite sought after by collectors, some of whom have a lot of disposable income to spend on their hobbies.

That just about covers it, I think.

GC

Cheers. I was only on the wind-up with the CAPS but was quite interested to know all the same.

The idea of spending thousands of pounds on that strikes me as mental, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

londonjambo

Cheers. I was only on the wind-up with the CAPS but was quite interested to know all the same.

The idea of spending thousands of pounds on that strikes me as mental, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Well, I agree - each to their own. I think another point to make is that when you get to the point that something is so rare, it has value as an investment.

That link to that other card shows that someone paid $1.2m for it in 2000 but then sold it for $2.3m seven years later. That's a better return on an investment than you'd get in shares, property, art or pretty much any other sort of investment.

So it may be mental but then again, it may be all too sane .... :blink:

GC

Archived