?14 for a scoop of ice cream

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12569011

Where I'm working, I'm about equidistant between Covent Garden and King's Cross.

So, with my ?14, I could go west and get a scoop of ice cream made with breast milk or I could go north and get a direct sook on a real tit and probably a quick handy thrown in.

It's Friday afternoon - how will I spend the build up to the weekend?

I P Knightley

'Served with a rusk and a shot of calpol or bonjela'

Not sure if serious..

I'll make the trip to find out if I receive suitable sponsorship from JKB :)

So, with my ?14, I could go west and get a scoop of ice cream made with breast milk or I could go north and get a direct sook on a real tit and probably a quick handy thrown in.

I'd go north mate.

Yet, ironically, for that price I'd wager that the tit has "gone South"...

:ermm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-12569011

Where I'm working, I'm about equidistant between Covent Garden and King's Cross.

Just go to Covent Garden and treat yourself to a half a bitter, ?14 should just about cover it. rolleyes.gif

Commander Harris

"A restaurant in London's Covent Garden is serving a new range of ice cream, made with breast milk."

all milk is "breast milk" - drinking the milk secreted from the mammary glands of a different species seems pretty bizarre itself really.

I P Knightley

I dare'nae think what kind of batter they fry their fish in. :whistling:

:biglaugh:

I'm now tempted to make a visit just so's I can ask!!

:biglaugh:

"A restaurant in London's Covent Garden is serving a new range of ice cream, made with breast milk."

all milk is "breast milk" - drinking the milk secreted from the mammary glands of a different species seems pretty bizarre itself really.

Was just thinking the same CH

all milk is "breast milk"

Exactly what I texted in to Radio Scotland this morning. No idea if they used it...

dobmisterdobster

Misread the article at first. Thought it was for charity.

?14 for a scoop of breast milk ice cream? **** off!

conn artist

guardians review -

My link

In summary: at first I liked it; then I didn't mind it; then I hated it; then I wanted to be sick. Nice parlour, though

J.T.F.Robertson

Sounds decidedly Glitteresque.

454px-Frys_five_boys_milk_chocolate.jpg

Before my time, naturally. :peepwall:

Say What Again

Unless you've already sampled it, IP, your dilemma is over.

It's been removed from sale due to complaints from the public.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12615353

Ice cream made from breast milk has been removed from a central London restaurant on health grounds following complaints by members of the public.

The dessert, called Baby Gaga, went on sale at ice cream parlour Icecreamists in Covent Garden in February.

But Westminster Council officers removed the product to make sure it was "fit for human consumption".

Icecreamist founder Matt O'Connor said the donor was medically screened and the milk mixture was pasteurised.

'Amazing response'

The ice cream was churned with donations from London mother Victoria Hiley, and served with a rusk and an optional shot of Calpol or Bonjela. Each serving costs ?14.

Westminster council said it had received two complaints from members of the public and concerns were raised by the Health Protection Agency and Food Standards Agency.

Tory Westminster Councillor Brian Connell said: "Selling foodstuffs made from another person's bodily fluids can lead to viruses being passed on and, in this case, potentially hepatitis.

"As the local authority we will support small businesses and applaud innovative ideas wherever possible, but must protect the health of consumers."

Mr O'Connor, said: "We have had an amazing response - many women have come forward and offer to give us milk.

"You can buy alcohol and tobacco but not breast milk in Westminster.

"If Westminster bans this then I am going to begin a protest with mums who have already shown support."

Archived