First clean sheet in the league since September

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's how bad they are and how bad we are!

Agree ,

i've never seen two poor Edinburgh clubs like this before.

Mind yoo the SPL is poor league to begin with !

First half was good(except for Jose! liability!). Second half we were awful. Doesn't say a lot for them though, as they couldn't score!

Geoff Kilpatrick
good to see your thrilled by the result :wacko:

Er, I am, but let's not get carried away about it. That second half performance today was awful. We have played better this season and dropped points. Somehow (and I reckon it's because they are rubbish), we managed to keep a clean sheet, despite our full backs playing "let's see how many times we can give it away to the opposition".

jamboinglasgow

it was a gritty performance that wasn't great but we won and that is the confidence boost we need, Hibs is the team we needed to beat as that will have given us the biggest boost of all. Lets hope we can bring this confidence into the next two games and it will benefit us.

A clean sheet no matter how scrappy is a great boost to a team and the Hearts changing room will be buzzing at the momment which it should be.

Its a start, thats all it is. We won a game against as poor a team as us and a team as poor if not poorer than who we have recently played. Sure its a Derby and its enjoyable, but the reality is we will have to play a whole load better to win at Motherwell on Tuesday and in the coming weeks in the league.

Good news is, we can play better, The cup tie and the Killie games are recent examples. Now we need to play well for more than 45 mins.

At the end of the day I'm a happy chappie, sets up a nice wee weekend of some College basketball this afternoon, big fight tonight and the NFL play-offs tomorrow;)

rudi must stay
Er, I am, but let's not get carried away about it. That second half performance today was awful. We have played better this season and dropped points. Somehow (and I reckon it's because they are rubbish), we managed to keep a clean sheet, despite our full backs playing "let's see how many times we can give it away to the opposition".

what do you expect? We haven't won a game in months, we aren't suddenly going to have the perfect match. Hibs aren't a great team that's obvious, but they will have got a lift from having a new boss so this is imo, a great result

what do you expect? We haven't won a game in months, we aren't suddenly going to have the perfect match. Hibs aren't a great team that's obvious, but they will have got a lift from having a new boss so this is imo, a great result

That is about the size of it, how many games have we led in recently only to wind up losing? Defense has been more like Edinburgh Rock than the old Castle Rock.....

rudi must stay
That is about the size of it, how many games have we led in recently only to wind up losing? Defense has been more like Edinburgh Rock than the old Castle Rock.....

more like Northern Rock..

Lets have another clean sheet on Tuesday. At present the result is the most important thing. Clean sheets mean points and thats what we need.

amershamjambo

Not at the game but watched all on the box. Hearts wanted to win and did. Same desire to win in all remaining games will do me. Today was a good result, the defence stood up and did'nt let them in. Don't knock it letys build on it.

Our first Saturday clean sheet this season, I think. Progress.

The second-half malaise? I'm becoming more and more convinced that a lot of our players simply aren't fit enough. What other explanation can there be for this constant fading and lack of energy from the same players who pressed so well in the first half?

As for Nade, he really needs to have "a wee word with himself". Comes on, gets caught offside, loses possession, commits two fouls in a row, mouths off at the ref once, gets told off, goes back for a second time to ensure that he gets booked. Billy-big-boots behaviour of the worst kind from the world's most expensive lump of lard.

Did I mention how good it was to FTH?

hearts @ heart

Its been a long time coming and we were long overdue a break.

The ref was awfull.

So were hibs and to a slightly lesser degree Hearts.

We have played a lot better and got beat this season.

In reality it was hibs . we won and right at this moment that was the importent thing.

Come on the HEARTS.

Archived