Match ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Banks - 6 - Had his deck chair and beano out. Nada to do.

Neilson - 7 -Excellent game! Won every tackle and header. Got forward a lot. Never gave Zammama a sniff.

Karipidis - 7 - Always in the right place.

Berra - 7 - Lost too many headers. Ok, but poor distribution too often

Jonsson - 7 - Ran about a bit headless at times, but was there when it mattered.

Goncalves - 3 - totally bombscare today! Cannot head a ball. Very very scary. Got ripped for most of the game by the silly named Hobo.

Cesnauskis - 5 - Got lots of possession and did next to nothing with it. Disapointing.

Stewart - 7 - Wonderful first 15 minutes. Was sick as a dog and should have been subbed at half time. 7 marks for such a great effort.

Velicka - 6- Ran better than I've seen for a while. Always a thorn, but kept taking the wrong option when running into space for a pass. Should have stayed on his feet instead of throwing himself to the ground when tickled.

Palazuelos - 7 - Lots of gritty tackling and defending. Offered little going forward.

Driver - 4 - Got a lot of touches early, but was utterely ineffectual.

Subs:

Wallace - 3 - Looked a bit lost in midfield. Not so good at defending, but looked good when going forward. go figure!

Mikoliunas - 5 - Ran well down the wing. Looked well up for it. Not enough time to achieve anything.

Nade - 2 - Stupid booking. Gave away a daft foul when we were holding on, then told the ref to **** off 3 times. Got a warning, but wouldn't shut up! Only then he got booked. total tit.

Kenny Clark - 6. Handled the game well. Gave the hibs a bit too many decisions but maybe thats the maroon glasses speaking!

jambos are go!

Karipidis and Berra were stand outs with Jonsson and Neilson very effective. Maybe someone can tell why teams seem to always attack down our left flank if Robbie such a poor performer?

Not sure now if Wallace might be better in midfield.

Goncalves - 7 - Did weil covering middle and wide when the ball was on the right. Morriasis was in his pocket.

Thats comedy gold. :cheese:

stewart spentthe first five minutes of the second half throwing up.the entire hearts bench witnessed this and waited a full ten minutes before bringing him off.not good enough imo............

Banks- 6 - no mistakes, one decent save and a few good catches, not much to do, defo first choice

Neilson - 5 - solid enough, better than recently but obvious weakness in team.

Jose-4 - indecisive and needs to stop trying that strange tackle with his left foot when somebody is running at him, good pace and recovery from mistakes to his credit but shouldn't be making them in the first place.

Berra - 7 - solid at the back, dangerous at set pieces e.g. headeer for velicka's goal

Karapidis - 7- solid again, very good footballer for a CB/RB should give him a run alongside Berra or at RB if Tall's in.

Chesney - 5.5 - good for first 20 still seems to be struggling for fitness - understandable.

Driver - 5 - OK, not involved a great deal

Stewart- 4 - reasonably poor, tried hard as usual but passing wasn't great, kept going when obviously struggling tho

Eggert - 7.5 - very good defensively, particulary block from Fletcher shouldn't be overlooked for Palazuelos in terms of contribution

Ruben - 8.5 - nearly pipped Velicka for MOTM, proper European style holding midfielder, always got his head up looking for a pass and comfortable on the ball. Very good defensively and superb work rate.

Velicka - 9, MOTM - Isolated at times but kept going, can't underestimate the value of scoring goals or being in the right place at the right time. Strange situation when he dropped to midfield, but was excellent, made a few tackles and went on two great runs winning a free kick with one and putting in a dangerous cross with the other, relieving pressure.

Nade - 2 - should be playing rugby

Miko - 4 - used the ball well to defend a narrow lead

Wallace - 5 - good out of position and skillful for a LB as per usual skinned two Hibs players before getting chopped

Guest Dr Venkman

Banks - solid, good handling 7

Neilson - solid defending, tried to get forward 7

Goncalves - awful decision making, poor heading and distribution although great in the tackle one on one, frustrating player - 4

Berra - excellent, won headers and defended well, clean sheet will give confidence 7

Karipidis - excellent, looks solid along with Berra 7

Cesnauskis - injects much needed urgency but tired 2nd half - 6

Jonsson - excellent shift, some great blocks 2nd half - 7

Ruben - good first half, great effort saved well by the keeper early on, faded 2nd half - 7

Stewart - worst player on the park, chased the ball too much, liability at times, needs to calm down and play the simple ball - 3

Driver - kept at it but not his day at all - 6

Velicka - great shift up front, match winner and MOM for me - 8

Frail - Subs at the right time but Stewart should never have played if he was that ill. Faded badly second half as we gave Hibs far too much respect and too much of the ball. We need to be more positive - 6

How can you give Goncalves a Zero? I thought he did well, despite being up against Morias who always looked dangerous.

Overall i thought it was a poor performance with only Ruben and Karipidis looking anything like quality.

Overall i thought the game was sh*te. I think Hearts going ahead early on and then defending deep forced Hibs to go long alot which resulted in a drab game.

Father Tiresias

Banks : 6 : Poor distribution, otherwise a quiet game

Neilson : 6 : Back to his average best today

Karipidis : 7 : Good solid defender needs a run in the team to see him at his best

Berra : 6 : A few hit and hope punts but not troubled too much with his defensive duties

Jonsson : 6 : Felt the game passed him by today.

Goncalves : 4 : Can't pass, can't header the ball and poor passer. Why is he in the team.

Cesnauskis : 6 : Looked dangerous but no product. Some good runs to the dead ball line in the second half.

Stewart : 7 : Wanted it too badly today. Great start but faded because he was unwell

Velicka : 6 : Another goal but guilty of jumping into tackles

Palazuelos : 8 : Great first half performance made him my MoTM

Driver : 4 : As bad today as I've ever seen him.

Wallace : 4 : Thought he looked better in midfield than he does at left back.

Mikoliunas : 3 : Should have buried that header. Offered nothing else.

Nade : 1 : The guy is an unfit liability

Banks 7 -not much to do, safe hands.

Neilson - 10. Noticed after raking his studs down Murrays hand he had it bandaged in the second half, that will do for me.

Karipidis - 8. Solid

Berra - 8. See Karipidis.

Jose - 5. Stuck up for the big guy recently, but was honking the day, thank **** that Morais is gash.

Chesney - 7. Flitted in and out of game

Driver - 5. Anonymous really.

Stewart - 5. Started well but faded badly, passing was poor.

Jonsson - 7. Some crucial blocks and tackles.

Ruben - 9. Class.

Velicka - 7. Good performance and grafting.

Banks 8 -No mistakes.Never troubled.

Neilson - 8 Never beaten once.Okay his distrubution is not the best but his tackle on Murray worth the admission money alone.:)

Karipidis - 8. Best game yet my MOTM

Berra - 8. Welcome back.

Jose - 5. Weak link in our defence today.

Chesney - 4. Crap.

Driver - 4. Crap.

Stewart - 3 Even worse.

Jonsson - Good block 2nd half.Other than that another i do not rate.5

Ruben - 7. Only midfield player of note from both sides.

Velicka - 6. Another goal but must do more.

Miko. Better than Chesny but that was not hard. 5

Wallace.Far better than Stewart today.6

Nade Gave away fouls but tried at least 4.

Poor performance bar the defence.Lucky for us Hibs are crap.:)

Orpington Jambo

Banks - 9 - nothing much to do, but he did it wel and so much better than Kurksis

Neilson - 6 - typical Robbie - 110% - but no cogent thought

Karipidis - 9 - MoM - can rad game and pass ball

Berra - 8 - 2nd besty centre half

Goncalves - 5 - must read game better and not sucked inside

Cesnauskis - 6- variable

Stewart - 4 - clearly under the weather :wacko:

Jonsson - 7 - work hard and saved gol in last 10

Palazuelos 9 - better on the ball than anyone else on then

Driver - 4 - struggled against one younbger than him!

Velicka - 9 - lone striker & on 20 fags a day top man ;)

Wallace - 3 - just abour adequate

Miko - 6 - relieved a bit of pressure

Nade - 1 - agreed, fat barsteward

Got bored reading other marks, so here's mine:

Banks 7 - Did the basics well

Neilson - 5 Fairly solid, but poor distribution and positioning

Karipidis - 8 Very good, lead backline very well

Berra - 7 Solid. No mistakes

Goncalves - 6. Sucked in at times, but mainly duue to whole defence being sucked across. Morais did very little, yet Jose still gets stick:confused:

Chesney - 7 Good when he got the ball. Tracked back well

Stewart - 4 Gave ball away too easily. Clearly struggling with injury

Jonnson - 8 Superb second half. last gasp block on Fletcher was superb

Ruben - 9 motm gets better every game. Class

Driver - 3 Hasn't really took his man on for a month. Needs a "rest"

Velicka - 8 Ran himself into the ground. Proper goalscorer!

Banks - 7 - not much to do

Neilson - 6 - distribution suspect

Goncalves - 4 - there's a reason Morais had the ball so much

Berra - 7 - solid performance, particularly at set pieces v Jones

Karapidis - 7 - starting to bed in well

Jonsson - 7 - quietly efficient

Palazuelos - 8 - hardly misplaced a pass all game

Stewart - 4 - did he find a team-mate with any of his passes?

Chesney - 6 - great first half, nothing after the break

Driver - 5 - bit of a dip in form at the moment

Velicka - scored again, what would we do without him?

Nade - 2 - never did much

Mikoliunas - 6 - looked quite dangerous

Wallace - 6 - looked better in Midfield than he does at left back

Hibs - 1 - no style no substance

Kenny Clark - 1 - Hibs' best player.

magalufhearts
How can you give Goncalves a Zero? I thought he did well, despite being up against Morias who always looked dangerous.

Overall i thought it was a poor performance with only Ruben and Karipidis looking anything like quality.

Overall i thought the game was sh*te. I think Hearts going ahead early on and then defending deep forced Hibs to go long alot which resulted in a drab game.

Forgive me if im being rash but the referees in scotland are p!sh poor, Clark booked Velicka for a "dive" when there was contact in the challenge but Benji "the diver" slid into Chesney in the 1st half only 2 mins after Velicka was booked didnt receive a card at all!!!???!! It shows you the racism against lithuanians, how many times was Chesney fouled but no whistle or Velicka but Clark couldnt wait to book Nade for a bit of stupidity. The fouls against Velicka and Chesney went amiss but 2 bookings he couldnt wait to dish out!

Its bad just now in the esspee-ell and we can`t do a thing about it, ive not even mentioned the handballs we never got!

Clark..........Joke

givememychoice

Interesting. You dont think Morais looking quality was to do with Jose being dire do you? If Jose gave me that much space on the park, i would look half decent.

You didnt think Velicka was quality? How many goals does he have to score to be "quality" At the present rate, there are very very few players in our history with a greater strike rate...but i guess a strikers job isnt to score winning goals, is it?

Banks - 7 - Not a lot to do. defence looked more confident with him there.

Neilson - 5 - Better than last week, but that wasn't hard! One horrendous crossfield pass in second half.

Karipidis - 8 - Class in a glass.

Berra - 7 - Strong as an ox, but no motivator/organiser

Goncalves - 4 - Was this the same player as last week? Bombscare. Gave his man far far too much room.

Cesnauskis - 6 - Not done any favours by Clark. Some good touches.

Jonsson - 7 - Worked his socks off. Perpetual motion.

Stewart - 6 - Sick and looked like it. Good first 45 tho'.

Velicka - 9 - For the first time (to me anyway) it looked like he cared for the team. ran himself into the ground. MOTM

Palazuelos - 9 - gets better and better each week

Driver - 4 - Mince

Subs:

Wallace - 5 - OK

Mikoliunas - 4 - Also OK, perhaps should have been on sooner

Nade - 2 - No time to make much of an impact

maltese jambo
I played left back (badly) when I played football. Goncalves reminded me of myself! The difference is that he's meant to cost 2 million euros!! :confused:

is it only me who actually things Jose is actually a decent defender?

ok, he should have cleared his lines a bit better on one or two occasions...but lets be honest, he saw a lot more of the ball than most players, dealt with pretty much everything in the air, looked reasonably professional when sheparding the ball out and has the pace just to breeze past people if he's in trouble.

give the lad a break.

if anyone should be getting critisized it should be Stewart...absolutly dire. i dont care if he was ill, if that was the case he shouldnt have played. simple as that.

maltese jambo

Banks - 7 - even i could have coped in goals.

Neilson - 7 - solid.

Karipidis - 8 - impressed me for the first time.

Berra - 7 -

Goncalves - 7- a bit of problems clearing but overall not too bad atall

Cesnauskis - 7.5 - looked sharp in the first half and with a bit of luck could have had a bigger impact

Jonsson -6 - needs to stop ending up on his arse every 2 seconds.

Stewart - 4 - No.

Velicka - 7 - still doesnt do enough in the air...he needs to jump for a start

Palazuelos - 9 - has been quality since he came here...shame no1 noticed sooner

Driver - 4 - was he even playing?

Subs:

Wallace - 5 - good wee run to take the pressure off

Mikoliunas - 5 - put himself about

Nade - 2 - this boy gets fatter and fatter

Archived