'Agents lost Hearts duo five years'

tartofmidlothian

Tyrion Lannister

Relieved this is supportive of Skacel and Webster! At first glance I thought it was going to be a scathing analysis of their naivety or such-like.

It's a harmless yet reasonably sensible statement. :thumbsup:

What a fabulous sonofabitch Mr Romanov is. I might just forgive Webster yet with the great man fighting his corner. :thumbsup:

After all the craziness from vlad in the past I'm actually astounded by his recent behavior! He seems (touch wood) to have finally chilled out and is now acting the way we all wish he would during the crazy times.

Much love to the Romanov. :thumbsup:

After all the craziness from vlad in the past I'm actually astounded by his recent behavior! He seems (touch wood) to have finally chilled out and is now acting the way we all wish he would during the crazy times.

Much love to the Romanov. :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed this is correct!!

:verysmug:

Nail on Head.

If these two had stayed and developed a bit more at Hearts

Skacel on the form he was in = Top EPL club

Webster = Possible Scotland Captain

And both BIG money moves IMO.

What a guy that man is. A beautiful article telling it like it is and bigging up our 2 returning "heroes". A lot of us have said it all along, but surely now everyone must be able to see that this man, this great leader knows his onions when it comes to football and knows how to get the best for the club AND the players.

Vlad, I salute your greatness.

Geoff Kilpatrick

A very interesting article, framed in a way I think by the society Vlad grew up and experienced in the Soviet Union. Vlad's take seems to be that players need to be managed and to be told what is right and wrong, and feels patriarchal towards the players. Therefore, agents performing what he perceives as that kind of function is an anathema to him.

Where I disagree is the inference that footballers are completely thick. Judas knew exactly what he was getting into, as did Rudi for that matter.

No Judas forgiveness in this corner.

The Treasurer

At long last more people are starting to realise what myself and other more sensible fans knew from the start, Mr Romanov is the best thing to happen to our club in a very long time.

Of course there will always be the "VladGTF" idiots who let the early mistakes he has made cloud their judgement.

These mistakes were largely down to him being unable to get to grips with the out-dated, backward way Scottish football is run.

Rather than try and bull-doze his way to bring about change he has now adopted a much more subtle approach.

doubtless there will be characters somewhere who will portray this as another incoherent vlad rant. sadly there will also doubtless be one or two hearts fans on here who will once more fail to recognise the sheer greatness of the man and the many wonderful things he has brought to the hearts table during his all too short stay.

i have a full magazine of bad-taste pictures to respond with. :ninja:

Sk?cel did join Southampton for ?1.6 million though.....

And how did they use him? In the same way as Hearts, an attacking left-sided midfielder? Nope as a left back...

Romanov has said this for years, but nobody listened because he was also railing against the other forms of corruption in Scottish football - like referees (got proved right on that too!) the SFA's incompetence (got proved right on that too).

The man was a breath of fresh air but the Establishment refused to listen, and too many of us looked at the style of how he said these things, rather than the substance of what he was saying.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

When Jim was interviewed about his interest in Webster, he said that Vlad was surprised at first but came back to him very quickly with "okay, why not".

When I read JJ's account of our "throwing our hat in the ring" I imediately pictred Vlad making this kind of statement further down the line... Hell, I bet Vlad started drafting it out in his head as soon as Jim suggested it. :D

Also when he stopped "looking surprised" and said: "why not" I have always imagined he did it with an impish wee grin on his coupon. Vlad will have traced the potential conclusion of the Webster deal in his head, the second Jim proposed it.

I am still where I was with the whole affair, if Vlad can see the bigger picture and put the team first... So can this fan!

Oh and well said Vlad!

At long last more people are starting to realise what myself and other more sensible fans knew from the start, Mr Romanov is the best thing to happen to our club in a very long time.

Of course there will always be the "VladGTF" idiots who let the early mistakes he has made cloud their judgement.

These mistakes were largely down to him being unable to get to grips with the out-dated, backward way Scottish football is run.

Rather than try and bull-doze his way to bring about change he has now adopted a much more subtle approach.

So Treasurer its awe the fault of the SFA, SPL and the tea lady that our club was a fecking embarrassment in these 2/3 years!

Vlad is indeed "thee man" considering how he has so many on here rimming his backside, fair play to him :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

What a load of shite.

The Agents could do nothing without the players permission.

Both players wanted to leave - why is that so damn difficult to accept ?

What a load of shite.

Drylaw, it sums up the usual cartel on here

They wanted Webster hung drawn and quartered but now because their saviour has spoken they might re-think their opinions on the lad.....unbelievable

Snake Plissken

No one gets from where he was and to what he's made himself into without being a genious. That my friends is a Fact. :thumbsup:

HURR_by_MahAnimu.png

What a load of shite.

oh you.

he's quite obviously inferring that the agents led their respective clients' down a path that wasn't right. not that the agents somehow did anything without their clients' permission.

why is that so darn cotton pickin' confounded difficult t'understand?

:teehee:

Charlie-Brown

Webster & Skacel were badly advised & lead down a fruitless path by Agent Duddy & Whisky George - what is so damn difficult to accept?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

oh you.

he's quite obviously inferring that the agents led their respective clients' down a path that wasn't right. not that the agents somehow did anything without their clients' permission.

why is that so darn cotton pickin' confounded difficult t'understand?

:teehee:

See when you typed that reply Spankster?... Did you just get yourself prepared for the long-haul today? I picture you running to the kitchen and grabbing lots of food and supplies for the trench that you have just lowered yourself into for at least another five pages of battle.

Let the battle commence!! :lol:

See when you typed that reply Spankster?... Did you just get yourself prepared for the long-haul today? I picture you running to the kitchen and grabbing lots of food and supplies for the trench that you have just lowered yourself into for at least another five pages of battle.

not really mate. i have lots of work to eventually get on with. real-world work.

the 'battle' seems to be already lost for DH on this one. his opening gambit is one of the worst i've ever seen from the fellow.

:ninja:

Billy the Jambo

The players agents badly advised them but it was mostly down to that clown romanov interfering that led to the players leaving so he is not blameless in all this either

Tiberius Stinkfinger

not really mate. i have lots of work to eventually get on with. real-world work.

the 'battle' seems to be already lost for DH on this one. his opening gambit is one of the worst i've ever seen from the fellow.

:ninja:

Ronald-McDonald.jpg

The Treasurer

So Treasurer its awe the fault of the SFA, SPL and the tea lady that our club was a fecking embarrassment in these 2/3 years!

Vlad is indeed "thee man" considering how he has so many on here rimming his backside, fair play to him :thumbsup:

He said the refs were corrupt/incompetent - he's been proved correct

He said that the gfa/spl - were corrupt/incompetent - he's been proved correct

He said that players have been influenced by agents to the detriment of their careers - he's been proved correct

No-one is saying he's not made mistakes, he has and some absolute beauties as well, but most of what he's said with regards to Scottish football in general has been spot on or at least too close to the truth for comfort in some quarters.

As for HMFC, I've never been embarrassed to be associated with the club since he took over.

Yes there are things that I would like to have seen done differently or not done at all but if you look at where we are now compared to where we were pre-Romanov I think even the most blinkered "Vlad-hater" would have to admit we are in a far better position under his leadership

The Treasurer

What a load of shite.

So you don't think that agents can influence the decisions made by their clients with promises of bigger clubs and more money.

In general players employ agents because they are supposed to be more qualified to deal with contracts/negotiations etc so if that agent says you shouldn't sign a new contract but look for a move then most players will take the advice of a so-called expert.

Don't forget it is in the best interest of an agent to secure a move for his client rather than to have them stay at their current club with his percentage of transfer fees/signing on fees etc

Drylaw, it sums up the usual cartel on here

They wanted Webster hung drawn and quartered but now because their saviour has spoken they might re-think their opinions on the lad.....unbelievable

Aye, the lapdog loyal are out in force on this one.

Don't think anyone ever had a problem with Vlads rants at agents and journos.......it was the overall management of the club and the player recruitment policy that caused kickback meltdown.

So you don't think that agents can influence the decisions made by their clients with promises of bigger clubs and more money.

In general players employ agents because they are supposed to be more qualified to deal with contracts/negotiations etc so if that agent says you shouldn't sign a new contract but look for a move then most players will take the advice of a so-called expert.

Don't forget it is in the best interest of an agent to secure a move for his client rather than to have them stay at their current club with his percentage of transfer fees/signing on fees etc

Of course they can . But for Vlad to blame agents for fulfilling their no1 priority (ie getting the best available deal for their client) is plain stupid. Vlad is being a complete hypocrite here - are you seriously saying that Vlad wouldn't take the best available price for HIS talents ?

Skacel and Webster both walked out on the club for more money - that is their right. I didn't like it then and it stil rankles but ee are talking about grown adults making an informed decision , it wasn't as though they had a gun at their heads.

Both players left to join bigger clubs for more money. I wasn't pleased about the circumstances of eithers departure but that's life. For Vlad to fail to see that fact is plain stupid.

Of course they can . But for Vlad to blame agents for fulfilling their no1 priority (ie getting the best available deal for their client) is plain stupid. Vlad is being a complete hypocrite here - are you seriously saying that Vlad wouldn't take the best available price for HIS talents ?

Skacel and Webster both walked out on the club for more money - that is their right. I didn't like it then and it stil rankles but ee are talking about grown adults making an informed decision , it wasn't as though they had a gun at their heads.

Both players left to join bigger clubs for more money. I wasn't pleased about the circumstances of eithers departure but that's life. For Vlad to fail to see that fact is plain stupid.

Yet look where they are now...back at Hearts when they could as easily been at a much bigger club for the last 4 or 5 years earning megabucks had they been sensible as Vlad is quite clearly suggesting.

Any mention of his countless misdemeanours? How about signings like Klimek or Beniuseless? How about thousands wasted on ****s like Pinilla or Kingston? How about the pointless sacking of Burley?

Yes Webster and Skacel made a mistake on when they left Hearts but Vlad has made far more mistakes in the same period of time and never acknowledged any of them.

He said that players have been influenced by agents to the detriment of their careers - he's been proved correct

No-one is saying he's not made mistakes, he has and some absolute beauties as well, but most of what he's said with regards to Scottish football in general has been spot on or at least too close to the truth for comfort in some quarters.

As for HMFC, I've never been embarrassed to be associated with the club since he took over.

Yes there are things that I would like to have seen done differently or not done at all but if you look at where we are now compared to where we were pre-Romanov I think even the most blinkered "Vlad-hater" would have to admit we are in a far better position under his leadership

A fact that the "cartel" of negativity on here denied and protested that anyone who agreed was paranoid!

Ditto above!

Anyone who says that there aren't certain agents who upset players and their advice is more about what they can "make" out of another transfer is totally deluded!

:rofl:

If I came home to find Mr Romanov pumping my missus, I'd go and make him a pot of tea and bring him a plate of biscuits.

At the very least, i'd expect to see the footage uploaded to The p0ab2 Video Zone :o

Yet look where they are now...back at Hearts when they could as easily been at a much bigger club for the last 4 or 5 years earning megabucks had they been sensible as Vlad is quite clearly suggesting.

Could they ? How does Vlad know ?

Webster went to Rangers , he played in the EPL for Wigan (and had his shortcomings exposed for all to see). He seems to have had a very unfortunate time with injures ( a matter of fact , I'm not being at all sympatheric toward him).

Rudi said he would stay if we got Champs league football : we did, but he didn't. He left for a bigger club on more money and I'll bet he made a mint out of his subsequent moves across Europe.

For Vlad to suggest what might have been given his shambolic running of the club from 2006 onwards is unbelievable. Those guys must be glad , looking back, they left when they did.

ah yes, the old argument about how vlad isn't entitled to have a say about other peoples' mistakes because he's had some of his own.

it still makes no sense after all these years.

the same people who criticise vlad when he does something they don't agree with will have made plenty of mistakes themselves.

chick young recently said that vlad had no right to have an opinion on something because of the wholly unrelated issue of hearts having a large debt. young is of course a slavering erse.

it would be a shame if hearts fans were falling into the same trap of confusing completely different issues.

"you canny say nowt aboot agents vlad 'cos you once lumped us with a useless LIFF".

geez a brek.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

ah yes, the old argument about how vlad isn't entitled to have a say about other peoples' mistakes because he's had some of his own.

it still makes no sense after all these years.

the same people who criticise vlad when he does something they don't agree with will have made plenty of mistakes themselves.

chick young recently said that vlad had no right to have an opinion on something because of the wholly unrelated issue of hearts having a large debt. young is of course a slavering erse.

it would be a shame if hearts fans were falling into the same trap of confusing completely different issues.

"you canny say nowt aboot agents vlad 'cos you once lumped us with a useless LIFF".

geez a brek.

Those burgers aint gonna flip themselves bud! :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Any mention of his countless misdemeanours? How about signings like Klimek or Beniuseless? How about thousands wasted on ****s like Pinilla or Kingston? How about the pointless sacking of Burley?

Yes Webster and Skacel made a mistake on when they left Hearts but Vlad has made far more mistakes in the same period of time and never acknowledged any of them.

Isn't it just over 3 years now since the New Year statement in which he promised to mend his ways, a promise which has been fulfilled?

The Old Tolbooth

Can't agree with all of that and I may be going against the grain here, but Vlad made an utter feck up of running this club when he first took over, and people have short memories where he's concerned.

He saved us from the impending doom of Murrayfield, for which I will always be grateful, but it still doesn't excuse the way he came in and ran the club (more mismanaged really) for the first 4 years, the ship has only started steadying since Csaba was appointed manager, followed by the legend that is JJ.

Whilst I agree with a lot of Vlad's thoughts on how Scottish football is corruptly run, I simply see his latest approach to the papers as coming at them from a different angle, and employing a new tactic, which I have to admit is quite refreshing seeing as some of his comments from a few years ago were embarrassing to the club on a whole.

To claim that Vlad was unable to get to grips with the out dated way that Scottish football was run is ridiculous to be honest, considering his background in the Lithuanian league where his club were relegated because of corruptness.

Sorry for pishing on a lot of peoples chips here, but where Vlad is concerned the jury is still well and truly out for me, although the way he's been letting Csaba, JJ, and BB get on with things lately is certainly more encouraging.

As for Webster and Rudi, Vlad is basically claiming that these players are unable to think for themselves and have to be led by the hand by corrupt agents, and whilst I agree that agents are as bent as a nine bob note, I don't believe for a minute that these players didn't know what they were doing. The bottom line is however that Webster and Rudi are back playing in maroon now, so everyone might as well get behind them and support the team, which is why we all go to Tynecastle in the first place.

Maybe not what everyone want's to read or hear, but I tell it like I see it, if you don't like it then :bootyshake:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Can't agree with all of that and I may be going against the grain here, but Vlad made an utter feck up of running this club when he first took over, and people have short memories where he's concerned.

He saved us from the impending doom of Murrayfield, for which I will always be grateful, but it still doesn't excuse the way he came in and ran the club (more mismanaged really) for the first 4 years, the ship has only started steadying since Csaba was appointed manager, followed by the legend that is JJ.

Whilst I agree with a lot of Vlad's thoughts on how Scottish football is corruptly run, I simply see his latest approach to the papers as coming at them from a different angle, and employing a new tactic, which I have to admit is quite refreshing seeing as some of his comments from a few years ago were embarrassing to the club on a whole.

To claim that Vlad was unable to get to grips with the out dated way that Scottish football was run is ridiculous to be honest, considering his background in the Lithuanian league where his club were relegated because of corruptness.

Sorry for pishing on a lot of peoples chips here, but where Vlad is concerned the jury is still well and truly out for me, although the way he's been letting Csaba, JJ, and BB get on with things lately is certainly more encouraging.

As for Webster and Rudi, Vlad is basically claiming that these players are unable to think for themselves and have to be led by the hand by corrupt agents, and whilst I agree that agents are as bent as a nine bob note, I don't believe for a minute that these players didn't know what they were doing. The bottom line is however that Webster and Rudi are back playing in maroon now, so everyone might as well get behind them and support the team, which is why we all go to Tynecastle in the first place.

Maybe not what everyone want's to read or hear, but I tell it like I see it, if you don't like it then :bootyshake:

No, I think most of that was pretty much fair play there John.

Vlad's been a mixed bag but IMO he has done far more good than bad and his current more chilled persona is very welcome indeed. He has done wrong but that should not stop him having an opinion on the wrongs he sees in our set-up either. :thumbsup:

The players agents badly advised them but it was mostly down to that clown romanov interfering that led to the players leaving so he is not blameless in all this either

If you be believe what was written at the time, he made Webster an offer that would make him one of, if not the highest paid player at the club. He then reserved the right as owner to curb the playing career of Webster on the back of him turning down the offer. That last part could be regarded as petty. However, if we take the offer as golden, then Webster and his agent would appear to be the panto villains in this case. Romanov has without doubt made mistakes and I'm sure he will make many more, but he does seem to genuinely want success for the club.

Archived