jose

djg001

shut up!

he done alright, he needs a coach to give him his remitt and made to stick to it.

clean sheet and 3 points ...enjoy it!

Goncalves did ok second half but I still don't rate him at all. If it was a choice between him and Neilson (I know they play different positions, I would pick Neilson every time. Imagine if I said to you hearts were to sign a left back who's pro's and con's were as follows:-

Pro's:-

Fast

Athletic

Long Throw

Con's:-

No positional sence

Nervy/unconvincing on the ball

Hopeless in the air

Unusual method of tacking

Prone to turning his back when blocking shots / crosses

Doesn't get forward (ok he does but rarely is given the ball by his team mates - I wonder why)

Then I think you would say to me, no thanks.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I would take 500K for Jose in a second and bring in a better left back with the money. Nothing against the lad just don't think he cuts the mustard.

Sorry,jose was a bombscare,especially in the first half.

He looked he was going to cost us a goal.

We need 2 new fullback's.

I thought he was a bit dodgy like.

that step over going towards banks looked like a timebomb waiting to go off and we were lucky to get away with it.

If no new players coming in at left back then give wallace a go...(not much better i know)

Apart from him(and Nade), I thought everyone else did rather well

You've got it spote on mate, Jose is such a weak link and Neilson, well....!

Lombardia Jambo

Jos? was terrible today, especially in the first half.But, 3 points in a derby........ so, who cares ??

We wanted him hooked for Wallace at half-time. Could someone not teach him how to mark a man and deny him possession. Brutal. Bombscare is the word.

Neilson, on the other hand, was solid today. Kept it simple and never gave them a sniff.

He made a few mistakes but he also done a lot of goods things too. While he certainly wasn't on fire I don't think he was that bad.

Terrible defender.

Constantly 10 yards in from his man.

It was the only area of the pitch where Hibs looked lke they could hurt us because he's incapable of sticking to his man.

The one that Burnt-face Benji missed from 3 yards had me out of my seat yelling at him, and that's something I try not to do.

neilson had a stormer...

jose didn't clear the ball in simple situations, he made a meal out of every clearance, punted the ball into the stand every time.

oh for takis..

we need a left back as a priority.

karapidas was great though...

Tynecastle Valhalla

jose didnt make any big errors his distribution was just poor generally. He is the best left back we have at the club and on a bigger pitch such as hamden ibrox or parkhead his pace really is useful.

Get behind the guy!!

Neilson was much better today.

Terrible defender.

It was the only area of the pitch where Hibs looked lke they could hurt us because he's incapable of sticking to his man.

The one that Burnt-face Benji missed from 3 yards had me out of my seat yelling at him, and that's something I try not to do.

Oddly enough I'm not convinced that the winger WAS his man. On one occasion, both he and Banks shouted at Driver for not marking him. I believe Jose is working under instructions when he drifts inside - he does it far too often for it to be a mistake.

Terrible defender.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who notices this.

He's an absolute bombscare.

badly drawn boy
Thank you. I thought I was the only one who notices this.

He's an absolute bombscare.

And he didnt learn from his mistakes -what did it have to take for him to get tighter to his man , time after time he was exposed -Hibs knew it was the weak link in which to attack

Thought Robbie was solid today -did the easy thing , cleared his lines and powerfull attacking the ball

Once again, he kept getting sucked into central defence and gave that guy Morais about a 10 yard head start. If he can't start marking the opposing teams right winger, we are going to start getting punished.

His positional sense for a full back is suspect to say the least. It's lucky the guy is fast as hell.

not just a game

Jose gets pulled inside but it is worth taking a look why. Neilson never looks along the line and ends up playing 10 yards in front of the rest of the defence, this in turn pulling the rest of the defence over to cover. Neilson needs to drop off and form a proper back four line to allow jose to concentrate on playing as a proper out and out left back rather than covering inside.

peebles jambo

hear ,hear, he is absolute rubbish, the quicker he goes the better

Jose gets pulled inside but it is worth taking a look why. Neilson never looks along the line and ends up playing 10 yards in front of the rest of the defence, this in turn pulling the rest of the defence over to cover. Neilson needs to drop off and form a proper back four line to allow jose to concentrate on playing as a proper out and out left back rather than covering inside.

Bollocks. Hibs were hitting long diagonal balls to Morais who was standing by himself on the touchline, and Jose was playing too far off him. The rest of the defense didn't have time to get pulled out of position. Jose needs to mark his man there, and allow the centrebacks to worry about the men coming through the middle. If Jose does more to deny Hibs the possession on the right, they'd have to come through the congested middle, and they were getting very little joy there. Jose was like a crossing guard out there in the first half.

not just a game
Bollocks. Hibs were hitting long diagonal balls to Morais who was standing by himself on the touchline, and Jose was playing too far off him. The rest of the defense didn't have time to get pulled out of position. Jose needs to mark his man there, and allow the centrebacks to worry about the men coming through the middle. If Jose does more to deny Hibs the possession on the right, they'd have to come through the congested middle, and they were getting very little joy there. Jose was like a crossing guard out there in the first half.

But ask yourself why he has to move inside. A back four should form a stright line, one player to far out leads to the rest being dragged out of position. I Jose did go close to Morias that would have left major gaps along the back line.

But ask yourself why he has to move inside. A back four should form a stright line, one player to far out leads to the rest being dragged out of position. I Jose did go close to Morias that would have left major gaps along the back line.

IF? He has to go and mark him. If that leaves a gap, then the centrebacks sort it out, as is their job, positioning and marshalling the centre of the park. It was one way traffic down the right hand side for over half an hour because Jose wouldn't play his position. He doesn't need to move inside if all the Hibs do is hit the ball to the winger time after time. It doesn't take a footballing genius to see that the other team are trying something on, repeatedly, so you adjust your positioning/marking to see if they have any other ideas. Hmm, maybe I should mark my man and deny that space, that might cause them to change the way they are playing. Schoolboy stuff.

Goncalves did ok second half but I still don't rate him at all. If it was a choice between him and Neilson (I know they play different positions, I would pick Neilson every time. Imagine if I said to you hearts were to sign a left back who's pro's and con's were as follows:-

Pro's:-

Fast

Athletic

Long Throw

Con's:-

No positional sence

Nervy/unconvincing on the ball

Hopeless in the air

Unusual method of tacking

Prone to turning his back when blocking shots / crosses

Doesn't get forward (ok he does but rarely is given the ball by his team mates - I wonder why)

Then I think you would say to me, no thanks.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I would take 500K for Jose in a second and bring in a better left back with the money. Nothing against the lad just don't think he cuts the mustard.

Good post and sums it up. He keeps showing little signs that he is improving and then the next week is all over the shop.

My view though is that Levein would have him turned into a real quality full back in two weeks. I would have thought with Frail being a full-back and allegedly a coach that his technique and positional sense would have improved, however it is abundantly clear that we have no coaching at the club.

Jambojohnnyboy

I'd rate him a bombscare too, someone needs to take Jose into Tyie through the week and show him where row Z is. Then he can practice punting the ball up there.

He was awful today. Lee Wallace must wonder what he has to do to get on the pitch ahead of this guy. Ditto as above - we should bite whoever's hand off if offered ?500k.

i can defend and and slate him today.

absolute bombscare in possesion consrtantly tries to shepard the ball when alot of the time it needs hoofed.

the point made earlier about him holding the line and not getting dragged out is absolutely spot on as is the fact Driver was getting pelters from teammates for giving Morais too much space and leaving it all to jose.

His first half "performance" today was one of the worst I've seen from any Hearts player in years.

Thankfully he got a bit better in the second half and it didn't cost us.

Overall however - a shocker.

Archived