?2,500 to spend

Serj Tankian

Been selling off some of my possesions and now have some cash to spend . Probably buy a watch but looking for other ideas want to spend it all at once no interest in holidays or electrical goods as i am up to date with them.

Towards a car?

Save it?

New laptop/computer?

Buy a loved one something special?

Take a holiday to somewhere you've always wanted to go. With that amount of money you could maybe even fit in a couple of places you're desperate to see.

Johanes de Silentio

Been selling off some of my possesions and now have some cash to spend . Probably buy a watch but looking for other ideas want to spend it all at once no interest in holidays or electrical goods as i am up to date with them.

Honestly, mate - save it until something comes up - you'll be glad you did.

Do people still wear watches? :blink:

You could always upgrade your kickback subscription - there's a top-notch deal for about ?2,000 that is AMAZING - only thing is you cannae get access during busy times, but then your PC's most probably to blame for that.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd stick some aside for when it comes time to renew your season ticket mate, ?3-400 is a fair chunk to find in the summer time :thumbsup:

Alternatively, you could drink yourself into oblivion, get drugged up to the eyeballs, spend a whack of it on hookers, and then waste the rest! :whistling:

How about a low budget 'Secret Millionaire' where you go around Edinburgh buying vintage wine for a selection of unsuspecting jakeys you have befriended on the premise of being 'wan o theym'. You could get one of your mates to film it on their phone.

In Leith.

Obviously.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I have a lovely mountain bike for sale

Yours for a mere ?2200

Honestly, mate - save it until something comes up - you'll be glad you did.

Do people still wear watches? :blink:

You could always upgrade your kickback subscription - there's a top-notch deal for about ?2,000 that is AMAZING - only thing is you cannae get access during busy times, but then your PC's most probably to blame for that.

I love my watch :verymad:

Johanes de Silentio

I love my watch :verymad:

Yes, but you're a Mod - it's all about style, innit?

Do you have a mobile?

Yes, but you're a Mod - it's all about style, innit?

Do you have a mobile?

A what ?

He meant moped.

Cheers.

Nope, no moped, that'll be those 50cc things, way too slow and unstylish.

20041208_n023-tagheuer1.jpg

I have ?40k redundancy coming my way, one treat will be a ?3k Tag watch. This baby above is ?71,500.

Three thousand pounds on a watch? Can I ask what exactly it is that makes it worth 3 grand, as opposed to one in the ?1-500 range?

Three thousand pounds on a watch? Can I ask what exactly it is that makes it worth 3 grand, as opposed to one in the ?1-500 range?

The ability to tell time in an ever so smug manner.

"Certainly I'll tell you the time. It's 3.42pm. Can you see my watch? It confirms that I'm better than you".

The ability to tell time in an ever so smug manner.

"Certainly I'll tell you the time. It's 3.42pm. Can you see my watch? It confirms that I'm better than you".

All well and good, my man. But given that this lad is neither Ryan Reynolds or Michel Roux Jr, the effect of the ?3k watch may well be negated by the fact he's having to wear an Autograph range suit from the sale to compensate. Sartorial prioritisation is key here.

Governor Tarkin

I'd stick some aside for when it comes time to renew your season ticket mate, ?3-400 is a fair chunk to find in the summer time :thumbsup:

Alternatively, you could drink yourself into oblivion, get drugged up to the eyeballs, spend a whack of it on hookers, and then waste the rest! :whistling:

Some sterling advice there mate.

i hate watch philistines, i really do. :facepalm:

that tag heuer is a horrible looking thing but it's still a high quality automatic movement... in essence a real watch.

i despair of those roasters you see wearing a disgusting, cheap quartz movement encased in a flashy (but tacky) non-precious metal case with a clothes designer name stamped on it.

want a ?30 quartz watch bud, u. gonna go oot and spunk ?300 on wan wae a smart name oan it likesy.

roasters.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

i hate watch philistines, i really do. :facepalm:

that tag heuer is a horrible looking thing but it's still a high quality automatic movement... in essence a real watch.

i despair of those roasters you see wearing a disgusting, cheap quartz movement encased in a flashy (but tacky) non-precious metal case with a clothes designer name stamped on it.

want a ?30 quartz watch bud, u. gonna go oot and spunk ?300 on wan wae a smart name oan it likesy.

roasters.

Is this Ok Spunkster ?

19473.jpg

I have ?40k redundancy coming my way, one treat will be a ?3k Tag watch. This baby above is ?71,500.

40k.. I hope you've thought about what to do with that cash.. If you want free advice (proper professional advice).. just ask..

Tiberius Stinkfinger

a truly vomit inducing piece of wristal excrement.

when did you buy it?

I didn't, my Wife bought me one a few years ago.

I will pass on your regards.

I didn't, my Wife bought me one a few years ago.

I will pass on your regards.

you never were any good at reading between the lines.

every act contains a message.

it's shite.

RoussetsShorts

If you don't need to spend it I'd open up a shares portfolio and invest it in BP or Shell who both pay a good dividend and will see their market caps rocketing over the next decade due to oil price / demand.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

you never were any good at reading between the lines.

every act contains a message.

it's shite.

I have 2 of them.

Daydream Believer

A good watch is a great thing to buy and will last your whole life and can also be passed on, but agree that a tag is a boring choice, and quartz fashion watches suck. All steel Omega Constelation Automatic would be my choice, or else try to pick up one of these 2nd hand.

270862_15458.jpg

Best watch ever made IMO.

I know a man who knows a Nigerian man who can turn that ?2,500 into ?25,000 , ill await a PM asking for the bank dets :whistling:

I'm a gadget man so i'd probably go for an alienware laptop and an iphone (or similar) to start with.

But since your up to date with electrical goods...

Why not start off buy getting some subscriptions to things you like? You save a bit of money by paying upfront.

http://www.lovefilm.com

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk

http://www.graze.com/

Just a few examples.

Getting shit through your door all the time is good.. :D (unless it really is shit)

Hannibal Lecter

I'm a gadget man so i'd probably go for an alienware laptop and an iphone (or similar) to start with.

But since your up to date with electrical goods...

Why not start off buy getting some subscriptions to things you like? You save a bit of money by paying upfront.

http://www.lovefilm.com

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk

http://www.graze.com/

Just a few examples.

Getting shit through your door all the time is good.. :D (unless it really is shit)

Then it just smells and takes some cleaning :down::lol:

3K watch is all well and good before some hobo takes it off you and sells it in the pub for next to nixy just to get his next hit :huh:

Archived