would you miss the hibs?

The other lot look like being in a fight for survival with hamilton to stay up this season,if it happened(please)would you miss the derby or would giving them it tight make up for it?

Napoleon  Wilson

Seeing them in the 1st Division again for a season or two would be just fine by me! You never know, we could get drawn together in the cup :lol:

Nope - because they would immediately be back up the season after.

Would happily miss the seasons derby's to lord it over them for a while.

blondejamtart

In all honesty, as much fun as it is to see them getting gubbed time and time in the derby, my answer would have to be no - seeing them relegated would be quite fun.

Francis Albert

I'd be willing to see them in the First (or lower) for a while (say 5 or 10 years) to find out if I miss them.

If Hibs ( or Aberdeen, though sadly that's looking less likely) go down, promotion to the SPL would not be a foregone conclusion.

In answer to the question: No, Edinburgh would be a better place without the stain of shame that is Hibernian.

Snake Plissken

Hamilton are too far behind to stay up. Hibs will probably finish 9th or 10th.

I would like to see Aberdeen relegated because they deserve it but they're pulling away now anyway and will be top six next season.

Rudi Hates Hibees

I'd miss the Derbys but if that lot got relegated it would be worth it for a season or two. :woot:

Until I finally - if ever - get tired of endless derby victories they can hover near but not quite at the foot of the table for now.

Na I wouldn't miss them. Chances are they won't go down though, from what I saw of Hamilton last night they are chronic and will be relegated.

Not necessarily bud.

Hibs have an interesting run of games coming up:-

Celtic (H)

Motherwell (A)

Rangers (H)

United (A)

St Mirren (H)

Killie (H)

St Mirren (A)

It's quite possible that they could only take 3 points from that? The games against St Mirren will be interesting!

I was hoping that if the spl went down to 10 teams and three went down that they would be one of the three anyway, and depending on who the other two were, they might not make it straight back up. But no, wouldnae miss them.

Rollercoaster

I would miss the derby no doubt but for two reasons and two reasons only I would LOVE Hibs to get relegated.

1. Ian Murray

2. Derek Riordan

There are some really tough teams and players in the 1st division and the thug that is Ian Murray would soon meet his match. Note that in the last two derbys it is only Ian Black, who is possibly (Temps aside) the smallest player in the team that he has taken out. He tried to get him within minutes of coming on at Fester Road and then wiped him clean out on NYD. When he make a ridiculous attempt to bully Kyle in a challenge he lost a tooth :lol:

I would LOVE their careers to fester away in the 1st division where, it has already been said, there is no guarantee that they'd get straight back out.

Hibs for relegation - any day of the week!!

Yes, it would be funny....and it's not as if they can't afford to go down given how amazingly flush they are and all that jazz so it's not as if the existence of the club would be a stake or anything like that. But I'd still miss them, even if it was just for one season. They wouldn't provide half as much entertainment and the idea of having no derbies for that length of time is just rubbish. I like having them around, they remind me how fortunate we are.

Na I wouldn't miss them. Chances are they won't go down though, from what I saw of Hamilton last night they are chronic and will be relegated.

I don't think I've ever seen a worse SPL team than when we hammered them 4-0 at the start of the season. If Hibs can't finish above them then it must be the worst team in Hibs history.

Maybe if they went down, they could bring back their 2 season legend (and one of those in the 1st division) as manager.

He might even win a game.

It's a cheery bye from me if they go down.

Miller Jambo 60

In all honesty, as much fun as it is to see them getting gubbed time and time in the derby, my answer would have to be no - seeing them relegated would be quite fun.

Love to see them going down, the slagging would be ottthumbsup.gif.

The other lot look like being in a fight for survival with hamilton to stay up this season,if it happened(please)would you miss the derby or would giving them it tight make up for it?

Nope, wouldn't miss them. To win silverware in this country, you have to get the better of the oldfirm, they are our real rivals. Hibs are nothing more than a minor irritation that we have the misfortune of sharing a city with, what Hibs do or don't do, won't make any difference to us in our attempts to become a decent force in this country.

I would like to see Aberdeen relegated because they deserve it but they're pulling away now anyway and will be top six next season.

4 points with a game in hand, and Hibs to play at home soon. It's no exactly an insurmountable gap.

Hibs next 6 games are home to Celtic, away to Motherwell, home to Rangers, away to Dundee Utd, home to St Mirren and home to Killie.

Do you see many points for them there?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I would miss them in the same way i miss my last crap. Watch it circle around for a bit, Then forget about it forever.

I'd never miss Hibs.

If they get relegated i would celebrate.

I would like nothing better than for them to be wiped from the face of this earth.

Jimmy McNulty

Nope - because they would immediately be back up the season after.

Would happily miss the seasons derby's to lord it over them for a while.

This

I kind of like hibs.

?????????????????????????????/

You thinking straight?

You KIND OF LIKE HIBS ?

Has Canary boy hijacked your PC?

I've said for years that our main competition, clubs like Dundee Utd, Motherwell, and some seasons Aberdeen, have a slight advantage over us since they don't have a derby game 4 times a season. I know those teams have 'derbies' but not real city derbies like we do.

On the one hand it would be funny for a while if they went down but I love the fixture more than any other so yeah I'd 'miss' them :thumbsup:

On the pretense that it was just for a season, not at all. I'd love to see them fall, then come back up and rub their noses in it s'more. They'd be weakened by the loss of 'big name' players when they went down and upon return would be akin to the likes of Hamilton and St.Mirren; in a constant fight to stay up.

That'd be nice.

Paw broon has had an instant effect on the sheep a good appointment for them and they will stay up no problem, the hobos have appointed a dud a useless dud with luck he will remain at the helm they are going down with him in charge long may he stay :woot:

I would miss the derby no doubt but for two reasons and two reasons only I would LOVE Hibs to get relegated.

1. Ian Murray

2. Derek Riordan

There are some really tough teams and players in the 1st division and the thug that is Ian Murray would soon meet his match. Note that in the last two derbys it is only Ian Black, who is possibly (Temps aside) the smallest player in the team that he has taken out. He tried to get him within minutes of coming on at Fester Road and then wiped him clean out on NYD. When he make a ridiculous attempt to bully Kyle in a challenge he lost a tooth :lol:

I would LOVE their careers to fester away in the 1st division where, it has already been said, there is no guarantee that they'd get straight back out.

Hibs for relegation - any day of the week!!

Is a Tuesday good for you?

My answer would be no, a few seasons down there with dundee fc would do them the world off good :thumbsup:

Archived