''Fans'' were to blame.

ThomasFlogel

The fans that were there never got behind the team, but to be fair we were playing that badly that it was hard to get motivated by it. In fact to be honest when St Johnstone scored I simply said 'oh for ****s sake' and resigned myself to the fact we had lost a game that had 0-0 written all over it, I couldn't shake off the apathy that was being transmitted from the pitch.

The showing had been that bad that at the end I just dismissed it with a shrug of the shoulders like the game meant **** all. That's not my fault, it's not the fan's fault it is the PLAYERS who were at fault, end of story.

The Old Tolbooth

Some agree with me. Some dont. Not surprising.

There really are some arseholes on here. The clique of the regular posters.

To the idiot who says its okay to boo your own team. You really are vermin.

I'm not having that like, if a team performs poorly on the park and people have paid good money to watch that team, then they're very much entitled to let them know how they feel by booing them, last night the team were so honkingly bad that they deserved to know that we weren't happy.

personally, I didn't actually boo anyone myself, but I have absolutely no problem with others showing their feelings towards a completely inept performance like that.

To call good Hearts fans who forked out their hard earned to watch that shit last night "vermin" for doing so is bang out of order, and you need to take a long hard look at yourself mate!

The same Season Ticket holders you are having a go at, probably went to the early round cup games at your age. Unfortunately when people grow up they have responsibilities, a family and a career.

For a lot of people Hearts (or any football club supporter) is a social thing every second weekend to bump the wife and go for a few drinks. Unless Scottish football drastically reduces the prices of the early rounds of cup competitions then the attendances especially the mid week games will be lower.

I like Hearts fans, outside the OF we have the highest attendances and they pretty much sustain even when we do a bit crap. Considering how stale scottish football has become in the last few years it's quite an acheivement especially when you compare us against other non-OF teams.

Rangers only got circa 12,000 against Kilmarnock. This isn't a "Hearts fan" thing, it is an issue within our game.

Well, there's one way to get yourself a busy thread and a shot in the JKB spotlight. Very provocative OP, but then I guess you probably already knew that....

And you're so off the mark it's unbelievable. Aside from all the reasons given already by previous responses to your nonsense, it's really just as well that more fans weren't there and didn't have to sit through that pile of rubbish which only vaguely resembled a football game. I couldn't give two hoots whether or not there was 1000 or 10,000 fans present - those players are paid to play football and they failed to do that last night. The suggestion that it's acceptable for them to have attendance-performance criteria is absolutely ludicrous.

People had their reasons for not going last night and given the pricing structure and the fact that most people are seriously skint in January, it's more impressive that we got as many there as we did. You only have to look at the poor turn out from the St Johnstone fans to see what their thinking was going into the pricing negotiations with the approach that they did. Fact is that as long as even ONE supporter turned up last night, those overpaid jessies should have performed. They just didn't do their jobs last night, it's really quite straightforward.

Any replies to these posts?

The fans that were there never got behind the team, but to be fair we were playing that badly that it was hard to get motivated by it. In fact to be honest when St Johnstone scored I simply said 'oh for ****s sake' and resigned myself to the fact we had lost a game that had 0-0 written all over it, I couldn't shake off the apathy that was being transmitted from the pitch.

The showing had been that bad that at the end I just dismissed it with a shrug of the shoulders like the game meant **** all. That's not my fault, it's not the fan's fault it is the PLAYERS who were at fault, end of story.

I agree with a lot of what you say, however whatever happened to fans feeling motivated to getting behind the team from the off? Why wait for the team to do something? Football is surely about going along to the game, having a bit of a sing song / banter with the away fans, and hopefully seeing us win. Or did I miss something?

Miller Jambo 60

The players ultimately didn't play well enough but I do think the atmosphere was rank rotten and didn't help the team. We are meant to work together to get the best for Hearts and I didn't feel the fans did that last night. In fact quite often the majority of the stadium other than G and N don't contribute much to the atmosphere at all. The culture seems to be to criticise rather than support for a lot of fans. When Obua and Elliot came on last night I heard fans telling them to GTF, and this is before a ball is even kicked. Everyone is entitled to do what they want, but all I am saying is that if we "supported" the team more when they needed us (i.e. when playing bad) we may turn defeats into draws, and draws into wins. We can be the extra man.

Eh G had a chance last nightlaugh.gif, N was rank and they know it.

Tried to start a song 1 min in the game and everyone looked at me like i had 2 headsangry.gif

In the Gorgie.

Doug.

St Johnstone only had a couple hundred there, how come they managed to get a result?

Also, this whole "they will come out the woodwork for the final" pash. I suppose you would prefer Hearts to only have the 6,000 who turned up last night to attend the final. Cracking atmosphere that would be!

:(

I wanted an explanation on why Hearts fans are vermin.

Just for the record, I am welcoming to every new poster on this site and enjoy debating different points as you can see in my post joined with redm's about 2 posts up.

There is always an exception to prove the rule though. thumbsup.gif

I'm not having that like, if a team performs poorly on the park and people have paid good money to watch that team, then they're very much entitled to let them know how they feel by booing them, last night the team were so honkingly bad that they deserved to know that we weren't happy.

personally, I didn't actually boo anyone myself, but I have absolutely no problem with others showing their feelings towards a completely inept performance like that.

To call good Hearts fans who forked out their hard earned to watch that shit last night "vermin" for doing so is bang out of order, and you need to take a long hard look at yourself mate!

Exactly.

The team were booed off the pitch last night and it is 100% right that this was the case. They played like they had their boots on the wrong feet throughout, and, frankly I wasted my money going to watch it.

Just as I am allowed to voice my pleasure when we play well, jump for joy when we score, roar my delight when we win I am also perfectly entitled to voice my displeasure when we play like a bunch of retards, and it's simply ridiculous to think that this is wrong. As it happens I didn't actually boo last night, but that was simply because all passion had been drained from my body by the most inept performance I have witnessed at Tynecastle for many years.

@ the OP - What are we meant to do after we played like we did last night? Get naked and do a lap of honour around Tynecastle? I think not, I reserve the right to be annoyed when we play way below our ability and let a pishy wee team like St Johnstone knock us out the cup at the first hurdle, in a season that we had a very real chance of winning it thank you very much, (and let's face it they were utterly rank last night too) .

Actually OP, what did you do after the final whistle? Clap? Cheer? Dance the funky chicken? I doubt it.

The Treasurer

i was there last night but who are you to criticise anybody for not going last night?

if people couldn`t be arsed going that`s up to them. blaming punters not going for the poor result is pathetic.

Show me where I said anyone was to blame for the result blink.gif

Get a grip folks !!!

No-one is having a go at those who weren't there last night (or at any other match)due to legitimate reasons (i.e. work, family, location etc).

Any criticism is (rightly) directed at those who were able to go and chose not to because they either :

1. couldn't be arsed

2. couldn't sit in their own wee seat

or any similar pathetic excuse.

you didn`t blame the fans for the result, tam flogel did.

you did however say it was quite right to criticise fans for not going cos they couldn`t be arsed.

so again who are you to criticise anyone for not going?

Guest juvehearts

Get a grip folks !!!

No-one is having a go at those who weren't there last night (or at any other match)due to legitimate reasons (i.e. work, family, location etc).

Any criticism is (rightly) directed at those who were able to go and chose not to because they either :

1. couldn't be arsed

2. couldn't sit in their own wee seat

or any similar pathetic excuse.

1 & 2 for me treasurer

fire away :ninja:

juve

The Treasurer

you didn`t blame the fans for the result, tam flogel did.

you did however say it was quite right to criticise fans for not going cos they couldn`t be arsed.

so again who are you to criticise anyone for not going?

I am someone who is as much entitled to my opinion as anyone else.

The Treasurer

1 & 2 for me treasurer

juve

I'm sure you don't need me to add to your obvious feeling of pride in choosing not to back your team.

As has been said it's your choice and I really couldn't care less if you choose never to be arsed attending again or not.

Massive over-reaction on here this morning. Most of you should be ashamed. We got beat. Our first defeat in ages, simple. It happens. Forget about it and move on.

The blame lies with the fans. For these reasons.

7000 Maximum at Tynecastle for 'our' cup. That is nothing short of a disgrace. These fans that couldn't find the ?25, would have found it for a final. Rangers had the excuse of their game being televised.

Some idiotic 'fans' booed the team at half time. Are they on smack? Far too high an expectation. Saints were organised and very tough to break down. It happens in football. There was no lack of commitment or urgency.

The abuse of Obua after his miss is a joke. I was right behind it, it wasn't that bad, yes he should have scored, but there were 2 defenders and a goalkeeper to beat. He done well to get to the ball.

I can't wait for Tannadice. Please Please let the 'supporters' turn up and cheer the Jambo's on.

A final point. Now i am a ST holder. BUT i don't think that makes me any more of a fan than someone who isn't. On here people are slating people (non ST holders) for staying away, when they cannot attend week in, week out. The only shame that should be felt is by those ST holders who didn't turn up yesterday, that for me, is not a 'real' fan, if there is such a thing. You go when you can by any means. Thats a real fan.

We'll support you ever-more. Get off the teams back you unrealistic twats (in the nicest way possible).

This post should have IRONY stamped across it.

I ain't explaining why....think for yourself.

tommythejambo

I couldn't afford the ?25, already booked my travel through to Dundee on Saturday, and booking a holiday tonight aswell.

Don't tar us all with the same [mod edit] brush.

ToadKiller Dog

There has been more hysterics from countless people in threads started telling folk to calm down on kickback than any slagging off the players or the performance .

The players were off there game last night , Booing at half time happens all the time if the fans think the performance is not up to scratch ,i didnt boo but we have rightly high standards and expectations for this squad and so we should they are a good squad , i think though that our central midfield is a

weak point and needs added to .

As for Obua he missed a sitter he should expect pelters for that if he scores at tannadice all the gangsta patter will be out thats football .

To blame the fans is total nonsense our crowd stood up pretty well with the other cup games given it was moved from Sunday ,I moved my seat for the game

to see a game from a different angle and Tynie looks impresive standing from the main stand havnt watched a game from there for over a decade, the wheatfield wasnt full but the stadium never was going to be for this game .

Yes i am still dissapointed but i bet the players/management are hurting and angry with themselves also and will do there best to put it right and there will be a good amount of us a tannadice giving backing from start to finish .

I am someone who is as much entitled to my opinion as anyone else.

that is true.

and the people who annoy me most are punters who come on here and slate fans (in this case including season ticket holders) for not going to games.

i go to games and went last night because i want(ed) to if i decided at the last minute not to bother that`s my business. this uber fan p1sh arguement holds no foundation and is one of the worst things about this forum.

just you concentrate on attending yourself and leave everyone else to do as they please.

The Treasurer

that is true.

and the people who annoy me most are punters who come on here and slate fans (in this case including season ticket holders) for not going to games.

i go to games and went last night because i want(ed) to if i decided at the last minute not to bother that`s my business. this uber fan p1sh arguement holds no foundation and is one of the worst things about this forum.

just you concentrate on attending yourself and leave everyone else to do as they please.

TBH I have no interest in whether you or anyone else for that matter attends games or not.

What I do find rather sad is those that choose not to attend and then come on here and almost boast about it as if it were something to be proud of.

TBH I have no interest in whether you or anyone else for that matter attends games or not.

What I do find rather sad is those that choose not to attend and then come on here and almost boast about it as if it were something to be proud of.

Aye that is a wee bit nippy but most of the posters doing that are just doing it to noise you up.

The Treasurer

Aye that is a wee bit nippy but most of the posters doing that are just doing it to noise you up.

You mean they're doing all this just for little old me unsure.gif

I never knew I was so important smile.gif

I chose not to attend, and now I'm on here because I want to boast about it as if it's something to be proud of.

Nah, not really - but imagine if I did!

You mean they're doing all this just for little old me unsure.gif

I never knew I was so important smile.gif

no, not exclusively you but you and others. anyone that will take the bait.

the windae cleaner

Massive over-reaction on here this morning. Most of you should be ashamed. We got beat. Our first defeat in ages, simple. It happens. Forget about it and move on.

7000 Maximum at Tynecastle for 'our' cup. That is nothing short of a disgrace. These fans that couldn't find the ?25, would have found it for a final. Rangers had the excuse of their game being televised.

Some idiotic 'fans' booed the team at half time. Are they on smack? Far too high an expectation. Saints were organised and very tough to break down. It happens in football. There was no lack of commitment or urgency.

The abuse of Obua after his miss is a joke. I was right behind it, it wasn't that bad, yes he should have scored, but there were 2 defenders and a goalkeeper to beat. He done well to get to the ball.

I can't wait for Tannadice. Please Please let the 'supporters' turn up and cheer the Jambo's on.

A final point. Now i am a ST holder. BUT i don't think that makes me any more of a fan than someone who isn't. On here people are slating people (non ST holders) for staying away, when they cannot attend week in, week out. The only shame that should be felt is by those ST holders who didn't turn up yesterday, that for me, is not a 'real' fan, if there is such a thing. You go when you can by any means. Thats a real fan.

We'll support you ever-more. Get off the teams back you unrealistic twats (in the nicest way possible).

What a lot of P!$h

i travelled all the way down from the highlands (As i do most weeks)

to blame the fans is sheer and utter nonsense

We were murder last night .. end of

if we had played the way we have been and scored im sure the fans would have sung , cheered etc..

my point is regardless of the crowd the team was utter shoite

how can i (as a supporter) have got pumped up and happy cheered,sung and spurned my team on last night when they were murder. St Johnstone werent good or organised ... after 10 mins it was easy too see that it was long ball to kyle time.. so they doubled up on him .. but there was no invention or playmaking on the ground from midfield up ..

St Johnston were poor last night ... the fact that we were worse worried me :huh:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

1 & 2 for me treasurer

juve

I'm skint at this precise moment and didn't have a spare ?25 to go to the game. Before the game I really wanted to go. (Kinda glad I didn't now though.)

Are you honestly telling us you could easily have gone but chose not to as you'd have to sit in a different seat?!

Absolute rubbish !! We are out of the cup because of a shocking performance and lack of desire to win the tie. End of story. :down:

Can I ask a question.

How many of these self righteous erseholes need their own "real fan" thread with the sole purpose of kicking fellow fans in the baws who's crime was, wait for it, being a tad pissed off that we lost in the cup at home to St Johnstone.....yes fecking St Johnstone !!!

I think a massive merge is needed so that I only need to ignore one thread, not the half dozen that already exist.

richardhateshibs

I'm a ST holder and never made it to the game, what does that make me??

Some of us don't live in Edinburgh and work during the week. 7000 is probably about right attendance wise IMO. Shocker of a post to be honest, so ram it

I dont think the OP's comments are quite due, though the attendance was shocking.

I have an ST in the gorgie end though i fancied going to the main for a change, and the gorgie looked pretty full, so i was surprised at the low attendance.

But the whole game was flat, including the game itself, plus the attendance was awful. Im not blaming anyone for not going, but with 10000 or so ST holders, i was expecting a much better crowd. :ermm:

The Mighty Thor

you've got to love this place when we get beat.

Firstly i wasn't there last night. I was in Manchester. If I had been at home i would not have been paying the kind of money to watch that kind of game on a freezing Tuesday night. Simple as that. Whatever that tells the OP about me as a Hearts fan i frankly couldn't give two shits about.

Do i feel that i've contributed to Hearts not being in the next round of the Scottish Cup? :lol:

I'd suggest the team didn't show up last night, not the fans.

Oh dear, why would I care what a 'real fan' is to you?

Better call Saul

Never said this to a fellow Jambo but away and run of a bloody cliff you deluded back end of a donkey :angry: I spend more money than you would ever know on Hearts , I missed the game .........deal with it

Archived