''Fans'' were to blame.

ThomasFlogel

Massive over-reaction on here this morning. Most of you should be ashamed. We got beat. Our first defeat in ages, simple. It happens. Forget about it and move on.

The blame lies with the fans. For these reasons.

7000 Maximum at Tynecastle for 'our' cup. That is nothing short of a disgrace. These fans that couldn't find the ?25, would have found it for a final. Rangers had the excuse of their game being televised.

Some idiotic 'fans' booed the team at half time. Are they on smack? Far too high an expectation. Saints were organised and very tough to break down. It happens in football. There was no lack of commitment or urgency.

The abuse of Obua after his miss is a joke. I was right behind it, it wasn't that bad, yes he should have scored, but there were 2 defenders and a goalkeeper to beat. He done well to get to the ball.

I can't wait for Tannadice. Please Please let the 'supporters' turn up and cheer the Jambo's on.

A final point. Now i am a ST holder. BUT i don't think that makes me any more of a fan than someone who isn't. On here people are slating people (non ST holders) for staying away, when they cannot attend week in, week out. The only shame that should be felt is by those ST holders who didn't turn up yesterday, that for me, is not a 'real' fan, if there is such a thing. You go when you can by any means. Thats a real fan.

We'll support you ever-more. Get off the teams back you unrealistic twats (in the nicest way possible).

The People's Chimp

I have to say there were a fair few muppets around me last night. Thank feck they don't sit there every game. Guy behind me said "This is my second game of the season, since we played st johnstone last time..." Then proceeded to shout abuse all match.

Bawbag.

However the responsibility last night was for the players to go out and perform. End of.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Massive over-reaction on here this morning. Most of you should be ashamed. We got beat. Our first defeat in ages, simple. It happens. Forget about it and move on.

7000 Maximum at Tynecastle for 'our' cup. That is nothing short of a disgrace. These fans that couldn't find the ?25, would have found it for a final. Rangers had the excuse of their game being televised.

Some idiotic 'fans' booed the team at half time. Are they on smack? Far too high an expectation. Saints were organised and very tough to break down. It happens in football. There was no lack of commitment or urgency.

The abuse of Obua after his miss is a joke. I was right behind it, it wasn't that bad, yes he should have scored, but there were 2 defenders and a goalkeeper to beat. He done well to get to the ball.

I can't wait for Tannadice. Please Please let the 'supporters' turn up and cheer the Jambo's on.

A final point. Now i am a ST holder. BUT i don't think that makes me any more of a fan than someone who isn't. On here people are slating people (non ST holders) for staying away, when they cannot attend week in, week out. The only shame that should be felt is by those ST holders who didn't turn up yesterday, that for me, is not a 'real' fan, if there is such a thing. You go when you can by any means. Thats a real fan.

We'll support you ever-more. Get off the teams back you unrealistic twats (in the nicest way possible).

[mod edit]

P.S Your post is a pile of crap. Tuesday night, freezing conditions, game rearanged therefore people already made plans, terrible ticket prices because of a small minded club ect...

That's me told :(

Sorry Thomas but I don't agree. The theme for this game was set by Hearts. Right from the start they treated this game and the opposition with a complete lack of respect and professionalism from the start and that set the tone for what followed. If we then add to that the postponement of the match on Saturday for something that a team of the standing of Hearts should never happen. Think about it perfectly playable pitch match called off for BURST PIPES... laughable. I remember watching the run of 85 we never had a match called off in the severest weather and that greatly help us maintain standards. I beleive that Hearts set the tone and the fans followed their lead.... the outcome we look very foolish now! Only my thought however some will see it from another angle.

P.S Your post is a pile of crap. Tuesday night, freezing conditions, game rearanged therefore people already made plans, terrible ticket prices because of a small minded club ect...

These are factors, yes.

If my post is a pile of crap then :

You think its okay to boo at HT. At 0-0.

You think its okay to turn up to the final but not the journey.

You think its okay to give a player who's trying absoloute pelters. Mr Obua.

You disagree that supporters should cheer on hearts at Tannadice.

You disagree that there isnt an over-reaction on here.

You dont think saints were organised.

VERY ODD.

No excuse I suppose but, with the recent severe weather and all, I'm suffering the worst bout of SAD syndrome that I can

remember. SC day usually has a nice 'tang' about it but I just could not raise any enthusiasm at all for this one :(:ninja:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Think about it perfectly playable pitch match called off for BURST PIPES... laughable.

I'll defend them in that respect by saying that the same happened to Everton and Sheff Wed over Christmas. A stadium without water (or without a reliable water supply) isn't really usuable

wrong tam, why should season ticket holders who didn`t show up feel any "shame". what about the tens of thousands of fans that don`t show up from one season to the next? are they exempt from blame?

this is just one of the glaringly obvious things wrong with your post.

I was going on Sunday but couldn't make it last night. I feel deep shame that my non-attendance has resulted in Hearts losing a cup match. Bad me.

Frankenstein Jambo.

These are factors, yes.

You think its okay to boo at HT. At 0-0. - They paid the money, therefore they have the right to boo.

You think its okay to turn up to the final but not the journey. - Unfortunatly, like every support there are sections which are glory hunters.

You think its okay to give a player who's trying absoloute pelters. Mr Obua. - Obua missed a sitter, he deserved pelter for that miss alone.

You disagree that supporters should cheer on hearts at Tannadice. - I don't disagree with this.

You disagree that there isnt an over-reaction on here. - I have not seen that much of an over-reaction on here.

You dont think saints were organised. - They are pish and we should be beating them at home everytime.

VERY ODD.

Sergio Garcia

I had to work yesterday, one of the busiest days of the years for me as I am Duty Ship Manager and it was SSAS testing day where every vessel in our company in our fleet has to send in a test alert. I pretty worked for 5am to midnight and then was up again at 4am today for the vessels who had forgotten and tried to get it done asap after the due date. I managed to listen to the game on the radio and post on here last night. But until Tynecastle has wi-fi sometimes my work (the place that pays me money which I use to pay for my season ticket and many away games) has to come first.

Sometimes its not black and white, ?25 in the middle of January is hard to come by for some folk.

These are factors, yes.

VERY ODD.

The same Season Ticket holders you are having a go at, probably went to the early round cup games at your age. Unfortunately when people grow up they have responsibilities, a family and a career.

For a lot of people Hearts (or any football club supporter) is a social thing every second weekend to bump the wife and go for a few drinks. Unless Scottish football drastically reduces the prices of the early rounds of cup competitions then the attendances especially the mid week games will be lower.

I like Hearts fans, outside the OF we have the highest attendances and they pretty much sustain even when we do a bit crap. Considering how stale scottish football has become in the last few years it's quite an acheivement especially when you compare us against other non-OF teams.

Rangers only got circa 12,000 against Kilmarnock. This isn't a "Hearts fan" thing, it is an issue within our game.

Apologies for having to work both the original and rearranged dates.

I also won't be at Tannadice. Should I give up supporting the team yet?

Nothing to do with the fans, either the ones who went to the game or the ones who stayed away. More to do with the idiot who could not reach agreement with St J and decided to punish Hearts supporters by closing the Wheatfield. The fact that we had problems with the plumbing for four weeks before last Saturday but could not get a company to do the work because of our reputation for not paying contractors promptly, didn't help either. The players were s*ite on the night as well, so don't blame the fans.

The prices, post xmas/new year were outrageous.

People have budgets.

Shocking OP.

During the turgid shit of the last few years we have been selling over 10 000 season tickets. The fans have done really well to show patience during what has been a turbulent 5 years.

Hearts fans are outstanding. Take a look at the attendances of some of the other 'bigger' clubs in Scotland. They're all shameful.

The same Season Ticket holders you are having a go at, probably went to the early round cup games at your age. Unfortunately when people grow up they have responsibilities, a family and a career.

For a lot of people Hearts (or any football club supporter) is a social thing every second weekend to bump the wife and go for a few drinks. Unless Scottish football drastically reduces the prices of the early rounds of cup competitions then the attendances especially the mid week games will be lower.

I like Hearts fans, outside the OF we have the highest attendances and they pretty much sustain even when we do a bit crap. Considering how stale scottish football has become in the last few years it's quite an acheivement especially when you compare us against other non-OF teams.

Rangers only got circa 12,000 against Kilmarnock. This isn't a "Hearts fan" thing, it is an issue within our game.

Drat! i knew i forgot to do something. get a family and a career, that was it. put it in my diary now scott. thanks very much. :D

Sergio Garcia

Apologies for having to work both the original and rearranged dates.

I also won't be at Tannadice. Should I give up supporting the team yet?

I cant make Tannadice either, seems we are out on our ear as a result. Better hand in my season ticket then, im clearly not worthy

Weird.

The replies flood in to his controversial OP attacking fellow fans and "TF" stops replying/posting. rolleyes.gif

Familiar.

I agree with elements of what you say - in particular I do think more folk could have made the effort to follow the team last night. As you say, in particular there are many folk who couldn't be bothered last night - but would suddenly become bothered if we got to the final.

There is little doubt that the lack of atmosphere was a significant factor in the performance and defeat.

Having said that, having witnessed more cup defeats to teams that we should be beating than I care to remember - in term's of performance, last night goes straight into my top 5. To describe the performance as pathetic would be kind - and no matter how well the team have done recently, there is no excuse for what we witnessed last night. Many players gave the impression that they thought they just had to turn up to win.

It is not the end of the world - but being out of the cup at the first hurdle (again) really hurts.

Finally, I agree that we should move on and get right behind the team at Tannadice - however last night's performance should not be forgotten - and the players should be forced to watch a video of last night's game a few hours before we get our SC campagin underway next year.

been goin to games since 82 an i,ve seen far worse performances than last night,i,ve seen low crowds,players getn booed on a regular basis if things aren,t goin well and even said over the years that "i,m no goin back"...but still a season ticket holder wi my boy and the over reaction to one game after the season we,ve had so far makes me think that some folk should take a look into the not so distant past and realise were onto a good thing and last night was just a bad day at the office :thumbsup:

The Treasurer

Get a grip folks !!!

No-one is having a go at those who weren't there last night (or at any other match)due to legitimate reasons (i.e. work, family, location etc).

Any criticism is (rightly) directed at those who were able to go and chose not to because they either :

1. couldn't be arsed

2. couldn't sit in their own wee seat

or any similar pathetic excuse.

Get a grip folks !!!

No-one is having a go at those who weren't there last night (or at any other match)due to legitimate reasons (i.e. work, family, location etc).

Any criticism is (rightly) directed at those who were able to go and chose not to because they either :

1. couldn't be arsed

2. couldn't sit in their own wee seat

or any similar pathetic excuse.

i was there last night but who are you to criticise anybody for not going last night?

if people couldn`t be arsed going that`s up to them. blaming punters not going for the poor result is pathetic.

Generic Username

Even if this goons not Prancer, he's certainly worthy of the title of "Prancer's Love Child".

What a massive pile of bobbins this thread is.

Miller Jambo 60

These are factors, yes.

VERY ODD.

Obua is a poor excuse for a football player, and i never booed, yes i was frozen, highlight was my 2 pints of cider in Robbos.

i was there last night but who are you to criticise anybody for not going last night?

if people couldn`t be arsed going that`s up to them. blaming punters not going for the poor result is pathetic.

Correct.

All we ever hear is how bad Scottish football is, how poor the quality is, how expensive it is, how boring and repetitive it is, how inconvenient the kick-off times are etc etc etc and yet some folk are surprised when people vote with their feet and say "nah, I don't fancy it"

The two things aren't unconnected!

[mod edit]

The players on the park are responsible. Case closed.

rab obanheartsno1

well i was down last night only because me and my son had bought tickets for the game on sunday otherwise i wouldn't of made the trip. As for this season cant make alot of away matches as my son who usually pays for the tickets and petrol as aye drive got paid off a couple of months before the year and we simply cant afford it,that doesn't make me support the team any less.still make every home game and have done for countless of years.last night was just a bad day at the office and maybe thats the best thing that could of happened just like the killie game,mon the jt's

Miller Jambo 60

[mod edit]

The players on the park are responsible. Case closed.

Correct mate im 50 and would have put more effort in last nightwoot.gif

Mind you i have passion, and hate losing.

Wholeheartedly agree. The amount of muppets sitting around me last night was unreal.

These are factors, yes.

VERY ODD.

Tam, you are in denial. Can`t you face the fact Hearts were rubbish just because we`ve been on this good run and playing well?

I don`t know what you were watching but when almost the ENTIRE team were out of sorts i don`t know how you can say it was anyone elses fault?

You get games where 4 or5 might be off key and you can maybe see it through or still play half decent, but its not just a case of "move on"....you can`t expect the fans , less than 24 hours after the shambles, to be upbeat.

Defeat should hurt and hurt for a while, especially after a performance and bad result in a tournament we should be bursting at the seams to progress in.

I hope the players are feeling it today. I don`t care whether it was Hampden in front of 50k(which might seem more reason to be down in that scenario) or Tynie in front of 7 and only in the 4th round, i fackin hate losing to pash like StJohnstone when we`ve not acquitted ourselves properly.

Weird.

The replies flood in to his controversial OP attacking fellow fans and "TF" stops replying/posting. rolleyes.gif

Familiar.

Was on lunch at work.

Half Season ticket??? :lol: Strange that you decided to get one when we are 6 points of the top of the league.

I was not at the game last night, got let go from work so couldn't afford it.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Couple of points to note, happen to know Prancer and can assure you that is not him as he was not at the game last night.

Also as for him always having a go at the youngsters he also happened to go to a lot of the youth games so I guess that was his prerogative just as everyone on here having a go at Obua last night is more than entitled to do so.

Back on topic I was there last night and the atmosphere was shocking, I do understand people have other commitments and it was rescheduled at short notice, so if you could not make it fair enough. For me the blame goes in this order. The team for their woeful performance, JJ for not making changed soon enough, some of the fans, hearts for shutting the wheatfield.

A personal anecdote a boy sitting near me when Calum came on immediately started shouting abuse at him, now with the atmosphere there there is a very good chance Calum could indeed hear him. Whilst a professional footballer shouldn't be taking anything like that to heart it is a bit harsh to give the guy dogs abuse before he has kicked a ball. Also as for Calum he was no worse than anyone else on that park last night.

In reply to OP I personally didn't hear nay booing at half time, if that is indeed the case it is ridiculous and the people should be ashamed of themselves.

With all the booing I heard on the radio a bet the player wished no one turned up! :down:

Half Season ticket??? :lol: Strange that you decided to get one when we are 6 points of the top of the league.

I was not at the game last night, got let go from work so couldn't afford it.

:what:

Im a full season ticket holder you strange man. Have been since i was 4.

With all the booing I heard on the radio a bet the player wished no one turned up! :down:

Blaming the fans who did turn up would make an interesting twist to this ridiculous thread :D:thumbsup:

Well, there's one way to get yourself a busy thread and a shot in the JKB spotlight. Very provocative OP, but then I guess you probably already knew that....

And you're so off the mark it's unbelievable. Aside from all the reasons given already by previous responses to your nonsense, it's really just as well that more fans weren't there and didn't have to sit through that pile of rubbish which only vaguely resembled a football game. I couldn't give two hoots whether or not there was 1000 or 10,000 fans present - those players are paid to play football and they failed to do that last night. The suggestion that it's acceptable for them to have attendance-performance criteria is absolutely ludicrous.

People had their reasons for not going last night and given the pricing structure and the fact that most people are seriously skint in January, it's more impressive that we got as many there as we did. You only have to look at the poor turn out from the St Johnstone fans to see what their thinking was going into the pricing negotiations with the approach that they did. Fact is that as long as even ONE supporter turned up last night, those overpaid jessies should have performed. They just didn't do their jobs last night, it's really quite straightforward.

ask the mods. signed up on same day as 'hmfcdaz'.

look at the thread, some guy knows your prancer mate.

You have a sad pathetic life researching this. You have no idea how much time your wasting.

I know the exact type of 'Hearts fan' you are.

Changing your story eh?

The fans aren't to blame for a poor performance, the players are. And the only over-reaction I've seen today is this steaming pile of shite that is your thread.

[mod edit]

''Hearts players are now overpaid jessies?'' Get a grip!! Some of you on here are off your ****kkkking heads.

Blaming the fans who did turn up would make an interesting twist to this ridiculous thread :D:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Personally I think you should all be ashamed of yourself. Booing the team after all the effort they've put in the last 10 weeks. :down:

Hat Kickers GTF.

• Moderators

Off-topic posts have been removed. Stay on topic and stay civil or warning level increases will be handed out.

Generic Username

''Hearts players are now overpaid jessies?'' Get a grip!! Some of you on here are off your ****kkkking heads.

That's not even a real word.

It's one thing to come on here with a waifer thin OP and try to put the boot in to the support but now you're making up words? I simply won't have it you wazzmungrelsock.

Off-topic posts have been removed. Stay on topic and stay civil or warning level increases will be handed out.

My post was on-topic :angry:

You post during your working hours, then leave the board to go to lunch?

:blink:

yes, went out for lunch.

Changing your story eh?

The fans aren't to blame for a poor performance, the players are. And the only over-reaction I've seen today is this steaming pile of shite that is your thread.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Miller Jambo 60

Cool Mod 7 , i still cant believe how some posters are not hurting today.

I certainly am.

Doug.

The players ultimately didn't play well enough but I do think the atmosphere was rank rotten and didn't help the team. We are meant to work together to get the best for Hearts and I didn't feel the fans did that last night. In fact quite often the majority of the stadium other than G and N don't contribute much to the atmosphere at all. The culture seems to be to criticise rather than support for a lot of fans. When Obua and Elliot came on last night I heard fans telling them to GTF, and this is before a ball is even kicked. Everyone is entitled to do what they want, but all I am saying is that if we "supported" the team more when they needed us (i.e. when playing bad) we may turn defeats into draws, and draws into wins. We can be the extra man.

Archived