Truly horrific

DB-14

Hopefully this is a minor blip but there was not one player in maroon deserving of pass marks. Stevenson looked particularly poor alongside Novi and Eggert. Onwards and upwards though.

Well done to those of us who stayed til the end of that gash.

I'd agree with you there looked clueless at times. Every department of the Hearts team looked disjointed.

Ryan Stevenson is not good enough to play for Hearts and never will be. Get rid.

Totally disagree one of our only decent performers IMO.

Whole team was rubbish tonight... I stayed to the end does that make me a better fan than the one's who didnt :thumbsup:

Just back from the game, I can't think of anyone who would get pass marks!!

1. Defence doesn't look as comfortable without Kello in goal

2. Too many unforced errors in defence (see above)

3. Midfield lacking ideas, no Skacel

4. Kyle being used for the long ball doesn't work...out wide and dangerous crosses does

5. Obua, C.Elliot...bring nothing to the table

5. The strength in depth was tested tonight and not to it's fullest, we do need more quality backup as good as we have in the 1st 11

Anyone I have not specifically mentioned by name above was equally to blame tonight, just my main observations!

Broxburn_Jambo

Not sure what game you were watching. Would be interested to know what you thought Ryan "second touch is a header" Stevenson did well?

Novi and Ruben are the 2 to get pass marks they at least tried to make things happen. Black and Stevenson were shocking. Black had to be fetched out of Morris back pocket to be subbed and Stevenson was still in the Ayr end at Fester Road.

JJ got it wrong by playing Black , Stevenson and Mroweic in the middle of the park, Mroweic does that job well, Skacel will replace Stevenson and hopefully we will get someone in to play Blacks role better.

Oh how we missed Skacel tonight.

I agree with your ruben commet but not Novi, thought he lost the ball a lot and seem to make the wrong decision several times, I couldn't understand how we brought on a match winner in temps and decided not to give him the ball. Really disappointed.

Drylaw Hearts

We were utter garbage and thoroughly deserved to be out the cup.

The biggest disappointment was the players just didn't look that up for it.

Another game goes by that has convinced me we need a proper Right Back.

Konrad von Carstein

Just back....awful...truly awful!

St J had a gameplan and it worked for them, we however were cluelesswith no guile or creativity...the goal was coming for a while.

Only positive is that if any of the team were begining to believe the hype surrounding them then tonight should be a kick in the knackers that refocusses them.

Not looking forward to going in to work tomorrow :verymad:

Novi and Ruben are the 2 to get pass marks they at least tried to make things happen. Black and Stevenson were shocking. Black had to be fetched out of Morris back pocket to be subbed and Stevenson was still in the Ayr end at Fester Road.

JJ got it wrong by playing Black , Stevenson and Mroweic in the middle of the park, Mroweic does that job well, Skacel will replace Stevenson and hopefully we will get someone in to play Blacks role better.

Oh how we missed Skacel tonight.

Think you're being harsh on Black, but otherwise I'd agree with your assessment. I sincerely hope Stevenson will be donating his wages to charity. I expended more energy climbing to row 27 of the Gorgie than he did the whole evening.

I said I wasn't going to go mental and lose my sense of perspective if we lost tonight. But I will say one thing. This club - from top to bottom - needs to sort out its attitude to Cup competitions.

Miller Jambo 60

Hopefully this is a minor blip but there was not one player in maroon deserving of pass marks. Stevenson looked particularly poor alongside Novi and Eggert. Onwards and upwards though.

Well done to those of us who stayed til the end of that gash.

I missed their goal, shame ehlaugh.gif im raging, money for nothing wi that lotdown.gif

A reality check for Hearts tbh.

We laugh at Hibs cup record but ours is pretty dire - loses to Dunfermline, Falkirk and St Johnstone in the last 4 years.

We need 3rd for Europe now.

We were utter garbage and thoroughly deserved to be out the cup.

The biggest disappointment was the players just didn't look that up for it.

Another game goes by that has convinced me we need a proper Right Back.

People can talk up Eggert all they want on here but for me he just doesn't cut it.

Anywhere.

Which is a shame because he seems a good bloke.

Decent cover player I suppose but that's about as far as his talents extend to imo.

Gordon Ramsay

Think you're being harsh on Black, but otherwise I'd agree with your assessment. I sincerely hope Stevenson will be donating his wages to charity. I expended more energy climbing to row 27 of the Gorgie than he did the whole evening.

I said I wasn't going to go mental and lose my sense of perspective if we lost tonight. But I will say one thing. This club - from top to bottom - needs to sort out its attitude to Cup competitions.

This! The players need to realise the cups are our only realistic chance of silverware. Stop getting knocked out by shite!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Exactly.

It's where serious money can be made alone.

Seen enough of this type of thing for 35 years now but it still stings like a bitch.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Ryan Stevenson is not good enough to play for Hearts and never will be. Get rid.

Utter, utter shite. He had a bad game the night but he's performed consistently well when he's been in the team and that's without getting a run of games.

Just shows you what an empty stand can do!

Lost our 12th man

No Rudi...

No excuses. St. J had their game plan and it worked.

Disappointing to be out the cup but Im at least thankful it hasn't cost us in the league. Get back on the horse and beat Dundee Utd.

Looking forward, not back.

Utter, utter shite. He had a bad game the night but he's performed consistently well when he's been in the team and that's without getting a run of games.

Yup, you got that spot on JM.

Jam Tarts 1874

I said after the poor performance in the ICT game that any side that has the likes of Obua and C. Elliot around were close to being a poor team, I was right.

We haven't been playing well in these last 4 games now, but tonight proved how weak the squad is when JJ's only options up front appeared to be Obua and C. Elliot.

One effort on target tonight was unacceptable, I hope JJ was kicking a few football boots around the dressing room. What a wasted opportunity.

What bothered me is how so many were off key on the same night. Really, there was no shape or proper focus on our passing and moving.

Maybe because what we`ve saw recently we come expect alot better, but that was a million miles from what we`ve been producing not just a wee glitch.

I said after the poor performance in the ICT game that any side that has the likes of Obua and C. Elliot around were close to being a poor team, I was right.

We haven't been playing well in these last 4 games now, but tonight proved how weak the squad is when JJ's only options up front appeared to be Obua and C. Elliot.

One effort on target tonight was unacceptable, I hope JJ was kicking a few football boots around the dressing room. What a wasted opportunity.

poor v ICT? don`t think so.

Valentine Jambo

Really? Thought he had a shocker myself. Only ones who earned their wages tonight (JUST) were Eggert, Mrowiec & Steven Elliot IMO.

Edited to say I was one of the many who stayed til the end too. Glutton for punishment.

Drylaw Hearts

Really? Thought he had a shocker myself. Only ones who earned their wages tonight (JUST) were Eggert, Mrowiec & Steven Elliot IMO.

Eggert was horrendous.

Maybe even worse than that.

Interesting that the loss of only one player (Skacel) turns a decent side and a form side which has been lucky at times into an utter bunch of shitemeisters who were utterly devoid of ideas and any goal threat... St Johnstone were in control in a game they should have been struggling to keep up with.

That team, our team showed itself up for what it is... Weak, and reliant on one or two key players.

Not good enough by a long shot.

Edited to say I was one of the many who stayed til the end too. Glutton for punishment.

Eggert? Really? Mrowiec had a terrible match and was well off the pace, Elliot probably just makes it. (all my own opinion of course)

Jonsson really needs to learn to see things quicker when on the ball and his passing is woeful at times, as it was tonight. Good tackler and fights but his focus is poor on ocassion.

Exactly.

It's where serious money can be made alone.

Seen enough of this type of thing for 35 years now but it still stings like a bitch.

Sorry, Freewheelin - not sure someone who was urging Hearts fans not to renew season tickets can start banging the Hearts are losing out on money drum.

Just an observation.

Christ.

That must be the worst opening gambit to an "I told you so" ever.

Miller Jambo 60

sorry bud big wrong, the lad is ok, look at black tonight.

never off his aerse

Broxburn_Jambo

Rubbish, first division player at best. Were you there tonight?

Sorry, Freewheelin - not sure someone who was urging Hearts fans not to renew season tickets can start banging the Hearts are losing out on money drum.

Just an observation.

pacquiao-knockout-punch-vs-hatton-522009.jpg

Valentine Jambo

Eggert was horrendous.

Maybe even worse than that.

He's been crap for a while now.

Maybe he just looked better tonight being further away from the pitch sat the Gorgie stand.

Ha ha, there's a shock.

Just to be clear Broxburn (I never realised you were still a fan of me :thumbsup:) did you notice me emboldening the first few words of his post?

Nah, you didn't, did you.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Rubbish, first division player at best. Were you there tonight?

Aye, and he was ganting, but he's capable of much better.

Broxburn_Jambo

Just to be clear Broxburn (I never realised you were still a fan of me :thumbsup:) did you notice me emboldening the first few words of his post?

Nah, you didn't, did you.

Don't worry I'm not a fan of you. I did notice that but if I posted that Broxburn was in West Lothian you would still disagree.

Gordon Ramsay

Aye, and he was ganting, but he's capable of much better.

The man is capable of munching kebabs and getting crap tattoos. He is not capable of being a footballer in the SPL let alone for Hearts.

The Old Tolbooth

I hope we can put to bed the utter myth that Novikovas is a decent player now, he was truly horrific tonight and has absolutely nothing to his game, I know he put in two decent crosses against Hibs, but then again anyone can look good against that lot!

Eggert shouldn't escape criticism either as he's been utter mince for ages now, and Bouzid had an absolute howler for the goal and is a complete bombscare, along with Ruben who was complete gash!

I think the players are starting to believe in the hype and think they're some kind of superstars or something, hopefully this will be the kick up the arse that they need to bring them back down to earth, but one thing's for sure, anyone thinking we don't need to add faces to that side to challenge for the title is deluded, because without Skacel we're pretty much nothing.

I hope we can put to bed the utter myth that Novikovas is a decent player now, he was truly horrific tonight and has absolutely nothing to his game, I know he put in two decent crosses against Hibs, but then again anyone can look good against that lot!

Eggert shouldn't escape criticism either as he's been utter mince for ages now, and Bouzid had an absolute howler for the goal and is a complete bombscare, along with Ruben who was complete gash!

I think the players are starting to believe in then hype and think they're some kind of superstars or something, hopefully this will be the kick up the arse that they need to bring them back down to earth, but one thing's for sure, anyone thinking we don't need to add faces to that side to challenge for the title is deluded, because without Skacel we're pretty much nothing.

John, Noooooooo.

sad.gif

He's a very average player.

I'd like to see Scott Robinson take Stevenson's place in the squad.

He would have noised up Jody Morris and stopped him running the game.

Don't worry I'm not a fan of you. I did notice that but if I posted that Broxburn was in West Lothian you would still disagree.

Aw shucks, stop denying it, I know you are sweet on me.:teehee:

It's a pity you missed me agreeing with something you said, as that kinda debunks your second bit. However, onto your second bit, I see what you were trying to do, but anybody that knows me would know that I would disagree with that. West Lothian is a false name for your 'hood. You are from the Glasgow overspill. :)

I think the players are starting to believe in the hype and think they're some kind of superstars or something, hopefully this will be the kick up the arse that they need to bring them back down to earth, but one thing's for sure, anyone thinking we don't need to add faces to that side to challenge for the title is deluded, because without Skacel we're pretty much nothing.

Blimey.

:rofl:

I think the players are starting to believe in then hype and think they're some kind of superstars or something, hopefully this will be the kick up the arse that they need to bring them back down to earth, but one thing's for sure, anyone thinking we don't need to add faces to that side to challenge for the title is deluded, because without Skacel we're pretty much nothing.

Disagree about Ruben JM. Thought he was one of the few, maybe even the only one, who tried to get it down and pass. He suffered at times because there was no movement or showing for the ball.

Novikovas is an impact player and i don`t think is a starter. Chicken hearted. Bouzid has been solid but tonight i thought he looked uneasy from start to finish and was becoming irritating with his constant long punts.

Jonsson isn`t improving. I really thought he would develop into an authoritive player but the current evidence doesn`t suggest it. He`s like any other, can have his good/great games on ocassion.

Interesting that the loss of only one player (Skacel) turns a decent side and a form side which has been lucky at times into an utter bunch of shitemeisters who were utterly devoid of ideas and any goal threat... St Johnstone were in control in a game they should have been struggling to keep up with.

That team, our team showed itself up for what it is... Weak, and reliant on one or two key players.

Not good enough by a long shot.

Good post mate, it pains me but I have to agree. The midfield is clueless without skacel, and we were exposed tonight. St Johnstone stiffled the midfield and dragged the game down to their level and we struggled for any coherence.

Why we persisted with hopeless punts forward is beyond me.

Poor John.

Imagine supporting two absolutely gash sides.

:seething:

Oh John, another good man down :facepalm:

John,

You gave me a row on NYD for pointing out your errors on Kickback, I will stop when you stop posting guff like this! :rofl:

I agree that novikovas was shocking tonight.

Having said that, he reminded me of templeton 12 months ago - wrong decision, getting tackled in our half all the time, too lightweight, poor passing. His confidence went after about 30 mins and they should have hooked him.

I can only hope that jim and Billy can transform him the way the did temps.

We badly miss rudi's quality and calm assurance on the ball in the midfield.

Archived