'Hearts - Go For Europe'

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Anyone have or remember this club-released VHS video highlighting season 1991/92?

Lots of great action from an intersting season what is now nearly TWENTY YEARS AGO.

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Hearts 3 Celtic 1

Hearts 3 Mothers 1

Saints 0 Hearts 5

Celtic 1 Hearts 2

Hibs 1 Hearts 2

etc etc

What with p0ab2's great 80s/90s collection and George Cowie's recent uploading of Back from the Brink, I think this video is worth a look at again.

Go For Europe was only the second video I can remember after Back from the Brink, but then there was a few out.

There was the 1992 John Robertson Story, and another Robbo vid in '97 - the latter much better than the first.

There was also a history video, narrated by Bob Crampsey out in 1992, and another a few years later again ('98?). Both excellent.

Rememeber the shoddy production of the Slavia Prague game, with one camera, no replays and some terrible faux-surprise from Archie McPherson?

If you have any of these, can you get then up onto You Tube?

heart-of-midlothian-scott-crabbe-official-players-collection-panini-92-football-trading-card-5742-p.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Of course another two Hearts 90s videos were 'Young Hearts' or something, the story of 97/98 season.

...and 'Hearts Cup Glory' - which was gash. Who wants to see 10 mins of the Clydebank game and hardly anything of the cup-winning celebrations?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Anyone have or remember this club-released VHS video highlighting season 1991/92?

Lots of great action from an intersting season what is now nearly TWENTY YEARS AGO.

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Hearts 3 Celtic 1

Hearts 3 Mothers 1

Saints 0 Hearts 5

Celtic 1 Hearts 2

Hibs 1 Hearts 2

etc etc

What with p0ab2's great 80s/90s collection and George Cowie's recent uploading of Back from the Brink, I think this video is worth a look at again.

Go For Europe was only the second video I can remember after Back from the Brink, but then there was a few out.

There was the 1992 John Robertson Story, and another Robbo vid in '97 - the latter much better than the first.

There was also a history video, narrated by Bob Crampsey out in 1992, and another a few years later again ('98?). Both excellent.

Rememeber the shoddy production of the Slavia Prague game, with one camera, no replays and some terrible faux-surprise from Archie McPherson?

heart-of-midlothian-scott-crabbe-official-players-collection-panini-92-football-trading-card-5742-p.jpg

Sounds great, would love to see that... the Bob Crampsey one sounds even better though... the oldest one I have is "Hearts The Celebration" which features an interview with Crampsey but is narrated by Dougie Donnelly instead... No substitute as far as narrator goes but the video itself is pretty good.

Buffalo Bill

Sounds great, would love to see that... the Bob Crampsey one sounds even better though... the oldest one I have is "Hearts The Celebration" which features an interview with Crampsey but is narrated by Dougie Donnelly instead... No substitute as far as narrator goes but the video itself is pretty good.

That's it, 'The Celebration'. For my money, it was a wee bit better than the Crampsey one, but you got the impression old Bob had a soft spot for us.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's it, 'The Celebration'. For my money, it was a wee bit better than the Crampsey one, but you got the impression old Bob had a soft spot for us.

I have it on VHS, it is put together really well and has interviews with Crampsey, Gary McKay, Alfie Conn, Crabbe and Robertson among others and it is pretty well made. There is a real sense of romance in the way the story is told as though it was put together by someone who feels what we feel, the work of a true fan it feels like.

One ironic part is Pieman sitting there in front of the camera and stating that after doing the catering for a few years inside tynecastle he did not like the way he saw the club being run and like any other fan feklt he could do better... :ermm:

The best part is right at the end where wee Robbo states something along the lines of...

"Some people think t5hat hearts have got a lot to thank me for, I say it's the other way about, hearts were the club that gave me the platform to play football for so many years and they are the club that i will always be assosiated with... i would not want it any other way... "

(80's Hearts song fding in as he speaks from around "... Hearts are the club... ")

:thumbsup:

From Crampsey's contribution on The Celebration, you get a sense of his respect for us... This is not something that you feel from many quarters nowadays in his field... that is a shame.

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Hearts 3 Celtic 1

Hearts 3 Mothers 1

Saints 0 Hearts 5

Celtic 1 Hearts 2

Hibs 1 Hearts 2

etc etc

Mate, I've got all of these and more on VHS including the Bob Crampsey one which is called "The History of Heart of Midlothian FC".

Problem is I wouldnt have the faintest idea how to get them on to Youtube.

GC

Buffalo Bill

Mate, I've got all of these and more on VHS including the Bob Crampsey one which is called "The History of Heart of Midlothian FC".

Problem is I wouldnt have the faintest idea how to get them on to Youtube.

GC

I don't have a VHS player anymore so I gave all mine away.

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Hearts 3 Celtic 1

Hearts 3 Mothers 1

Saints 0 Hearts 5

Celtic 1 Hearts 2

Hibs 1 Hearts 2

etc etc

i have everyone of these on VHS in my attic but a couple of years ago transferred them all to DVD, good copies but only VHS quality obviously, ive no idea how to upload dvds that long onto youtube, i think its about time Hearts brought out another Historical DVD co-inciding with our 125th Tynecastle anniversary in 2011heart-of-midlothian-scott-crabbe-official-players-collection-panini-92-football-trading-card-5742-p.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't have a VHS player anymore so I gave all mine away.

I think 'The Celebration' is available on DVD nowadays, I think my mate has it. :thumbsup:

I would ask in the shop, I think I saw it there a few years ago and I bet they have old copies somewhere still.

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Hearts 3 Celtic 1

Hearts 3 Mothers 1

Saints 0 Hearts 5

Celtic 1 Hearts 2

Hibs 1 Hearts 2

etc etc

Hi - I have all of what you have listed above (I also had Back From The Brink).

My intention hasn't been to upload whole videos but if there are certain parts you are after I could do that.

From 1991/92 I've already uploaded some of the games you have listed such as:

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Hearts 3 Celtic 1

Saints 0 Hearts 5

Celtic 1 Hearts 2

The others can be uploaded too as these are ones I have copied over.

My intention hasn't been to upload whole videos but if there are certain parts you are after I could do that.

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Hearts 3 Celtic 1

Saints 0 Hearts 5

Celtic 1 Hearts 2

I also have the brief report of the Slavia Prague game but you are right about Archie. His commentary (particularly for our 4th goal) is embarrassing.

I have all of these videos. Go for Europe was a *******isation of Hearts go for the title.

A great season mainly. I liked the 3 1 Celtic game. Went mental at that game. I'm sure that was also the season we beat Celtic 2 1 at a deserted parkhead.

The slavia Prague video easy still worth getting. mental scenes at snodins goal.

I still own that top. Proper maroon with the badge silhouetted in it. Superb :thumbsup:

It as a nice top but I would say it was veering towards purple, when compared to the deep-maroon kit of the mid-70s.

Hearts 1 Rangers 0

Hearts 3 Celtic 1

Saints 0 Hearts 5

Celtic 1 Hearts 2

I have enjoyed watching these as they come out p0ab2.

I also have the brief report of the Slavia Prague game but you are right about Archie. His commentary (particularly for our 4th goal) is embarrassing.

Recorded on his own, in a cupboard, miles from the ground, a week after the gaem, probably drunk, and certainly not paying attention!

Any of you lads interested in swapping some dvd games of Hearts matches. I have most of the games mentioned but am always looking to expand my collection.

91-92 was my first season coming to Tynecastle. Would love to see the first goal I ever witnesses again (Alan McLaren v Dunfermline, September 91).

I have Hearts The Celebration on DVD BB.

I could be wrong Borthers, but I don't recall the McLaren goal being on the tape.

I remember the game though, Hearts, and Scott Crabbe in particular just couldn't make the breakthrough until that late-ish strike at the School End.

I have a DVD/ VHS combo, and the other day I copied Hearts Cup Glory onto DVD with the intent of getting it onto the internet.

The only thing is, when I put it into my PC (or any other DVD player for that matter) it doesn't find anything on the disc.

I have played it back on the DVD player that I recorded it on, and it has definitely copied.

Got to get these on DVD before they are lost forever.

I have the following videos converted to DVD:

Willie Bauld - King of Hearts' - A Tribute

Hearts! Hearts! Glorious Hearts! - 97/98 A season to remember

John Robertson - Ace of Hearts

The John Robertson Story

Hearts Cup Glory

The History of Heart of Midlothian FC

Slavia Prague Game

Hearts Go For Europe - 91/92

Back From The Brink

Hearts of Gold - 95/96

The Jim Jefferies Story

Would be happy to fire any up on to youtube, however my account is restricted at 15 mins per video, so they would have to be split over various parts.

No longer active

I think my favourite Hearts match ever was not even a win. But it felt like.

2 mins to go 2-0 down to Rangers. Us shooting at the School end. Final score 2-2. Brilliant

11 Feb 1984. Even Archie on Sportscene that night said there must be a couple of thousand who missed the goals 'cos they left early.

Its on this video at 24.14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG8io2lInx4

Magic

Have all them on VHS but don't have a player to play 'em!

I loved the 91-02 season and what a goal by Crabbe against Goram.

The 2-1 at Parkhead was brilliant with Crabbe again and his banana goal :-)

Archived