alan maybury

jambretta

Pluto is the last planet in our solar system . . . . don't know any more than that.[ATTACH]32[/ATTACH]

Has Pluto not been down graded and replaced by another?

It would be an excellent signing and he still has another few years however Id imagine levein would be in for him in a snap especially given their left back is leaving at the end of the season

Furthermore I dont think maybs was over impressed with romanov and jumped at the first chance he got so why would he come back

Pluto is the last planet in our solar system . . . . don't know any more than that.[ATTACH]32[/ATTACH]

Pluto is not a planet anymore. De-classified last year to a 'dwarf planet'. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060824-pluto-planet.html

That means you know nothing.

Sorry, no offence intended, just couldn't resist.

Furthermore I dont think maybs was over impressed with romanov and jumped at the first chance he got so why would he come back

Maybury never left because of Romanov. He buggered off to Leicester with Levien because he was paid more and had the carrot of a possible Premiership place to aim for. Of course that didn't quite work out.

I liked Maybury a lot and if he was to recapture the kind of form when he played at right back for the JTs, then I'd have him back in a heart beat.

It would be an excellent signing and he still has another few years however Id imagine levein would be in for him in a snap especially given their left back is leaving at the end of the season

He left before Romanov took over to go with his mentor to Leicester.

What's the rationalle behind the 'not impressed with Romanov' remark ? Or isn't there any, as per usual ?

He left before Romanov took over to go with his mentor to Leicester.

What's the rationalle behind the 'not impressed with Romanov' remark ? Or isn't there any, as per usual ?

By that time it was clear romanov was pulling the strings

He could have waited a few months and got a neilson/mccallister contract instead left

It was made clear at the time that levein wasnt too keen on romanovs plans and it sounded like to me that this at least played a factor in maybury and de vries going - obviously money was also a factor

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Remember, Maybury was played mostly on the left to accomodate Neilson.

When Irish Alan played at right back he was far superior to anything we have had recently.

If we got him back to play at his best position, Robbie would at last be finally emptied and good riddance.

Would play Maybury ahead of Neilson any day, so would welcome him re-signing for us. If Levein was interested, would he not have him up in Dundee training with the terrors so he could run the rule over him?

Pluto is not a planet anymore. De-classified last year to a 'dwarf planet'. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060824-pluto-planet.html

That means you know nothing.

Sorry, no offence intended, just couldn't resist.

Bah Humbug . . . What do astronomers know ? :rolleyes:

It was always a planet when I was a laddie.

I'm away to phone Patrick Moore, he'll sort this out. :mad:

He could have waited a few months and got a neilson/mccallister contract instead left

It was made clear at the time that levein wasnt too keen on romanovs plans and it sounded like to me that this at least played a factor in maybury and de vries going - obviously money was also a factor

Nonsense. Levien was in the process of leaving just as Romanov arrived. The first thing he did was come back in for Maybury etc.

Romanov's not to blame for everything you know. Pretty sure he wasn't in Dallas in November 1963 and I'd guess he's got a pretty decent alibi for the day Manhattan crumbled.

Levein has always stated that it was personal reasons that made him leave. He's always been very clear that it had nothing to do with Romanov.

I suppose its just your style to speculate in a negative manner rather than just think that Maybury's decision was more to do with the chance of playing in a better league, earning more money and staying with a manager who obviously rates him, like the rest of us.

Unless you actually know AM or CL and they've told you this ?

CornhillHearts

Prancer not checking his facts again D Utd have just signed a left back. Maybury nowt to do with Romanov.

He only knows Godsa.

Levien leaving had nothing to do with Romanov....

I think he would return if the package and was right and the promises were made.

He was splitting up with his mrs after chasing muff and wanted out, Leicester offered him decent money and he was off. Like so many managers before him he tried to take players he knew and failed (JJ Bradford and soon to be Mcleish)

Liked him first time round but would be reluctant to have him back. The old saying of never go back applies here. Look at Neil McCann!!!

Liked him first time round but would be reluctant to have him back. The old saying of never go back applies here. Look at Neil McCann!!!

Look at John Robertson!

Maybury is a lot younger though - he should be around about his peak now. I'd take him back and see how it works out. He would be a reasonably cheap option and he is captain material.

I know there are always exceptions to the rule like Robbo and JC, but to be honest Maybury is not in their class. To be honest I never rated him that highly anyway, he was a hot head and a clumsy tackler. On the plus side he couold play on either side of defence and he always gave 100%. I would not hate to see him back but I am cautious.

Has Pluto not been down graded and replaced by another?

It's been replaced by URANUS

;)

(actually, Neptune is the last planet now, but not as childish so,.... )

Wow.... just googled Maybury and cant believe he's only 29, changes my opinion on this one.

Id take de vries too

Hes only 32/33

Would do a job for the rest of this season or next

A vastly underrated hearts legend

Just to add

Pluto although now downgraded was only usually the last planet in our solar system as sometimes it is neptune.

So there

Id take de vries too

Hes only 32/33

If you think Nade's looking unfit I'm guessing you never seen DeVries play his last few games at leicester.... oooooft. Levien had a look and decided against it.

He's past it big time.

Walter Bishop
Id take de vries too

Hes only 32/33

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you think Nade's looking unfit I'm guessing you never seen DeVries play his last few games at leicester.... oooooft. Levien had a look and decided against it.

He's past it big time.

He has regained his fitness and has been doing well for leeds

Loan just finished during the week past

Not what we need but each to their own... 2 power forwards are enuff, we sorely need some one to compliment them.

I know there are always exceptions to the rule like Robbo and JC, but to be honest Maybury is not in their class. To be honest I never rated him that highly anyway, he was a hot head and a clumsy tackler. On the plus side he couold play on either side of defence and he always gave 100%. I would not hate to see him back but I am cautious.

Agree Gooders,.:)

What age is MAybury?

Certainly better right back than Neilson and would definately do as a stop gap!

Date of birth 08-08-1978 - still got 3-4 years at the top level

Serious

Youre needin a severe dose of prozac or just get to ****.

U are a ****. End of

Im fairly tolerant but mods come on do we need these reptiles? I doubt it very much. sick joke

remember maybury saying that when robbo came in noone knew what they were meant to be doing as tactics didnt exist, he said elvis held the dressing room together, under levein everyone always knew what they were meant to be doing. thought it was pretty interesting, he was still here for a couple of months under robbo.

john brownlee
Thank god Walt Disney isn't still alive, that would have broken his heart.

Pluto was named after the greek god pluto, not the Disney cartoon animal

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Remember, Maybury was played mostly on the left to accomodate Neilson.

When Irish Alan played at right back he was far superior to anything we have had recently.

If we got him back to play at his best position, Robbie would at last be finally emptied and good riddance.

must admit i will take him back with open arms even if he is 75 percent off what he was he is twice as good as what we have at moment

as to robbie being emptied bit harsh;) considering some off the wasters :mw_tease:sorry meant players we have at the moment ;)

I was at the Leeds game on New Years Day and asked a few Leeds fans their opinons on MDV - "rank", "slow as a week in jail", "useless" was a summary of the replies! Hardly doing well was he? I think he scored 1goal for the most potent team in the division!

And as for the term "legend" - have a word with urself!

Heard he's been released by Leicester so maybe its true.

Do we need a right back? :P

He can play either side and has been desperate to get away from Leicester for a long time.

I was told that he was coming to Hearts on Monday also.

Dougie Masterton
Id take de vries too

Hes only 32/33

Legend, your having a laugh, just because he scored four against the vermin. :eek:

Pluto was named after the greek god pluto, not the Disney cartoon animal

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Baws.

Next you'll be trying to claim Mars isn't named after the chocolate bar.

He can play either side and has been desperate to get away from Leicester for a long time.

I was told that he was coming to Hearts on Monday also.

Definitely don't fancy Maybury coming back .....no better than Robbie ....too wee as well (at least Robbie can heid the ball)....first thing big Jefferies did when Killie played the JTs was put a big forward out on Marbury's wing to win the big punts from the goalie/defenders ....Maybury never won a ball...by all accounts he's gone backwards ....please don't sign him SF or I'll change my mind about you :(

Maybury could play with two broken legs at right back and still be a better option than our current incumbent.

You have got to be kidding my goldfish has a longer attention span then Maybury. He's so busy patting himself on the back for doing something very ordinary that he doesn't notice when he drops us deeper in the ***** than before he moved.

Archived