- 15!

jambogaz1968

I P Knightley

Are folk walking/skating/cycling on the canal?

I remember one winter in the mid-'70s having a ball on the canal on my bike. As a parent, though, the thought of it sends shudders through me!!

blondejamtart

Yep, -15 in Dalkeith too! You know it's cold when you start to look at those ads on the telly for those slanket blanket thingys with the sleeves and think ...actually, that might not be a bad idea! :santa1: Currently sitting in the office and my fingers and feet are frozen - I could use one of those right now...

Yep, -15 in Dalkeith too! You know it's cold when you start to look at those ads on the telly for those slanket blanket thingys with the sleeves and think ...actually, that might not be a bad idea! :santa1: Currently sitting in the office and my fingers and feet are frozen - I could use one of those right now...

Just add one of those 'big slipper' things for your feet and you're good to go! :D

I'm going to market the male version of the slanket....

A Boy Named Crow

It's about minus a million here - I took my hand out of my glove for a couple of minutes to call the boss and I think it's cost me several fingers from my right hand!!!

Guest GhostHunter

Hope you lot are prepared for next week and beyond :smiliz21:

Warmer temps tomorrow and Friday will fall away again overnight Sat with a return to sub zero temps early next week. There's a lot of agreement just now about a "mega" cold/snow event moving into the UK around the 17th of the month - what's causing "excitement" is an abnormally high pressure system over Greenland which helps pull int the cold from the East intially, then a roaring Northerly straight from the Arctic.

At one point it looked like we would be getting winds direct from Alaska :smiliz21:

Hope Dick Stevenson has learned his lesson from Monday.....

Haha!

I bought one of those for my wife last Christmas!

Fair play though - it is actually quite warm.

Hope you lot are prepared for next week and beyond :smiliz21:

Warmer temps tomorrow and Friday will fall away again overnight Sat with a return to sub zero temps early next week. There's a lot of agreement just now about a "mega" cold/snow event moving into the UK around the 17th of the month - what's causing "excitement" is an abnormally high pressure system over Greenland which helps pull int the cold from the East intially, then a roaring Northerly straight from the Arctic.

At one point it looked like we would be getting winds direct from Alaska :smiliz21:

Hope Dick Stevenson has learned his lesson from Monday.....

Stevenson should ban HGV's from the motorways if the weather stays the same or gets worse. The amount of them stranded on the M8 was ridiculous.

Guest GhostHunter

Stevenson should ban HGV's from the motorways if the weather stays the same or gets worse. The amount of them stranded on the M8 was ridiculous.

Catch 22.

HGV's are what let us live our lives the way we do - delivering those, you know, things, like food and petrol.

:santa1:

Catch 22.

HGV's are what let us live our lives the way we do - delivering those, you know, things, like food and petrol.

:santa1:

Yup without those HGV's we would now be sitting with empty hospitals and overflowing mortuaries!

Have to say our suppliers have done a fantastic job ensuring food has got through to even the most remote hospitals in the country!

Nucky Thompson

Just back from the Gyle and the car is now saying -6. I don't think it's to get any 'warmer' today :rolleyes:

Took me an hour to get snow and ice off the van this morning....hands were flipping freezing....even the De-icer froze,then to make things even worse the heater in the van would only blow cold air :smiliz21: , the inside of the van was iced up to fec, i could not see out the windscreen :o

Wasn't particularly nice getting the van on the go this morning.

Really, really unpleasant working in this shit.

Say What Again

It's fecking cold tonight. Actually sitting shivvering in my flat at the moment.

Brrrrrrr.

I had to keep my head perfectly still on the pillow this morning, because every part of it was freezing - except where I'd been lying. :lol:

It's fecking cold tonight. Actually sitting shivvering in my flat at the moment.

Brrrrrrr.

I had to keep my head perfectly still on the pillow this morning, because every part of it was freezing - except where I'd been lying. :lol:

4528516819.jpg:whistling:

Say What Again

4528516819.jpg:whistling:

She was working last night so I strategically position the cats on the bed to keep me warm.

The wee feckers must have moved when I fee asleep. :angry:

She was working last night so I strategically position the cats on the bed to keep me warm.

The wee feckers must have moved when I fee asleep. :angry:

Bestiality post IMO :rolleyes:

I drove to Linlithgow last night along the Livingston road & the car temperature readin dropped (briefly) to -20. That's the coldest I've ever known.

Say What Again

Na , was over at E's work helping her with her sleep over :thumbsup:

Forum rules.

10. Responses within a thread must remain on topic to that thread.

Post reported :thumbsup:

Archived