'Tartan tat' kings admit using false labels on clothes

jambogaz1968

"TARTAN tat" kings the Gold Brothers have admitted selling Chinese-made cashmere clothes with "Made in Scotland" labels on them at a Royal Mile store.

The company, which owns stores throughout Edinburgh, pleaded guilty yesterday to criminal charge of "misleading" customers.

Trading Standards officers were tipped off that the firm was deliberately mislabelling cashmere garments, leaving customers to believe the goods were Scottish-made.

Officers carried out test buys of the products after first tracing the supplier of the imported clothes, who admitted they were shipped in from China.

The court heard that a member of staff at the shop admitted to investigators that he knew the product labelling was "inaccurate".

A lawyer for the company, run by brothers Malap, Surinder and Galab Singh, along with nephew Dildar, admitted the charge at Edinburgh Sheriff Court.

Well slap me wi a kipper,im stunned at this news. Whoever would have thought that Asian shopkeepers would sell snyder gear..im outraged :whistling:

They should be made to turn that stupid music off :smiliz65: ....blasting it outside their shops....everytime I walk past I feel like kicking the fliping speaker!!!!!! :verymad: :verymad:

They should be made to turn that stupid music off :smiliz65: ....blasting it outside their shops....everytime I walk past I feel like kicking the fliping speaker!!!!!! :verymad: :verymad:

I've stood outside their West End shop more than a few times with my tools with me. It's bloody hard work keeping your hands away from a set of cutters.

Really!

You kick the speakers!

Archived