?70 to watch Hamilton Accies

Des' Dad

Pulled in to Aldi, Gorgie Road car park before the Hamilton game to look at their computers and decided to leave the car there until after the game. Now got a Parking Charge Notice from a company called Parking Eye which states I was caught on camera entering at 12.50 and leaving at 14.55 and I would need to pay them ?70. Does anyone know if I have a legal obligation to pay this or can I ignore it? Anyone been in the same position?

they have no legal rights over you at all. just ignore it.

Correct. They are simply trying to scare people into paying up.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Pulled in to Aldi, Gorgie Road car park before the Hamilton game to look at their computers and decided to leave the car there until after the game. Now got a Parking Charge Notice from a company called Parking Eye which states I was caught on camera entering at 12.50 and leaving at 14.55 and I would need to pay them ?70. Does anyone know if I have a legal obligation to pay this or can I ignore it? Anyone been in the same position?

Do not enter into any correspondence with them. This happened to me in the same car park. They sent me two letters, one with photos of my car etc. I ignored them completely and haven't heard from them since.

As said above, ignore!! What you have is an invoice not a fine.

Be prepared for some threatening letters though and promises to take you to court. :smiliz23:

Go round there and take a big dump on their doorstep.

Sorted.

A bloke that got fired from my mate's student job did that

The Old Tolbooth

Even funnier if the threats come from an English company, they threaten you with things that they can't touch you with under Scottish law, I had fun with my pursuers until they gave up, I was disappointed when they gave up as I was enjoying the thrill of the chase :cheese:

Under no circumstances pay up Des's dad :thumbsup:

southside1874

Do not enter into any correspondence with them. This happened to me in the same car park. They sent me two letters, one with photos of my car etc. I ignored them completely and haven't heard from them since.

Yes, its the not entering into correspondence that lets them know you know your rights and stops them pestering you :thumbsup:

i got one of these same company(wankers) watching us up at sj johnstone. never had a choice but to pay it as i own a company car and they charged it to my company not me. my boss is a tit

Ignore them! You'll get 2 or 3 threatening letters from them, possibly 2 from a debt collection agency and maybe another 1 or 2 from a lawyer. If you don't answer they'll lose interest in you and move on to an easier target. If you do answer you'll be marked as a "responder" and get extra letters.

Despite the threats keep ignoring them and don't even attempt to appeal - there is no effective appeals process.

Try this site for more info.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?88-Parking-Traffic-Offences

You can also get more advice from the Pepipoo forum http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30 or Money Saving Expert forums http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163 to name but 2 of the bigger sites.

Also check out the BBC Watchdog report....

Enjoy ignoring, don't weaken and if your stuck for a place to park before the next home game, you could always try the Aldi car park on Gorgie Road :whistling:

Archived