The Ashes

Boris

What about Dhoni, Sangakkara and Boucher? A lot of talented wicketkeepers playing at the moment. Shit, play stopped for rain. Sky plus for me now.

Gave up keeping wicket when he took over the Sri Lanka captaincy. btw Prior has taken 22 catches in the series so far ... sounds a lot?

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

Fantastic performance by England. No one has ever won a series with 3 innings victories in it.

Brilliant!

It's been a terrific series for England, batting, bowling and fielding too. I'd taken a few days off to watch the 1st test then, being snowed in, watched the 2nd test as well. Obviously Eng lost the 3rd coz I wasn't watching but given the Christmas & New Year holidays I've been able to recapture my early series watching form. :smiliz64:

Well done England, I have enjoyed listening to TMS for the last 7 weeks and after 24 years of misery it's good to beat the Aussies on their own midden.

I might get some sleep now, bring on the Indians

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well done England, I have enjoyed listening to TMS for the last 7 weeks and after 24 years of misery it's good to beat the Aussies on their own midden.

I might get some sleep now, bring on the Indians

In English conditions, England should be favourites but they are showing they can play outside the sub-continent at the minute.

Well played England!

Interesting to see the Aussie press slate their own side, understandably perhaps, but this somehow takes away from how professional and ruthless England have been.

Australia aren't a "bad" side, but compared to England the difference is plain.

England's batting has been awesome, Perth aside, and the bowling has also been fantastic. On supposedly flat tracks the English attack has managed to get the ball working well and made the Aussie bowlers seem very poor in comparison.

Then there's the fielding. Outstanding!

swann_524882s.jpg

I really wish Kyle had done "the sprinkler" when he scored on New Year's Day!

Goldstone Wonder

What about Dhoni, Sangakkara and Boucher? A lot of talented wicketkeepers playing at the moment.

Yes I remembered Dhoni after I'd typed that but I think Prior is up there with him. They are similarly destructive players. Re Sangakkara, see below. Boucher's well past his best and close to the end of his career so not giving you that.

Gave up keeping wicket when he took over the Sri Lanka captaincy. btw Prior has taken 22 catches in the series so far ... sounds a lot?

1 short of the record for an English wicketkeeper in an Ashes set by Alan Knott in 70-71 apparently. He's really only had one major blemish in his keeping which was a failed stumping in the last test or the first innings of this test (can't remember which).

Yes I remembered Dhoni after I'd typed that but I think Prior is up there with him. They are similarly destructive players. Re Sangakkara, see below. Boucher's well past his best and close to the end of his career so not giving you that.

1 short of the record for an English wicketkeeper in an Ashes set by Alan Knott in 70-71 apparently. He's really only had one major blemish in his keeping which was a failed stumping in the last test or the first innings of this test (can't remember which).

BTW, in no way was I knocking Prior. Just saying that there are a lot of talented wicketkeepers out there. And I can still have Sangakkara in the "since Gilchrist" debate. Can't wait already for the Indian tour this Summer, should be a cracker.

Era Macaroons

Well played England!

swann_524882s.jpg

I really wish Kyle had done "the sprinkler" when he scored on New Year's Day!

I doubt Kyles noted for his sprinkler abilities

( but I enjoyed the demo)

Congrats to Great Britain on a great bat n ball result.

Archived