Neil McCann

Guest czechmate

The problem is our regime dont want players like that.

at any other club a player like mccann is an asset, at hearts it is seen as a nuisance

I dont think he offers us much on a playing side anymore and tbh romanov wont want his input off the field so I feel its best for everyone including neil if he moves on

He can find a club who appreciate what he has to offer and we can spend his wages on someone who can do a job on the playing front.

Are you on medication for your condition? I'm very concerned about you.

lets leave TERRY alone please god he not playing yet still getting stick. I`m old enough to remember his first tme at hearts (i`m that old god) i just wish good luck where ever he ends up with us or down england , he will always hold a spot in my heart. :)

SO SAY WE ALL (except bawbags)

at any other club a player like mccann is an asset, at hearts it is seen as a nuisance

I dont think he offers us much on a playing side anymore and tbh romanov wont want his input off the field so I feel its best for everyone including neil if he moves on

He can find a club who appreciate what he has to offer and we can spend his wages on someone who can do a job on the playing front.

Bit of a flip flopper aren't you?

No wonder you're always right.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If that's your strongest argument against McCann then I wouldn't bother trying to debate against anyone else.

He is most certainly an asset and I really don't see where you are coming from with the whole nuisance thing.

Stuff like the magnificent 7 comes with Romanovs seal of approval so I would imagine he will be happy to see a player willing to promote it.

We are all aware he wasn't the player he used to be.

For what it's worth I actually think he does a decent job in the centre of midfield and could be a useful squad player.

I'm hoping he will go on to become a coach at Hearts.

Speak to your doctor, bound to be some sort of pills available for people who cannot sleep for thinking about Neil McCann.

Either that or erse a bottle of vodka before going to bed, then when you shut your eyes, think female, blonde, long legs, not a lot of clothes etc. Tends to help most blokes sleep.

:)

Don't know what blokes you go about with but that would honestly keep me awake!!

As for "Terry" "lang may his lum reek"

FTH

Libertonian_II
i wish EVERY player in our club had the class, the discipline, the respect for our club, the ability but most importantly the fight that mccann had in his hey day

he is, rather WAS one of our elite. he loved this club, and he gave everything he could, every time he pulled on that jersey.

he might not be a shadow of his former playing self, but i for one, have a great deal of time for him

Beverley

I couldn't put it better myself

The OP is way out of order with his post

Libertonian_II
Here's a wee bit input for some.

Neil McCann could and should have been out and away from Riccarton and Tynie for weeks longer than he was. Fact is he did all he could possibly do and his leg break was healed weeks faster than was predicted. He wanted to begin training much sooner than he did but the clubs Doc wouldn't allow him too becuase he couldn't believe how quickly he had healed.

He has attended every game, been there for training (even though not able to train or latterly not being allowed to train) and has been actively involved in all the peripheral things going on at the club...magnificent 7, signing sessions, christmas parties etc. He's also spent time with the younger lads while he's been on the sidelines.

He is desperate to get back but the lack of reserve games has slowed that down a bit. He has been as p*ssed off as we have been about our form lately and just wanted to get back to try and do his bit to try and help. Oh he also knows that it will be hard to get a place because Driver, Chesney and Miko are all on fire in training just now.

My source? Neil McCann himself.

If every player on our books had the passion, fight, commitment and love for the game as he does we'd be fecking invincible.

The guy hasn't had the best return by a long chalk, I think we all know he'll never reach the heights he once did for us and yes sometimes you don't go back but given some of the prima donnas we've seen come and go and the ones still here who are lazy assed non triers I'd take a team of Neil McCanns over that any day of the week.

What is it with this thread that the woman are speaking da most sense?

What you say is what I've heard about McCann as well.

Magic Numbers

Is it just me? I'm thinking he could maybe have a part to play in the advanced central midfield role (the hole). He has bags of experience, vision & technique, so why not? Gotta be better than Audrey of late!

Right.. What is up with Steve Frail's love affair with Neil McCann? Doesn't he realise that McCann is complete gash. The guy is on par with Pillowbiter or worse! Where does Frail seem to think Neil McCann will play, left wing instead of Driver? Central midfield instead of Ruben, Jonson, or Stewart? It does my head in, every interview with Frail I hear that McCann is such a big player for us and that it will be such a big boost when he is back. Its crazy! Makes me doubt Steve Frail's sanity, never mind his Managerial ability.... Then I see that Leeds United are interested in him has the world gone mad or is it just me? In short: NEIL McCANN **** OFF.

Reading the responses to this OP, you must feel like a real bell end?

Neil McCann is destroying our club!

That's what I like a well considred reasoned respose which picks up on the points made, and discusses them, comparing and contrasting different viewpoints to come to a conclusion.

czechmate - bighusref may have had a point about you, you are certainly 'strange' - for me, you're just a dick.

Guest czechmate

John I'm sensing negative vibes here and they ain't good. This is disappointing because I thought we had a connection, I guess I was wrong.... I guess you can call me crazy for thinking a guy on the same wave length has a misunderstanding and it can all spiral out of control so quickly... the world is a funny place.

John I'm sensing negative vibes here and they ain't good. This is disappointing because I thought we had a connection, I guess I was wrong.... I guess you can call me crazy for thinking a guy on the same wave length has a misunderstanding and it can all spiral out of control so quickly... the world is a funny place.

Starting to warm.......

BUT..........

I'm sensing we're on a different planet re Neil.

The question I would ask myself, if I was you, is:

Am I wrong? or,

Is everone else wrong?

Kindest regards

J

You're wrong, I'm right. I'm sorry there can be no other way.

I (usually) do like a man that sticks to his principles...

We'll agree to differ?

bighusref -

did McCann not get sent to warm up in front of the Hearts fans in that game?

He was warming up at the School end when R@ng*rs scored.

You are a Hibs ****. **** off mythadone.

Shut up you mod edit. Just cause I don't lick his balls I'm a Hibby? How dumb is that? hahaha.... That's so daft, what should I have said to show I'm a real Hearts supporter like you? Erse.

McCann's been nothing short of horrific since his return two years ago. I know cause I've been at every game he's played in. That's my opinion.

markletissier

don't think terry has much to offer us in a playing capacity anymore but i think he will certainly make a good role model and an excellent coach when he decides to hang up his boots.

what's the deal with leeds utd offer??? i think it'd be better if we try and pin him down long term as a member of the coaching staff. get as many members of the 98 cup team as coaches as we possibly can:thumb:

What has Neil McCann done to deserve this? He's a big part of the squad, and the younger players look up to him. And has recovered from two serious injuries since he rejoined us. His commitment would put people like you to shame.

Got to agree

how random was the OP

McCann has not even kicked a ball for about 6 months

i'd keep him - defo a squad player tho

Graham Thomson
Right.. What is up with Steve Frail's love affair with Neil McCann? Doesn't he realise that McCann is complete gash. The guy is on par with Pillowbiter or worse! Where does Frail seem to think Neil McCann will play, left wing instead of Driver? Central midfield instead of Ruben, Jonson, or Stewart? It does my head in, every interview with Frail I hear that McCann is such a big player for us and that it will be such a big boost when he is back. Its crazy! Makes me doubt Steve Frail's sanity, never mind his Managerial ability.... Then I see that Leeds United are interested in him has the world gone mad or is it just me? In short: NEIL McCANN **** OFF.

This kind of pathetic post , really is becoming boring, i would go into more detail, but i doubt you have the intellectual capacity to understand.

Graham Thomson
Here's a wee bit input for some.

Neil McCann could and should have been out and away from Riccarton and Tynie for weeks longer than he was. Fact is he did all he could possibly do and his leg break was healed weeks faster than was predicted. He wanted to begin training much sooner than he did but the clubs Doc wouldn't allow him too becuase he couldn't believe how quickly he had healed.

He has attended every game, been there for training (even though not able to train or latterly not being allowed to train) and has been actively involved in all the peripheral things going on at the club...magnificent 7, signing sessions, christmas parties etc. He's also spent time with the younger lads while he's been on the sidelines.

He is desperate to get back but the lack of reserve games has slowed that down a bit. He has been as p*ssed off as we have been about our form lately and just wanted to get back to try and do his bit to try and help. Oh he also knows that it will be hard to get a place because Driver, Chesney and Miko are all on fire in training just now.

My source? Neil McCann himself.

If every player on our books had the passion, fight, commitment and love for the game as he does we'd be fecking invincible.

The guy hasn't had the best return by a long chalk, I think we all know he'll never reach the heights he once did for us and yes sometimes you don't go back but given some of the prima donnas we've seen come and go and the ones still here who are lazy assed non triers I'd take a team of Neil McCanns over that any day of the week.

One of the best posts ever on K/B

Well said JennyJambo. I am honourary President of the Neil McCann appreciation Society, and founding member of the Calum Elliot Apologist Society.

I like being in clubs on my own. ( very claustraphobic)

The way some fans abuse our players is pathetic.

Some players work like dogs to try and get fit enough to contribute and get pelters.

Others, like Pinilla could not give a toss and get hero worshipped.

Other players try too hard to prove themselves to an unforgiving public, volunteer to play in any position and are machine gunned for their efforts.

When a player pulls on the Shirt, does not hide, and gives their all, they have my full support.

If they are not good enough, the manager should get the flak.

Booing players is non productive, i have yet to see a players form improve from being booed.

Get a grip you low lifes.

Direct your foul mouthed tirades at the people who can make a difference.

Yes.

'Rusty cripple' if I remember rightly.

I'm confused as to why you are allowed to post considering you have made up a new user name while banned.

I remember now why this amnesty struck me as a bad idea ... :ninja:

bighusref -

did McCann not get sent to warm up in front of the Hearts fans in that game?

Yes he did.

I remember it clearly, right in front of the Gorgie road end. Politely clapped back at the hearts fans who gave him a good reception.

The man has class....which is far more than can be said for the opening poster.

Yes he did.

I remember it clearly, right in front of the Gorgie road end. Politely clapped back at the hearts fans who gave him a good reception.

The man has class....which is far more than can be said for the opening poster.

Spot on.

Neil McCann is a credit to Heart of Midlothian Football Club. There are many on this thread who are the opposite.

I can only agree with the short memory/some fans don't deserve guys like him sentiments.

What I would say, is that he would not have come back if he didn't think he could contribute, and to think his contribution can be measured on a Saturday between 3.00 and 16.45 is naive in the extreme.

Archived