Neil McCann

Guest czechmate

Guest czechmate

Right.. What is up with Steve Frail's love affair with Neil McCann? Doesn't he realise that McCann is complete gash. The guy is on par with Pillowbiter or worse! Where does Frail seem to think Neil McCann will play, left wing instead of Driver? Central midfield instead of Ruben, Jonson, or Stewart? It does my head in, every interview with Frail I hear that McCann is such a big player for us and that it will be such a big boost when he is back. Its crazy! Makes me doubt Steve Frail's sanity, never mind his Managerial ability.... Then I see that Leeds United are interested in him has the world gone mad or is it just me? In short: NEIL McCANN **** OFF.

What has Neil McCann done to deserve this? He's a big part of the squad, and the younger players look up to him. And has recovered from two serious injuries since he rejoined us. His commitment would put people like you to shame.

Guest czechmate

Commitment can only get you so far as a player, you actually have to some talent. Which a Neil McCann with no pace, does not.

Its not as if he is playing every week. He is probably good to have in training.

He hasnt really done anything to deserve this slagging to be honest.

i wish EVERY player in our club had the class, the discipline, the respect for our club, the ability but most importantly the fight that mccann had in his hey day

he is, rather WAS one of our elite. he loved this club, and he gave everything he could, every time he pulled on that jersey.

he might not be a shadow of his former playing self, but i for one, have a great deal of time for him

Right.. What is up with Steve Frail's love affair with Neil McCann? Doesn't he realise that McCann is complete gash. The guy is on par with Pillowbiter or worse! Where does Frail seem to think Neil McCann will play, left wing instead of Driver? Central midfield instead of Ruben, Jonson, or Stewart? It does my head in, every interview with Frail I hear that McCann is such a big player for us and that it will be such a big boost when he is back. Its crazy! Makes me doubt Steve Frail's sanity, never mind his Managerial ability.... Then I see that Leeds United are interested in him has the world gone mad or is it just me? In short: NEIL McCANN **** OFF.
C

alm doon...... Mcann is not playing, and he will be helping the youngsters and good to have around training. Short memories some people have,

:mad:

Guest czechmate

I could easily handle Neil McCann being at the club but not playing, but I can bet for some absurd reason Neil McCann will be back in the team which is why I can't sleep tonight.

i wish EVERY player in our club had the class, the discipline, the respect for our club, the ability but most importantly the fight that mccann had in his hey day

he is, rather WAS one of our elite. he loved this club, and he gave everything he could, every time he pulled on that jersey.

he might not be a shadow of his former playing self, but i for one, have a great deal of time for him

well said mat i concur

i agree, but that doesn't mean he should be anywhere near the first team.

i agree, but lets not forget he has all his coaching badges now and i feel he will prove to be a great asset to us.

if we can instill even a little of his pride into our players, we're part way to showing them what this club means

McCann is exactly what we need around the club right now but I am not sure about being in the team.

You are a bit strange.

Neil McCann has not played since early in the season, he is likely to leave the club very soon and you still want to have a pop at him? You are either too young to remember him or are simply, strange.

Neil McCann was an excellent player for us first time round. He has given a huge amount to our club. I remember vividly when he left for R@ng*rs he was not overly effusive about his move and his first appearance for the club was as a substitute against us at Tynecastle. IIRC, we were one nil up and R@ng*rs equalised. At the time of the equaliser, McCann was warming up in front of the R@ng*rs fans and behind the goal where the goal was scored, his only reaction was to continue to warm up and applaud. He could have ingratiated himself with the dirty one by going banzai like the rest of the players and subs, he chose to show respect to the club and fans that got him where he was.

That respect is something you do not deserve.

As I have said before, Neil McCann should never have came back but I wish him well, if only certain players cared as much as McCann does (yep, does, he still cares about this club) we may have at least fought for some more points this year.

Drylaw Hearts
You are a bit strange.

Neil McCann has not played since early in the season, he is likely to leave the club very soon and you still want to have a pop at him? You are either too young to remember him or are simply, strange.

Neil McCann was an excellent player for us first time round. He has given a huge amount to our club. I remember vividly when he left for R@ng*rs he was not overly effusive about his move and his first appearance for the club was as a substitute against us at Tynecastle. IIRC, we were one nil up and R@ng*rs equalised. At the time of the equaliser, McCann was warming up in front of the R@ng*rs fans and behind the goal where the goal was scored, his only reaction was to continue to warm up and applaud. He could have ingratiated himself with the dirty one by going banzai like the rest of the players and subs, he chose to show respect to the club and fans that got him where he was.

As I have said before, Neil McCann should never have came back but I wish him well, if only certain players cared as much as McCann does (yep, does, he still cares about this club) we may have at least fought for some more points this year.

Spot on.

portobellojambo1
I could easily handle Neil McCann being at the club but not playing, but I can bet for some absurd reason Neil McCann will be back in the team which is why I can't sleep tonight.

Speak to your doctor, bound to be some sort of pills available for people who cannot sleep for thinking about Neil McCann.

Either that or erse a bottle of vodka before going to bed, then when you shut your eyes, think female, blonde, long legs, not a lot of clothes etc. Tends to help most blokes sleep.

:)

The Old Tolbooth

Blimey, did you wake up during the night after having a bad dream about Neil Mcann pumping your missus all ends up and decide to start a thread on how much you hate him?

Very weird. :wacko:

And people wonder why there is no connection between fans and players andymore when arseholes slag a man who has given his all for Hearts in every game he has played.

You don't deserve men like McCann.

You are a bit strange.

Excellent post bighusref - and every word is true.

We owe Neil much respect, he's earned it - and he's never been disrespectful to the club.

One other thing is that, before he left us the last time he could have gone for hee haw, however he chose to sign a contract to ensure the club would receive a fee for him, as it turns our rangers paid something like 1.3M for him.

Neil Mccann is a professional in every sense of the word.

Like bighusref I can only imagine the OP is very young - or...'strange'.

I really don't understand some people. What exactly do you want SF to say about McCann when asked in interview, he's gash and should never be near the team? Get real!!!

As the manager it's his job to support his players to the world you don't know what he's thinking behind the scenes.

I think the players already feel they are not treated well so how slating one of our senior players will help i don't know.

Honestly, I don't know what's happening to some Hearts fans we used to support the team no matter what now all we can do is criticise

............. In short: NEIL McCANN **** OFF.

You shouldn't come in half jaked at 2.00 a.m on a Saturday morning and start posting this sort of stuff.

You'll sober up and realised that you've made an erse of yourself slagging off a man who helped Hearts win the Scottish Cup.

I'm afraid I don't fall into the "McCann has lost his pace, he is no longer any good..." category.

I think that when he has played he has perhaps tried too hard and that he has been played in an unusual position for us.

He still has the pace to beat people, which you can all see if you care to watch, and his effort cannot be questioned. With a decent run in the reserves and then the first team he will produce. Also, in the reserves, you will see the same effort as if it was a big match day. Unlike some of our players who decide that they are above reserve team football and don't try a leg and then moan that they are not in the first team. Makela anyone?

Terry has been a great servant to this club, he shows the utmost professionalism in dealing with the media and does not get involved in slagging this club off which is again something that the "support" should try to emulate.

Rod.

You shouldn't come in half jaked at 2.00 a.m on a Saturday morning and start posting this sort of stuff.

You'll sober up and realised that you've made an erse of yourself slagging off a man who helped Hearts win the Scottish Cup.

could not have put it beter myself. OP should be ashamed of himself...

Disgraceful. Others have said more, I don't feel the need.

I am sure that Neil McCann has a lot more to offer on the non playing side than we realise, this is probably what Frail eludes to when he talks him up.

He has lost pace, but is still a guy who can be relied on 100% to give his very best for the team and the club, how many of our current squad can we say that about.

Oh and did I mention that he is one of our legendary cup winning team from 1998? Some people................

Czechmate, I'll put it down to the late hour and too much booze. If that's not the reason, you really should have a look at yourself and get in touch with what makes this Club great.

bound to be some sort of pills available for people who cannot sleep for thinking about Neil McCann.

:)

Am thinking its the pills that could be responsible for this thread. :(

McCann has robbed this club of a wage for 2 years

The sooner he goes the better

I got a hard time about 18 months ago for a comment about him, whilst the wording was OTT and harsh the sentiments clearly have been proven to be true

Neil McCann's return to Tynecastle has not been particularly successful.

2 horrendous injuries have played a huge part in that.

If he does not deserve to play, but is selected, then ask the manager to F off.

Frankly, to treat a Hearts legend with such disrespect is pathetic. F off.

I got a hard time about 18 months ago for a comment about him, whilst the wording was OTT and harsh the sentiments clearly have been proven to be true

A bit harsh considering he got a right serious injury when he was halved by that Killie barsteward 30 minutes into his comeback. That happened because other teams feared him.

He has played in every position he possibly can (right hand side is not an option) since his return, even left back.

When he has been out he's always remained positive and tried to help the younger guys. Without question Neil McCann has earned his corn more than most at Tynecastle in the past two years. In fact I'd say he's been a bargain considering the Scheidt we've thrown fortunes at. Janny anyone???

The OP may have the excuse of being inebriated last night but you must realise football is a squad game and Neil McCann is a valuable member of ours (even if it's not on the field).

Trust me when I say, having witnessed first hand Neil's competitive nature, there is at least one man more frustrated than you about how his return has been far from perfect and that is Neil himself. He's a right angry wee booger when things go against him!

Big ChipButty

What do yoou expect a manager to say about a player who is being looked at by another club? That he is "gash" or perhaps add a little value by saying he will be missed and is an asset to the club!! In any business if you want rid of someone, you would not go around saying he is useless, you would go on about the things he is good at so that someone will maybe take him.

big husref

couldn't have put it better myself matey!

neil mccann has always shown a level of professionalism i want to see from ALL our players.

he never failed to give his all for whatever team he was playing, but he never went round getting it right up the support of his previous clubs, tarnishing his memories for us.

thats one reason he'll always be a leg end for me

oh, and that shiny wee, sorry big cup he helped bring back to tynie that glorious may evening in 98

What has Neil McCann done to deserve this? He's a big part of the squad, and the younger players look up to him. And has recovered from two serious injuries since he rejoined us. His commitment would put people like you to shame.

Fair play to him, but he is past it and we never should of re-signed him!

Commitment can only get you so far as a player, you actually have to some talent. Which a Neil McCann with no pace, does not.

If you are seriously suggesting that Neil McCann has no talent then you are a complete and utter bozo

Next you will be telling us you had a part to play in the injuries he has sustained since returning. You haven't changed, still a complete self important wally. The sooner you go the better.

I have no doubt that while Neil has not played his part on the park he will have certainly added to the squad/dressing room and earned his money to an extent in other ways. Something that cant be said about others in the squad. In fact some of them who have played have been a liability and still picked up wages

i like neil mccann as a player but i think it would be very difficult for him to get back in the team over the likes of chesney miko and driver

I, like everyone else loved Neilly Boy McCann back in the day. He had pace, pace and eh......... pace.

Now he has fug all unfortunately - so why should we pay him thousands of pounds per week??????

As soon as I heard Leeds were enquiring about him I offered to drive him to Yorkshire. Since his return to Tynecastle he's scored no goals, set up no goals, crossed no balls which have resulted in goals, had no assists. He's absolutely stunk. As bad as Neilson.

I, like everyone else loved Neilly Boy McCann back in the day. He had pace, pace and eh......... pace.

Now he has fug all unfortunately - so why should we pay him thousands of pounds per week??????

As soon as I heard Leeds were enquiring about him I offered to drive him to Yorkshire. Since his return to Tynecastle he's scored no goals, set up no goals, crossed no balls which have resulted in goals, had no assists. He's absolutely stunk. As bad as Neilson.

You are a Hibs ****. **** off mythadone.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Yes.

'Rusty cripple' if I remember rightly.

I'm confused as to why you are allowed to post considering you have made up a new user name while banned.

Well maybe you should have used your oh so incredible clairvyancy skills to let him know he was going to break his leg, and saved him the bother of 6 months rehabilitation.

It is utterly hilarious that you seem to think you get points for predicting something bad was going to happen. All you ever to is post negative pish, and occasionally bad things happen, so the odds are you'll get something right eventually.

It doesn't mean that your posts are anything other than boring, negative, moral high ground taking, banal, argument starting piles of pish, and the place wasn't ten times better when you were banned.

Going back to the original point, I agree with the sentiments of the posters who have commended Neil for his commitment to the club, although it is clear to anyone that the only way he will capture his form of old is if he manages to get back 99% of his pace, which is a tall order.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't be encouraged, and I think some of the posts slating him are well out of order.

lets leave TERRY alone please god he not playing yet still getting stick. I`m old enough to remember his first tme at hearts (i`m that old god) i just wish good luck where ever he ends up with us or down england , he will always hold a spot in my heart. :)

Terry was signed to replace Skacel in January 2006, his debut at Rugby Park lasted 20 minutes before being assaulted by a Killie player. He never recovered (IMHO)

SF speaks highly of him, perhaps an off the field associate during the

Valdas/Malofeev/Chernekov circuses ???????

Here's a wee bit input for some.

Neil McCann could and should have been out and away from Riccarton and Tynie for weeks longer than he was. Fact is he did all he could possibly do and his leg break was healed weeks faster than was predicted. He wanted to begin training much sooner than he did but the clubs Doc wouldn't allow him too becuase he couldn't believe how quickly he had healed.

He has attended every game, been there for training (even though not able to train or latterly not being allowed to train) and has been actively involved in all the peripheral things going on at the club...magnificent 7, signing sessions, christmas parties etc. He's also spent time with the younger lads while he's been on the sidelines.

He is desperate to get back but the lack of reserve games has slowed that down a bit. He has been as p*ssed off as we have been about our form lately and just wanted to get back to try and do his bit to try and help. Oh he also knows that it will be hard to get a place because Driver, Chesney and Miko are all on fire in training just now.

My source? Neil McCann himself.

If every player on our books had the passion, fight, commitment and love for the game as he does we'd be fecking invincible.

The guy hasn't had the best return by a long chalk, I think we all know he'll never reach the heights he once did for us and yes sometimes you don't go back but given some of the prima donnas we've seen come and go and the ones still here who are lazy assed non triers I'd take a team of Neil McCanns over that any day of the week.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Here's a wee bit input for some.

Neil McCann could and should have been out and away from Riccarton and Tynie for weeks longer than he was. Fact is he did all he could possibly do and his leg break was healed weeks faster than was predicted. He wanted to begin training much sooner than he did but the clubs Doc wouldn't allow him too becuase he couldn't believe how quickly he had healed.

He has attended every game, been there for training (even though not able to train or latterly not being allowed to train) and has been actively involved in all the peripheral things going on at the club...magnificent 7, signing sessions, christmas parties etc. He's also spent time with the younger lads while he's been on the sidelines.

He is desperate to get back but the lack of reserve games has slowed that down a bit. He has been as p*ssed off as we have been about our form lately and just wanted to get back to try and do his bit to try and help. Oh he also knows that it will be hard to get a place because Driver, Chesney and Miko are all on fire in training just now.

My source? Neil McCann himself.

If every player on our books had the passion, fight, commitment and love for the game as he does we'd be fecking invincible.

The guy hasn't had the best return by a long chalk, I think we all know he'll never reach the heights he once did for us and yes sometimes you don't go back but given some of the prima donnas we've seen come and go and the ones still here who are lazy assed non triers I'd take a team of Neil McCanns over that any day of the week.

Great post.

I think the majority appreciate Terry for what he has done for Hearts.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he has been involved in a lot even though he is injured.

Great post.

I think the majority appreciate Terry for what he has done for Hearts.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he has been involved in a lot even though he is injured.

The problem is our regime dont want players like that.

at any other club a player like mccann is an asset, at hearts it is seen as a nuisance

I dont think he offers us much on a playing side anymore and tbh romanov wont want his input off the field so I feel its best for everyone including neil if he moves on

He can find a club who appreciate what he has to offer and we can spend his wages on someone who can do a job on the playing front.

Archived