Scottish Cup tie versus Motherwell - 22/01/2008

portobellojambo1

portobellojambo1

Don't usually start many threads, most of what I have to add to can usually be found somewhere on the board, but I started this to gauge interest in the Scottish Cup tie on Tuesday.

Was in the ticket centre (TC) this afternoon (was actually the first time I have been in since they moved into the old Ace of Hearts building, being a season ticket holder and member of a SC I never usually have to go for my own tickets) picking up my ticket for the Motherwell cup game.

I asked the guy that served me a couple of questions, the first one not a problem, I asked if we would have to sit on the seats allocated to us on the ticket, his response was no, Motherwell don't have a problem with people sitting where they want.

I then asked how many tickets we had sold, and he replied along the lines of Hearts hoped to take a not bad support through, we have sold 300 tickets. It wasn't until I had left and was on the way home that I started thinking to myself "I wonder if he meant they, the TC, have sold 300 tickets today or 300 in total".

Has anybody heard anything figure wise. I know the date isn't perfect, many people will not have been paid since before Christmas and won't get paid again until end of January, but I would hate to think we are actually going through with a p i s s poor following.

portobellojambo1
PJ1

I think the travelling support for Tues will increase substantially if we get a positive result tomorrow.

I sort of got that impression, or came to that conclusion, myself Paws, that sales to date possibly have not been good and Hearts are hoping on a response from fans based on tomorrow's result.

I was in today at about 3pm. No idea how many tickets we've been allocated or how many are left (the pile looked pretty big!).

But our tickets are row N seats 40 and 41.

So if anyone knows where we started, we might have some idea of how many we've sold!

Got a phone call tonight for another 5 tickets for Tuesday too late for the Linlithgow supporters club application which has been sent in already. I'd expect more if we have a good day tomorrow. I think a lot of people don't realise that it's an all ticket game.

Don't usually start many threads, most of what I have to add to can usually be found somewhere on the board, but I started this to gauge interest in the Scottish Cup tie on Tuesday.

Was in the ticket centre (TC) this afternoon (was actually the first time I have been in since they moved into the old Ace of Hearts building, being a season ticket holder and member of a SC I never usually have to go for my own tickets) picking up my ticket for the Motherwell cup game.

I asked the guy that served me a couple of questions, the first one not a problem, I asked if we would have to sit on the seats allocated to us on the ticket, his response was no, Motherwell don't have a problem with people sitting where they want.

I then asked how many tickets we had sold, and he replied along the lines of Hearts hoped to take a not bad support through, we have sold 300 tickets. It wasn't until I had left and was on the way home that I started thinking to myself "I wonder if he meant they, the TC, have sold 300 tickets today or 300 in total".

Has anybody heard anything figure wise. I know the date isn't perfect, many people will not have been paid since before Christmas and won't get paid again until end of January, but I would hate to think we are actually going through with a p i s s poor following.

I chose Hampden ahead of Fir Park but you never know, I might do both.

Let's hope we get at least a couple of thousand heading to Fir Park: I can't see it being any more.

Buffalo Bill

I sort of got that impression, or came to that conclusion, myself Paws, that sales to date possibly have not been good and Hearts are hoping on a response from fans based on tomorrow's result.

It's a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in, but I understand the apathy of our fans given our current predicament. The prospect of another let-down at Motherwell on a cold Tues night isn't exactly appealing. It won't take much for Hearts to turn it around. Although some won't be happy until we appoint a new manager and sign some decent players I think a win against the Hobos tomorrow will be enough to get a decent crowd for Tues. I spoke to several people who didn't intend going to the last SPL game at Fester Road, then we knocked Sellick out the CIS cup at Darkheid and they all rushed to the ticket office! That's the way it goes.

spoke to the ticket office yesterday, they said they had sold 600 out of a total allocation of 3500. they said it was likely there would be a cash gate. doesnt sound good. but after we stuff the hibs it may pick up.;)

ToadKiller Dog

Must be a bit more than 300 sold maybe thats the number just from the office and not ticket master where i got mine from arrived this morning for the bottom section.

maybe also some folk expecting a cash gate.

broxburnjambo
spoke to the ticket office yesterday, they said they had sold 600 out of a total allocation of 3500. they said it was likely there would be a cash gate. doesnt sound good. but after we stuff the hibs it may pick up.;)

I will dissapointed if there is a cash gate, as paid ?3.50 admin fees on my ticket. I see why this will be the the case, but why make it all ticket in the first place.

I was checking londonhearts.com we played Motherwell at Hampden in a cup semi in 1952 attendance 98 thousand... it was a draw and only 80 thousand turned up for the replay... which was also a draw...second replay 68 thousand

bloody part time supporters

Im going, if there is a cash gate ;)

I refuse to pay ?3.50 booking fee, while the home support gets in for 12 quid.

Something should be done about this, it is unfair.

I expect upwards of 1K extra if a cash gate is announced.

portobellojambo1
Im going, if there is a cash gate ;)

I refuse to pay ?3.50 booking fee, while the home support gets in for 12 quid.

Something should be done about this, it is unfair.

I expect upwards of 1K extra if a cash gate is announced.

Hearts no longer charge a fee if you pick up your tickets at the ticket centre Ericb.

no fee for cash in TO

I also object to going to the TO tomorrow. I'll struggle to get to the game for k.o as it is, and I aint hanging about in a queue afterwards.

Why can't I just turn up on Tuesday with 12 quid, like the people in the other three stands can? , its not like we're going to sell out.

Just got 3 this afternoon. Can't complain at ?12. There should be a good following there which as most folk have been saying excel when we hump the flumps!!

Hearts no longer charge a fee if you pick up your tickets at the ticket centre Ericb.

yeah unlike some people who paid by card m8 lol;);):P:p

I was checking londonhearts.com we played Motherwell at Hampden in a cup semi in 1952 attendance 98 thousand... it was a draw and only 80 thousand turned up for the replay... which was also a draw...second replay 68 thousand

bloody part time supporters

Where are these glory hunting part time fans now?! :527:

I think we will take over 2000 to the game.I also go on the Linlithgow bus and the fact that they are running a bus to an away day away fixture means that there is intrest in this game.:)

Bonnyrigg Hearts Supporters Club have not bought tickets yet. Will do so on Monday, when we have collected names AFTER today's result.......;)

Makes todays result pretty important I would say!!!!!!!!!

(hope the management?) use this as motivation..........

The Old Tolbooth

I was also there yesterday and bought 7 tickets PJ, I asked if we were in lower or upper and was told lower, row N, and that they hadnt even opened the upper tier yet.

Very poor show if all we've sold so far is up to row N in the lower section imo.

portobellojambo1
I was also there yesterday and bought 7 tickets PJ, I asked if we were in lower or upper and was told lower, row N, and that they hadnt even opened the upper tier yet.

Very poor show if all we've sold so far is up to row N in the lower section imo.

I am in Row N as well John, in fact everyone that has said where they are sitting have all said Row N. Maybe Motherwell have renamed all the rows N, just to help with administration and stewarding !!!!!!!!! :)

Anyway time for me to bounce into the shower then get dressed, the boozer opens in 1hr 15 minutes, and I have still to eat and phone a taxi as well.

The Old Tolbooth
I am in Row N as well John, in fact everyone that has said where they are sitting have all said Row N. Maybe Motherwell have renamed all the rows N, just to help with administration and stewarding !!!!!!!!! :)

Nothing would surprise me PJ lol!!

Its like fester road, there a hundred seats to a row!

Anyway time for me to bounce into the shower then get dressed, the boozer opens in 1hr 15 minutes, and I have still to eat and phone a taxi as well.

Taxi?! Ya lazy mink!!;)

portobellojambo1
Taxi?! Ya lazy mink!!;)

Are you going up the club Scotty. I will be leaving in around 10 minutes, should be up there for around 10:15 hopefully.

My liver feels particularly healthy today, don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing.

Its time to bring on the booze.

as a previous poster mentioned a lot of people dont / didnt realise that the game was all ticket,I know a lot of folk are popping in to the ticket office this morning before heading off to Robbos etc I still expect a decent support through

Are you going up the club Scotty. I will be leaving in around 10 minutes, should be up there for around 10:15 hopefully.

My liver feels particularly healthy today, don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing.

Its time to bring on the booze.

See ya there :527:

to be honest after the 1st game i thought bugger this, but i am a hearts supporter, so i am going to support my team, and hope evryone else goes to motherwell, we need to take a big support to this game and get right behind the boys.

it only ?12 so come on (feel a song coming on) make a noise the gorgie boys are going to europe.......;)

Anyone got an updated estimate on what we're likely to take through tomorrow night?

What's roughly our average at Fir Park? 1500 or so?

Archived