Used cars

jambogaz1968

Been looking for a new(used)car for the last 5 weeks but cant make up my mind what to get.

Was just about to buy a 307 but a mate stopped me at the last minute saying "Gaz mate...they car's have very bad reviews".

ok maybe but..........no car is perfect?

help me choose?

what are you driving and would you recommend it?

Been looking for a new(used)car for the last 5 weeks but cant make up my mind what to get.

Was just about to buy a 307 but a mate stopped me at the last minute saying "Gaz mate...they car's have very bad reviews".

help me choose?

What's your requirements?

Well.........big boot for my tools, cheap to run ect.

under ?3000

Thanks.

This will help the people advising on this thread however I dont really have a clue about cars so I will need to bow out.

Haha, That's very nice of you for helping out the advisers that may or may not contribute to this thread :thumbsup:

Konrad von Carstein

I would say you want one of the following: ford or vauxhall, any model, cheap to run, parts easy to find cheaply and given your budget perfect choice.

However the best cars I have owned were a Renault Clio followed by a Megane and my current car is an Alfa Romeo GT love it/her :ninja: .

Haha, That's very nice of you for helping out the advisers that may or may not contribute to this thread :thumbsup:

Your welcome.

Have you thought about getting a people carrier? Citroen Xsara Picasso or Vauxhall Zafira have loads of room and are cheap to run, especially the diesel ones.

Era Macaroons

help me choose?

Is this help you choose cars or help you choose mates? cos yer mate sounds like a dik, n 307s r pash.

Currently driving a Wrangler Jeep and yes I would.

Been looking at Vauxhall Zafira's

no bad like

Strangely, sitting here emailing away on the sofa with BBC America on. It's Top Gear and they just compared the Zafira with the Ford version. Ford won hands down in all departments.

i recently bought a year old astra.

i must admit , it is the closest to the perfect car i have ever known.

but , if you need large boot space(the astra does have a good size boot)then i would recommend the vectra.

i don't know loads about cars , but , after my last car , i do know this , never buy a fiat.

may go for the 307, how much discount should expect from a dealer when paying cash?

John Gentleman

Mazda 3. Now three years since I bought it (new) and hasn't missed a beat.

The Japanese - who also drive on the left - build their cars with the windae wipers and indicator controls 'correctly'.

Get a 6-8 year old Audi A4 for that price. get the Diesel 1.9 DTi (try and get the one with the red i as it has 15 more BHP)

Great car!

Miller Jambo 60

help me choose?

loads of mondeos going about now at good prices.

Great engines and parts are easy to get.

Mazda 3. Now three years since I bought it (new) and hasn't missed a beat.

The Japanese - who also drive on the left - build their cars with the windae wipers and indicator controls 'correctly'.

Had a Mazda 323 not to long along....very very reliable :thumbsup:

Get a 6-8 year old Audi A4 for that price. get the Diesel 1.9 DTi (try and get the one with the red i as it has 15 more BHP)

Great car!

Or a MK 4 Golf - same engine but might be a shade cheaper than the A3.

I would say you want one of the following: ford or vauxhall, any model, cheap to run, parts easy to find cheaply and given your budget perfect choice.

However the best cars I have owned were a Renault Clio followed by a Megane and my current car is an Alfa Romeo GT love it/her :ninja: .

really? i had nothing but troube with my megane and it was really expensive to get fixed and to run i thought

i can't really see past fords to be honest, as has already been said they are really economical and parts are cheap as chips if anything goes wrong

Or a MK 4 Golf - same engine but might be a shade cheaper than the A3.

he wanted a big boot.. the A4 is perfect

Had a Mondeo recently but the suspension was a bit suspect, very easily broken. I now have a BMW 530d Touring. Its the best car and engine I've ever had. You may find a 10 year old example for around the ?3k mark. Insist on a full service history though.

Well.........big boot for my tools, cheap to run ect.

under ?3000

you want a diesel vw passatt or a toyota avensis..

jap or jerry..

don't touch any of the following...

french

italian

british.. (i'm as big a patriot as you can get but the commies shag**d our car industry in the 70's,. and even then they were crap!!)..

check autotrader, used car section.. there will be a load of these on there.. all under 3000 as you can set that as your top price.

you want a diesel vw passatt or a toyota avensis..

jap or jerry..

don't touch any of the following...

french

italian

british.. (i'm as big a patriot as you can get but the commies shag**d our car industry in the 70's,. and even then they were crap!!)..

check autotrader, used car section.. there will be a load of these on there.. all under 3000 as you can set that as your top price.

forgot to mention honda accord aerodeck.. easily get one for less then your 3k and there has never, ever, ever been 1 single honda vtec engine sent back to factory as being unsound. thats out of over 15mill units sold worldwild!

Guest vanbasten1874

help me choose?

post-10080-0-14591200-1288476226_thumb.jpg get one of these you will love it plenty space for tools ****all else tho .

your new car is here..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201024361316391/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/price-from/0/model/passat/make/volkswagen/radius/60/quicksearch/true/page/1/postcode/eh548lf?logcode=p

i was saving it for myself but you can have it as i need to get rid of my current motor first!!

right colour aswell....

your new car is here..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201024361316391/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/price-from/0/model/passat/make/volkswagen/radius/60/quicksearch/true/page/1/postcode/eh548lf?logcode=p

i was saving it for myself but you can have it as i need to get rid of my current motor first!!

right colour aswell....

23mpg :down: and the wife dont like red :whistling:

post-10080-0-14591200-1288476226_thumb.jpg get one of these you will love it plenty space for tools ****all else tho .

I would love one of these but they are greedy basta' :turned: s

I've had a Skoda Fabia vRS for 3 years now, never had any problems with it.

Decent boot, good MPG and goes like stink for a deisel.

I've had a Skoda Fabia vRS for 3 years now, never had any problems with it.

Decent boot, good MPG and goes like stink for a deisel.

Or an Octavia. Very large boot, inexpensive to run and cheap to buy second hand because they aren't fashionable at all. Very practical car.

may go for the 307, how much discount should expect from a dealer when paying cash?

Stay well clear of these heaps of crap. Having worked in the motor trade I can confirm these should have been sent to the scrappies straight out the factory. Awful car.

Not a fan of the french cars, as always seem to end up with electrical problems.

Fords are decent, but they always end up with a whole lot of rust, god knows what they do differently to other makers.

Jap all the way for me. Honda accord should tick all your boxes.

23mpg :down: and the wife dont like red :whistling:

a car is only as economical as your right foot and driving style..

and tell the wife its your car, not hers!!

Stay well clear of these heaps of crap. Having worked in the motor trade I can confirm these should have been sent to the scrappies straight out the factory. Awful car.

Can you elaborate on this Lost Soul?

I had to stop driving earlier this year, but am hoping the DVLA medical lot will give me my licence back in April. I had a Peugeot 306 TD - a brilliant car, completely bullet proof. I'll be shpping in the same price bracket (circa ?3,000) as Jambogaz and a 307 diesel seemed like the obvious choice. What's wrong with it - intriguied.

Looks like it'll be the BMW 3 series diesel touring instead then...

Thanks for all the advice guys but ive just bought a Ford Focus 1.8 zetec

With all the advice on this thread what made you buy a Ford Focus?

On Kickback :unsure:

or was it What car website :whistling:

Really?

It seems the best advice on this thread was to buy a German or Japanese car?

Why did you rule out the above?

I am thinking for my next car to be a German or Japanese car from this thread.

Simples.......i liked the look of the Focus :woot:

Ahhhh so despite asking for advice on this thread for what car to buy you just went ahead and decided for yourself whilst practically ignoring all advice on this thread.

Kinda defeats the purpose of your thread ..........

:)

Archived