Would you stop following Hearts if we left Tynecastle?

Ryan Gosling

The stadium conundrum  

667 members have voted

1. 1. Would you stop following Hearts if we left Tynie?

• Of course not, I support Heart of Midlothian, not Tynecastle.
    • Yes.
    • No, but I wouldn't feel as committed.
    • Other (please state)

haven't been down to newcastle this season yet but i've still got my season ticket, it doesn't get used at all now because my dad died 5 weeks ago.

Crikey - sorry to hear that. You have had some rum luck in the last couple of years.

Do you not give the ticket away when you can't go?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. but I'd be very much against a move away from Tynecastle unless it was absolutely necessary, i.e. the club faced extinction and this was definitely our only option to continue.

This is my view too. There could be few things worse than moving to a soulless, out of town (centre) stadium. I've never subscribed to the "build it and they will come" theory where Hearts are concerned, but perhaps that's because over time I've come to the conclusion that Edinburgh's just not a football-daft city. It certainly doesn't seem to be working in Lochend so far.

Guest jambomickey

Crikey - sorry to hear that. You have had some rum luck in the last couple of years.

Do you not give the ticket away when you can't go?

sometimes when my uncle goes down i give my ticket to one of his mates but my uncle not even been down this season yet, even on sundays now i can't get down because my own team play on sunday mornings.

sometimes when my uncle goes down i give my ticket to one of his mates but my uncle not even been down this season yet, even on sundays now i can't get down because my own team play on sunday mornings.

Seems a bit of a waste, tbh.

Still, you work for your money, Michael - spend it as you wish.

Guest jambomickey

Seems a bit of a waste, tbh.

Still, you work for your money, Michael - spend it as you wish.

i agree with you mate it's a total waste of money and the mrs keeps telling me the same, with 2 young kids this probably be my last season buying newcastle season ticket! just buy my hearts season ticket from now on. :thumbsup:

Leg- edinburgh isn't football daft? I think it is but alot of factors have diluted the willingness of many to go to matches more often. I think Hearts fans are one of the most passionate around.

Leg- edinburgh isn't football daft? I think it is but alot of factors have diluted the willingness of many to go to matches more often. I think Hearts fans are one of the most passionate around.

Those of us who are football daft are football daft. It's just that there don't seem to be that many of us. I've never had any idea how it is that comparable population centres in England can attract attendances well over twice as high as the Edinburgh clubs manage. I know per head of population Scotland has higher attendances than anywhere else in Europe, but that's hugely distorted by the OF crowds. I'd like to think there is the potential for us to get a few thousand more for every home game, but if I'm being honest I don't really see us attracting 20,000+ on a regular basis. Times have changed and there are a lot more leisure options than a cold afternoon at the fitba'.

Those of us who are football daft are football daft. It's just that there don't seem to be that many of us. I've never had any idea how it is that comparable population centres in England can attract attendances well over twice as high as the Edinburgh clubs manage. I know per head of population Scotland has higher attendances than anywhere else in Europe, but that's hugely distorted by the OF crowds. I'd like to think there is the potential for us to get a few thousand more for every home game, but if I'm being honest I don't really see us attracting 20,000+ on a regular basis. Times have changed and there are a lot more leisure options than a cold afternoon at the fitba'.

Entirely depends on if we are competitive mate. Of course the clubs guff about 400,000 or whatever is entirely that but there are thousands of people out there who would start turning up to watch a successful Hearts team. Many of them would not have the same attachment to Tynie as the vast majority on here and would therefore in all likelihood enjoy doing it in modern 'fit for purpose' facilities.

I doubt if it would be the majority. In fact I'm sure a poll was done and most did attend games.

Ah, the famous KB poll. :whistling:

How many voted? The usual 100 or so? And how many members does KB have? :rolleyes:

Check on here on a match day. Virtually all of the main protagonists are invariably on here, NOT at Tynecastle. Fact.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

How many voted? The usual 100 or so? And how many members does KB have? :rolleyes:

Check on here on a match day. Virtually all of the main protagonists are invariably on here, NOT at Tynecastle. Fact.

You would know......:whistling:

You would know......:whistling:

Not sure what you're getting at. But one only has to look at the "offishul" match day thread at a later date to spot the kiddy-on fans.

I trust this clarifies matters, and you won't jump in with both feet again before thinking about what you're posting. Thanks for your cooperation. :thumbsup:

I'll be at the match and I am not interested enough in which posters attend matches to bother checking on my phone.

They're not. The vast majority of posters on KB don't actually attend games. They "support" Heart of Midlothian FC via the internet. Consequently, they are "stadium agnostic".

Excellent point, and my vote was cast accordingly.

Excellent point, and my vote was cast accordingly.

At least you'll have Rangers to fall back on if we do move. :whistling:

Miller Jambo 60

There have been people on the stadium thread who say they would stop going to games if we moved.

Personally, I would support Hearts if we played outside a cave in Bora Bora.

I love Tynceastle and would rather stay there but the club is bigger than where we play.

Snap.:thumbsup:

Archived