?3.5Million for Driver?

Fourcandles

Assuming it would be reinvested in the the team..........would you take it in the January window?

I'm sure thats what Burnley were touted as offereing in the summer?

:geek:

Snake Plissken

129065226180439461.jpg

The money would not have been invested back in the team so your point, which has been posed a mere 600 times, is moot.

I suspect we've all forgotten how good a player Driver can be, whether or not he'll be the same when he gets back, is something we'll just have to wait and see about.

We don't need to invest 3.5 mil into the team.we are riddled with debt and have a good squad.

Wish we had sold him last year tho.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

At the time of the offer from Burnley, Hearts were struggling for attacking players. Suso was not the player he is now. The likes of Temps and Novi had not come to the fore and Rudi's signing was well over the horizon. Nade The Tank was the only attacking option.

With Hearts' current squad, an offer of 3.5M for Driver (ignoring his injury problems) would likely be accepted by Vlad.

To be honest, when Driver does become available I cannot see where JJ would fit him into the starting line-up.

I would question where Driver would fit into this current team? In place of Suso or Skacel? :mellow:

Templeton and Novikovas are good backup. I'm a fan of Driver, but it's more and more looking like we don't miss him.

I would question where Driver would fit into this current team? In place of Suso or Skacel? :mellow:

Templeton and Novikovas are good backup. I'm a fan of Driver, but it's more and more looking like we don't miss him.

i would suggest that there will always be room for someone of drivers quality. rudi is 31 and players like that seldom go a season without injury. i also see big advantages in playing rudi through the middle, driver left and suso right (or alternatively try driver through the middle). there is still a lack of a quality attack minded or creative central midfielder so between driver/skacel i am hoping that gap will be filled. at the moment the team looks well balanced and i wouldnt change 1 player in it but that won`t stay the same. injuries and suspensions will kick in and driver will end up in the side. once that happens he will be hard to budge.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hindsight is always 20/20.

At the time of the offer from Burnley, Hearts were struggling for attacking players. Suso was not the player he is now. The likes of Temps and Novi had not come to the fore and Rudi's signing was well over the horizon. Nade The Tank was the only attacking option.

With Hearts' current squad, an offer of 3.5M for Driver (ignoring his injury problems) would likely be accepted by Vlad.

To be honest, when Driver does become available I cannot see where JJ would fit him into the starting line-up.

i would suggest that there will always be room for someone of drivers quality. rudi is 31 and players like that seldom go a season without injury. i also see big advantages in playing rudi through the middle, driver left and suso right (or alternatively try driver through the middle). there is still a lack of a quality attack minded or creative central midfielder so between driver/skacel i am hoping that gap will be filled. at the moment the team looks well balanced and i wouldnt change 1 player in it but that won`t stay the same. injuries and suspensions will kick in and driver will end up in the side. once that happens he will be hard to budge.

This is what seperates us from the OF though isn't it? It is all about what you have in your squad. A team like Rangers or Celtic will always have more quality players fighting for a starting spot and a stronger bench. If we have the likes of Driver, Temps and Novikovas as back up for the attacking options then we are less likely to have to take the foot of the gas against teams when injuries pile up or players tire from giving Rudi/Suso-esque performances in the first half of matches. The biggest problem is whether or not we can afford to carry such a strong squad as that puts operating costs up significantly.

If we do get Wallace and Driver fit and they come back and play for the rest of the season before being sold for something like 5mil between them, then we would only need to add a left back to our team to still be very decent and significantly improve the balance sheet.

All from about 2/3 years ago, I could make a similar one for Kingston...would people like him back?

driver played well when he played last year. in what way is the driver situation even comparable to kingston?

portobellojambo1

I think it is more a case of trying to look harder and seeing potentially how much better we will be with him in the team. He is still only 22 years old, and there is scope for a fully fit Driver, playing as he was to net HMFC a hell of a lot more than ?3.5 million if or when he eventually moves on. Football is won and lost by how the team do on the park, not by the amount of money showing in the bank balance. We don't need to sell, so why do so.

No I wouldnt. He's one of if not the best player at the club when fit so I'd rather have him in the team. Where he fits in is jefferies problem and not a bad one to have.

All from about 2/3 years ago, I could make a similar one for Kingston...would people like him back?

Eh? Driver's 22 ffs. That video shows what he's capable of, surely he can only get better.

There is not a player in the squad that is worth anything in excess of ?3 Million.

We are on the road to balancing the books and sales in the millions will help us hugely.

Archived