Zaliukas

jamborich

Take a bow son absolutely magnificent.

I'm pleased Rudi stole the show but you sir deserve credit for balancing a sinking ship

I have bad mouthed the shit out of Zali and called him for everything, I still feel he will offer up moments of madness, however, Iam more than happy to eat my words and say the big man has been solid and without him we struggle badly at the back. The whole team seems to have taken a lift from him coming back and it goes to show he must be a strong character in the dressing room. Keep it up zali!

He is the rock holding our defence together

Barr and Ruben esp look like players when he is there to guide them

Give it for captain Zal

Just got home from the game and as much as I will remember Rudi's goals and Suso's performance today the run Zal made straight up the middle of the park was something to see. It just opened up in front of him and it was a very unselfish pass to Rudi which so nearly paid of. Talking about the match with my boy on the drive back down it was the thing we kept returning to, along with his excellent overall performance.

With Zal in the team we could well make 3rd.Dont see it without him.Best CB outwith OF by a country mile.How others dont see it is beyond me but thats fitba.

bigbryanthejambo

I have bad mouthed the shit out of Zali and called him for everything, I still feel he will offer up moments of madness, however, Iam more than happy to eat my words and say the big man has been solid and without him we struggle badly at the back. The whole team seems to have taken a lift from him coming back and it goes to show he must be a strong character in the dressing room. Keep it up zali!

I echo this post entirely. Thank you for making me eat my words Zali !!!

Cardiac Rucksack

The run was big Shirleyesque, I fancy our Captain for a goal at the san Giro.

Do do do Marius Zaliukas.

Some on here will know I aint a big fan of Zaliukas. I feel he is far too lax at the back, with poor concentration and distribution.

He was excellent yesterday, it is no exaggeration to say that is the best I have seen him play for Hearts. If he can keep that up (always his issue IMO) then he can go on to be a strong player for us.

I think Zaliukas had his easiest game in a Hearts jersey yesterday.

I don't think I have seen a Hearts centre half stroll a game so easily.

Cardiac Rucksack

Some on here will know I aint a big fan of Zaliukas. I feel he is far too lax at the back, with poor concentration and distribution.

He was excellent yesterday, it is no exaggeration to say that is the best I have seen him play for Hearts. If he can keep that up (always his issue IMO) then he can go on to be a strong player for us.

You'll come round he hasnt made a mistake this season. If you think he was good yesterday his performace last week was twice as good.

spot the difference...

edinburghcastle1.jpg

0,,10289~3713585,00.jpg

correct! the top one shows marius with edinburgh castle on his heid.

You'll come round he hasnt made a mistake this season. If you think he was good yesterday his performace last week was twice as good.

I wasn't at Aberdeen so cannot comment, but would be surprised if he was twice as good last week tbh. Played really well yesterday and I'm not sure he has a performance twice as good as that in him.

Had his dispute with the club heirarchy, resolved it and is now making up for the lost time with proper Captain's performances.

Working hard to get the fans back on his side in the only way a footballer should.

Hats off to the big lump.

Zal is one of those players hearts fans find it hard to praise for some reason. Maybe it is the Vlad lith thing i do not know.But zal yesterday had an excellent match reminded me of Elvis or levein in there hay days.He is our best defender at the club for sure.Well done captain fantastic :thumbsup:

Shut outs back to back speaks for itself since his return. Not beyond us to continue that next week and that would send us into the derby with great confidence esp if we are still doing it at the other end.

I thought he had a shakey start to the game yesterday but eventually settled down.

Would agree with you up to a point. Maybe "shakey" is the wrong word, two or three mis-placed passes early doors but didn't let it get to him and played a blinder for the last hour.

Take a bow son absolutely magnificent.

I'm pleased Rudi stole the show but you sir deserve credit for balancing a sinking ship

I've said many times that Zal is the best central defender in the SPL.

Still think he's an utter trumpet but as long as he turns out performances like that (preferably whilst under contract to us) I couldn't care less :)

Well done Zal, you were superb yesterday.

Has made an absolutely massive difference in the last couple of weeks.

Wallace will clearly strengthen the left back position but who should play at right back ? Not convinced by Barr at all and neither Thomson has deserved to keep the place. Personally I think Mrowiec and Jonsson are giving us some much needed solidity but when Driver returns will we see Skacel moved to a central midfield role beside Mrowiec with Eggert at right back ?

Just got home from the game and as much as I will remember Rudi's goals and Suso's performance today the run Zal made straight up the middle of the park was something to see. It just opened up in front of him and it was a very unselfish pass to Rudi which so nearly paid of. Talking about the match with my boy on the drive back down it was the thing we kept returning to, along with his excellent overall performance.

I actually thought he should have played the pass earlier. Decent run, exactly what you want to see from your captain, but if he'd released the pass a stride before, Rudi was clear.

So, it's taken 4 years, but it would appear that Zaliukas has made himself a first name on the teamsheet type player.

I'd have had him chased out the club way before now, and I do have to question, if he has a good full season, whether one good full season is worth what we have had to put up with for the previous 4 years, but it is apparent he is fairly crucial to our central defence these days

Whilst this may say something about the lack of quality in this position at the club, you can only defend what you play against in the SPL and 2 clean sheets since his return I think is a measure of success

I always said previously we had more clean sheets with him out the team, now we appear to have more when he is in the team. I do recall some previously disagreeing that a clean sheet was the be all and end all of whether or not your defence was any good (I mean what a load of bollox) but I presume these same people will have changed their tune now.

Anyway, well done Marius, keep it up

I actually thought he should have played the pass earlier. Decent run, exactly what you want to see from your captain, but if he'd released the pass a stride before, Rudi was clear.

I agree, he seemed to be in two minds about whether to have a dig himself or make the pass and by the time he made his decision Rudi was getting closed down. I actually think I would have liked to see him have had a go himself.

So, it's taken 4 years, but it would appear that Zaliukas has made himself a first name on the teamsheet type player.

I'd have had him chased out the club way before now, and I do have to question, if he has a good full season, whether one good full season is worth what we have had to put up with for the previous 4 years, but it is apparent he is fairly crucial to our central defence these days

Whilst this may say something about the lack of quality in this position at the club, you can only defend what you play against in the SPL and 2 clean sheets since his return I think is a measure of success

I always said previously we had more clean sheets with him out the team, now we appear to have more when he is in the team. I do recall some previously disagreeing that a clean sheet was the be all and end all of whether or not your defence was any good (I mean what a load of bollox) but I presume these same people will have changed their tune now.

Anyway, well done Marius, keep it up

Jammy has someone stole your log on :lol:

Commander Harris

I wasn't at Aberdeen so cannot comment, but would be surprised if he was twice as good last week tbh. Played really well yesterday and I'm not sure he has a performance twice as good as that in him.

he was unbelievably good at Aberdeen.

Cardiac Rucksack

he was unbelievably good at Aberdeen.

Aberdeen, for all they are gash, have better strikers. He kept them quieter than the Midden front boys. He was outstanding. :thumbsup:

Watch the chance again mate, you will see the defender is still close to rudi until zal comes a bit closer. Then he leaves rudi to get the ball off zal, who in return releases rudi ! It's almost the perfect pass and finish !

Love zal for ages, he needs to check the ego a wee bit now and again tho !

Jammy has someone stole your log on :lol:

I know - mental

nothing really changed for an age with zali so my opinion of him didn't. i'm not entirely entenched in my views....

I sure he will still erse things up from time to time though!

Archived