Desert Island Derby

the crofter

If you could take the highlights of ONE derby game to your desert island - which one would it be.

Now it would be very obvious to say the semi at hamdump but I'm looking for a bit more imagination than that. In fact, you can have TWO desert island derbies.....if one of them is the semi.... let's try and conjuer up some real derby memories.

Colquhoun's two at Easter road, Gary Mackay netting at both ends in the 4-1 Ne'er day game... that's the type of thing I'm after.

Would have to be Super Wayne in the Cup at ER. Not JUST the goal and celebrations, but also afterwards when we passed the barrier keeping the filth away from the Jambos and some old soak, grizzled and wearing his best 70's denim, pipes up

"ah've never even heard o' Wayne Foster"!

In his boozle-addled hobo world not knowing a player clearly nullified the result!

Pished myself all the way up Easter Road. :D

From Perth to Paisley

Kevin McKenna and Phil Stamp

We were totally outplayed. Should have been soundly beaten.

But 2 balls from Janny and suddenly we were winning at Easter Road. The scenes all around me were amazing - I think I fell into the row in front of me.

I remember having enourmous black bruises on the back of my legs for weeks afterwords.

Would have to be the first derby after our return from the abyss in 1983. A great game with a young Robbo getting his first two against the ****. His winner was a thing of beauty sending the mass of young punks and skins in the corner of the shed into a frenzy. Great days, when baldness was a choice for some of us!!

lost in leith

"4-2 and you fecked it up"

3-2 game in 83 was a favourite too. First league derby in over 4 years, down twice if I remember correctly.

Game in 2000 when Gary McSwegan's headed gave us victory and Europe :)

Would have to be the first derby after our return from the abyss in 1983. A great game with a young Robbo getting his first two against the ****. His winner was a thing of beauty sending the mass of young punks and skins in the corner of the shed into a frenzy. Great days, when baldness was a choice for some of us!!

I'm with you Janie. I missed the 4 -1 game in the 70's and can't remember many Hearts wins against the Hobos before '83. This game was a real turning point. I can remember thinking I'd never see us beating these bassa's which seems hard to believe now.

Me and you both CC. When we were in the First Division I remember we were all so desperate for a derby game there were 10,000 midweek for a East of Scotland Shield game at ER!!

We lost one nil and I got filled by the Hibees at St James bus station waiting for the bus home to Broxburn, not a great night!

Although we didnae win, the 4-4 game at tynie a few years back was brilliant. Felt like a win to me.

Like so many others I never saw the fourth, I'd got up to leave after they went 4-2 up, saw the third half way down the stairs and thought it was only consolation....best home draw we've ever had.

I was just checking out londonhearts.com some great derby memories on there.

"the game's not over 'til the fat striker scoes" anyone?

Oh!, and in case I hadn't mentioned it......FTH

Glasgow Jambo

2-0 at Tynie. Robbo and Quitongo (?) think about 98. Was my first derby. And 3-2 last year. Miko done good!!

01/04/07 "BRING ON THE WEE CUP"

THE HEARTS ARE HAVING A PARTY

"BIG TEAM BIG CUP WEE TEAM WEE CUP"

best atmoshere at fester road for a few years the only other time was "Wayne Fosters super goal"

Am I the only one that thinks 4-4 was a travesty we should have gubbed them that day

Nope - I shouted something like - you lucky chaps, a bit against the run of play when they scored their 4th. Then I told my son we were leaving, 45 seconds later I told him we were staying. About a minute later we were dancing as Weir made it 4-4.

Still gutted we didn't win though - if only there had been another 2 mins!

Other than the semi and 2-1 with stamp I would say the first 4-0 humping we gave them. Rudi getting the first. Watched his celebration right infront of me and went mad.

Sat 15 Sep 1990

Premier

Hibernian 0

Hearts 3

Sandy Clark was in charge, they tried to invade the pitch. The haymaker from the Hearts fan on the Hibbe when he tried to attack Robbo. Classic game, electric atmosphere! I thought Robbo had scored a hat-trick!

Am I the only one that thinks 4-4 was a travesty we should have gubbed them that day

no. i was thinking the same thing walking out the ground that day, 5-2 would have been about right.

that would be my desert island derby for sure, it had everything. its such a shame that a full length copy of the game doesn't exist.

Archived