inbetweeners

Muppetboy

went out on a high i thought. was creasing myself at some parts last night. film cant come quick enough.

The film will be good but after that i think it has run its course. Only a couple of episodes from this series have been as funny as the first series i would say.

Some classic one liners though. King Kongs Finger was a highlight for me last night.

The bit where Jay and Neil were holding the car, and then decide to let go was funny. Was pishing myself when Neil does the rear window in, after the car is in the water. :lol:

The bit where Jay and Neil were holding the car, and then decide to let go was funny. Was pishing myself when Neil does the rear window in, after the car is in the water. :lol:

Same, and while anyone could have seen him spewing in the tent I still near ended myself when he did it on the back of Will's head...still funny even though it's a 'regurgitated' joke from season 1.

The People's Chimp

Thought the series has been pretty poor. It was quite an original idea and while the humour was utterly puerile, it was very funny. This series has had a few cringe moments, but not too many laugh out high points, and the writing just hasn't been as sharp - I've found myself more prone to thinking they're total ****s than actually sympathising with them.

Probably the fashion show episode was this series' high water mark.

I really don't know what a film is going to hold; has it been filmed or is to be filmed? They really look a lot older now as well.

Sterling Archer

Nothing will ever beat him punching that fish.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQKk99I3wTQ

Edited by Uncle Rico

The best episode was the field trip one at the start of Season 2. I was actually in pain watching the boat bit, from falling in the water, catching a fish and punching it to death then shooting the flare 50 yards from the dock. I'm chuckling just thinking about it.

"You're insurance will cover it"

"Oh yeah, under third party fire and my mate threw it in the water"

:D :D

The best episode was the field trip one at the start of Season 2. I was actually in pain watching the boat bit, from falling in the water, catching a fish and punching it to death then shooting the flare 50 yards from the dock. I'm chuckling just thinking about it.

Sorry best ever one was :

Series 1 Episode 2

The one were they bunk off school, spray paint carly's drive way, throw up on her little brother, then accuse Neil's Dad of touching them !

Stupid Sexy Flanders

went out on a high i thought. was creasing myself at some parts last night. film cant come quick enough.

If only to find out what the text back from Carli said...

I can't wait!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Gilbert's face as Neil was describing what had happened with the girl from the cheese counter was brilliant.

:laugh:

Gilbert, along with Donovan, Charlotte and Carli were hugely underused in this series. Mostly Gilbert.

Gilbert, along with Donovan, Charlotte and Carli were hugely underused in this series. Mostly Gilbert and Charlotte

Fixed that for you.

I thought it really went downhill this series.

They increased Jay's bullshitting too much and the situations were just a bit too unrealistic.

Yes Jay is a total dick and Neil is dumb as hell but they aren't big enough tools to let the car just fall into the river. They basically took all of the traits of the characters that used to be funny and then overdid them.

BoJack Horseman

They increased Jay's bullshitting too much and the situations were just a bit too unrealistic.

Yes Jay is a total dick and Neil is dumb as hell but they aren't big enough tools to let the car just fall into the river. They basically took all of the traits of the characters that used to be funny and then overdid them.

I don't know about that. I think they knew they were going to take it to the extremes as it got progressively worse. Last nights lies were just so far fetched.

What really bothered me about this series was the way Simon's character developed. He went from being slightly awkward to all out aspergers.

Would agree with this. The characters have basically become charicatures of the same parts in the previous series. It just all seemed a bit forced and has already been alluded to, the peripheral characters were scandolously under used this series.

Gilbert, along with Donovan, Charlotte and Carli were hugely underused in this series. Mostly Gilbert.

Good point this.

One of the best things about The Inbetweeners was how they interact with other people. Too much of just the 4 of them taking the piss out of eachother.

Sorry best ever one was :

Series 1 Episode 2

The one were they bunk off school, spray paint carly's drive way, throw up on her little brother, then accuse Neil's Dad of touching them !

:Agree:

That and the one with Patrice the French exchange student :lol:

The Official Inbetweeners Drinking Game....

Rule One - Every time Jay utters the words "clunge", "gash", "spunk", "bell-end" or the phrase "up to the balls", down a shot.

Rule Two - Every time Jay utters a phrase for the female anatomy or his own genitalia that you have never heard used before, down another shot.

Rule Three - Each time someone refers to Neil's dad being gay, polish off a glass of wine.

Rule Four - Crack into the vodka whenever there's any gag about bodily fluids.

Rule Five - Drink a double when the phrases "humping" or "porking" are used to refer to sexual intercourse.

Rule Six - Drink a can of cheap cider every time the boys attempt to get served for alcohol, "pull some birds" or end up rubbing up headteacher Mr Gilbert the wrong way.

Rule Seven - If Will ends up tied up, bullied or gagged and bound in an unusual manner then have two fingers of your favourite tipple.

Rule Eight - If Jay tells a tall story and ends it with the word "fact", crack into the whiskey. eg. "It's the Camber Sands meeting this weekend, which is always a massive orgy!" "Guess who just got a blowie behind the decks!"

Rule Nine - At any point Simon looks dewy-eyed about a member of the female sex, chug a pint of Stella.

Rule Ten - If there's any reference to Simon, Jay or Neil wanting to have sex with Will's mum, knock back any remaining drinks.

Rule Eleven - Everytime Mr Gilbert refers to someone by their surname only, have a shot

Rule Twelve - Anytime a joke about someone is met with the reply, "Brilliant", finish whatever drink you have at that time

Yeah I have been slightly disappointed with this one. I think they played on the character's traits too much.

I also didn't like the tent scene - became too purile if possible.

That said still some of the best British Comedy in recent years. I'll be buying the boxset.

Favourite episode is the old folks home one when Will shoves a wig down his trousers....

Decent series not as good as the 1st two. Don't think it's in the classic British comedy category though.

I found myself getting irritated by the characters, especially Will and Neil. Will's goody-too shoes persona overplayed (I wish one of them would knock him out!) and Neil's slightly annoying dumbness. Sometimes he is funny but sometimes it's cringeworthy (maybe its the way the actor puts across his lines, don't rate him that much).

Jay's character is the best thing in it by far.

Arthur Morgan

I loved all 3 of the series tbh.

I was a bit sad knowing that last night's episode was the last one :(

I'm really looking forward to the film though :thumbsup:

Edited by jollyjambo1874

• 9 years later...

Only fools, Fawlty towers, The Sweeney, The Professionals will follow Little Britain and gone with the wind in the the outraged hit list. 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

FFS. Before long we’ll all be forced to laugh along to Citizen Khan

Oh dear. 

Been that long since I watched the Inbetweeners but what was racist about it?

Only fools and horses was a programme of its time and had racist elements. But you have to take it in context surely?

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

There was nothing racist about it and no one has said there is. 

Just asking since someone said it was being taken down in the same sense that little Britain is. 

I now realise that it is down to right to rights l.

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just asking since someone said it was being taken down in the same sense that little Britain is. 

I now realise that it is down to right to rights l.

Even the Little Britain thing for me is absurd. The only racist elements I can really recall is the 'blacking up' of characters, and even then I honestly don't get how that is so offensive unless its done in a manner to offend the race.

There was the 'black friends' sketch, and the older lady who constantly threw up eating anything made by someone of another race or sexuality, but for me, the jokes of all them was on the absurdity that there are real white people like that in the world, the joke wasn't on the minorities.