X Factor betting

Jeepers

I have no stake in Betfred any more; besides, it never made a difference to my pay whether folk won or lost. :)

Also, until proof is obtained, I shall regard your bet as fictional, and therefore of no consequence. :thumbsup:

Hows these phone calls to the BetFred branches going? :whistling:

You can regard at is fictional if you like. No skin off my nose. B)

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bet's a bet.

I can afford to spend ?1000 on a bet.

Whats the difference between betting it on a talent show and betting it on a horse or a dog? A 9/2 shot is a 9/2 shot whatever the event.

So the answer to my question is no then?

So the answer to my question is no then?

Obviously I see the difference.

I just assumed it was precedent that every gambler on this forum had to provide proof of a bet before it was seen as legitimate.

Or is it just those with higher stake bets?

Daydream Believer

SAFE!

OP moves closer to ?5,500.

If nothing else, the bet will provide weeks worth of excitement.

I just assumed it was precedent that every gambler on this forum had to provide proof of a bet before it was seen as legitimate.

If you start a thread boasting about how you stuck a grand on a TV talent contest, it's not unreasonable for those reading it to ask for proof.

Lower stakes are so much easier to believe, as you fine well know. Although I do remember one poster posting his betting slip before the event (It was Acey whilst betting on Hearts vs Elgin if I remember correctly).

Where did wibble go??

Classic sarcasm jeepers, using the old Lothian Road gag on us unsuspecting JKB'ers. I trust you will be shortlisted for next years fringe?

Where did wibble go??

Classic sarcasm jeepers, using the old Lothian Road gag on us unsuspecting JKB'ers. I trust you will be shortlisted for next years fringe?

Uh.... NNuh.

I never started this thread to boast, Acey. I was wanting to see if anyone else had punts on the X Factor, hence the title of the thread. Or indeed, if anyone thought it was a decent bet.

But to those who wanted to see him evicted tonight....a massive GIRFUY. :woot: :woot: :woot:

(Look Acey, I can post in size 7 text for more effect aswell! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Great stuff. Maybe one day you'll be funny. :thumbsup:

[modedit]

Anyway just stuck ?200,000 on Wagner to win - but I lost the slip so you will just have to take my word for it.

If nothing else, the bet will provide weeks worth of excitement.

Yup. Something to keep us ticking over for a few weeks in case it should ever get too dull in here.

[modedit]

Anyway just stuck ?200,000 on Wagner to win - but I lost the slip so you will just have to take my word for it.

Joke's been done to death Tucks.

The negativity on this thread is unbelievable. :yucky:

Joke's been done to death Tucks.

The negativity on this thread is unbelievable. :yucky:

It is only a joke if I was joking.

Tynecastle Valhalla

if it is true that you bet on this then i hope he does win and you get your wager.

that is one ballsy bet!!

Any texts yet?

My Musselburgh mole is checking tomorrow.

I'm not going to lie, I've rarely wanted anyone to lose a bet more than this. If it loses, instant classic, imo.

I'm not going to lie, I've rarely wanted anyone to lose a bet more than this. If it loses, instant classic, imo.

What? I thought my bet wasn't real though? You already found me out Acey.

Remember the multiple hilarious emoticons, over the top, oversized fonts and block capitals?

The nervous shaking running through your fingers as you typed when you so cleverly outed me.

Don't even wait for those texts, you already sussed me.

That will do, pig, that'll do.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Ditto. I will genuinely light a cigar and have a glass of champagne if this fantasy bet fails.

What? I thought my bet wasn't real though? You already found me out Acey.

Remember the multiple hilarious emoticons, over the top, oversized fonts and block capitals?

The nervous shaking running through your fingers as you typed when you so cleverly outed me.

Don't even wait for those texts, you already sussed me.

That will do, pig, that'll do.

:lol: That boy ain't right.

The only way that you're guaranteed to look silly is if this Cardle fellow doesn't win, so that'll do for me. :thumbsup:

Ditto. I will genuinely light a cigar and have a glass of champagne if this fantasy bet fails.

Has anyone seen AP and Wagner in the same room?

This is what they could look like on hearing the news that Jeepers has lost his bet.

jimenez-miguelangel_2417522.jpg

Daydream Believer

:lol: That boy ain't right.

The only way that you're guaranteed to look silly is if this Cardle fellow doesn't win, so that'll do for me. :thumbsup:

Seems somewhat harsh.

The only argument is over whether he has placed the bet or not. You don't think he has. If he has placed the bet, why would you want him to lose out on ?5,500?

Seems somewhat harsh.

The only argument is over whether he has placed the bet or not. You don't think he has. If he has placed the bet, why would you want him to lose out on ?5,500?

He's a bookie. He knew the Lothian Road branch was closed. For 5 months. Top boy Acey is.

Think, I'll take a leaf out of Miguel Wagner Jimenez's book and not rise to the baiting anymore. :calm:

The Old Tolbooth

To be fair, Jeepers doesn't need Matt Cardle to win the comp if he sticks to his plan of laying the bet off when down to the last 3, he stands to win a lesser amount but a profit is a profit and I reckon going on the sound of their singing abilities that there are only 3 or 4 that can win it, and Cher isn't one of them! (god I hate that lassie singing)

Having just read a few pages of this thread, all i can say is WOW.

Vintage Kickback.

FWIW, he didn't put the bet on. FACT!

Having just read a few pages of this thread, all i can say is WOW.

Vintage Kickback.

FWIW, he didn't put the bet on. FACT!

OPINION!

This thread:

TRAINWRECK.jpg

No one's really covering themselves in glory, are they?

Probably not.

All I've been doing is defending myself though.

Snake Plissken

Probably not.

No.

You've been attention-seeking.

If you genuinely wished to defend yourself, scanning your slip would do so in one move and every single person who doubted you would admit defeat. You will excuse us for doubting you'd put a four figure sum on the outcome of a shitty talent show. It's a sad day when strangers cannot accept unlikely tales at face value from other strangers but these are the times we live in.

No.

You've been attention-seeking.

If you genuinely wished to defend yourself, scanning your slip would do so in one move and every single person who doubted you would admit defeat. You will excuse us for doubting you'd put a four figure sum on the outcome of a shitty talent show. It's a sad day when strangers cannot accept unlikely tales at face value from other strangers but these are the times we live in.

I've given full and frank reasons why I won't do it. Let it go Teenwolf. <_<

Things have got a little out of hand with everyone queuing up to have a go at me for something as petty as a little picture IMO.

Yes, it IS a shitty talent show, why do I have to explain my reasons to bet on it to a stranger? Need I remind you that its already looking a decent bet with his odds having slashed from 9/2 to 5/2? Shitty talent show or not, if there's a way to make money I would think people would want in on it. :thumbsup:

if nothing else, I hope this thread has made people a few bob (People who have been decent about my investment that is ;) )

BoJack Horseman

I've given full and frank reasons why I won't do it. Let it go Teenwolf. <_<

Things have got a little out of hand with everyone queuing up to have a go at me for something as petty as a little picture IMO.

Yes, it IS a shitty talent show, why do I have to explain my reasons to bet on it to a stranger? Need I remind you that its already looking a decent bet with his odds having slashed from 9/2 to 5/2? Shitty talent show or not, if there's a way to make money I would think people would want in on it. :thumbsup:

if nothing else, I hope this thread has made people a few bob (People who have been decent about my investment that is ;) )

No. You haven't.

I P Knightley

Probably not.

You're not the only one failing to cover himself in glory.

8 pages???? Sheesh...!

8 pages???? Sheesh...!

If you keep talking like my parents I'm going to cover you in my glory... :ninja:

I can't believe that anyone would put a large amount of money on something that is voted for by the British public. You have to remember that how good they are is only part of the answer, it's more about who is paying to vote. There will be lot's of Hibbies, lot's of Weedgies, lots of English. Do you really trust that lot to vote appropriately?

I P Knightley

If you keep talking like my parents I'm going to cover you in my glory... :ninja:

Brave attempt to salvage the thread there :)

Daydream Believer

I can't believe that anyone would put a large amount of money on something that is voted for by the British public. You have to remember that how good they are is only part of the answer, it's more about who is paying to vote. There will be lot's of Hibbies, lot's of Weedgies, lots of English. Do you really trust that lot to vote appropriately?

But he fits the patern of who people vote for. He's a decent singer, isn't up his own arse and seems quite likeable and a bit nervous. I will be astonished if he doesn't make the last 3. Which makes 9/2 seem like quite a good bet.

But he fits the patern of who people vote for. He's a decent singer, isn't up his own arse and seems quite likeable and a bit nervous. I will be astonished if he doesn't make the last 3. Which makes 9/2 seem like quite a good bet.

Exactly, I've been watching these shows for a while. Sad I know. He seems to tick a lot of the boxes. Rags to riches storyline, quite shy and resvered about his talent. No gimics. Big voice.

I'm telling you guys, bit of confidence and a little more styling and the guy could be a star (X Factor type star, not proper musical stardom). Simon is already starting to see the potential going by his comments on Saturday. You know it makes sense Cowell. :thumbsup:

8 pages???? Sheesh...!

Unless you have anything interesting to say on the thread matter then stop adding to it....SHEESH

Unless you have anything interesting to say on the thread matter then stop adding to it....SHEESH

Easy, old boy, don't get your incontinence pants in a twist.

Sheesh.

I regret having added (and indeed, adding again) to this thread. Easily one of the worst in Kickback history.

:(

I'm only joking, but seriously early fifties is not old.

Now back off to the home with you. :thumbsup:

I'm only joking, but seriously early fifties is not old.

Now back off to the home with you. :thumbsup:

Clearly you're never gonna respect your elders. :rolleyes:

Archived