X Factor betting

Jeepers

The funny thing is of course that he'd have been cheaper buying himself another telly and putting it in another room (surely with ?1000 kicking about he has more than one room that could house a tv) and watching something else rather than "betting" on someone to "make it interesting".

I have already stated this .. however our "hero" cant/wont do this.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More money than sense. (nap)

Jeepers, you know that you can put all this to bed by posting a scan of your bet, right? I have no idea what you have to gain by waiting until the result is know, if you're going to do it either way.

I'll only say this once more. HOPEFULLY. :lol:

Just read the thread and that will tell you everything you will need to know about my reasons for not scanning the bet. Il show the losing bet (if it proves to be that) a bet which will be of no use to anyone. I'll collect the money if it comes in and hopefully they will let me keep the slip. AFTER I've collected the money, I will post it on here along with my winnings, knowing full well that it won't be able to be claimed.

Anyone else asking for a scan in the coming weeks, months will be directed back to this post.

Why dont we turn this thread into a X Factor imaginary bet thread:

I have ?1,000,000 on Treyc Cohen @ 16/1 at William Hill on Gorgie Road! I like to keep it local!

However ..... I WILL NOT provide any screen caps or scans of my bet.

Thanks.

... trust me

I have ?1,000,000 on Treyc Cohen @ 16/1 at William Hill on Gorgie Road! I like to keep it local!

Thanks.

... trust me

Original gag.

She's top 4 at best though. Get on Matt C B):)

Thanks.

... trust me

This made me laugh.

Good luck though! :whistling:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I put a billion on that Aiden Grimshaw at the Willie Hills in Newington that shut 5 years ago.

I put a billion on that Aiden Grimshaw at the Willie Hills in Newington that shut 5 years ago.

He was joint favourite along with Matt until tonights massacre of a John Lennon classic.

Sorry to break the news.

I'll see you guys for the eviction tomorrow night.

Don't let the thread go too much off topic.

Oh, and get calling for Matty C to win. We need your votes Lads and lasses.

I'll see you guys for the eviction tomorrow night.

Don't let the thread go too much off topic.

Oh, and get calling for Matty C to win. We need your votes Lads and lasses.

I'll vote for him too Jeepers!

Even if it just wipes the smug grin off the usual posters!

:ermm:

I don't think my next performance appraisal is going to go well.

In fairness I think you have done yourself a fair self appraisal.

I don't really see your value especially in these tough times.

Dexter: Takes care of background IT stuff

Mods: Take care of the board

Ulysses: ??????

Whats happened to kickback? Since the whole irvine jambo situation nobody trusts each other!

I believe you jeepers, unless you start telling us your a boxing champ and have a bollywood wife!!

Betting is for manly sports like Football, boxing, racing etc

X factor is for blokes who's missus won't let them go to the pub on a saturday night

I just can't get my head around an x factor fan even being in a bookies (except a ?1 e/w on the national)

I'm not going to explain everything again, but if you read through the whole thread you will see me giving my reasons for not disclosing information about my bet. I've made two "piss poor" attempts at sarcasm so have been quite rightly identified as a bullshitter.

Unfortunately sarcasm is hard to portray on an online forum.

Proof isnt though. Proof which will be provided after the X Factor result is known.

You're right. It is difficult. And you're among the best, most honest posters on this board.

You're right. It is difficult. And you're among the best, most honest posters on this board.

Just be sure to stay tuned for the outcome young Thommo.

:calm:

Just read the thread and that will tell you everything you will need to know about my reasons for not scanning the bet. Il show the losing bet (if it proves to be that) a bet which will be of no use to anyone. I'll collect the money if it comes in and hopefully they will let me keep the slip. AFTER I've collected the money, I will post it on here along with my winnings, knowing full well that it won't be able to be claimed.

Anyone else asking for a scan in the coming weeks, months will be directed back to this post.

em, take a scan of it before you hand it in... Then if they don't let you keep it you can still post a scan of it. Just by scanning it, you don't have to post it.

If you don't have a scanner, take a photo of it.

You don't have to post if before the event... But It removes the excuse that they kept your slip.

em, take a scan of it before you hand it in... Then if they don't let you keep it you can still post a scan of it. Just by scanning it, you don't have to post it.

If you don't have a scanner, take a photo of it.

You don't have to post if before the event... But It removes the excuse that they kept your slip.

Yeah, do this. They won't let you keep the actual slip.

(That said, they will give you a printout of the returns after paying you out, so it's still no excuse. :thumbsup: )

I put a tenner on Mary to win at 14/1 before it started and her odds have now came in to 6/1.

As someone already said, don't underestimate the Irish voters. :thumbsup:

Have you bet before?

Have you bet before?

Yes Stew. I have bet before

I figure they will let me keep the slip after I collect the money from them. It will come up as already paid out and be a useless piece of paper. Well, useless unless you're me and have to prove your every move.

I'll go in tomorrow and ask if they will let me keep it. I'll get my son to help me use the scanner for you all to see, if they won't allow me to keep it.

Paige Richardson to get the boot tonight. Stick a pound on it, but only if you can PROVE IT <_<

Yes Stew. I have bet before

I figure they will let me keep the slip after I collect the money from them. It will come up as already paid out and be a useless piece of paper. Well, useless unless you're me and have to prove your every move.

I'll go in tomorrow and ask if they will let me keep it. I'll get my son to help me use the scanner for you all to see, if they won't allow me to keep it.

Paige Richardson to get the boot tonight. Stick a pound on it, but only if you can PROVE IT <_<

They won't

I put a tenner on Mary to win at 14/1 before it started and her odds have now came in to 6/1.

considering she's already won the irish x-factor i'd say you've got a good shout

No cries of "scan the bet" :blink:

Snake Plissken

As someone with no interest in the X Factor, I did not read this thread when it appeared.

Then I saw it go to more than 5 pages which meant some form of bitching had taken place, as no thread about the X factor could get that long without it. I looked and I'm glad I looked, top work Acey.

I'm not sure what would be funnier:

1) The bet not being real and it 'wins'

2) The bet being real and it loses

3) The bet being real and it wins

All three outcomes would provide much amusement, but especially 2)

Snake Plissken

Prove it.

:ninja:

No cries of "scan the bet" :blink:

Surely you can see the difference in credibility between a ?10 bet and a ?1000 bet on a fecking talent show?

Snake Plissken

So you hope that I lose my bet?

Yes.

The schadenfreude would be immense.

I kind of hope you lose too, Jeepers, sorry. :(

Of course you do.

We all know why you want me to lose though.

You feeling nervous yet? ;):P

Surely you can see the difference in credibility between a ?10 bet and a ?1000 bet on a fecking talent show?

A bet's a bet.

I can afford to spend ?1000 on a bet.

Whats the difference between betting it on a talent show and betting it on a horse or a dog? A 9/2 shot is a 9/2 shot whatever the event.

Of course you do.

We all know why you want me to lose though.

You feeling nervous yet? ;):P

I have no stake in Betfred any more; besides, it never made a difference to my pay whether folk won or lost. :)

Also, until proof is obtained, I shall regard your bet as fictional, and therefore of no consequence. :thumbsup:

Archived