X Factor betting

Jeepers

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep up the good work Matt.

Just gone a clear 5/2 favourite in the betting for anyone interested.

Good luck bud, I wish I had the nerve to put ?1k on as a bet.

Well when you're brave enough to stick a grand on a bet, come on here and show us a picture of it. I don't care how easy it is to do it.Im not posting a picture of a bet with a blurred out barcode on it to prove it to fellow football fans with a grand at stake. I'm 51 years old (lets see you all have a pop at me for being a sad old man now :lol: ) and people can probably work computers a whole of a lot better than me and I'm not prepared to risk such an amount getting stolen by some computer geek.

Well, when I'm at an age where I can afford to bet ?1000 on an event. I wouldn't make a thread on a football forum declaring such a thing. If I did, then I would provide proof of said bet as it's quite an outlandish thing to do.

In other words. You're talking shite.

Well, when I'm at an age where I can afford to bet ?1000 on an event. I wouldn't make a thread on a football forum declaring such a thing. If I did, then I would provide proof of said bet as it's quite an outlandish thing to do.

did you ever look at the World Cup betting thread?

There was some horrendous 'after timing' bets being posted on there without evidence being shown.

The OP has at least said what he's punted before the final result - quite a novelty compared to the thread I mentioned.

Daydream Believer

Raise and re-raise from LPjambo91, and it's fair enough to be honest.

How about this, OP agrees to post the proof when the bet either wins or loses. We all declare either "TRUE" or "BLUFF" on the thread. After Mat goes out or wins OP has 1 week to post the proof or shenanigans is declared.

Losers have to sing a Leona Lewis song at a kareoke bar in town.

did you ever look at the World Cup betting thread?

There was some horrendous 'after timing' bets being posted on there without evidence being shown.

The OP has at least said what he's punted before the final result - quite a novelty compared to the thread I mentioned.

Yes, I took part in that thread, and I'd often call people out on aftertiming.

If the OP had said he'd bet ?10 on the result, there'd be nothing to it. The fact that he claims to have put ?1000 on the outcome of a TV talent contest raises suspicion. If someone in the football thread said that they'd bet ?1000 on a result, we'd ask for proof.

This isn't a witch hunt, it's just calling someone out on something that is quite clearly bollocks.

Why wouldn't you? I posted my bet with literally weeks remaining on the competition for people to take advantage of what I thought was a good price. People have the option to take up the bet if they like, putting on however much money they like on it. I don't know what everyone's job is on here, but I'm at a time in my life when I can afford to take a chance. I'm not going to justify myself for doing it and I'm not posting it as a " hey, look at me" type thing.

I was simply making people aware of a possible investment and I hope that some people took up the option of 9/2 as it may be the biggest price they will see on this bet.

Like I said before, IF he gets to the top 3, I can re-invest the cash on the other two remaining finalists and hopefully still come out with some money. Long time to go, but don't come on here just to say " you're just a big fat liar" because its a bit immature.

I reckon the OP is telling the truth. Good luck mate, and lay off your initial outlay as soon as possible.

Haters should GTF

Yes, I took part in that thread, and I'd often call people out on aftertiming.

If the OP had said he'd bet ?10 on the result, there'd be nothing to it. The fact that he claims to have put ?1000 on the outcome of a TV talent contest raises suspicion. If someone in the football thread said that they'd bet ?1000 on a result, we'd ask for proof.

This isn't a witch hunt, it's just calling someone out on something that is quite clearly bollocks.

So it's all about the amount punted then? Not when it's announced?

Maybe the OP is attention seeking. However, we're both in the same boat - neither can prove it either way.

Why wouldn't you? I posted my bet with literally weeks remaining on the competition for people to take advantage of what I thought was a good price. People have the option to take up the bet if they like, putting on however much money they like on it. I don't know what everyone's job is on here, but I'm at a time in my life when I can afford to take a chance. I'm not going to justify myself for doing it and I'm not posting it as a " hey, look at me" type thing.

I was simply making people aware of a possible investment and I hope that some people took up the option of 9/2 as it may be the biggest price they will see on this bet.

Like I said before, IF he gets to the top 3, I can re-invest the cash on the other two remaining finalists and hopefully still come out with some money. Long time to go, but don't come on here just to say " you're just a big fat liar" because its a bit immature.

Good post and FWIW I'd do the same.

but don't come on here just to say " you're just a big fat liar" because its a bit immature.

Why not? You've just claimed to have bet a large sum of money, and have refused to provide proof. We're calling you out on this because we don't believe that you would have put that bet on.

If you can provide proof, you would have our support and it would take some brass balls to do such a thing. Without any proof, it just looks like unmitigated pish.

Maybe the OP is attention seeking. However, we're both in the same boat - neither can prove it either way.

Well... He can. He can provide us with proof that the bet actually took place. Which is the bone of contention here.

I reckon the OP is telling the truth. Good luck mate, and lay off your initial outlay as soon as possible.

Haters should GTF

:thumbsup:

:lol:

I've already said twice on this thread that I WILL NOT provide proof of my bet. My reasons are justified I feel and I'll come on here and eat humble pie if he messes up his lines and gets booted of stage and bitch slapped by louis walsh.

Daydream Believer

:thumbsup:

:lol:

I've already said twice on this thread that I WILL NOT provide proof of my bet. My reasons are justified I feel and I'll come on here and eat humble pie if he messes up his lines and gets booted of stage and bitch slapped by louis walsh.

Are you happy to go for my suggestion at #58 though?

Only post proof after Mat has won or lost?

Well... He can. He can provide us with proof that the bet actually took place. Which is the bone of contention here.

or he could choose not to for whatever reason he wants.

P.S. I won the Euro millions last night and I'm happy to post the numbers I picked if you want? :thumbsup::whistling:

If you are not going to provide proof what was the point in creating the thread? Surely you knew you were going to be asked to prove it? (Serious question by the way).

As an aside, if you did put this bet on, which I don't believe you did, I would strongly advise you to visit your GP first thing on Monday morning.

Are you happy to go for my suggestion at #58 though?

Only post proof after Mat has won or lost?

I said previously that I would.

So LPJambo can have his wee laugh. :rolleyes:

Daydream Believer

OK, I declare shenanigans!

plus, OP owes me whatever the entry is to the Citrus is after 11pm because I stayed here to defend him.boo.

If you are not going to provide proof what was the point in creating the thread? Surely you knew you were going to be asked to prove it? (Serious question by the way).

As an aside, if you did put this bet on, which I don't believe you did, I would strongly advise you to visit your GP first thing on Monday morning.

I started the thread so people could make a bit of money. Maybe you should look at my reasons for putting the bet on, which I have already stated throughout the thread instead of having a pop at an old man trying to make a bit of money.

The proof will be shared after the event. Keep your panties on.

Alrite guys. The pic is obviously a wee joke. :D

Proof will be provided after Matts fate is decided. Your faith will be restored DayDream Believer, keep faith B)

We've clearly given this attention whore too much time...

Bottom line is, you've claimed to have made a big bet. You're refusing to prove that you've actually placed that bet, and when people have challenged you on it you've come up with some bad excuses and piss poor humour.

Bottom line is, you've claimed to have made a big bet. You're refusing to prove that you've actually placed that bet, and when people have challenged you on it you've come up with some bad excuses and piss poor humour.

Lets just pretend he does produce 'evidence' - how would you feel then?

I started the thread so people could make a bit of money. Maybe you should look at my reasons for putting the bet on, which I have already stated throughout the thread instead of having a pop at an old man trying to make a bit of money.

The proof will be shared after the event. Keep your panties on.

If you say so, but don't even think about guilt tripping me again please.

Thanks.

Lets just pretend he does produce 'evidence' - how would you feel then?

I'd be wrong, and wish him every success in what would be a brave (but in my eyes, foolish) bet.

If you say so, but don't even think about guilt tripping me again please.

Thanks.

Gosh, you've got a ticket on yourself :thumbsup:

Honestly, why do I need to "prove it" My "piss-poor humour" was just evidence of how easily "proof" could be provided.

Seriously, if you ever stick a bet on worth potentially ?5,500, would you ever post a picture on a football forum risking such an amount to appease people you dont even know?

I've given the reasons for not doing it. If you don't like it then fair enough. Stop harping on like a whiney little bitch about not getting a wee picture. I'll say it again, I'll provide proof after the event so you can say "oh there's the picture that provides clear and evident proof that he wasn't lying" and if Matt win's I'll more than gladly send you a picture of my middle finger :turned:

I suggest that LP offers to meet Jeepers in a nice pub. If Jeepers shows the slip LP has to put 50 quid behind the bar for Jeepers and his mates.

LP puts up or shuts up and if Jeepers doesn't accept then it's probably not a real bet.

I suggest that LP offers to meet Jeepers in a nice pub. If Jeepers shows the slip LP has to put 50 quid behind the bar for Jeepers and his mates.

LP puts up or shuts up and if Jeepers doesn't accept then it's probably not a real bet.

Is that what it has come to? If so, I'm out.

So because I'm asking someone to back up a claim they are making, I'm a bitch?

Have a word...

So because I'm asking someone to back up a claim they are making, I'm a bitch?

Have a word...

I'd insert 'selectively' in between 'I'm' and 'asking'.

I'd insert 'selectively' in between 'I'm' and 'asking'.

This is the exact same thing that you lambasted Kick-Ass for, and I'd suggest that the way you went about it was far more pathetic than what I am currently doing.

You seem positive of your opinion. Put some cash on it or you are just being a bitch with no balls.

Nothing to lose if you are so sure.

You seem positive of your opinion. Put some cash on it or you are just being a bitch with no balls.

Nothing to lose if you are so sure.

The point is that I'm not so sure, therefore I'm asking for proof of what would be a quite outrageous bet to put on.

You're either trolling or are clueless. At this point, I'm not sure which.

This is the exact same thing that you lambasted Kick-Ass for, and I'd suggest that the way you went about it was far more pathetic than what I am currently doing.

I disagree - the difference is about posting your bet prior to the outcome compared to 'after timing' - subtle yet significant difference IMHO.

Thanks for the petty point scoring attempt though :thumbsup:

You have abused the OP. Called him an attention whore, but you're not prepared to front up with some motivation for the guy to provide proof.

You are the attention whore. No nads at all.

You have abused the OP. Called him an attention whore, but you're not prepared to front up with some motivation for the guy to provide proof.

The guy has made a thread claiming to have bet ?1000... After a number of requests by a number of posters to prove that this bet actually took place, he has refused. And I'm the bitch, with no bollocks as you've put it.

I've not offered to put something up as the burden of proof is not upon me. I'm not the one making the claim, I can only go on what I've been presented.

Scan you're betting slip.Blank out the bar code.Simples.

For the record I think he is talking shite just my opinion though!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Who the **** is going to go into a bar and put 50 quid behind it for a stranger on the internet?

Geez a break man.

Exactly.

Like Mr Loverman said, theres a big difference between making betting claims post-event and pre-event or inplay.

You seem to have gotten a little bit more nasty after I told you he was 5/2 favourite, do you work for BetFred by any chance? The staff sure took some convincing to accept my bet. :lol:

Who the **** is going to go into a bar and put 50 quid behind it for a stranger on the internet?

Geez a break man.

Apparently, someone once threw themself out of a plane in memory of a stranger on the internet.

Scan you're betting slip.Blank out the bar code.Simples.

For the record I think he is talking shite just my opinion though!

So you don't know either way then - like me? :thumbsup:

Exactly.

Like Mr Loverman said, theres a big difference between making betting claims post-event and pre-event or inplay.

You seem to have gotten a little bit more nasty after I told you he was 5/2 favourite, do you work for BetFred by any chance? The staff sure took some convincing to accept my bet. :lol:

Scan the bet.

Archived