Ryan Mcgowan

Rawrrrrrrr

What exactly does he need to do to get a game?

Hes been on the bench for a few months now and hasnt had a look in on any playing time

Surely it reaches the stage were that demotivates him

I actually think he is a class act and will go to the top of the footballing world (im talking the likes of man utd, liverpool etc) and feel we need to start giving him a chance

I reckon once he gets in he will be there for the long shift

Susie-Jambo-66

I agree with you he plays really will in Reserves and also for the U19's I think he would be good for the 1st team.

I wonder how he will feel tomorrow if Matty Park makes the bench and then gets a game :(

Hope to see Ryan playing 1st Team footy soon

I agree with you he plays really will in Reserves and also for the U19's I think he would be good for the 1st team.

I wonder how he will feel tomorrow if Matty Park makes the bench and then gets a game :(

Hope to see Ryan playing 1st Team footy soon

It wont happen but if it did he should and rightly so walk

Park was overtaken by mcgowan about 18 months ago

Matty park hasnt really improved since we signed him, it looks like he was one of those players who matured very young then just stops whilst all their team mates overtake him

Defence is not a position you normally make unforced changes in during a game, so it may take an injury to get him off the bench.

He is still young, plenty time left yet.

It's a sad fact that due to the fact you must have an under 21 in the squad for a game he is there as a statistic.

Wallace, Eggert, Elliot and Driver more than make this stance so he is there through choice

Good point well made.

D'oh!

I think the telling stat will be if he continues to sit on his ass once the reserves and u19s restart

If he does then it becomes a real issue as theres no way he will be happy sitting on his ass when he could be playing

At least at the moment he wouldnt be playing anyway

What exactly does he need to do to get a game?

Hes been on the bench for a few months now and hasnt had a look in on any playing time

Surely it reaches the stage were that demotivates him

I actually think he is a class act and will go to the top of the footballing world (im talking the likes of man utd, liverpool etc) and feel we need to start giving him a chance

I reckon once he gets in he will be there for the long shift

He's under 21 which is the only reason he is there because the current rules state that you must have a certain number of under 21 players on the subs bench not sure if it is one or two.:eek:

He's under 21 which is the only reason he is there because the current rules state that you must have a certain number of under 21 players on the subs bench not sure if it is one or two.:eek:

No it isnt

The rules state you must have 3 (I think) u21 players in the squad

We always have eggert, wallace, driver, elliot to choose from to meet this so he isnt there through anything other than choice

No it isnt

We always have eggert, wallace, driver, elliot to choose from to meet this so he isnt there through anything other than choice

Well if you are right why has he never played?

The whole point of the thread:rolleyes:

Exactly he is there because of his age and no other reason otherwise surely he would have been called up from the bench.

Jonsson and Elliott both play on a regular basis as does but until recently Wallace has been out of the squad and if you noticed last week when all three of those players were in the squad McGowan was left out of the squad which surely confirms my point.

Exactly he is there because of his age and no other reason otherwise surely he would have been called up from the bench.

Jonsson and Elliott both play on a regular basis as does but until recently Wallace has been out of the squad and if you noticed last week when all three of those players were in the squad McGowan was left out of the squad which surely confirms my point.

Driver?

Um no

Elliot, Jonnson, Driver, Wallace

Last week was because the scottish cup only allows 5 subs

McGowan has not been their through necessity so the question is why exactly we dont use him when we choose to include him

You need to remember Berra never started getting a regular game until last season. He needs to be broken in gently.

You need to remember Berra never started getting a regular game until last season. He needs to be broken in gently.

Granted but he should be at least getting a few fleeting 10-15 minutes appearence

Having him on the bench every week cant be doing his motivation much good

As for berra, I actually think McGowan is already a lot better than berra ever will be good

The boys a class act

It wont happen but if it did he should and rightly so walk

Your kidding. On the verge of his career in first team SPL football, possibly leading to much much more by all ccounts and you think he should walk if another young player, who doesnt even play in his position, gets in ahead of him ?

I certainly hope he's got a bit more sense, patience and determination than that or he'll never make it anywhere, far less at Hearts.

You can't afford to give 'fleeting 10-15 minute' appearances to central defenders! Midfield and up front yes, but I don't think, for example, taking Berra or Tall off for McGowan with 10 minutes to go in a close SPL game is a good idea. Do you?

Is he an aggressive player?

I think I've only seen his cameo against Barcelona and he looked pretty decent in a very makeshift defence against top players (taking it easy).

We need more aggressive defenders who are willing to go in and not be scared of getting hurt (Karipidis).

Agreed !

good players select themselves eventually. The experience will harden his resolve.

This lad has a good head on his shoulders and won't be deterred.. he'll just try harder

until they can't ignore him.

Granted but he should be at least getting a few fleeting 10-15 minutes appearence

Having him on the bench every week cant be doing his motivation much good

As for berra, I actually think McGowan is already a lot better than berra ever will be good

The boys a class act

So you would have brought on McGowan for Berra for the last 10 minutes on Saturday??

:eek:

frail had the choice between karipidis or mcgowan, he seems to have made the right choice as karpidis has done well so far, i expect to see mcgowan in a few games this season but he ll probably get broke into the team gently

No it isnt

I'm sure the rule is the 3 u21 players have to be on the bench. If you've already got 3 in the starting 11 it's immaterial, you still need another 3 for the bench.

I'm sure the rule is the 3 u21 players have to be on the bench. If you've already got 3 in the starting 11 it's immaterial, you still need another 3 for the bench.

That's nonsense.

It's 3 in the squad.

Archived