Top Posters In This Topic

• AWM

• Dunks

• rudi must stay

• Der Kaiser

Top Posters In This Topic

John Findlay
On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 13:25, Dunks said:

Did you mean to post this @John Findlay? And you're right to be pwoud, vewwy pwoud :pimp2:

First see my son 26 seconds in on the trailer playing the piano. That's his reflection in the piano. The people who built the original live aid stage built an exact replica for the movie. My son says it was spooky being on it.

On 08/06/2018 at 21:13, Dino Velvet said:

Cant beat the Halloween music 

Halloween 1 and 2 are classics 

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Cant beat the Halloween music 

Halloween 1 and 2 are classics 

This new one makes out part 2 didn’t even happen, or any of the other sequels. 

William H. Bonney
29 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

This new one makes out part 2 didn’t even happen, or any of the other sequels. 

Not just that, it also looks like Michael isn't Laurie's brother. 

Edited by Dino Velvet

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Is this a remake of the first one? 

The usual Hollywood thing of a reboot/sequel/remake, because Hollywood can't come up with anything new these days.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

The usual Hollywood thing of a reboot/sequel/remake, because Hollywood can't come up with anything new these days.

I really loved the first two Predetor films, not sure how I feel about this! 

Carl Fredrickson
On 13/08/2018 at 09:17, John Findlay said:

Forgive me this. But, you will understand after I've posted. Bohemian Rhapsody.

My eldest son. Matt Findlay. Plays Freddie Mercury at times in this film.

When you see shots of his fingers and long shots with both long hair and short hair of Freddie playing the piano. That is my son Matt. He did all the piano playing as Freddie for this film. To say I'm extremely proud is an understatement.

Yes I can't get my head through the door.

@John Findlay just catching up with this thread after not viewing it for a long time. WOW JF you must be VERY PROUD. My son is desperate to see the movie (maybe not as much as you) as he is Queen daft. I was fortunate to see their last UK gig at Knebworth and I grew up listening to them. 

I dont know you but boy am I chuffed for you.

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

@John Findlay just catching up with this thread after not viewing it for a long time. WOW JF you must be VERY PROUD. My son is desperate to see the movie (maybe not as much as you) as he is Queen daft. I was fortunate to see their last UK gig at Knebworth and I grew up listening to them. 

I dont know you but boy am I chuffed for you.

Very many thanks for your kind words Carl. I am indeed chuffed to bits.

World premiere is Oct 24th at Wembley Arena. So I believe. 

Better call Saul
15 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I really loved the first two Predetor films, not sure how I feel about this! 

As did I.. Although I have enjoyed all the other spin offs as well AVP etc.. I dont think this will be as good as the original but it will be on my to do list. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jason Momoa can't act and DC films are bloody terrible as a matter of course.

Lion King seems to be a pointless shot-by-shot remake of the cartoon.

rudi must stay
27 minutes ago, Cade said:

Jason Momoa can't act and DC films are bloody terrible as a matter of course.

Lion King seems to be a pointless shot-by-shot remake of the cartoon.

Did DC not do Batman. So can't agree. Ye he looks wooden but looks a nice looking film

I would be disappointed if so, but I don't think so and look at the talent on show ?

22 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Did DC not do Batman. So can't agree. Ye he looks wooden but looks a nice looking film

I would be disappointed if so, but I don't think so and look at the talent on show ?

DC own the character of Batman but they nver made any of the films. Just License out their characters.

The recent batch of DC films have been woeful. Wonder Woman aside.

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

DC own the character of Batman but they nver made any of the films. Just License out their characters.

The recent batch of DC films have been woeful. Wonder Woman aside.

Batman Superman put me off them to be honest. Poor film overrall, it's due to them ditching or Christopher Nolan deciding to do different things (don't know which one is right). Man Of Steel had Nolan all over it as a movie IMO and I quite liked it

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Batman Superman put me off them to be honest. Poor film overrall, it's due to them ditching or Christopher Nolan deciding to do different things (don't know which one is right). Man Of Steel had Nolan all over it as a movie IMO and I quite liked it

Like i said DC just give out the rights to use the characters they have very little say in the creative aspects of the movie. Nolan made the 3 Dark Knight films and that was his lot. He had nothing to do with Man of Steel though. 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

BvS was absolutely gash and I kinda wiped my hands with this "extended universe" they're trying to create. Playing catch up with Marvel and just not getting anywhere near the required quality (as well as *******ising their characters...looking at you, Flash).

Nolans trilogy was a project of his own which he understood didn't have to last about 10 movies so he made his third, gave a very satisfying conclusion to the story and walked. Warner Bros got him in as a producer on Man of Steel so he'd have obviously had (albeit minimal) influence on the direction it took. After that, went on to do his own thing again, left WB and DC to it and now we have this mess. 

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

BvS was absolutely gash and I kinda wiped my hands with this "extended universe" they're trying to create. Playing catch up with Marvel and just not getting anywhere near the required quality (as well as *******ising their characters...looking at you, Flash).

Nolans trilogy was a project of his own which he understood didn't have to last about 10 movies so he made his third, gave a very satisfying conclusion to the story and walked. Warner Bros got him in as a producer on Man of Steel so he'd have obviously had (albeit minimal) influence on the direction it took. After that, went on to do his own thing again, left WB and DC to it and now we have this mess. 

Had more than that in my opinion. That film was full of Nolan moments and scenes, they also got David S. Goyer to do the story, a great writer, he's gone too. Yes it is a total mess, with no continuity, total opposite to Marvel.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, AWM said:

Can’t believe Sony forced them to release this so soon after Endgame. Definitely takes something away from Endgame knowing everything returns to normal at the end.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Can’t believe Sony forced them to release this so soon after Endgame. Definitely takes something away from Endgame knowing everything returns to normal at the end.

Between that and having the trailer come out 4 months before Endgame it does kinda just sap the excitement out

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

The time line of it all confuses simple minds like mine!