• Der Kaiser

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO3YaUdERpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-vRGnGD-Gc&feature=related

Kings Speech Producers Nab The Grudge

1990's Five Nations was not a happy one. Margaret Thatcher was still Prime Minister, and had cleverly decided to use Scotland as a testing ground for the Poll Tax. Welcome to The Grudge.

Unsurprisingly, the people of Scotland were not happy. At all. But their rugby team were doing well, beating Ireland, Wales and France before squaring off with "the real enemy": England.

Somehow, through sheer determination and force of will, they won, nabbing the Grand Slam and making ol' Engerland look, well, rather stupid.

As any rugby fan will tell you, it was a pretty big deal. And it's to become a big deal once again, with Bedlam Productions, the team behind the Oscar-winning King's Speech, securing the rights to sports journalist Tom English's book on the subject, The Grudge: Scotland vs. England.

King's Speech producer Simon Egan will direct the film as well as produce it (alongside Takedown Pictures' Evan Leighton-Davis), but no names have been mentioned in terms of casting, so the roles of Will Carling, Brian Moore, Jeremy Guscott and the rest are still unknown.

• 2 months later...

This thread proves that trailers have a lot to answer for!

I can remember looking forward to the following truly terrible films

Transformers 3

Battle : Los Angeles

Attack the Block

Immortals

Plus numerous others.

Hopefully the new Bourne will kick arse like the others though. Looking forward to see what they do with a new character.

FI0vW257WFZX40_2_d.jpg

Men in Black III (2012)

looks not bad, due out on May 25th;

http://www.movieweb....ack-iii/trailer

Youre one of the worst offenders on this thread with all your sci-fi pish! Have a look back and see what trailers you posted. Will make you laugh. Trailers have a lot to answer for.

Cant believe I posted Sucker Punch. Promised so much....delivered so little.

maroonlegions

Youre one of the worst offenders on this thread with all your sci-fi pish! Have a look back and see what trailers you posted. Will make you laugh. Trailers have a lot to answer for.

Cant believe I posted Sucker Punch. Promised so much....delivered so little.

Sorry was not aware i was being judged by you , tell me when you decided i was an offender just because of your dislike of sci fi ;I bet there are trailers you have posted that i would not like but i would not make a song and dance about it; High up there i your box; is it.You might not like SCI-FI but that is no reason to be rude;OH and by the way most of the trailers i have posted on this thread where posted because i yes i liked the look of them, that's my forte eh;Feck, talk about the time of the month eh;rolleyes.gif

This looks good;biggrin.gif

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

This also looks good,love a film with action and special effects and throw it to that concept the post -apocalyptic earth scenarios and i am one happy bloke;biggrin.gif

Horizons (2013)

quote;

"Tron Legacy director Joseph Kosinski is developing Oblivion, based on his own concept, as a feature for Radical Pictures.Lucida Grande',The story is set in post-apocalyptic Earth, where civilization lives above theclouds and scavengers illegally collect artifacts from the polluted and destroyed surface below. When one young scavenger discovers a crashed spacecraft planetside - and a beautiful women within he rejoices at the find. Little does he realize that his discovery will lead him to a journey filled with romance, adventure and unimaginable danger."

PHdxtuev3DNxgj_1_m.jpg

link; http://www.movieweb.com/movie/horizons

Edited by maroonlegions

Sorry was not aware i was being judged by you , tell me when you decided i was an offender just because of your dislike of sci fi ;I bet there are trailers you have posted that i would not like but i would not make a song and dance about it; High up there i your box; is it.You might not like SCI-FI but that is no reason to be rude;OH and by the way most of the trailers i have posted on this thread where posted because i yes i liked the look of them, that's my forte eh;Feck, talk about the time of the month eh;rolleyes.gif

This looks good;biggrin.gif

Calm the beans! The tone of my reply was jovial. Note the use of exclamation marks and indeed where I say 'trailers have a lot to answer for'(meaning that I also thought that a lot of the films you posted looked good, before being subjected to the abject shitey-ness of films likfe Battle:Los Angeles and Attack the Block). I also offered my own doosie, in the shape of thinking Sucker Punch would be decent, when it was completely terrible.

Edited by The Brow

Looking at this thread, it's a shame how many films are anticipated to be great, only to turn out shite.

• 1 month later...

'Only God Forgives' looks interesting. Mainly because is reunites Ryan Gosling with Nicolas Winding Refn, and it has been described as even more violent than 'Drive'. :thumbsup:

I was just kind of blah abut Prometheus but the trailers that have come out over the last few weeks have made me quite excited about it.

I also want to see

The Avengers (IMAX for this one I think)

and Men in Black looks like it might be fun rubbish.

BoJack Horseman

Probably not the right audience on this forum, but for me this is set to be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Probably not the right audience on this forum, but for me this is set to be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

:rofl:

That looks superb!

em...

:thumbsup:

Just heard about Total Recall this morning...

Not sure if I like the idea of it.

But then again - if Total Recall is a success they may re-do The Running Man!

BoJack Horseman

Took less than a minute to decide that I'll definitely be watching this.

Vincent B.A

Just heard about Total Recall this morning...

Not sure if I like the idea of it.

But then again - if Total Recall is a success they may re-do The Running Man!

It will never be as good as Arnold's versions though. They just dont make them like they used too.

It will never be as good as Arnold's versions though. They just dont make them like they used too.

i've just watched the trailer and am not sure about it

i've just watched the trailer and am not sure about it

Storyline looks pretty different to the original going by the trailer anyway.

And I also can't stand Farrell. :(

Storyline looks pretty different to the original going by the trailer anyway.

And I also can't stand Farrell. :(

agree with this, the only reason for me to see it is kate beckinsale :wub:

for starters if what I've heard is correct they dont even go to Mars :blink:

:what:

Next you'll be telling me there are no hookers with three breasts!

:sob:

jamboinglasgow

for starters if what I've heard is correct they dont even go to Mars :blink:

Your right they dont.

Euroamerica (formerly the United States and the European Union) and New Shanghai (formerly China and South East Asia) fight for political power in the far dystopian future in the year 2084. A simple factory worker suffering from violent nightmares (Farrell) begins to suspect that he's a spy whose memory and personality were erased and replaced -- though he is unaware which side of the fight he's on and how important his lost memories will be in its outcome. What matters to him the most is that he must team up with a young female freedom fighter (Biel) in order for both of them to change the political system in their own country, Euroamerica, which is currently controlled by Euroamerican President Vilos Cohaagen (Cranston) and his government that rules with extreme austerity.

Watched the trailer, looks certainly interesting but really did like the Arnie one even though it can be slightly cheesy at times. Does seem to be a similar plot but change of location.

No trailers for them yet but I'm looking forward to a couple of gangtser movies out later in the year.

The Wettest Country In The World - Tom Hardy

Gangster Squad - Ryan Gosling