Jump to content
Jimmy McNulty

The JKB Official Ice Hockey Thread

Recommended Posts

Gershwin
On 24/09/2019 at 19:46, Cory McNamara said:

2019-2020 NHL alternate jerseys:

 

cut.jpg

 

cut.jpg

 

cut.jpg

 

Seems like Calgary & Buffalo are doing great.

 

The Calgary and the classic black Vancouver ones are 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara
48 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

 

The Calgary and the classic black Vancouver ones are 👌

 

Canucks & Blues went full retro. It's like Bure and Hull somewhere near.

Always thought about Germany because of these colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

I was thinking recently about the best Philadelphia Flyers team in history, it was interesting and fun. A lot of details here and there; so I choose this team:

 

Attacking lines:

 

John LeClair (LW) - Eric Lindros (C) - Mark Recchi (RW)

 

Bill Barber (LW) - Bobby Clarke (C) - Reggie Leach (RW)

 

Simon Gagne (LW) - Rod Brind'Amour (C) - Mikael Renberg (RW)

 

Brian Propp (LW) - Rick MacLeish (C) - Tim Kerr (RW)

 

Defenders:

 

Mark Howe - Eric Desjardins

 

Derian Hatcher - Chris Pronger
 

Joe Watson - Jimmy Watson

 

Goaltenders:

 

Ron Hextall - first choice

Bernie Parent

Brian Boucher

 

First power play unit:

 

John LeClair - Eric Lindros - Mikael Renberg (Legion of Doom)

Rod Brind'Amour - Eric Desjardins

 

Second power play unit:

 

Simon Gagne - Rick MacLeish - Mark Recchi

Mark Howe - Chris Pronger

 

Penalty kill unit I:

 

Rod Brind'Amour - Mark Recchi
Chris Pronger - Eric Desjardins

 

Penalty kill unit II:

 

Brian Propp - Bobby Clarke
Jimmy Watson - Joe Watson

 

Traditionally a lot of guys from Boston (from the 1967 NHL expansion draft: Bernie Parent, Joe Watson; later - Reggie Leach and others).

Brian Propp from Philadelphia to Boston (1990).

90's and Montreal stars: John LeClair & Eric Desjardins.

Mark Recchi - from Philadelphia (1992-1995) to Montreal, then Philadelphia (1999-2004) again and Boston. Even Simon Gagne played his last games in Boston. Blood Ties.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Kerr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_MacLeish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Leach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Boucher

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Flyers went 1-3-3 in the NHL preseason. 1 win against Rangers, 2 losses in OT and 1 in SO. And now 3:4 (with a 0:4 hole) against Lausanne HC (Switzerland) - not good at all. Hart allowed 3 goals on 7 shots. 

Hayes looks good as a second line center, Laughton looks like he is a better version of himself and ok too. First games against Chicago (10.04.19) and Jersey  (10.09.19).

 

Boston is a solid team right now - 4 wins, 2 losses in OT.

8:2 win against Chicago. They don't want to stop; again will look like contenders.

 

Montreal - 5 wins, 2 losses. Though, Toronto looks like they are too strong for them right now.

 

Jersey - 5 wins, 2 losses during the preseason. NY teams - this is not a big deal for them.

 

Dallas - 4 wins, 3 losses. Pavelski looks like a very important part of this team, solid display. Team is trying to reinvent itself a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
18 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

Flyers went 1-3-3 in the NHL preseason. 1 win against Rangers, 2 losses in OT and 1 in SO. And now 3:4 (with a 0:4 hole) against Lausanne HC (Switzerland) - not good at all. Hart allowed 3 goals on 7 shots. 

Hayes looks good as a second line center, Laughton looks like he is a better version of himself and ok too. First games against Chicago (10.04.19) and Jersey  (10.09.19).

 

Boston is a solid team right now - 4 wins, 2 losses in OT.

8:2 win against Chicago. They don't want to stop; again will look like contenders.

 

Montreal - 5 wins, 2 losses. Though, Toronto looks like they are too strong for them right now.

 

Jersey - 5 wins, 2 losses during the preseason. NY teams - this is not a big deal for them.

 

Dallas - 4 wins, 3 losses. Pavelski looks like a very important part of this team, solid display. Team is trying to reinvent itself a little bit.

 

I don't see the fuss about Carter Hart. Every time I've see him play he's been pony.

 

Not going to read too much into preseason but it's not really a surprise that the Habs are a little way off Toronto.

 

We'll see how close we are on Saturday night I guess! Hopefully no more flukey goals for the Queafs this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara
6 hours ago, Gershwin said:

 

I don't see the fuss about Carter Hart. Every time I've see him play he's been pony.

 

Not going to read too much into preseason but it's not really a surprise that the Habs are a little way off Toronto.

 

We'll see how close we are on Saturday night I guess! Hopefully no more flukey goals for the Queafs this year.

 

He has a very good numbers and even medals at a young age. But some writers think that he is some kind of second coming and that's strange.

They even insist that he will be the leader (almost solely) of the whole team. Too much pressure can be a problem.

 

Preseason or not at least you see who's hot, who's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
2 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

 

He has a very good numbers and even medals at a young age. But some writers think that he is some kind of second coming and that's strange.

They even insist that he will be the leader (almost solely) of the whole team. Too much pressure can be a problem.

 

Preseason or not at least you see who's hot, who's not.

 

There's shades of Carey 'best in the World' Price.  He gets way more plaudits than he deserves despite quite a few average seasons.

 

Delighted to see Nick Suzuki make the Habs' opening night roster by the way. He's one who's looked really good in preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara
21 hours ago, Gershwin said:

 

There's shades of Carey 'best in the World' Price.  He gets way more plaudits than he deserves despite quite a few average seasons.

 

 

I think 10 and a half million is too much. At least he has a few very strong seasons, but only with one deep run in the playoffs.

Gold at Olympics, gold at World Cup of Hockey - but all these defenders in front of him were top-notch.

Maybe Montreal pays for stability, confidence.

 

Quote

Delighted to see Nick Suzuki make the Habs' opening night roster by the way. He's one who's looked really good in preseason.

 

Along with Weal and Folin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
On 03/10/2019 at 19:16, Cory McNamara said:

Along with Weal and Folin.

 

I love Jordan Weal. Never takes a shift off, great hockey sense and chips in with some big goals. Surprised we managed to get him for that diddy Chaput.

 

Folin had a pretty poor preseason imho – but he may have just been out-played by Cale Fleury.

 

Good win for Philly tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara
4 hours ago, Gershwin said:

 

I love Jordan Weal. Never takes a shift off, great hockey sense and chips in with some big goals. Surprised we managed to get him for that diddy Chaput.

 

 

And he is with a goal in his first game, Montreal was close - 1 point against a strong side.

 

Quote

Good win for Philly tonight!

 

Konecny was alright, Laughton too.

 

Two masterpieces:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Andrei Markov is ready to return. He still loves fans and the city. He needs just 10 games for 1000 in the NHL. He won the Gagarin Cup in 2018 and was a very important player for Ak Bars team. This was the third Russian title for him (2000 and 2005 with Dynamo Moscow).

He wants to play a season or two.

 

153a128715d05bda4c48edb480c2d883.jpeg

 

usa_today_10007293.0.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
16 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

Andrei Markov is ready to return. He still loves fans and the city. He needs just 10 games for 1000 in the NHL. He won the Gagarin Cup in 2018 and was a very important player for Ak Bars team. This was the third Russian title for him (2000 and 2005 with Dynamo Moscow).

He wants to play a season or two.

 

153a128715d05bda4c48edb480c2d883.jpeg

 

usa_today_10007293.0.jpg

 

 

 

 

He’s still an amazing play maker/passer but I suspect the speed of today’s NHL won’t suit him. Kind of glad Mtl passed on him.

 

:verysmug: after last night’s win over the leafs. The incident that led to the penalty shot was so funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara
5 hours ago, Gershwin said:

 

He’s still an amazing play maker/passer but I suspect the speed of today’s NHL won’t suit him. Kind of glad Mtl passed on him.

 

 

There is some bad blood between him and gm & egos. Ego can destroy any relations. But, 16 years in one team is not a joke, experience and all. I wonder where Andy will play. Feel something close.

 

Boston wins 1:0, Boston wins 2:1 - playoff style. 

 

Mika Zibanejad - 4 goals, 8 points in two games :wow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Another year of me saying the Habs are coming back. 

Edited by Tazio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Another year of me saying the Habs are coming back. 

 

Defence looks pretty ropey, lack 1/2 elite players in their prime and the power play is still honkin'. Doubt we'll do much this year but the team is certainly fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Carolina thrashed Florida 6:3, it took them 22 minutes to score FIVE. I like what Brind"Amour is doing right now. They need one win for a record start.

 

No any signs of stoppage for Boston - 4:3 against Golden K. Marchand keeps rolling.

 

Wins for Anaheim & Dallas - which is good.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Comfortable win over Jersey 4:0. First game against Flyers for Wayne Simmonds. Carter Hart's first ever shutout.

 

Giroux - Hayes - Voracek

Lindblom - Couturier - Konecny

 

Last chance for Voracek as a first-liner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Carolina Hurricanes sets a new record - 5 wins in a row since the start of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

9am today. Not sure of the up to date. 

 

 

IMG_20191012_193152.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

So, in baseball it's Houston vs Washington (3:2); who would have thought.

 

In hockey there are some surprises too.

 

Colorado and Buffalo are the leaders right now. Marcus Johansson and Colin Miller are new guys for Sabres and they do a good job. Dahlin and Skinner help their team to be as high as possible.

 

In Philadelphia, well... Giroux is a center forward again (first line). Guys in the first line are trying to "find" each other right now.

 

van Riemsdyk - Giroux - Voracek

 

Lindblom - Couturier - Konecny

 

Some good games, some - not so much...

 

Boston is in a perfect condition, they don't want to stop. A lot of goals, solid games and all. They display a colorful hockey.

 

St. Louis is going through the motions, kind of. Dallas Stars - the biggest disappointment right now. But, they still have a lot of potential.

 

Montreal scored 41 goals - 7th place in the league (goals for); Boston with 36, Buffalo - 42. Some interesting games there.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Washington Nationals won the World Series 2019, hard to believe.

What next? Buffalo as the NHL champions?

 

AAJCdOJ.img?h=0&w=720&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l

 

 

 

OK... two really good goals:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Andrei Markov will play for Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (KHL) until the end of the season 2019 - 2020. End of the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Brad Marchand has two 5 point games (hasn't scored any in last contest against Montreal 4:5).

 

9f6b0213333d86121c5cf48e305b4a7e

 

Tuukka Rask is the best goaltender in the league right now. Extraordinary form. 9 Games and 7 wins, 1.88 goals against, SP% .936.

 

tuukka_rask_110619.jpg?itok=aTeCu8D8

 

Flyers' rookie Joel Farabee scored his second goal. A comfortable win over strong Carolina.

 

FJ3CVYMAKZBM3A2VKHSAKJCYD4.jpg

 

NHL scoring leaders:

 

David Pastrnak (Bruins) - 15 games, 15 goals, 15 assists, 30 points.

Brad Marchand (Bruins) - 15 games, 10, 18.

Leon Draisaitl (Oil) - 16 games, 13, 14.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
On 06/11/2019 at 16:58, Cory McNamara said:

Brad Marchand has two 5 point games (hasn't scored any in last contest against Montreal 4:5).

 

9f6b0213333d86121c5cf48e305b4a7e

 

Tuukka Rask is the best goaltender in the league right now. Extraordinary form. 9 Games and 7 wins, 1.88 goals against, SP% .936.

 

tuukka_rask_110619.jpg?itok=aTeCu8D8

 

Flyers' rookie Joel Farabee scored his second goal. A comfortable win over strong Carolina.

 

FJ3CVYMAKZBM3A2VKHSAKJCYD4.jpg

 

NHL scoring leaders:

 

David Pastrnak (Bruins) - 15 games, 15 goals, 15 assists, 30 points.

Brad Marchand (Bruins) - 15 games, 10, 18.

Leon Draisaitl (Oil) - 16 games, 13, 14.

 

 

 

Rask was ****ing pish against Montreal.

 

Unfortunately Montreal were dog shit against Philly last night. The Flyers really should have won it long before OT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin

Don Cherry fired :clyay:

 

Good to see the absolute bawbag lose his prime time slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara
On 17/12/2019 at 01:29, Gershwin said:

Taylor Hall traded to Arizona.

 

Phoenix is such a good team right now, they have two new really good players this year - Soderberg and Kessel. Coyotes are the leaders and this is a big surprise. They hit a lot, do a nice job in front of the goalkeeper. Every line can bring something. And now this trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
14 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

 

Phoenix is such a good team right now, they have two new really good players this year - Soderberg and Kessel. Coyotes are the leaders and this is a big surprise. They hit a lot, do a nice job in front of the goalkeeper. Every line can bring something. And now this trade.

 

Curious if they'll be able to bring it in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara
3 hours ago, Gershwin said:

 

Curious if they'll be able to bring it in the playoffs. 

 

I think - yes. They played very aggressively against Flyers two weeks ago, and this wasn't a home game for them. A lot of hits, good defenders, lethal power play. Darcy Kuemper is the best goalie right now (with less then 2 pucks against), he was fantastic against Philadelphia. This was a playoff style of game from their side. Intensity and all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Flyers won another big game against New York Rangers 5:1. 4 wins in a row for the team. Two goals from Hayes, another two from Sanheim (D), two assists from van Riemsdyk.

 

Second attacking line in Philadelphia is really good right now.

 

van Riemsdyk - Hayes - Aube-Kubel (first goal)

 

Van Riemsdyk has 8 goals in 12 games, third place for Carter Hart among the best goalkeepers in the league. First goal for David Kase and another one for Mikhail Vorobyev.

 

Metropolitan Division:

 

3. Philadelphia Flyers (47)

 

Atlantic Division:

 

1. Boston Bruins (53)

2. Toronto Maple Leafs (44)

3. Montreal Canadiens (42)

 

Pacific Division:

 

1. Arizona Coyotes (46)

2. Vegas Golden Knights (46)

3. Edmonton Oilers (44)

 

Central Division:

 

1. St. Louis Blues (54)

2. Colorado Avalanche (49)

3. Winnipeg Jets (44)

 

 

 

Scoring (goals) leaders:

 

David Pastrnak (Bruins) - 38 games / 28 goals

Jack Eichel (Sabres) - 37 / 24

Leon Draisaitl (Oilers) - 40 / 22

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Few new results:

 

Philadelphia at Anaheim 2:1 (OT)

Dallas at Arizona 4:2

Montreal at Florida 5:6

New Jersey at Ottawa 4:3 (OT)

Chicago at Columbus 3:2 (SO)

Buffalo at Boston 2:3

 

David Pastrnak scored 29 goals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

2020 NHL Winter Classic

 

Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars (Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas)

 

 

 

Patrick Kane (Chicago) scored 4 points (2 goals) against Calgary, he has 51 points (22 goals) after 41 games.

 

Scoring leaders:

 

Connor McDavid (Oilers) - 64 points / 22 goals

Leon Draisaitl (Oilers) - 62 / 23

David Pastrnak (Bruins) - 59 / 29

Brad Marchand (Bruins) - 59 / 20

Nathan MacKinnon (Avalanche) - 58 / 24

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Find your favorite NHL team in the colorful picture below:

 

hkkip5asm4q31.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

 

 

 

Defender Tony DeAngelo (NYR) scored 5 points (3 goals) in a game against the NJ Devils. He matched the Rangers record for most points in a regular season game for a defenseman.

 

David Pastrnak (BOS) scored another hat trick against Jets (5:4 win for Boston). He has 35 goals in 45 games.

 

Goalkeeper Pekka Rinne (NP) scored a goal too:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cory McNamara

Recent results before the NHL All - Star break:

 

Philadelphia Flyers vs Pittsburgh Penguins 3:0

 

This was a 157th win for the Flyers against Pittsburgh (104 losses, 30 ties, 1039 goals for, 894 goals against)

 

Golden Knights at Boston Bruins 2:3

 

NY Islanders at NY Rangers 4:2

 

Jets at Hurricanes 1:4

 

Florida at Chicago 4:3

 

Jets at Columbus 3:4

 

Detroit at Minnesota 2:4

 

 

Standings:

 

Metropolitan Division

 

Washington Capitals  71
Pittsburgh Penguins 67
New York Islanders 63

 

Atlantic Division

 

Boston Bruins 70
Tampa Bay Lightning 62
Florida Panthers 61

 

Wild Card

 

Columbus Blue Jackets 62 (Metropolitan D.)
Carolina Hurricanes 61 (Metropolitan D.)
Philadelphia Flyers 60 (Metropoiltan D.)

 

 

Central Division

 

St. Louis Blues 68
Colorado Avalanche 62
Dallas Stars 58

 

Pacific Division

 

Vancouver Canucks 58
Edmonton Oilers 57 (Games played 49)
Calgary Flames 57 (Games played 50)

 

Wild Card

 

Arizona  Coyotes 57 (Games played 51) [Pacific D.]
Vegas Golden Knights 57 (Games played 52) [Pacific D.]

 

 

 

Scoring Leaders:

 

Connor McDavid [Edmonton] 76 points, 27 goals (49 games)

 

Leon Draisaitl [Edmonton] 75, 27 (49 games)

 

Nathan MacKinnon [Colorado] 72, 30 (49 games)

 

David Pastrnak [Boston] 70, 37 (51 games)

 

Artemi Panarin [NYR] 68, 26 (47 games)

 

Brad Marchand [Boston] 65, 21 (51 games)

 

Jonathan Huberdeau [Florida] 65, 18 (49 games)

 

Patrick Kane [Chicago] 63, 25 (51 games)

Edited by Cory McNamara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
On 26/09/2019 at 18:33, Gershwin said:

 

The Calgary and the classic black Vancouver ones are 👌

Love that Canucks one but $200. My Mrs would shoot me. I never wear me Mets one and she goes mental about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turkishcap

Congrats to the Murrayfield Racers who tonight won the NIHL cup beating the Whitely warriors 7- 6 on aggregate. Huge game and win for the SNL team against a team top of the Northern league.

 

Edited by Turkishcap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the sub goalie
22 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Congrats to the Murrayfield Racers who tonight won the NIHL cup beating the Whitely warriors 7- 6 on aggregate. Huge game and win for the SNL team against a team top of the Northern league.

 

Agreed.

 

It will be interesting to see what the plan is going forward, apply for Elite again or stay SNL/NIHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turkishcap
2 hours ago, the sub goalie said:

Agreed.

 

It will be interesting to see what the plan is going forward, apply for Elite again or stay SNL/NIHL.

I imagine NIHL and maybe SNL like Solway do. I watch all the highlights on Racers tv and really enjoy it, the fans who go now love it as well. Hindsight being knocked back for elite and even the nihl was a good thing as they are building a good foundation. Some of the crowds have been excellent. Apart from Kilmarnock who are just kids the coaches at SNL level are doing a good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the sub goalie
23 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

I imagine NIHL and maybe SNL like Solway do. I watch all the highlights on Racers tv and really enjoy it, the fans who go now love it as well. Hindsight being knocked back for elite and even the nihl was a good thing as they are building a good foundation. Some of the crowds have been excellent. Apart from Kilmarnock who are just kids the coaches at SNL level are doing a good job.


We have only been to a couple games this season but have enjoyed it, also very reasonable with kids going free.

 

For me, somewhere in between Elite and NIHL would be great.  6-8 imports, 3 conferences, North, Central & South and have a good play off structure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...