Jump to content
Jimmy McNulty

The JKB Official Ice Hockey Thread

Recommended Posts

Chester™
Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Flames did really well last night. :vrface:

 

 

:jjyay:

Edited by Chester™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

Blackhawks fire Coach Q. :arry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

Could be interesting:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Konrad von Carstein

Have the Hawks appointed the NHL's Cathro?

 

:berra:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
9 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Have the Hawks appointed the NHL's Cathro?

 

:berra:

 

 

No.

 

He's played at a high level. Retired young due to concussion issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Chester™ said:

No.

 

He's played at a high level. Retired young due to concussion issues. 

 

I knew about his concussion and playing career and that he was successful coach at a lower level,  I meant have they promoted him above his capabilities. Real Hawks fans I've seen on various platforms seem to think so and are not happy with the sacking of Q and the non sacking of Bowman.

 

They've been quite scathing about this and the LV Knights game did not sooth furrowed brows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

 

I knew about his concussion and playing career and that he was successful coach at a lower level,  I meant have they promoted him above his capabilities. Real Hawks fans I've seen on various platforms seem to think so and are not happy with the sacking of Q and the non sacking of Bowman.

 

They've been quite scathing about this and the LV Knights game did not sooth furrowed brows...

 

You can only piss with the cock you've got.

 

The Blackhawks issue is the GM and the ridiculous contracts handed out that have hamstrung the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

Another day, another game where Tom Wilson acts like a cock:

 

 

He can give all the contrite interviews he wants. He can moan he's 'not that type of player'. The evidence suggests otherwise. And to think, the 'independent' arbiter reduced his suspension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

https://twitter.com/wingingitmotown/status/1068883339921276928?s=19

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

In a move that will surprise absolutely no one, Seattle becomes team 32. Start from 2021-22 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rossaldinho

Wilson getting battered about by Reaves last night was somewhat pleasing to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
2 hours ago, rossaldinho said:

Wilson getting battered about by Reaves last night was somewhat pleasing to see. 

 

There's was chat on Twitter to have a whipround and get him a Christmas present. :lol:

 

The hit itself is poor, though not sure that it was as bad as Wilson's v NJ that had no supplemental discipline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rossaldinho
24 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

 

There's was chat on Twitter to have a whipround and get him a Christmas present. :lol:

 

The hit itself is poor, though not sure that it was as bad as Wilson's v NJ that had no supplemental discipline.

A bit miffed the linesmen got involved when he approached Reaves, would have loved to have seen Ryan unload on Wilson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
57 minutes ago, rossaldinho said:

A bit miffed the linesmen got involved when he approached Reaves, would have loved to have seen Ryan unload on Wilson. 

 

No supplemental discipline. :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof

I presume it's been mentioned before but I've just realised that Canadiens GK is none other than Antti Niemi (not our one fancying a second career 🤣)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns

Murrayfield Racers are reaching out to fans of Edinburgh’s senior football clubs – Hibernian, Hearts and Edinburgh City – to offer them a fantastic deal to experience ice hockey this weekend.
While the Premiership is now in its winter break, the hockey season is in full swing and the Racers have an enticing offer for season ticket holders of all three clubs.

The Racers take on title rivals Paisley Pirates in the Scottish National League on Sunday (face-off 6.00pm) and season ticket holders of the three clubs can watch the game for just £5 – and kids go free!

In addition, a family of four (2 x adults & 2 x kids) can watch this weekend’s clash for just £10!

Tickets at this special price must be purchased in advance via www.mracers.com/tickets and at least one season ticket must be produced on entry.

So, come on Edinburgh football fans – get down to Murrayfield Ice Rink with the family this Sunday for a great night out and cheer on the Racers as they try to boost their chances of winning the league!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Murrayfield Racers are reaching out to fans of Edinburgh’s senior football clubs – Hibernian, Hearts and Edinburgh City – to offer them a fantastic deal to experience ice hockey this weekend.
While the Premiership is now in its winter break, the hockey season is in full swing and the Racers have an enticing offer for season ticket holders of all three clubs.

The Racers take on title rivals Paisley Pirates in the Scottish National League on Sunday (face-off 6.00pm) and season ticket holders of the three clubs can watch the game for just £5 – and kids go free!

In addition, a family of four (2 x adults & 2 x kids) can watch this weekend’s clash for just £10!

Tickets at this special price must be purchased in advance via www.mracers.com/tickets and at least one season ticket must be produced on entry.

So, come on Edinburgh football fans – get down to Murrayfield Ice Rink with the family this Sunday for a great night out and cheer on the Racers as they try to boost their chances of winning the league!

 

No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
On 29/12/2018 at 02:10, Boof said:

I presume it's been mentioned before but I've just realised that Canadiens GK is none other than Antti Niemi (not our one fancying a second career 🤣)

 

Niemi seems quite a common name in Finland. The Habs have a young player called Kotkaniemi and I notice the Finnish Jr Squad have a Heponiemi on the roster.

 

I did a google translation and 'Niemi' apparently means 'peninsula' in English :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The White Cockade
On 02/01/2019 at 19:42, The Frenchman Returns said:

Murrayfield Racers are reaching out to fans of Edinburgh’s senior football clubs – Hibernian, Hearts and Edinburgh City – to offer them a fantastic deal to experience ice hockey this weekend.
While the Premiership is now in its winter break, the hockey season is in full swing and the Racers have an enticing offer for season ticket holders of all three clubs.

The Racers take on title rivals Paisley Pirates in the Scottish National League on Sunday (face-off 6.00pm) and season ticket holders of the three clubs can watch the game for just £5 – and kids go free!

In addition, a family of four (2 x adults & 2 x kids) can watch this weekend’s clash for just £10!

Tickets at this special price must be purchased in advance via www.mracers.com/tickets and at least one season ticket must be produced on entry.

So, come on Edinburgh football fans – get down to Murrayfield Ice Rink with the family this Sunday for a great night out and cheer on the Racers as they try to boost their chances of winning the league!

 

need all the support they can get to try and keep hockey going in Edinburgh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

 

need all the support they can get to try and keep hockey going in Edinburgh

 

The 'promises' and chutzpah havent quite lived up the hype it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
On 13/01/2019 at 21:47, Chester™ said:

 

The 'promises' and chutzpah havent quite lived up the hype it seems.

 

What's happening with the Racers next year then? Are they still trying to get in to the Elite League?

 

Rather enjoyed the Habs Bruins tilt last night. Felt very much like a playoff game, a feeling I certainly missed last year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
9 hours ago, Gershwin said:

 

What's happening with the Racers next year then? Are they still trying to get in to the Elite League?

 

 

Latest I've heard, from people that have been attending, is that they've shelved that idea and are looking to get into the (mainly) English based NIHL. They're apparently hoping to try to recreate the old BNL, but I'll believe that when I see it. One of the main reasons the NIHL rejected them last year was the cost of travel, so I cant see how thats changed. The EIHL, and I've been told from a couple of usually spot on sources, will not be entertaining them at all, so that might explain why they're looking at longer term alternatives. They'll need something to boost crowds. It seems they were budgeting for 600-800 and getting around 150-200. After an initial bounce, lots drifted away quickly, when they realised the standard wasnt to their liking. And this is all coming from 'Racers' ST holders BTW and others who have been going home and away.

 

The thing with the 'Racers' is that you cant believe anything they say or that might be said about them. Some examples include:

 

'If we dont get EIHL, we'll walk away and the Caps can come back' (direct quote from former director, David Hand) - they didnt

'If we dont get NIHL, we'll walk away and the Caps can come back' (direct quote from former director, David Hand) - they didnt

'Well, the EIHL was too expensive. We werent really interested' (direct quote from Director Willie Dunn) - AH GOAT YEES

'Its all about bringing youth players through' - they sign a 42 year old Martin Cingel (as a player/asst coach), a 43 year old Richard Hartmann, tempt 34 year old Kevin Forshall out of retirement and tempt goalie Mark McGill out of retirement.

'We wont disgrace the city by getting heavily beaten again' - scores against the NIHL (in a 'crossover' type cup) include losses of 11-0, 11-0, 11-1 and 9-1.

 

I've had some of their fans give it 'you should come back, we've an Edinburgh team that wins!'. They forget that the Caps SNL are only a couple of years away from a Grand Slam. :lol:

Edited by Chester™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
On 16/01/2019 at 00:25, Gershwin said:

 

What's happening with the Racers next year then? Are they still trying to get in to the Elite League?

 

 

As an addendum - they've secured a 'letter of intent', from the rink, for next year and they've mentioned there are discussions re 'structural changes', I assume with leagues below the EIHL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

Further update - they've ruled out the Elite League and basically admitted the EIHL dont want them.

(In the EEN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

GMJR on the phones again:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

Stadium Series jerseys:

Penguins - :jjyay:

 

 

Flyers - :sick:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
On 01/02/2019 at 17:31, Chester™ said:

 

 

 

Decent trade. Bjugstad is a big centre who puts up points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
On 02/02/2019 at 18:57, Gershwin said:

 

Decent trade. Bjugstad is a big centre who puts up points.

 

Something needed done as Brassard, for whatever reason, didnt work out.

 

Don't think GMJR is done yet either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

Matthews re-ups in Tronna - 5 years with an $11.346 AAV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
5 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Matthews re-ups in Tronna - 5 years with an $11.346 AAV.

 

He's going to rinse them (or Arizona) once he reaches free agency. And hopefully he has no cups to show for it. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor

Das Boot is very good imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Das Boot is very good imo. 

 

:cornette_dog:

 

Cracking win for the Habs last night...absolutely demolished the high-flying Jets.

 

Now to get in about the queafs on Saturday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turkishcap

Well done to the Racers on winning the SNL title and still unbeaten domestically. Watched most of their games on Racers TV and have been pleasantly  surprised at the standard on show.

 Going by comments on social media the fans seem to be enjoying the effort put in by the team, 3 more trophies to play for.

 Next home game March 10th v Kilmarnock Thunder but please no sectarian chants!

 

 

Edited by Turkishcap
Spelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Well done to the Racers on winning the SNL title and still unbeaten domestically. Watched most of their games on Racers TV and have been pleasantly  surprised at the standard on show.

 Going by comments on social media the fans seem to be enjoying the effort put in by the team, 3 more trophies to play for.

 Next home game March 10th v Kilmarnock Thunder but please no sectarian chants!

 

 

 

Carrying on the tradition that the Caps SNL had of winning trophies (though they didnt have any imports that their disposal). :thumbsup:

 

Absolutely fascinating, seeing some of those who kept going, rewriting history. The mental gymnastics is quite exceptional. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

Quiet night in Long Island then... :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
On 01/03/2019 at 00:29, Chester™ said:

Quiet night in Long Island then... :rofl:

 

What happened? Were they going tits at JT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Gershwin said:

 

What happened? Were they going tits at JT?

Aye. Gave him it tight. Pretty much packed the Coliseum for warm ups, booed, heckled, threw plastic snakes and rats at him and as he was coming off, got a couple of Isles jersey's launched at him, just missing his coopon. And then the Leafs got pumped. :lol:

 

In other news, Dad becomes just the second US born player to reach 1,500 games:

 

 

 

And Sidney Crosby reaches 1,200 points, meaning the Penguins are only one of four franchises to have two players reach that and the first franchise outside the Original 6:

 

 

 

Edited by Chester™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMS Jambo
Posted (edited)
On 25/02/2019 at 10:45, Chester™ said:

 

Carrying on the tradition that the Caps SNL had of winning trophies (though they didnt have any imports that their disposal). :thumbsup:

 

Absolutely fascinating, seeing some of those who kept going, rewriting history. The mental gymnastics is quite exceptional. :lol:

 

The bitterness and rewriting of history from the Scott Neil fan club is also absoloutley fascinating......

 

I can honestly say hand on heart, that I have enjoyed going to Murrayfield this season much more than previous seasons. Majority of games have been competative, and from Christmas onwards the crowds have steadily increased. I realise that we probably only have one more season in SNL before people start to look for progression, but i would rather build slowly than chasing the elite dream and ending up in the same position the Caps found themselves in.

 

And before the stock reply of "i want to watch a higher level of hockey" , getting hammered every Sunday and barely having a roster mid way through every Season, in no way constitutes a higher level of hockey.

Edited by HMS Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, HMS Jambo said:

 

The bitterness and rewriting of history from the Scott Neil fan club is also absoloutley fascinating......

 

I can honestly say hand on heart, that I have enjoyed going to Murrayfield this season much more than previous seasons. Majority of games have been competative, and from Christmas onwards the crowds have steadily increased. I realise that we probably only have one more season in SNL before people start to look for progression, but i would rather build slowly than chasing the elite dream and ending up in the same position the Caps found themselves in.

 

And before the stock reply of "i want to watch a higher level of hockey" , getting hammered every Sunday and barely having a roster mid way through every Season, in no way constitutes a higher level of hockey.

 

If you think I'm part of any Scott Neil fan club, you're very much mistaken. I've not been shy, either here, other social media and indeed, to the man himself, about how things were and how they ended up. Indeed, my personal preference was a total clearing of the decks, of anyone connected to hockey in Edinburgh, and someone else to come in and run the team (and there were interested parties). Alas it was not to be.

 

If you've enjoyed it, good for you. The Caps SNL team used to do the same, on a regular basis. Got pretty boring, very quickly.

 

Until I see some kind of promise made, come good, I'll not be there. And to tell you the truth, I havent missed it for a second. UK hockey is a total shitshow, from top to bottom. Egos, in-fighting, lies. It can all **** off.

Edited by Chester™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin

Ok, been too :seething:at the Habs managing to miss the playoffs (and not fluking the draft lottery) to post my Round 1 Cup predictions...

 

But here they are:

 

EAST

Tampa 4 Columbus 0

New York 4 Pittsburgh 2

Washington 4 Carolina 3

Boston 4 Toronto 1

 

WEST

St Louis 4 Winnipeg 2

Nashville 4 Dallas 1

Calgary 4 Colorado 0

Vegas 4 San Jose 2

 

Cup Prediction: Got to be Tampa Bay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×