NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Another day, another game where Tom Wilson acts like a cock:

He can give all the contrite interviews he wants. He can moan he's 'not that type of player'. The evidence suggests otherwise. And to think, the 'independent' arbiter reduced his suspension.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, rossaldinho said:

Wilson getting battered about by Reaves last night was somewhat pleasing to see. 

There's was chat on Twitter to have a whipround and get him a Christmas present. :lol:

The hit itself is poor, though not sure that it was as bad as Wilson's v NJ that had no supplemental discipline.

24 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

There's was chat on Twitter to have a whipround and get him a Christmas present. :lol:

The hit itself is poor, though not sure that it was as bad as Wilson's v NJ that had no supplemental discipline.

A bit miffed the linesmen got involved when he approached Reaves, would have loved to have seen Ryan unload on Wilson. 

57 minutes ago, rossaldinho said:

A bit miffed the linesmen got involved when he approached Reaves, would have loved to have seen Ryan unload on Wilson. 

No supplemental discipline. :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

I presume it's been mentioned before but I've just realised that Canadiens GK is none other than Antti Niemi (not our one fancying a second career ?)

Shanks said no

Murrayfield Racers are reaching out to fans of Edinburgh’s senior football clubs – Hibernian, Hearts and Edinburgh City – to offer them a fantastic deal to experience ice hockey this weekend.
While the Premiership is now in its winter break, the hockey season is in full swing and the Racers have an enticing offer for season ticket holders of all three clubs.

The Racers take on title rivals Paisley Pirates in the Scottish National League on Sunday (face-off 6.00pm) and season ticket holders of the three clubs can watch the game for just £5 – and kids go free!

In addition, a family of four (2 x adults & 2 x kids) can watch this weekend’s clash for just £10!

Tickets at this special price must be purchased in advance via www.mracers.com/tickets and at least one season ticket must be produced on entry.

So, come on Edinburgh football fans – get down to Murrayfield Ice Rink with the family this Sunday for a great night out and cheer on the Racers as they try to boost their chances of winning the league!

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Murrayfield Racers are reaching out to fans of Edinburgh’s senior football clubs – Hibernian, Hearts and Edinburgh City – to offer them a fantastic deal to experience ice hockey this weekend.
While the Premiership is now in its winter break, the hockey season is in full swing and the Racers have an enticing offer for season ticket holders of all three clubs.

The Racers take on title rivals Paisley Pirates in the Scottish National League on Sunday (face-off 6.00pm) and season ticket holders of the three clubs can watch the game for just £5 – and kids go free!

In addition, a family of four (2 x adults & 2 x kids) can watch this weekend’s clash for just £10!

Tickets at this special price must be purchased in advance via www.mracers.com/tickets and at least one season ticket must be produced on entry.

So, come on Edinburgh football fans – get down to Murrayfield Ice Rink with the family this Sunday for a great night out and cheer on the Racers as they try to boost their chances of winning the league!

No thanks.

On 29/12/2018 at 02:10, Boof said:

I presume it's been mentioned before but I've just realised that Canadiens GK is none other than Antti Niemi (not our one fancying a second career ?)

Niemi seems quite a common name in Finland. The Habs have a young player called Kotkaniemi and I notice the Finnish Jr Squad have a Heponiemi on the roster.

I did a google translation and 'Niemi' apparently means 'peninsula' in English :lol: 

The White Cockade
On 02/01/2019 at 19:42, The Frenchman Returns said:

need all the support they can get to try and keep hockey going in Edinburgh

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

need all the support they can get to try and keep hockey going in Edinburgh

The 'promises' and chutzpah havent quite lived up the hype it seems.

On 13/01/2019 at 21:47, Chester™ said:

The 'promises' and chutzpah havent quite lived up the hype it seems.

What's happening with the Racers next year then? Are they still trying to get in to the Elite League?

Rather enjoyed the Habs Bruins tilt last night. Felt very much like a playoff game, a feeling I certainly missed last year!

9 hours ago, Gershwin said:

What's happening with the Racers next year then? Are they still trying to get in to the Elite League?

Latest I've heard, from people that have been attending, is that they've shelved that idea and are looking to get into the (mainly) English based NIHL. They're apparently hoping to try to recreate the old BNL, but I'll believe that when I see it. One of the main reasons the NIHL rejected them last year was the cost of travel, so I cant see how thats changed. The EIHL, and I've been told from a couple of usually spot on sources, will not be entertaining them at all, so that might explain why they're looking at longer term alternatives. They'll need something to boost crowds. It seems they were budgeting for 600-800 and getting around 150-200. After an initial bounce, lots drifted away quickly, when they realised the standard wasnt to their liking. And this is all coming from 'Racers' ST holders BTW and others who have been going home and away.

The thing with the 'Racers' is that you cant believe anything they say or that might be said about them. Some examples include:

'If we dont get EIHL, we'll walk away and the Caps can come back' (direct quote from former director, David Hand) - they didnt

'If we dont get NIHL, we'll walk away and the Caps can come back' (direct quote from former director, David Hand) - they didnt

'Well, the EIHL was too expensive. We werent really interested' (direct quote from Director Willie Dunn) - AH GOAT YEES

'Its all about bringing youth players through' - they sign a 42 year old Martin Cingel (as a player/asst coach), a 43 year old Richard Hartmann, tempt 34 year old Kevin Forshall out of retirement and tempt goalie Mark McGill out of retirement.

'We wont disgrace the city by getting heavily beaten again' - scores against the NIHL (in a 'crossover' type cup) include losses of 11-0, 11-0, 11-1 and 9-1.

I've had some of their fans give it 'you should come back, we've an Edinburgh team that wins!'. They forget that the Caps SNL are only a couple of years away from a Grand Slam. :lol:

Edited by Chester™

On 16/01/2019 at 00:25, Gershwin said:

As an addendum - they've secured a 'letter of intent', from the rink, for next year and they've mentioned there are discussions re 'structural changes', I assume with leagues below the EIHL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2019 at 18:57, Gershwin said:

Decent trade. Bjugstad is a big centre who puts up points.

Something needed done as Brassard, for whatever reason, didnt work out.

Don't think GMJR is done yet either.

5 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Matthews re-ups in Tronna - 5 years with an $11.346 AAV.

He's going to rinse them (or Arizona) once he reaches free agency. And hopefully he has no cups to show for it. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Das Boot is very good imo. 

:cornette_dog:

Cracking win for the Habs last night...absolutely demolished the high-flying Jets.

Now to get in about the queafs on Saturday night.

• 3 weeks later...

Well done to the Racers on winning the SNL title and still unbeaten domestically. Watched most of their games on Racers TV and have been pleasantly  surprised at the standard on show.

Going by comments on social media the fans seem to be enjoying the effort put in by the team, 3 more trophies to play for.

Next home game March 10th v Kilmarnock Thunder but please no sectarian chants!

Edited by Turkishcap
Spelling.

1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Well done to the Racers on winning the SNL title and still unbeaten domestically. Watched most of their games on Racers TV and have been pleasantly  surprised at the standard on show.

Going by comments on social media the fans seem to be enjoying the effort put in by the team, 3 more trophies to play for.

Next home game March 10th v Kilmarnock Thunder but please no sectarian chants!

Carrying on the tradition that the Caps SNL had of winning trophies (though they didnt have any imports that their disposal). :thumbsup:

Absolutely fascinating, seeing some of those who kept going, rewriting history. The mental gymnastics is quite exceptional. :lol:

On 01/03/2019 at 00:29, Chester™ said:

Quiet night in Long Island then... :rofl:

What happened? Were they going tits at JT?

12 hours ago, Gershwin said:

What happened? Were they going tits at JT?

Aye. Gave him it tight. Pretty much packed the Coliseum for warm ups, booed, heckled, threw plastic snakes and rats at him and as he was coming off, got a couple of Isles jersey's launched at him, just missing his coopon. And then the Leafs got pumped. :lol:

In other news, Dad becomes just the second US born player to reach 1,500 games:

And Sidney Crosby reaches 1,200 points, meaning the Penguins are only one of four franchises to have two players reach that and the first franchise outside the Original 6:

Edited by Chester™

• 2 weeks later...

New UK league structure below the EIHL announced. MK to leave the EIHL for it, returning the Elite to an even number of teams. A team finally up and running in Leeds (using the old Big Blue Tent from Cardiff). And, as was foretold, the Racers arent in it:

https://eiha.co.uk/nihl-new-structure-for-national-league-agreed-by-clubs-to-start-2019-20-season/

On 25/02/2019 at 10:45, Chester™ said:

Carrying on the tradition that the Caps SNL had of winning trophies (though they didnt have any imports that their disposal). :thumbsup:

Absolutely fascinating, seeing some of those who kept going, rewriting history. The mental gymnastics is quite exceptional. :lol:

The bitterness and rewriting of history from the Scott Neil fan club is also absoloutley fascinating......

I can honestly say hand on heart, that I have enjoyed going to Murrayfield this season much more than previous seasons. Majority of games have been competative, and from Christmas onwards the crowds have steadily increased. I realise that we probably only have one more season in SNL before people start to look for progression, but i would rather build slowly than chasing the elite dream and ending up in the same position the Caps found themselves in.

And before the stock reply of "i want to watch a higher level of hockey" , getting hammered every Sunday and barely having a roster mid way through every Season, in no way constitutes a higher level of hockey.

Edited by HMS Jambo

19 minutes ago, HMS Jambo said:

The bitterness and rewriting of history from the Scott Neil fan club is also absoloutley fascinating......

I can honestly say hand on heart, that I have enjoyed going to Murrayfield this season much more than previous seasons. Majority of games have been competative, and from Christmas onwards the crowds have steadily increased. I realise that we probably only have one more season in SNL before people start to look for progression, but i would rather build slowly than chasing the elite dream and ending up in the same position the Caps found themselves in.

And before the stock reply of "i want to watch a higher level of hockey" , getting hammered every Sunday and barely having a roster mid way through every Season, in no way constitutes a higher level of hockey.

If you think I'm part of any Scott Neil fan club, you're very much mistaken. I've not been shy, either here, other social media and indeed, to the man himself, about how things were and how they ended up. Indeed, my personal preference was a total clearing of the decks, of anyone connected to hockey in Edinburgh, and someone else to come in and run the team (and there were interested parties). Alas it was not to be.

If you've enjoyed it, good for you. The Caps SNL team used to do the same, on a regular basis. Got pretty boring, very quickly.

Until I see some kind of promise made, come good, I'll not be there. And to tell you the truth, I havent missed it for a second. UK hockey is a total shitshow, from top to bottom. Egos, in-fighting, lies. It can all **** off.

Edited by Chester™

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, been too :seething:at the Habs managing to miss the playoffs (and not fluking the draft lottery) to post my Round 1 Cup predictions...

But here they are:

EAST

Tampa 4 Columbus 0

New York 4 Pittsburgh 2

Washington 4 Carolina 3

Boston 4 Toronto 1

WEST

St Louis 4 Winnipeg 2

Nashville 4 Dallas 1

Calgary 4 Colorado 0

Vegas 4 San Jose 2

Cup Prediction: Got to be Tampa Bay

As ever, I shall keep my predictions to myself (though I do somewhat agree its hard to look past TBL, right now).

As ever, I shall :jjyay:at the Habs ****ing up. Again. And then watch Gersh make an absolute arse of himself with his vicarious, anti-Pens ways, imagining what its like to have a team living in one's head like they are. :jjyay:

Edited by Chester™

rossaldinho

Hoping Tampa make it to the Stanley Cup. We're in Florida when the games should be on so might be lucky and get a ticket. 

1 hour ago, Chester™ said:

As ever, I shall keep my predictions to myself (though I do somewhat agree its hard to look past TBL, right now).

As ever, I shall :jjyay:at the Habs ****ing up. Again. And then watch Gersh make an absolute arse of himself with his vicarious, anti-Pens ways, imagining what its like to have a team living in one's head like they are. :jjyay:

Anti-Pens ways :rofl: 

Barely given you guys a thought this year.

Decent playoff match up for you though.

Go on, give us your brackets!

25 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Anti-Pens ways :rofl: 

Barely given you guys a thought this year.

Gersh, everytime he sees or hears about the Pens - :seething:

Edited by Chester™

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic