NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

6 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Erm....

Was just about to post that. Seems a pretty bad deal on first inspection. Looks like Montreal are going to have a fight on their hands to finish dead last.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Initial reaction from 'experts' is its absolutely honking. :lol:

It appears they've got a third line scorer (Tierney), a bottom pairing D (DeMelo), a 19th pick in a fairly average draft (Norris) and a young AHL scorer (Balcers). The 1st round pick will probably be a pretty high pick too.

I would have definitely expected a better return. 

On 20/09/2018 at 11:05, Chester™ said:

Naughty from Max Domi:

Like father like son.

That's him suspended for the rest of the preseason.

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Like father like son.

That's him suspended for the rest of the preseason.

That'll teach him. :rofl:

Edited by Chester™

11 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

What's the best sports channel to get to catch up on NHL?

What way do you view TV and are you willing to pay?

Massively biased but Kotkaniemi (Habs' 'off-the-board pick at 3 in the '18 draft) looks like he could be something special. Great vision and poise for an 18 year old. Needs to bulk up a little and his skating could be better but he doesn't look out of place in the late preseason line up.

10 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Chester's pal Tom Wilson at it again. Hitting like it's 1993 :lol: 

Another disgusting, blindside hit to the head. He's an in person hearing which means a possibility of 6 or above. Knowing DoPS, he'll get a game.

On 01/10/2018 at 09:21, Chester™ said:

Another disgusting, blindside hit to the head. He's an in person hearing which means a possibility of 6 or above. Knowing DoPS, he'll get a game.

Twenty games :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Twenty games :rofl: 

Good. About time they came down hard.

'Unprecedented frequency of suspensions in the history of Department of Player Safety'. His 4th in 105 games, just 19 since his last and all for similar offences. Also forfeits $1.2m.

Judging by most around the league that i've seen, both fans and journalists, the consensus is they've got it right.

1 hour ago, Chester™ said:

Good. About time they came down hard.

'Unprecedented frequency of suspensions in the history of Department of Player Safety'. His 4th in 105 games, just 19 since his last and all for similar offences. Also forfeits $1.2m.

Judging by most around the league that i've seen, both fans and journalists, the consensus is they've got it right.

I think they have. A quarter of the season is a big deal. Hope he learns from it this time.

Decent start to the season for the Habs despite last night's OT loss. Thought we dominated most of the game and we pretty unlucky to lose. Some proper iffy calls in the first gave the Leafs loads of powerplay time - it was as if the refs just wanted to see Toronto's much publicised first powerplay unit! Delighted to see Alzner scratched too. The team looked so quick out there without him.

Now on to Boston...

:lol: 

8 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Decent start to the season for the Habs despite last night's OT loss. Thought we dominated most of the game and we pretty unlucky to lose. Some proper iffy calls in the first gave the Leafs loads of powerplay time - it was as if the refs just wanted to see Toronto's much publicised first powerplay unit! Delighted to see Alzner scratched too. The team looked so quick out there without him.

Now on to Boston...

:lol: 

The Habs looked very good last night and Leafs were lucky to win. Both goalies played very well.  But a win is a win ... 

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Habs looked very good last night and Leafs were lucky to win. Both goalies played very well.  But a win is a win ... 

Toronto need to trade for 2/3 decent D this year if they're going to get near the cup imho.

30 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Toronto need to trade for 2/3 decent D this year if they're going to get near the cup imho.

It's a problem they've been trying to solve for a couple of years, without success.

The approach they're taking this year seems to be that if they can keep the puck in the opposing end it will take the pressure off the defence.  That didn't work too well last night.

22 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's a problem they've been trying to solve for a couple of years, without success.

The approach they're taking this year seems to be that if they can keep the puck in the opposing end it will take the pressure off the defence.  That didn't work too well last night.

Sportsnet describing Hainsey as the leaf's best penalty killer had me laughing.

Nice to see the Pens are sacking defense and going with the old 'if they score one (or more), we'll score two (or more) approach'. :greggy:

6 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Nice to see the Pens are sacking defense and going with the old 'if they score one (or more), we'll score two (or more) approach'. :greggy:

Looking forward to our game on Saturday then!

14 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Looking forward to our game on Saturday then!

Doubt I'll be awake for it. Constantly up early for uni, shitload of study to do and the MotoGP starts at 8am.

2 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Doubt I'll be awake for it. Constantly up early for uni, shitload of study to do and the MotoGP starts at 8am.

Me neither. Got a stag do in Glasgow tomorrow (although I’m shamelessly getting the last train home). Guess there’s a chance I’ll catch the end but I’ll be half cut so probably unlikely.

:verysmug:

Cracking win. Lord Byron opening his account for the season. Pens looked really rusty though. Watched periods 2 & 3 and I didn’t notice Crosby at all.

On 05/10/2018 at 07:01, Chester™ said:

The Leafs are trying a similar 'outscore our defensive mistakes' approach.  They won 7-6 in Chicago last night.  That sounds more like an NFL score!

8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Leafs are trying a similar 'outscore our defensive mistakes' approach.  They won 7-6 in Chicago last night.  That sounds more like an NFL score!

The last few minutes were mental! 

On 12/10/2018 at 15:25, Gershwin said:

Austin Nostrils with 9 goals already this season :muggy: 

He certainly has a nose for goal.  Make it 10 now after Leafs win against Washington. :winkiss:

After spending loads of time trying to find feeds for games I've just discovered that I can watch games live on my William Hill app. So basically if you open an account with £10 it gives you a season for a tenner. 

On 16/10/2018 at 01:02, Tazio said:

After spending loads of time trying to find feeds for games I've just discovered that I can watch games live on my William Hill app. So basically if you open an account with £10 it gives you a season for a tenner. 

And in doing so, are you aware of any form of black magic (or electronic jiggery-pokery - I'm not fussy) that would allow one to view it up on a telly?

The puck is hard enough to see on that far less a phone screen smaller than a beermat.

Apparently the PA said that Rule 48 wasnt broken - :vrface:

Said if he was to be suspended, no more than 8 (EIGHT) games - :vrface:

Parros warned Wilson twice in last year's playoffs to change how he was playing and hitting other players - :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Have the Hawks appointed the NHL's Cathro?

:berra:

No.

He's played at a high level. Retired young due to concussion issues. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Chester™ said:

No.

He's played at a high level. Retired young due to concussion issues. 

I knew about his concussion and playing career and that he was successful coach at a lower level,  I meant have they promoted him above his capabilities. Real Hawks fans I've seen on various platforms seem to think so and are not happy with the sacking of Q and the non sacking of Bowman.

They've been quite scathing about this and the LV Knights game did not sooth furrowed brows...

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I knew about his concussion and playing career and that he was successful coach at a lower level,  I meant have they promoted him above his capabilities. Real Hawks fans I've seen on various platforms seem to think so and are not happy with the sacking of Q and the non sacking of Bowman.

They've been quite scathing about this and the LV Knights game did not sooth furrowed brows...

You can only piss with the cock you've got.

The Blackhawks issue is the GM and the ridiculous contracts handed out that have hamstrung the team.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic