• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chester™
4 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Here's one for Chester :jj:

Screen_Shot_2018-06-08_at_4_18.44_am.png

Well done Washington. Ovie finally gets one.

Nice to see you still living vicariously through other teams for cup wins as you've never seen your team hoist one. :jjyay:

Edited by Chester™

2 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Well done Washington. Ovie finally gets one.

Nice to see you still living vicariously through other teams for cup wins as you've never seen your team hoist one. :jjyay:

Technically not true :lol: 

ITV had a shitty highlights package that started at some point during the 92/93 season.

Edited by Gershwin

Chester™
1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

Technically not true :lol: 

ITV had a shitty highlights package that started at some point during the 92/93 season.

Technically is true. As well you know. :jjyay:

Not likely to change any time soon either. :jjyay:

3 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Technically is true. As well you know. :jjyay:

Not likely to change any time soon either. :jjyay:

The second part is sadly true :seething: 

I’ve been in Vegas for all five games and watched them all at Toshiba Plaza. Washington were deserved winners. Just a series too far for the Golden Knights. 

The atmosphere has been amazing and the city has really taken to the team. Everywhere you go there are messages of support. Like the statue outside ceasers holding a hockey stick and Knights flag and the Statue of Liberty wearing a Knights top. 

As I said the better team won but Vegas should be very proud of their team. ??

Konrad von Carstein

Love a Gershwin blow by blow  postings of a game...(especially when the Canadiens are getting roasted :lol: )

And his and Chester's hate, hate relationship :) , get a room guys :wub:

The Murrayfield 'We'll Walk Away if Not Elite League' 'Racers' have finally found a league to accept them - The Scottish National League. No coincidence that the Chairman of said league is a Mr D Hand.

On 6/11/2018 at 15:08, Chester™ said:

The Murrayfield 'We'll Walk Away if Not Elite League' 'Racers' have finally found a league to accept them - The Scottish National League. No coincidence that the Chairman of said league is a Mr D Hand.

:rofl:

Who plays in that league? The Dumfries Vikings, the Ayr Bruins and Tayside Tigers?

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

:rofl:

Who plays in that league? The Dumfries Vikings, the Ayr Bruins and Tayside Tigers?

Not far off.

Teams like:

Kirkcaldy Kestrels

Moray Typhoons

Solway Stingrays

Paisley Pirates

and so on...

Play 20 league games and a few cup games. Thoroughly embarrassing.

I'm sure it was all worth it to have just a SNL team in the rink.

Edited by Chester™

Also reading that their assistant GM is missing some of the draft as he's up in court on a different harassment charge :lol:

2 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Pretty odd story coming out of Ottawa about the alleged harassment of Erik Karlsson and his wife.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rumours-karlssons-harassment-circulating-time/

Some of the alleged comments from Hoffman's Mrs are absolutely disgusting. Perhaps explains why Karlsson wanted out.

2 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Also reading that their assistant GM is missing some of the draft as he's up in court on a different harassment charge :lol:

Randy Lee's going to be lucky to get away with just 'harassment'. Sounds like he's sexually assaulted the poor guy and made some pretty horrible comments.

16 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Some of the alleged comments from Hoffman's Mrs are absolutely disgusting. Perhaps explains why Karlsson wanted out.

Randy Lee's going to be lucky to get away with just 'harassment'. Sounds like he's sexually assaulted the poor guy and made some pretty horrible comments.

All the other players' wives comments are pretty damning. 1000s of messages apparently as well!

Didn't know the other one was a sexual harassment. Jeezo.

36 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Didn't know the other one was a sexual harassment. Jeezo.

https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/06/01/ottawa-senators-randy-lee-arrest

Goes into part of it. I've seen the apparent comments online (though I cant find them just now). They arent nice. Without wanting to sound chippy or downplaying, if they had been directed to a 19 year old woman, there might be a bit more furore.

Edited by Chester™

6 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Habs-Yotes trade:

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1558409?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Galchenyuk for Domi

I'm sure Gersh will be thrilled...

Hmmm, looks like another poor, poor trade by Bergevin.

Both players didn’t have the best of years but AG has had way more impact in the league imho. I think we should be getting more back. Hopefully there’s a pick involved too.

Personally, I thought they should have given AG more time to develop as a center. Felt a bit sorry for him getting shunted around the line up. Seems, once again, like his face didn’t fit.

Nice to have a T1D on the team though.

I should also add, if you’re going to trade one of your few assets, trade him for something you need (like a bloody center or a LD!!!!).

On 6/16/2018 at 09:24, Gershwin said:

Hmmm, looks like another poor, poor trade by Bergevin.

He's getting ravaged by the media for it.

In other news, David Hand has resigned his position from the holding company of the Fake Racers...

4 hours ago, Chester™ said:

He's getting ravaged by the media for it.

Deservedly so. I certainly think he should be getting more back.

Some of his comments in the press conference were just plain weird - telling folk Domi was great in junior and you should watch his YouTube video!

I genuinely don't know how he still has a job. He loses nearly every trade he makes.

Slightly concerned what he's going to do at the draft. He'll probably trade for Hoffman's Mrs.

Edited by Gershwin

13 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Slightly concerned what he's going to do at the draft. He'll probably trade for Hoffman's Mrs.

Speaking of which, Hoffman 'reached out' (I hate that phrase) to the Karlsson's. Hoffman said he was surprised he didnt have a reply. :rofl:

What an arse.

1 minute ago, Chester™ said:

Speaking of which, Hoffman 'reached out' (I hate that phrase) to the Karlsson's. Hoffman said he was surprised he didnt have a reply. :rofl:

What an arse.

He's definitely running some kind of sincerity campaign.

If she's guilty and he wasn't involved, I'd expect him to ditch her. So they're either telling the truth (and they are innocent) or he's just as involved as she is.

23 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

He's definitely running some kind of sincerity campaign.

If she's guilty and he wasn't involved, I'd expect him to ditch her. So they're either telling the truth (and they are innocent) or he's just as involved as she is.

Or love is blind.

Someone said on Twitter:

'Hoffman - you're a pro hockey player with millions in the bank. You'll find another woman easy enough'.

7 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Or love is blind.

Someone said on Twitter:

'Hoffman - you're a pro hockey player with millions in the bank. You'll find another woman easy enough'.

Would take him at the Habs. :lol: 

Trotz resigns from Washington - from what I gather from early comments, its because Leonsis wouldnt give him a raise. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Trotz resigns from Washington - from what I gather from early comments, its because Leonsis wouldnt give him a raise. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

He'll be the next Islanders coach.

18 hours ago, Chester™ said:

And you thought Bergevin was a mug:

Ottawa still have to decide whether they give Colorado this year's first or next year's! 

San Jose making room for Tavares?

39 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

San Jose making room for Tavares?

Thats one of the thoughts, though they've a couple of RFA's that need tied up too.

Apparently Price is on the market as well...

12 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Thats one of the thoughts, though they've a couple of RFA's that need tied up too.

Apparently Price is on the market as well...

Carey?

Hopefully someone takes him. Never worth the stupid money Bergevin gave him.

28 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Carey?

Hopefully someone takes him. Never worth the stupid money Bergevin gave him.

Aye.

He would've got paid with you or elsewhere, such the love in with him.

Montreal media, from what I can see, arent too impressed with the rumours though.

10 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Aye.

He would've got paid with you or elsewhere, such the love in with him.

Montreal media, from what I can see, arent too impressed with the rumours though.

He's a declining asset unfortunately. Bad injuries and not had a good run in two/three years.

Chat of a trade with the Blues apparently. They've got a few decent young centres so hopefully we'd get one of those back.

Edited by Gershwin

5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

He's a declining asset unfortunately. Bad injuries and not had a good run in two/three years.

Chat of a trade with the Blues apparently. They've got a few decent young centres so hopefully we'd get one of those back.

Its Bergevin now. You'll get Scottie Upshall and a 7th rounder. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Its Bergevin now. You'll get Scottie Upshall and a 7th rounder. :lol:

:seething:

That man is a *****.

On 6/18/2018 at 23:55, Gershwin said:

He'll be the next Islanders coach.

About to be agreed. Multi year deal at around $4m per.

Though judging by some of the chat, Trotz might not be enough to keep Tavares there (though this has all the hallmarks of having a look around then deciding to stay put).

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic