NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Chester™
24 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Round 2 of the NHL playoffs has been a belter. 

Loved Ovi's winner last night. Not sure what Maata was thinking on the blue line! The Pittsburgh fan's reaction behind the glass was most amusing.

Tom Wilson with another questionable hit in the game too. Think he'll get a suspension for leaving his feet.

I usually keep quiet during the playoffs and let them play out but Wilson is a ****ing dirty *****, sitting there laughing after the hit like it was all a good thing. The League are absolute joke and after not suspending Wilson for the shocking hit on Dumoulin, has now managed to go headhunting, again, leaving ZAR with a broken jaw and a concussion. And on top of that, despite it being a shan play by Maatta, Wilson gets to slewfoot him, right in front of the officials.

I'll bet Wilson gets next to heehaw for the hit.

I'm not surprised we're down in the series. We havent been great overall but when you're seeing decisions like this, you get really ****ing frustrated.

Edited by Chester™

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Chester™ said:

I usually keep quiet during the playoffs and let them play out but Wilson is a ****ing dirty *****, sitting there laughing after the hit like it was all a good thing. The League are absolute joke and after not suspending Wilson for the shocking hit on Dumoulin, has now managed to go headhunting, again, leaving ZAR with a broken jaw and a concussion. And on top of that, despite it being a shan play by Maatta, Wilson gets to slewfoot him, right in front of the officials.

I'll bet Wilson gets next to heehaw for the hit.

I'm not surprised we're down in the series. We havent been great overall but when you're seeing decisions like this, you get really ****ing frustrated.

Not sure there was much he could about the Dumoulin hit. BD braced himself and moved at the last second in anticipation of Ovechkin coming in.

I’ll need to watch the winner again for this slewfooting incident.

Chester™
3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Not sure there was much he could about the Dumoulin hit. BD braced himself and moved at the last second in anticipation of Ovechkin coming in.

I’ll need to watch the winner again for this slewfooting incident.

He took his shoulder and raised into his head. Part of the issue is the difference between the NHL and everyone else's rules, where its described as 'there is no such thing as clean hit to the head, accidental or on purpose'. He knew fine well what he was doing. He's a lengthy record for headhunting and the only people giving him the benefit of the doubt are NHL DoPS, Caps fans and arseholes.

Here's the Maatta incident:

As you can see, a clear trip/slewfoot. Officials saw it as well.

Chester™
10 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I see the Boston Big Nose is stirring things up in the Bruins Bolts series :rofl:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/brad-marchands-licking-overshadowing-bruins-lightning-series/

He's such a *****. Thankfully he'll be on the golf course on Monday morning.

Absolutely ****ing disgusting. He'll be absolutely riddled. Manky *******.

14 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Absolutely ****ing disgusting. He'll be absolutely riddled. Manky *******.

What did you make of the alleged Crosby spitting incident?

I agree on the Wilson slewfoot by the way. Although I think the ref/lino next to the incident was following the puck and missed it.

Chester™
52 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

What did you make of the alleged Crosby spitting incident?

I agree on the Wilson slewfoot by the way. Although I think the ref/lino next to the incident was following the puck and missed it.

There was no spit. Caps players said there wasnt. Many Caps fans said it wasnt/video was doctored. Its deflection to try to get away from yet another Wilson headshot.

Chester™
11 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Bruins oot.

We'll be joining them. Just not at the races these playoffs (or all season really). Two in a row and 100 games a season plus the World Cup et al is beginning to catch up I think. Though in Letang's case, its mainly brainfarts.

1 hour ago, Chester™ said:

We'll be joining them. Just not at the races these playoffs (or all season really). Two in a row and 100 games a season plus the World Cup et al is beginning to catch up I think. Though in Letang's case, its mainly brainfarts.

Murray just doesn't look as sharp. Game 5 was ridiculously open though. Everyone seemed to be getting chances and it really could have gone either way.

Tampa look like they're in a good position - they've got scoring and leadership right across the lineup and Brayden Point is having some playoffs (even if he was -5 in Game 1 vs the Booins). I think they'll take either Washington or Pittsburgh in the conference final.

In the West I expect Winnipeg to advance from this round but I'm not sure how a match up with Vegas will go. Creepy MAF is on fire for the Golden Knights.

Chester™

As expected, we're oot.

Not to complain too much though. 307 games in 3 seasons (and 'unfit' 'fat' Phil played them all). Stanley Cup champs for 695 days. Great accomplishment from a great team.

Lightning-Knights final please. Let Fleury have his threepeat.

Good start to the Eastern Conference Finals from the Caps. The whole team seems to be playing as one with the third and fourth lines putting up numbers as well. Didn't think they'd win either game in Tampa but to come away with 2 wins and only conceding one 5 on 5 goal shows good consistency. They need the same tempo at their home games too as the Bolts are going to have to come out all guns blazing. Their performances on the road gave been impressive, 7-1 with Holtby going 10-2 since coming in for Grubauer. 

2 hours ago, dougal said:

Good start to the Eastern Conference Finals from the Caps. The whole team seems to be playing as one with the third and fourth lines putting up numbers as well. Didn't think they'd win either game in Tampa but to come away with 2 wins and only conceding one 5 on 5 goal shows good consistency. They need the same tempo at their home games too as the Bolts are going to have to come out all guns blazing. Their performances on the road gave been impressive, 7-1 with Holtby going 10-2 since coming in for Grubauer. 

All without Backstrom too. Plus the refs pretty much gave the Bolts a goal with that shan penalty call in the first period of Game 2.

I really enjoy watching Kuznetsov play. He's such a smooth skater.

Thought Kucherov should have got suspended for his kick myself.

I see Jagr as signed a new contract. His 30th season of professional hockey!

46 years old and still going

5 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Some going! He's definitely winding down though. His massive arse just didn't cut it in Calgary.

Turkishcap

Just watched on YT the way Las Vegas do their pre game stuff, what can you say, pure theatre beats watching a solo skater or the zamboni going round.

On 19/05/2018 at 10:10, Turkishcap said:

Just watched on YT the way Las Vegas do their pre game stuff, what can you say, pure theatre beats watching a solo skater or the zamboni going round.

You got a link?

I see Washington are making a proper arse of the conference final.

And Vegas are one win away from the finals :lol:

The White Cockade
On 17/05/2018 at 08:13, Alan_R said:

Absolutely brilliant player at his peak 

imagine having him and Mario on your first line !!!

Chester™

And there we have it. The final nail in the coffin. They tried again. Got told no. Again:

EIHL goes with 11:

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/view/eliteicehockey/latest-news/news_503682

What this means now for hockey in Edinburgh is anyone's guess. The Racers, it appears, have ice time but no league to play in after both the EIHL and NIHL said no (as many predicted and told the rink would happen). The Caps are still going as a company, still have bills to pay (like those on uni deals that have stayed during the summer) but have no ice and no league to play in.

And there we have it. The final nail in the coffin. They tried again. Got told no. Again:

EIHL goes with 11:

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/view/eliteicehockey/latest-news/news_503682

What this means now for hockey in Edinburgh is anyone's guess. The Racers, it appears, have ice time but no league to play in after both the EIHL and NIHL said no (as many predicted and told the rink would happen). The Caps are still going as a company, still have bills to pay (like those on uni deals that have stayed during the summer) but have no ice and no league to play in.

What a shambles!

Chester™
13 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

What a shambles!

Of course it is. It didn't need to happen either and certain parties were told from the start this would be the outcome. The Racers, so the story goes, were so full of themselves, that they didn't even attend the NIHL meeting when they were asked. No backup. What a joke.

Would be interesting to know if there are any clauses in the contract between the 'not the real Racers' and the rink in the event of them being unable to secure a league to play in. Are they going to have to shell out for ice time costs - even if they've not got a team to use it?

Chester™
42 minutes ago, red21 said:

Would be interesting to know if there are any clauses in the contract between the 'not the real Racers' and the rink in the event of them being unable to secure a league to play in. Are they going to have to shell out for ice time costs - even if they've not got a team to use it?

Good question.

The rink said that the ice time would still be the fake Racers regardless. Cutting your nose off springs to mind but not surprising.

Turkishcap

As usual from afar I will keep an eye on my adopted Solway Sharks. Having had time to digest this from all sides and emotion aside yes it’s been a gigantic shambles all round, no one escapes this but the fans suffer.

Chester™
1 minute ago, rossaldinho said:

Vegas or Capitals

Who's taking it?

FLEURY, FLEURY, FLEURY!!

I miss him so much. :sob:

FLEURY, FLEURY, FLEURY!!

I miss him so much. :sob:

Ovi, Ovi, Ovi :jj:Routing for the Caps in this house! Plus I really can't been hooped with the Golden Knights.

Fleury has been something else these playoffs though. 

Interesting that it's two teams that George McPhee (kind of) built facing each other in the final. 

I'm just delighted we don't have to see any more of Victor Hedman's shit eating grin.

Chester™

Further revelations re the Edinburgh situation. The rink arent looking great here and it appears they're being economical with the truth as well:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/ice-hockey/capitals/late-bid-to-save-capital-pro-ice-hockey-fails-despite-league-s-cash-offer-1-4745151/amp#click=https://t.co/7IttBfonVw

And thats only part of it.

:vrface::cornette:

Heading to Vegas tomorrow and looked into getting tickets. The cheapest are $700!! 

:cornette:

Hopefully there will will be some kind of viewing parties to watch the games. 

4 minutes ago, RDC1 said:

Heading to Vegas tomorrow and looked into getting tickets. The cheapest are $700!! 

:cornette:

Hopefully there will will be some kind of viewing parties to watch the games. 

They've had ones for all the previous games.

In fact a quick google found this one!

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/38259842/watch-all-seven-stanley-cup-games-at-henderson-pavilions-vegas-golden-knights-viewing-parties

Further revelations re the Edinburgh situation. The rink arent looking great here and it appears they're being economical with the truth as well:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/ice-hockey/capitals/late-bid-to-save-capital-pro-ice-hockey-fails-despite-league-s-cash-offer-1-4745151/amp#click=https://t.co/7IttBfonVw

And thats only part of it.

An article that creates so many questions about what actually happened. Sad that hockey in Edinburgh has been landed with a set of circumstances and characters that reduce its chances of running a half decent team to zero. Not a new situation by any means - and one that's unlikely to change until there's a change of shareholders at the rink - or the mythical new multi purpose arena makes an appearance. 

Chester™
2 hours ago, rossaldinho said:

Wilson at it again with a blind-sided hit on Marchessault last night...

So much for the 'Reaves is a deterrent' narrative...

Edited by Chester™

Chester™
On 28/05/2018 at 00:32, red21 said:

An article that creates so many questions about what actually happened. Sad that hockey in Edinburgh has been landed with a set of circumstances and characters that reduce its chances of running a half decent team to zero. Not a new situation by any means - and one that's unlikely to change until there's a change of shareholders at the rink - or the mythical new multi purpose arena makes an appearance. 

There's things I cant go into but it was a stitch up from the start.

For all the Caps failings, of which there were many, it transpires that they asked the rink for long term leases and if they'd got such a lease, it would have meant significant investment from various parties. Said parties didnt want to commit to such funding if the Caps could be kicked out easily. Thats cost the team tens (perhaps hundreds) of thousands over many years, money that would have seen a better standard of player and better standard of off-ice benefits. The rink, again, screwed them. Terrible stuff.

On 25/05/2018 at 14:45, Gershwin said:

They've had ones for all the previous games.

In fact a quick google found this one!

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/38259842/watch-all-seven-stanley-cup-games-at-henderson-pavilions-vegas-golden-knights-viewing-parties

Ended up going to Toshiba Plaza which is just outside the arena. There was a Concert and DJ before watching the game on the big screen. Great atmosphere and had a brilliant time. Will head back up tonight but will probably have a few drinks first. $15 for cans of beer that can be bought for $1.99 in Walgreens.      :berra:

16 minutes ago, RDC1 said:

Ended up going to Toshiba Plaza which is just outside the arena. There was a Concert and DJ before watching the game on the big screen. Great atmosphere and had a brilliant time. Will head back up tonight but will probably have a few drinks first. $15 for cans of beer that can be bought for $1.99 in Walgreens.      :berra:

Good stuff! The yanks love a good corporate knees up.

Went to the home opener of the UCLA Bruins at the Rose Bowl last year and the pre-game stuff going on in the car park was something else.

Hopefully hearts plan to make better use of Foundation Plaza!

rossaldinho
On 29/05/2018 at 13:30, Chester™ said:

So much for the 'Reaves is a deterrent' narrative...

I'm sure you'll enjoy this...

Chester™
1 minute ago, rossaldinho said:

I'm sure you'll enjoy this...

Meh.

I'd rather Wilson answered the bell. He wont though because he's a shitebag.

Great game from the Caps tonight. The Flower has well and truly wilted in these finals.

3 zip Washington after the first period. Tom Wilson with a goal too :rofl:

Getting a bit of a man crush on Kuznetsov. He's surely going to win the Conn Smythe here.

MAF's gonna need the back up to win him another cup. Cause he's been pony this series.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic