• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JamboInSouthsea

Minnesota win 2 goals to 1.

Backstrom absolutely outstanding for Minnesota it must be said.

Think I'll stay up for the Habs Isles game tonight - Got a leaving do (with a free bar) tonight but I think I'll sneak off at 11.

Nice to see Le CH top of the pile :thumbsup:

Edited by Gershwin

JamboInSouthsea

Ah, a free bar, can't remember last time I heard those beautiful and slightly scary words.

Good luck in leaving if you can, will be watching the game when i get in from work...no free bar but there's a few tinnies in the fridge in waiting.

Ah, a free bar, can't remember last time I heard those beautiful and slightly scary words.

Good luck in leaving if you can, will be watching the game when i get in from work...no free bar but there's a few tinnies in the fridge in waiting.

Get quite a lot of free bars through work functions, production companies trying to woo you for business and folk leaving that I'm now a bit tired of them. Plus I'm looking forward to the game - there should be a bit of needle after Wednesday night.

Hope folk are watching the Pens-Flyers game. 4 mins in - 32PIM; two fights in the first minute! :lol:

Sounds good! I'm struggling to focus, but I hope both teams lose. Badly.

Sounds good! I'm struggling to focus, but I hope both teams lose. Badly.

Been a good start. Engelland busted open Jody Shelley too. 1-0 Pens. Letang with a nice goal.

TV angle at the Nassau is ******* terrible.

It is indeed. It looks the worst arena in the league too. If you ever listen to the NHL Hour podcast, Bettman goes on about it once a week.

Still 1-0 Pens. Philly's new keeper looks not bad.

It is indeed. It looks the worst arena in the league too. If you ever listen to the NHL Hour podcast, Bettman goes on about it once a week.

Still 1-0 Pens. Philly's new keeper looks not bad.

Bettman is a bellchief though.

Who is in nets for the flyers? And is it Brent or Marc-Andre for the Pens?

Bettman is a bellchief though.

Who is in nets for the flyers? And is it Brent or Marc-Andre for the Pens?

The Russian dood (Bobrovsky). MAF for Pens, whose been ok so far (queue his usual brainfart).

As for Bettman, at least he sticks his neck out for questions and seems pretty approachable. Unlike some other sports chiefs I can think of.

JamboInSouthsea

Just got in from work and the stream I usually use is not playing dice at the mo...YYYAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH....will get a tinny and roll on e up, see if that helps!!!

JamboInSouthsea

Fecking www.atdhe.net seems to be down, anybody else tried it tonight?

If it ain't working by tomorrow night will definitely sign up to espn player, should be a bit more reliable.

How's yer heid Gerswhin after all that free booze?

JamboInSouthsea

Just took a wee look for you and its working fine for me.

Weird, it's still down for me...keep getting a timeout but nothing else affected.

Will watch the highlights later on.

Fecking www.atdhe.net seems to be down, anybody else tried it tonight?

If it ain't working by tomorrow night will definitely sign up to espn player, should be a bit more reliable.

How's yer heid Gerswhin after all that free booze?

As you may have realised, I wiped out sometime around 1.18am!

Florida 2-1 up with a penalty shot - quite funny as Carey Price had a bit of gob hanging from his mask just as it was about to happen.

JamboInSouthsea

Just got in after a hectic eve culminating in me feeling like reversing over a pi**ed jaywalker who thought it would be fun to gob at me in passing...lucky none came in car.

Have got hockey up and running now albeit with french/canadian commentary.

Ah me first beer of the day!!!!

JamboInSouthsea

Game over at 3-1 so think I'll watch Blackhawks game now.

Didn't think much of Montreal tonight but only caught 3rd period.

Jimmy McNulty

Leafs reverting back to their expected form. At least the Sens took a shoeing from Boston. Decent game. Boston look good. Am watching the Calgary vs Caps game right now. Atmosphere really flat, which is weird, since I went to a game at the Saddledome a few years back and it was hopping!

Game over at 3-1 so think I'll watch Blackhawks game now.

Didn't think much of Montreal tonight but only caught 3rd period.

They were the better team in the first then fell away. Didn't see the third as I fell asleep, but the Panthers thoroughly deserved their victory. Good to have Markov back but he looked pretty rusty!

Leafs reverting back to their expected form. At least the Sens took a shoeing from Boston. Decent game. Boston look good. Am watching the Calgary vs Caps game right now. Atmosphere really flat, which is weird, since I went to a game at the Saddledome a few years back and it was hopping!

Boston are looking good. Thomas is playing a blinder and Horton is fairly banging the goals in. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Savard and Sturm come back from injury is pushes them over the salary cap, and they'll have to move somebody on. I was just reading that Keith Yandle might be involved in a trade to the Bruins which could be interesting.

Also reading that Parise and Jeff Carter might be getting punted by their respective clubs - they can both come to the Habs if they want!

Jimmy McNulty

So, Flames game lit up in 2nd -- Caps scored 6 without reply. Christ, the flames look bad.

You're gonna see more and more big contracts bought out or players sent to the minors to free up salary cap room.

The days of keeping a player in the big team just because of their salaries are over.

alwaysthereinspirit

Bruins still looking good. Goal difference and goals against speak for themselves. Thomas has been unbelievable, just need Rask to get a wee bit of luck when he gets his turn and we'll be fine. Wont be to many blow outs this season.

Also reading that Parise and Jeff Carter might be getting punted by their respective clubs - they can both come to the Habs if they want!

Parise is going nowhere at the minute. Reports say he might have a season ending knee injury.

As for Carter, TSN were reporting that he was all set to sign a new deal. Wouldnt surprise me if he goes mind.

There is going to be a lot of posturing over the course of the season. The CBA is up at season's end.

J.T.F.Robertson

So, Flames game lit up in 2nd -- Caps scored 6 without reply. Christ, the flames look bad.

You're gonna see more and more big contracts bought out or players sent to the minors to free up salary cap room.

The days of keeping a player in the big team just because of their salaries are over.

Sutter's incompetence has been coming home to roost for 2 or 3 seasons now. An ageing team, Iggy looking more and more like he's done and with next to nothing in the minors.

It's going to be a long way back to respectibility ..... a long way.

Konrad von Carstein

Just checked last nights' scores...jeez Chicago took a beating...no comment from Konrad ;)

Konrad has no comment to make <_<

Konrad is pleased however that things got back on track versus "The Wild" :lol:

Konrad has had a heavy weekend and watching hockey was not on Konrad's agenda :mellow:

Konrad bids you a good evening :thumbsup::lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein

Sutter's incompetence has been coming home to roost for 2 or 3 seasons now. An ageing team, Iggy looking more and more like he's done and with next to nothing in the minors.

It's going to be a long way back to respectibility ..... a long way.

Complete overhaul of management and players required there JTF???

Hopefully (for you) Flames are at the bottom of the downward slope and can pick it up in the next couple of seasons.

J.T.F.Robertson

Complete overhaul of management and players required there JTF???

Hopefully (for you) Flames are at the bottom of the downward slope and can pick it up in the next couple of seasons.

The whole thing, mate, imo. (and I'm not alone)

The Sutter "dynasty" has been catered to for much too long. I don't necessarily blame the coach, Sutter, but his brother should have been shown the door a while ago. He never has adapted to the "new" NHL, again, imo and there's an arrogance about him these days, which he has no right to project, given we've been mostly sheeite for the last few seasons.

I think the only reason he hasn't been canned, is the fact the family is such an iconic name and with them being from Alberta, he's been given leeway an "outsider" GM, would never have been allowed.

God, Hearts were $hite today! dry.gif

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic