zaliukas

oh ah grantona

The Treasurer

I think Zal will play.

JJ had to call on Goncalves at Tannadice (a few weeks after after he was dropped for not signing a new deal) because we were so short on defenders - I see no reason for him not doing the same thing here.

One minor detail that most people have overlooked, Zal has been out injured for several weeks and apart from a bounce game this week is well short of match fitness.

One minor detail that most people have overlooked, Zal has been out injured for several weeks and apart from a bounce game this week is well short of match fitness.

Vlad flu strikes again.

I think Zal will play.

JJ had to call on Goncalves at Tannadice (a few weeks after after he was dropped for not signing a new deal) because we were so short on defenders - I see no reason for him not doing the same thing here.

Agreed, although Jose was contracted while Marius is on loan.

Is that why he didn't play for Lithuania either blink.gif

I've no idea why he didn't play for Lithuania.

Maybe they have better centre halves in their squad.

Johanes de Silentio

I think Zal will play.

Surely the difference is that Jose was played to cover for injury and/or suspension? (I cannae mind, tbh!)

In Zal's case, JJ wants to play him because our defenders are just plain shite!

If enough defenders are available, Vlad might prefer them to play? I don't know.

The Treasurer

I've no idea why he didn't play for Lithuania.

Maybe they have better centre halves in their squad.

No, it was because he was injured, as stated by the Lithuanian coaching staff.

If JJ plays him against the wishes of Romanov I will support him in anything else he does during he his 2nd tenure at the club. I don't expect it will last all that much longer should he take that stance but my respect for him would never falter again. I would love him to make that decision and pick MZ.

A loyal stance Magic but I'm not convinced that your respect would necessarily soothe him as he made his swift and unceremonious leap into early retirement :)

In the long run, Marius Zaliukas isn't worth it if it means our owner and manager having one almighty falling out. Then we'd have much more to worry about than just a rickety defence.

Johanes de Silentio

I take it we're the only club interested in Zal?

Surely the Moscow giants who were allegedly ready to part with ?2M for Zal a while back will want to snap him up for free? :blink:

Archived