Well done Miko!

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

for getting us a point :thumbs_up:

I started a thread a few weeks backs about playing Miko in a strikers role, and got absolute pelters for it, fair do's, everyone has an opinion. He may very well be a bit lightweight, but if he see's the smallest opening he'll shoot from anywhere, he probably would sky more than he'd score but I would still like to see him get a run in that position in a 4-4-2 formation, with a stronger guy in support.

Just my opinion though :)

I started a thread a few weeks backs about playing Miko in a strikers role, and got absolute pelters for it, fair do's, everyone has an opinion. He may very well be a bit lightweight, but if he see's the smallest opening he'll shoot from anywhere, he probably would sky more than he'd score but I would still like to see him get a run in that position in a 4-4-2 formation, with a stronger guy in support.

Lets build the team round this outstanding prospect. With Miko at the heart of everything we can easily make the CL in the coming seasons. The way he goes past players and whips in quality balls reminds me off Colquhoun at his peak for us. :P

Professor.Arturo
Lets build the team round this outstanding prospect. With Miko at the heart of everything we can easily make the CL in the coming seasons. The way he goes past players and whips in quality balls reminds me off Colquhoun at his peak for us. :P

Fair enough, you have never liked Miko.

I said nothing of 'outstanding prospects' or such like, try reading the post rather than taking any opportunity at 'Miko bashing'. The last few weeks we have started seeing the old Miko again, skillwise he is one of the best footballers we have.

But then again opinions vary.

Fair enough, you have never liked Miko.

I said nothing of 'outstanding prospects' or such like, try reading the post rather than taking any opportunity at 'Miko bashing'. The last few weeks we have started seeing the old Miko again, skillwise he is one of the best footballers we have.

But then again opinions vary.

The problem I have with Miko is he knows he can play one half decent game in ten and he gets away with it. If hes the future we are truly goosed. :(

Horatio Caine

I agree with you Ratcatcher and, like you, had suggested on a thread - ooh maybe about 12 - 18 months ago that we should try him in that role. I did not get pelters - my idea was just ignored by all the `experts` on this board.

Not saying it's a long term solution, or that it will get us into the CL - but maybe worth a shot.

Julio's sarcasm is only to be expected.

The problem I have with Miko is he knows he can play one half decent game in ten and he gets away with it. If hes the future we are truly goosed. :(

Miko does not pick the team though. As the OP said...well done for getting us a point.

Professor.Arturo

I doubt he's the future.

Given our current striker situation, do you honestly think its a bad idea to give him a run upfront and see how it goes? With his 'shoot on sight' mentality we could do a lot worse.

Miko does not pick the team though. As the OP said...well done for getting us a point.

Your kind of player Horse. BTW great result for Leeds yesterday. :)

I doubt he's the future.

Given our current striker situation, do you honestly think its a bad idea to give him a run upfront and see how it goes? With his 'shoot on sight' mentality we could do a lot worse.

Given the alternatives you may well have a fair point. Sadly thats the situation we find ourselves in. :(

Miko had a good game yesterday, worked back in defence, usually made himself available for the pass. Scored a good goal. Came back well after knocking a guy unconscious and then took the 'treatment' as virtually every St Mirren player tried to knock him into next week. One knee high tackle in particular on Miko was outrageous.

2 good games in a row from Miko - hope he can keep it up.

Your kind of player Horse. BTW great result for Leeds yesterday. :)

Think he is rotten mate but he did score yesterday so fair play to him. As has been said before, any manager who had full control of the team affairs would punt him.

Chelsea title charge back on? Go on the Spurs on Wednesday!:)

Think he is rotten mate but he did score yesterday so fair play to him. As has been said before, any manager who had full control of the team affairs would punt him.

Chelsea title charge back on? Go on the Spurs on Wednesday!:)

No decent manager would touch him with a bargepole mate. :eek:

As for Chelsea three points behind the top two with a game in hand on the Gooners. Both of them to visit the Bridge. Game on. :)

Miko had a good game yesterday, worked back in defence, usually made himself available for the pass. Scored a good goal. Came back well after knocking a guy unconscious and then took the 'treatment' as virtually every St Mirren player tried to knock him into next week. One knee high tackle in particular on Miko was outrageous.

2 good games in a row from Miko - hope he can keep it up.

Both away from home as well. Can't be a coincidence.

Both away from home as well. Can't be a coincidence.

Oh yes its the old home fans fault one. :rolleyes: Funny he got dogs abuse at Hampdump against Scotland and played very well. :rolleyes:

Well done miko.I like the guy

However this threqad should be well done Frail and wage thieves for only getting us a point!1

total joke

Fourcandles

Consistently good players deserve praise - not one off semi-decent performers - thats the way it is in any line of employment.

:(

Consistently good players deserve praise - not one off semi-decent performers - thats the way it is in any line of employment.

:(

Come on Mikos the future though. Lets give him (yet another) chance. :P

I just wished he'd scored that goal at tynie,to shut up all the boo merchants that done it for weeks instead of backing him up

Dirk Diggler

I'll admit to being in the bowling club next to Love Street when Miko scored so can't comment on the goal, Others have said it was a good finish however.

What I will say is for 70 minutes he was poor, Much like the rest of the team.

hearts_crazy

Unfortunately quite a lot of folk on here have decided long ago that Miko is crap and even if he was to score a hat-trick in every game while doing keepy-uppies round the entire opposition team they will always think he's crap. He could have a really good game and I guarantee someone on Kickback would slate him for the one mistake he made which no-one else saw. Personally I think he could be a really good player if he got some sort of consistency about his performances, actually at the moment he is better than Chesny and while Kingston is out Shaggy is probably right to play him.

WeeToonJambo

There was an old guy sitting beside me yesterday and I couldn't help thinking he was typical of many on this board. Every time Miko, and Chesney when he came on, got the ball he miscalled them, even if they did nothing wrong yet, when Robbie made "that" pass straight out of play, not a word. It seems that, with some fans, being Lithuanian is the problem. For what it's worth I thought Miko did OK yesterday, despite being kicked up and down the park. At least he was eventually given some protection by the ref.

Nelly Terraces

Most Hearts fans, not just the ones 'on here' (a sure sign when people use that phrase, thay have indeed spent too much time 'on here') have 'decided', a long time ago, that Miko was crap as, sad to say it ***puts arm round shoulder*** he is. Well done for him getting his annual goal yestarday. He'll still be around in 18 months to bag another. In fact, he'll probably be around for his testimonial. Hrrah. Good old Miko eh. Pity he can't ***** cross a ball or beat a man. Never mind, don't let those pesky facts get in the way of fantasy.

You answered the point though by stating "Personally I think he could be a really good player if he got some sort of consistency about his performances"

Says it all really.

Ryan Gosling

I think Miko's pish mostly, but i think the way he's handled himself since the scotland game has been outstanding

Drew Busby !
Most Hearts fans, not just the ones 'on here' (a sure sign when people use that phrase, thay have indeed spent too much time 'on here') have 'decided', a long time ago, that Miko was crap as, sad to say it ***puts arm round shoulder*** he is. Well done for him getting his annual goal yestarday. He'll still be around in 18 months to bag another. In fact, he'll probably be around for his testimonial. Hrrah. Good old Miko eh. Pity he can't ***** cross a ball or beat a man. Never mind, don't let those pesky facts get in the way of fantasy.

You answered the point though by stating "Personally I think he could be a really good player if he got some sort of consistency about his performances"

Says it all really.

Sad. But true.

I'll pick up on your fantasy angle and run with it a bit more, with 3 things that are hard - no make that virtually impossible - to imagine IMO.

1. Hearts appoint a manager with a pair of balls and who knows something about football.

2. That manager pulls Miko to one side at the start of next season and says, sorry Miko son, it's just not going to happen here for you. I'm moving you on.

3. VR fully supports his new manager and allows Miko's spell at the club to come to it's long overdue end.

The fact that such an outcome does only seem possible as a fantasy should worry us all to the core.

But like most fantasy's, theres no point in getting too carried away. It's far more likely that NT's prediction will come true ... and that Miko will be here this time next year, and the year after that and the year after that....

Sad. But true.

I'll pick up on your fantasy angle and run with it a bit more, with 3 things that are hard - no make that virtually impossible - to imagine IMO.

1. Hearts appoint a manager with a pair of balls and who knows something about football.

2. That manager pulls Miko to one side at the start of next season and says, sorry Miko son, it's just not going to happen here for you. I'm moving you on.

3. VR fully supports his new manager and allows Miko's spell at the club to come to it's long overdue end.

The fact that such an outcome does only seem possible as a fantasy should worry us all to the core.

But like most fantasy's, theres no point in getting too carried away. It's far more likely that NT's prediction will come true ... and that Miko will be here this time next year, and the year after that and the year after that....

lets continue on the fantasy angle....

what say when we finally get a manager who actually knows what he's doing

the coaches and mgt staff, kick a few arses and get some decent players in. they decided to keep playing miko and he finally comes good, every game he's there, making great passes week after week, scoring and setting up goals

generally doing his job

would we back him then or would we still be on his back?

love him, or loathe him, he saved us a point today, and if he can score every week or so, or at least track back & support the other players, then surely a little bit of credit when he does come good isn't such a bad thing?

Drew Busby !

the coaches and mgt staff, kick a few arses and get some decent players in. they decided to keep playing miko and he finally comes good, every game he's there, making great passes week after week, scoring and setting up goals

generally doing his job

love him, or loathe him, he saved us a point today, and if he can score every week or so, or at least track back & support the other players, then surely a little bit of credit when he does come good isn't such a bad thing?

Beverley, hand on heart here...and judging him over the 3 years that he's been here ... is he really good enough ?

I think the answer is no, based on the accumulated evidence from that long period. And the fact that we keep hoping to somehow redeem him or turn-him around, just tells me how used to mediocrity we are now and how drastically modified (for the worse) our ambitions have become.

Says it all really.

He should be on from the start,

You have seen the difference it made when velicka started .

He was a super sub not giving enough time to do"it"

He is on from the start,does the biz,he's gone!!!

Love or hate the guy i think the more he plays

the better he will be.

We only have a few games before the cut off.

If we are behind these players it could make the difference

between 3rd and 7th place.

Fact not fiction.

Btw I still can't get my daughter a Lithuanian top

Anyone got this years one she could could get???

Show racism the red card..................??:evilno::evilno:

generally doing his job

New coaches, doubt it.

Miko making great passes...... as if. Scoring and setting up goals and doing his job, LOL

Miko is ****ing hopeless and always will be.

Sorry,

Beverley, hand on heart here...and judging him over the 3 years that he's been here ... is he really good enough ?

I think the answer is no, based on the accumulated evidence from that long period. And the fact that we keep hoping to somehow redeem him or turn-him around, just tells me how used to mediocrity we are now and how drastically modified (for the worse) our ambitions have become.

in all honesty i agree completely, it was a rhetorical question really.

Archived