What would happen if....

A.C.

...Motherwell couldn't play all their games before the split? Say everyone had played each other 3 times, apart from the postponed games at Fir Park, and the remaining Motherwell/Gretna home games directly affected who was in the top/bottom 6. Would everyone else have to wait until they had played their games in hand, thus delaying the split by x number of weeks? I realise this is unlikely now, but if Gretna go bust you never know...

Guest GhostHunter

They are talking about shifting games to Airdrie's ground, and also there was a mention on the radio about having to play back log games after the Cup Final....

Slightly off-topic, but this is not new for muddywel. I recall a couple of swimming pools there when JJ was managing us.

One was a horrid wet surface when Gilles Rousset was sent off for (allegedly) handling the ball out side the area - as I recall, he skidded out of the area on the wet, muddy surface.

The other time, the match was abandoned - and as I recall, it was a live tv game.

Using the retrospectoscope perhaps, but they should have had their pitch and stadium in order before they were allowed to make an offer to Gretna to groundshare, thus getting muddywell some extra loot.

Archived