Fitness Thread

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

UnworthyPapaLazaru

The Hindu squats crippled me for two days! I've been making do with the wii fit I got the missus over the past couple of days. It's pretty tame but I have realised how un flexible I am...!

Snake Plissken

I've kept off here for a while to put into practice a few of the tips given by our fitness experts. I've noticed a big difference from three things - doing weights and sit-ups before cardio work; doing more core strengthening work; eating porridge instead of normal cereal and eating nuts/fruit as snacks. Cheers to CL, Jailbait etc for your advice.

Feeling a bit fecked off though. Munching and bevvying over Christmas has undone some hard work and I can't see me getting to the gym more than once this week. Why is it that the steps backwards are always bigger and quicker than the steps forward?

I was the one who said that and this is the thanks I get?!

:smiliz23:

Seriously though, the only thing you can do is to get in there and give a good session - far better to have one good workout in a week than none. I'm only going to manage two this week myself and I didn't exactly hold back in the last week in terms of indulgence. It's all about a balance of putting the work in and enjoying the odd treat.

The festive time will set a few back, the key is to not allow a week or two of indulging to become a month. That's why having a session this week is important, it's why I was in today and will be in tomorrow.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I was the one who said that and this is the thanks I get?!

:smiliz23:

Seriously though, the only thing you can do is to get in there and give a good session - far better to have one good workout in a week than none. I'm only going to manage two this week myself and I didn't exactly hold back in the last week in terms of indulgence. It's all about a balance of putting the work in and enjoying the odd treat.

The festive time will set a few back, the key is to not allow a week or two of indulging to become a month. That's why having a session this week is important, it's why I was in today and will be in tomorrow.

Ha, apologies for that oversight. You were part of the etc category....

Been for a session this evening and feel better already. Back on the wagon

The biggest difference for me in the past few weeks has been (Christmas aside) closer attention to my diet. It was only when I thought about it properly that I realised how poor it was.

Creepy Lurker

I indulged like **** over Christmas (and at the game last night...) but will be training five times this week (three days at the gym, two at Muay Thai: I've done three so far with two to go).

Today's food:

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal toast with 2 tbsp cashew nut butter and a banana. Apple. Coffee.

Snack 1: 250ml skimmed milk with 5 dried apricotrs. Oolong tea.

Lunch: Baked potato (done with 1 calorie spray) with half a can of baked beans and 30g reduced fat grated cheese. 80g spinach. Green tea.

Snack 2: 120g fat free natural yoghurt, 50g blueberries, 10g oats and 15g honey. Sencha tea.

Dinner/post-workout: 50g wholewheat pasta, chicken breast, 30g brocolli, 25g parmesan, 1 tsp. olive oil, 2 tomatoes and 50g green beans.

Snack 3: 100g cottage cheese.

Totals: 1,995 calories, 131g protein, 269g carbs, 44g fat. 3 servings of fruit, 5 of veg. I'm intentionally on a calorie deficit at the moment to help me work off the Christmas weight.

...so that'll hit all of the macronutrient levels today with no need for any supplementation at all. It really can't be stressed enough that the vast majority of supplements are only necessary if, for whatever reason, you're going to struggle to hit your macros without them.

Edited by Creepy Lurker

Back to work tomorrow. Been off since Dec 23rd. Same for the gym, took the 2 weeks off as rest and been eating and drinking what the feck I want!

Raring to go again, can't wait to get back to Virgin. No doubt HEAVING tho.

My new supplement purchase for the new year are;

BSN No Xplode (pre gym)

Maximuscle Progain (afternoon and post gym)

Reflex Whey (morning and before bed)

Bring it on! Going to train like a maniac! This resting business really boosts your desire.

All my aches and pains have gone too. Perfect.

Plan - bulk Jan to April, then cut May and June. Then HOLIDAY!

Creepy Lurker

Been back in training for two days since the New Year (that's one day at the gym and one at Muay Thai). I hadn't actually stopped training over the festive season, but I did eat quite badly and it feels good to now be back into my proper plan again (although I'm currently intentionally on a calorie deficit to work off any Christmas weight, and will be moving back up to 2,500 a day when I'm back down to 60kg). With that borne in mind, and if anyone's still interested, today's food was as follows:

Breakfast: porridge (40g oats, 300ml skimmed milk) with a scoop of banana flavoured whey protein mixed into the milk and 10g flaxseed powder. Black coffee: 418 calories, 36g protein, 41g carbs, 12g fat.

Snack 1: 15g mixed nuts. 40g dried apricots. Oolong tea: 194 calories, 4g protein, 26g carbs, 9g fat.

Lunch: 1 tin of tuna with 2 beetroot. 150g fat free natural yoghurt. Green tea: 194 calories, 43g protein, 22g carbs, 3g fat.

Snack 2 (post-training): Multigrain bagel with 30g Philadelphia Light (with chives) and a sliced tomato: 356 calories, 14g protein, 61g carbs, 7g fat.

Dinner: Tuna steak with steamed brocolli (50g) and green beans (50g) and 50g spinach. 70g brown rice. Sencha tea: 428 calories, 43g protein, 55g carbs, 4g fat.

Snack 3: Apple. 1 tbsp almond butter: 164 calories, 4g protein, 17g carbs, 8g fat.

Totals: 1,783 calories, 144g protein, 222g carbs, 45g fat.

Some of those won't add up exactly, which is because I actually work them out to one decimal place. Represent.

Snake Plissken

It wasn't exactly a long lay-off as I trained between Xmas and New Year but I'm back in action in a couple of hours. I'm going to hit the treadmill for 30 minutes, I will be tight for time but I plan to jog up to the gym and back and eat my lunch at the gym so I can put in the full half hour.

I don't have a specific plan for this run, I think I'll put my MP3 player on shuffle and run accordingly. Slower tracks will be climbs, faster tracks will be interval sprints. I'll be targetting 500-600 calories.

Looking forward to it.

when I'm back down to 60kg).

That not pretty light mate? How tall are you?

If I drop to 70kg I feel too skinny. Currently 75 with about 14% bfp. Would love to be 77kg ish ripped.... Like 7% bfp

Creepy Lurker

That not pretty light mate? How tall are you?

If I drop to 70kg I feel too skinny. Currently 75 with about 14% bfp. Would love to be 77kg ish ripped.... Like 7% bfp

Yeah, I'm about 5'8. I want to get down to 60kg so that I can fight at lightweight when the time comes, although that's pretty far ahead at the moment. It equates to just under nine and a half stone.

I'm more about functional strength than muscle per se. I do a lot of weighted work and have a low bodyfat, though, so I still feel that my body looks good.

Yeah, I'm about 5'8. I want to get down to 60kg so that I can fight at lightweight when the time comes, although that's pretty far ahead at the moment. It equates to just under nine and a half stone.

I'm more about functional strength than muscle per se. I do a lot of weighted work and have a low bodyfat, though, so I still feel that my body looks good.

I see its for fighting purposes. That makes sense then. .

Suppose the weight can be quite deceiving. I automatically assume 60kg is skinny..... But then I suppose Amir Khan fought at around 9 stone 9 and he looks big! Really muscular.

Snake Plissken

Made a good solid return to the gym yesterday, 500 kcal in half an hour on the treadmill.

Last night's dinner was some mixed veg and turkey with sweet chilli sauce with enough leftover for tomorrow night.

Two sessions planned for today, another run this afternoon and weights tonight.

I'm 5'10" and 69kg bodyfat is <10%, I'd prefer to be about 75kg but lean mass is very difficult to gain for me. I'm overly worried about it and my cardio is strong so I wouldn't wish to lose it for the sake of a few kilos of muscle.

Sexton Hardcastle

Bought a rowing machine pre christmas. Used it a few times.

The plan now is to do a take on the specail K diet (as gay as it sounds), hammer the rowing machine and 5's and then generally watch what i eat.

Aiming to come down from 13 11 to around 4 weeks from monday.

Hopefully its tolerable.

Creepy Lurker

Got Muay Thai this evening and looking forward to it. Think that my regular coach is back from his holidays, which could be interesting as he's very keen on conditioning work in comparison with the other coaches. He's been known to spend more than half of an hour long training session on conditioning, which can be quite annoying for someone like me who's fit anyway and wants to do more work on technique. I can see why he does it, though, as most of the guys that I train with don't seem to do much conditioning work outside of Muay Thai and would get destroyed in a fight situation as a result.

I'm slightly concerned as to whether or not anyone actually cares, and don't want to come over as some weirdo who compulsively shares his dietary plans with strangers on the internet, but if anyone's still interested here's today's food:

Breakfast: porridge (45g oats, 300ml skimmed milk) with 1 tsp honey. Coffee: 288 calories, 16g protein, 46g carbs, 5g fat.

Snack 1: Pear. Green tea: 60 calories, 0g protein, 13g carbs, 0g fat.

Lunch: Tuna (130g - one tin) sandwich on wholemeal bread (with 10g light olive spread). Apple. Sencha tea: 428 calories, 41g protein, 48g carbs, 7g fat.

Snack 2 (pre-training): Smoothie - one scoop of Maximuscle Promax (strawberry flavour), 300ml skimmed milk, 50g blueberries, 50g blackberries and half a banana. White tea: 338 calories, 37g protein, 41g carbs, 4g fat.

Dinner: One chicken breast stir-fried in 10ml olive oil with 50g peas, 130g tinned sweetcorn, a diced carrot, 50g broccoli and a red pepper. 70g brown rice: 718 calories, 52g protein, 86g carbs, 18g fat.

Snack 3: 15g brazil nuts. 20g raisins: 160 calories, 3g protein, 14g carbs, 10g fat.

Totals: 1,991 calories, 148g protein, 248g carbs, 43g fat.

Again, some of these might not appear to add up exactly; I work them out to one decimal place usually, but couldn't be arsed copying it all up onto here.

I'm slightly concerned as to whether or not anyone actually cares, and don't want to come over as some weirdo who compulsively shares his dietary plans with strangers on the internet, but if anyone's still interested here's today's food:

To be honest I quite like it, if only as it reminds me how far off I am in terms of what I should be doing with my diet. laugh.gif

I'm starting training again this week. I won't be bothering with supplements and probably won't even bother with protein shakes (why 'waste' all those calories on something that tastes pretty shoite) but the aim is a sub 40 minute 10 km and the ability to do ten pull-ups.

If I hit that I'll be happy. I'm way more confident on the running side than the weights but landing the combo of the two should leave me in reasonably fine fettle for someone not adverse to a smoke, beer and a take-a-way.

I banged out a sub 1 hr 40 min half six months back (at about 11 and a half stone... and the same height as the OP) but haven't been able to do much since then. Did 8km today though in the freezing cold and was comfortably within 40 minutes.

Creepy Lurker

I actually like the taste of protein shakes. :unsure: I think that a lot depends on brand, though, as some are really nice and some aren't so great.

I actually like the taste of protein shakes. :unsure: I think that a lot depends on brand, though, as some are really nice and some aren't so great.

Ach, they're not horrific (I was using Maximuscle strawberry before) but as I generally train immediately after work I'd rather enjoy a proper dinner.

The Edinburgh marathon is 18 weeks today, that's my goal. First marathon but I'm going for a sub 3.35. Wish all this ice and snow would go away or I'm going to have join a gym to get my training up to speed.

Well, it was back to the gym today after an absence of quite a while. Quite happy with how the session went all things considered.

Some stretching

20 mins on the treadmill

Some sit ups

20 mins on the cross trainer

Some weights (aimed at the middle area)

20 mins on the step machine (its like climbing floors)

Some skipping

Some stretching

Shower

Usually once I get the first session back, I'm on a roll. Feel a lot better for getting off my ass today. Off work for the next week and a half so plan to be hitting the gym quiet hard. Always nicer going to the gym in the afternoon as its a lot quieter.

Lets see how long this lasts.

biggrin.gif

Was in Greens today and there was a lad with a hertz top on, judging by his airms he knew his apples, just wondering if it was anyone who posts on this thread.

I'm back up to doing 100 length swims... Did 70 on Thu, 100 on Fri, did a light gym workout on Sunday, followed by a bit of lifesaving training then 100 lengths again this evening.... Haven;t been to the gym for a couple of months but the light workout didn;t do too much damage so I'm going to try my full routine next time.

CL, your diet is unbelievable. Kudos to you.... It really does show up how bad mine is....

Today:

3 weetabix with semi skimmed milk

2 bits of seeded wholemeal toast with olivio

Glass of OJ

2 wholemeal bits of bread and a tin of tomato soup

Snickers bar

Crisps

12" pizza (although there wasn't a lot of cheese on it and plenty veg).

4 chocolate digestives

I normally eat a lot of chicken and would have the most nights either in a stir fry or just a birds eye frozen kiev.

My weaknesses are chips and chocolate. I've gradually cut out chippy chips and replaced them with oven chips. I'm trying to wean myself off those and have boiled spuds more, but old habits die hard.... I have to be honest and say I enjoy my food too much to be super buff!

I do lose weight when I'm exercising regularly, but it's at too slow a pace and I put it on again too quickly when I stop.

I do find though that the more I exercise the more motivation it gives me to eat healthy food and I do start cooking more fresh chicken with veg and eating more fruit.

Almost forgot to do my usual shameless January plug. I work in one of the more upmarket gyms in North Edinburgh...

I can't offer you the same monthly rate as the likes of Pure Gym... but if you enjoy a big pool, steam room after your work out, hi tech equipment and lots of contact with highly qualified instructors and don't mind paying a little more than budget prices, PM me and I will sort you out. I'm always extra nice to KB'ers and can hook you up with a free trial etc...

UnworthyPapaLazaru
the ability to do ten pull-ups.

I want to do 20! Started at being able to do none, and I am now up to 10 with a close grip and 7 with a wide grip and this is also with a 10kg weight round my waste :thumbsup:

My return aafter xmas/new year hasnt been great, I feel like I have lost a bit of focus and that I am being fairly aimless with my routine. I think I need to start taking in a plan on a bit of paper and sticking to it...

Fruitmachine76

The Edinburgh marathon is 18 weeks today, that's my goal. First marathon but I'm going for a sub 3.35. Wish all this ice and snow would go away or I'm going to have join a gym to get my training up to speed.

How do you work on speed - intervals? I'm doing belfast marathon in May, my first one too, but based on half marathon and kilomathon times, i'd be looking to do it in about 4 hours 30. would really like to do it under 4 hours.

I want to do 20! Started at being able to do none, and I am now up to 10 with a close grip and 7 with a wide grip and this is also with a 10kg weight round my waste :thumbsup:

My return aafter xmas/new year hasnt been great, I feel like I have lost a bit of focus and that I am being fairly aimless with my routine. I think I need to start taking in a plan on a bit of paper and sticking to it...

Any tips?

General training or did you do something specific for the pull-ups training?

Went swimming yesterday morning.

Too fast for the slow lane, too slow for the fast lane. Why does life mock me?

Anyway....

About to get the old shit together and do another session in the gym.

thumbsup.gif

How do you work on speed - intervals? I'm doing belfast marathon in May, my first one too, but based on half marathon and kilomathon times, i'd be looking to do it in about 4 hours 30. would really like to do it under 4 hours.

I've not started doing any sort of interval training yet, I'm trying to get the stamina up by clocking up the weekly mile count. I've 2 more weeks of that schedule and then I'm going to introduce a session purely of fartlek running and shuttle sprints at the local football pitch. What are your tips for speed training? I am taking bits and pieces from the hundreds of training schedules from t'internet and moulding it to my own. How's your training going? Edinburgh marathon is May so I'm hopeful, with some serious discipline, I'll get my target time.

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Any tips?

General training or did you do something specific for the pull-ups training?

Not really other than just keep doing them. Im usually do my first set of reps with the weight and my second without and then do my last set with the weight and do as many reps as possible (usually not many by the end of a sesh) That and press ups/bench presses have helped my amount of reps go up but it is still bloody tough. In fact from yesterdays sesh you could deduct a rep from my advertised achievement. I only managed 9 and 6.

Fruitmachine76

I've not started doing any sort of interval training yet, I'm trying to get the stamina up by clocking up the weekly mile count. I've 2 more weeks of that schedule and then I'm going to introduce a session purely of fartlek running and shuttle sprints at the local football pitch. What are your tips for speed training? I am taking bits and pieces from the hundreds of training schedules from t'internet and moulding it to my own. How's your training going? Edinburgh marathon is May so I'm hopeful, with some serious discipline, I'll get my target time.

When I ran the Edinburgh half marathon last year, i was averaging about 8 mins 30 per mile, but since then i seem to be going backwards in the time department, despite doing around 30-40 miles per week. i stopped running before xmas, for about 2 weeks and have started training again now. I'm doing interval training on the treadmill just now - 2mins at 6mph active recovery, followed by 2mins at 9mph sprint. Doing that for about 30mins just now.

That seems to be getting me moving a bit better now. i ran 4 miles in 34mins on thursday last week, and then 7.5 miles in an hour yesterday.

Other than that, i'm doing spin classes 3 times a week for a bit of cross-training and some long, slow, distance runs at about a minute per mile slower than i hope to run the marathon.

all this just comes from research on the net etc. hopefully be able to get my time under 4 hours. I'm hoping to lose 6kg in the next month or so, hopefully assist with getting speed up.

Good session.

Stretching

20 mins on the treadmill

Some weights

20 mins on a machine that is like the cross trainer, but a bit different

More weights

20 mins on the bike

Think thats me settled back in, looking to step the speed up etc.

Apologies for coming in to this thread with not much to say, its a motivation thing though. The more posts in here, the more sessions I have done.

thumbsup.gif

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Yip, it's good for motivation. It's also good for finding exercises that cripple you, like the Hindu squats that I was doing again today and was almost unable to get back up the stairs to my desk thereafter...

Done Deadlifting yesterday for the first time in a few months due to an injury. Legs are ******* agony, class exercise though.

Cutting down for summer after a good 6 month bulk, forgot how much I enjoyed cardio.

It was Legs today. Hate it!

Done squats, deadlifts, leg press, leg extensions and lunges.

I tried a supplement on Tuesday called, "Dorian Yates NOX Pump".

Wow!!! It's a pre workout stimulant. Felt like I was on speed or something. I was buzzing. Trained so hard. So concentrated. So motivated. Wasn't think about the exit. Was thinking, can I go heavier?! Need to stock up me thinks!!

UnworthyPapaLazaru

My mate told me about this stuff the other day. He described it pretty much the same..! He also said it was banned in the states but I'm not sure if that's gospel. Dunno if I'd like the feeling of being off my tits when working out!

My mate told me about this stuff the other day. He described it pretty much the same..! He also said it was banned in the states but I'm not sure if that's gospel. Dunno if I'd like the feeling of being off my tits when working out!

I was thinking like that too mate!

Buy 1 sachet to try. Honestly. Really good. Was just so determined and focused.

My mate said I was talking at 100mph tho! Lol

Tastes disgusting tho. Minimal water required to get it down quick!!

Been using Jack3d for my pre-workout shake lately.

Gave me great focus and lifted slightly more than usual but it makes my face all itchy and the crash afterwards was awful.

Snake Plissken

Heavy duty squats yesterday, proper ass-to-grass technique followed up with some rows. This was during my brief half hour lunchtime workout, I like these as I can really focus and put the work in in a brief window.

I also did some cable crunches for the abs, nothing outrageous in terms of weight but I can feel it today. :sweat:

In about half an hour I'm going in again and will be doing bench press if the damn things is ever free. I hate people who sit for 10 minutes at a time and do about five reps with poor technique at a weight too heavy for them. I'm not an instructor anymore but I never stop noticing.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

In about half an hour I'm going in again and will be doing bench press if the damn things is ever free. I hate people who sit for 10 minutes at a time and do about five reps with poor technique at a weight too heavy for them. I'm not an instructor anymore but I never stop noticing.

Word. Some assclown was on the pull-up bars for about half an hour last night, without ever seeming to do any. I kept having to do that ridiculous thing where you walk round the gym to see if it's free, find that it's not and pretend that you weren't really planning to use it anyway.

Creepy Lurker

CL, your diet is unbelievable. Kudos to you.... It really does show up how bad mine is....

Cheers mate, I actually don't find it that difficult to stick to as I enjoy everything that I eat! I do give myself a day off every week to 10 days, though, although there's a legitimate reason for that in that it actually speeds up your metabolism by keeping your body guessing. It's generally based around alcohol and takeaways...

I'm thinking that I'll move back up to 2,500 calories a day on Sunday. Can't wait!

Almost forgot to do my usual shameless January plug. I work in one of the more upmarket gyms in North Edinburgh...

I can't offer you the same monthly rate as the likes of Pure Gym... but if you enjoy a big pool, steam room after your work out, hi tech equipment and lots of contact with highly qualified instructors and don't mind paying a little more than budget prices, PM me and I will sort you out. I'm always extra nice to KB'ers and can hook you up with a free trial etc...

Would've been right up for this if posted a bit earlier! I'm only in Edinburgh four days a week now, though, and I'm doing MT here and using the gym over in Stirling.

Yip, it's good for motivation. It's also good for finding exercises that cripple you, like the Hindu squats that I was doing again today and was almost unable to get back up the stairs to my desk thereafter...

Good to see you're still doing them! How are you finding burpees? After plyo press-ups, they're my most hated move...

Word. Some assclown was on the pull-up bars for about half an hour last night, without ever seeming to do any. I kept having to do that ridiculous thing where you walk round the gym to see if it's free, find that it's not and pretend that you weren't really planning to use it anyway.

I hate this. Just at the point now where I always ask to work in! It's funny when guys twice my size (literally in some cases, I imagine) get stroppy over it...

Another session. Stepped up the speed and weights a bit - defo got a better sweat up for it.

Won't be going mad though, one bit at a time.

thumbsup.gif

Can't search or I would've bumped the last one. I quite like a wee bit of banter about exercise, ken?

Just went and bought a weight bench from Argos (decent deal btw, the bench and 35kg of weights for ?50) and I've decided to start getting serious about getting in shape. I used to just lift weights now and again but now I've got the bench I've started a full body workout 3 times a week.

For those who are in to it ... how quickly should you be lifting heavier? Are we talking about adding weight every week or just when you feel the time is right?

Do you think it's worth doing a bit of jogging as well or just stick with the weights? Usually play fives once a week ... dunno if that's enough cardio.

Member at Greens but my girlfriend had a free pass for Bannantynes on Queen Street, so I tagged along there last night. Was pretty disappointed with the free weights area. Really small, not a great selection of weights or benches. Looking forward to going back to Greens tonight.

Seen a few Hearts fans in Greens recently.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Member at Greens but my girlfriend had a free pass for Bannantynes on Queen Street, so I tagged along there last night. Was pretty disappointed with the free weights area. Really small, not a great selection of weights or benches. Looking forward to going back to Greens tonight.

Seen a few Hearts fans in Greens recently.

I've just cancelled my membership at Bannatynes - very average for the money you pay. Also, there's a three-month notice period when you cancel which is well out of order.

Going to sign up to a council gym which is ?31 a month.

Was in Greens today and there was a lad with a hertz top on, judging by his airms he knew his apples, just wondering if it was anyone who posts on this thread.

Might've been me, though doubt it after what you say about the arms!

Snake Plissken

I've just cancelled my membership at Bannatynes - very average for the money you pay. Also, there's a three-month notice period when you cancel which is well out of order.

Going to sign up to a council gym which is ?31 a month.

Bannatyne's gyms are run very badly by a collection of regional managers who are the spawn of satan. They get huge bonuses for slashing costs so the clubs are not maintained/upgraded as well as they could and indeed should be. If it isn't actually falling apart it won't get replaced.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Bannatyne's gyms are run very badly by a collection of regional managers who are the spawn of satan. They get huge bonuses for slashing costs so the clubs are not maintained/upgraded as well as they could and indeed should be. If it isn't actually falling apart it won't get replaced.

I don't find many problems with the equipment (i.e. it all works okay) but everything is average. For a joint membership (me and our lass), I pay ?99 a month. We pay the same money we paid for Virgin Active a while back and that was different class - still expensive but top notch in a lot of respects. You at least felt like you were getting something for your money.

And as I said, a three-month notice period is a joke. My fecking work don't ask for that.

Creepy Lurker

I've taken the decision this week to change my training regime completely from (outside of Muay Thai) doing mostly resistance work using supersets with a wee bit of cardio maybe thrown in at the end to going 50/50 between dedicated resistance and cardio days. Two of the three cardio days will be using high intensity interval training, with the third being a longer steady state run, and the weighted stuff's going to revolve around high intensity complexes and circuit training. I might not put on loads of muscle, but I've never really wanted to anyway...what I will do is gain strength and explosive power as well as stamina.

Did a bit of HIIT yesterday and a barbell complex today and actually really enjoyed it. Don't know why I ever stopped training like this; it's much better for my own goals, fits in better with Muay Thai and I find it a lot more rewarding. Going to do a 10k after work tomorrow.