Kingston-the price of quality

cardboardcutout

cardboardcutout

has Larry really been a worthwhile signing for us? as a member of the ghanaian team he disappears for weeks picks up a season ending injury and if truth be told never played that well before he left!

Does he really want to play for us or has he been tapped and is looking for a sharp exit?

kingston,pinilla,beslija,bednar,velicka all quality but not in a maroon jersey just when we really needed them!

Commander Harris

he pretty much helped us make a respectable bash at 3rd when he arrived in January last season. This season, when he has played, we have picked up a lot of points with him.

yes missing him for the ACON was unfortunate, and his injury problems too, but I think he has contributed.

I'm sure Romanov will feel he's been very good value when he trousers the proceeds of his sale in the Summer. As far as his contribution to the team well, what contribution ??

Commander Harris
care to elaborate ?

I know stats don't prove much, and I can't remember the exact figures, but basically -up until Jan when things changed management wise - when he played we won, when he didn't we didn't.

We shouldn't forget his contribution last season either, one of the major reasons we finished in a respectable, albeit disapointing, position.

He has disappointed me. Whether the injuries are real or not who knows. Who knows whether his appearance money is too big at the moment. Maybe Vlad is keeping him in cotton wool for a sale.

But what has disappointed me is when he has actually been on the pitch. Not just the ridiculous petulance with the racist allegations at the referee. But his lack of workrate and effort. He clearly has the ability to be a top player but his petulance/lack of workrate are clearly the reasons why he has not played for top clubs in top leagues.

He has disappointed me. Whether the injuries are real or not who knows. Who knows whether his appearance money is too big at the moment. Maybe Vlad is keeping him in cotton wool for a sale.

But what has disappointed me is when he has actually been on the pitch. Not just the ridiculous petulance with the racist allegations at the referee. But his lack of workrate and effort. He clearly has the ability to be a top player but his petulance/lack of workrate are clearly the reasons why he has not played for top clubs in top leagues.

11 Larry Kingstons or 11 Robbie Neilsons?

:P

You need a mixture and balance in your team.

Burley had it with the workers in the defence as well as Takis' flair. Brellier to allow Hartley and Skacel to go forward. The workrate of Bednar and Jankauskas ball holding to get the best out of our midfield.

A team which had enough workers around Kingston could do fine. In the SPL he can get away with it. The fans love his flicks and tricks. But fail to notice him walking back after the ball is lost. That is when playing the likes of Ksnavicius, Driver, Ivaskevicius etc in the same midfield means we lose to rank teams.

At the game today 3 of the best players were St Mirren midfielders Dorman and Mason - as well as Jim Hamilton. Hardly stars, but effective.

Fact is he wouldn't be at a club like Hearts if he was all that would he ??

cardboardcutout

depends if its commitment or ability! as a team we have too little of the former and nowhere near enough of the latter.

If i hear once more of the "quality" of our squad from other managers i'll burst!

who do we have that would take a place in the infirms line-up?? that is the acid test for quality!:mad:

I know mate, was just having a laugh.

Obviously balance is important. You need workers and flair players. Unfortunately we're short in both types of player.

Fact is he wouldn't be at a club like Hearts if he was all that would he ??

Of course not. We only get damaged goods from the VR agent file. The man who hates agents, but only deals with one agent.

It just disappoints me about Kingston. He clearly has the footballing ability to be a top player. But he clearly doesn't want to be a top player - likes his little footballing backwater comfort zones.

I know mate, was just having a laugh.

Obviously balance is important. You need workers and flair players. Unfortunately we're short in both types of player.

Agree

Actually, 11 workers would have us in a higher place in the league than our bunch of saps have got us this year.

I'm going to be a bit harsh here because I am in a bad mood.

He is a complete waste of fecking space , footballer maybe but a complete thick as sheeite individual.

The racism pesh !

The two pointless bookings at the ANC to rule him out.

The fecking injuring himself in the match warm up !

Brainless **** who is lucky to have encountered ***** more braindead than himself.

That would be us in case you were wondering.

Moving from Ghana to Russia ( who would go there ? ) then on to us ( who would go there ?).

To crown his brainlessness he makes a feck up of the African Nations.

His aim might be the EPL and the only way he will reach it would be to get another brainless **** to sign him.

Step up Alex McLeish. Feck off Kingston. You couldn't even sort out a passport. :mad:

Drew Busby !
I'm sure Romanov will feel he's been very good value when he trousers the proceeds of his sale in the Summer. As far as his contribution to the team well, what contribution ??

Thats about the long and the short of it mate.

Teams ... and contributions to teams ... no longer matter.

Larry was shipped in ... played a few games ... played well in some and not in others ... and if he move to the EPL for 3 or 4 million more or less, then he will have served his purpose here in VR's eyes.

I think he is a class act and we are a far stronger team when he is around. From my point of view we should be building a team around our better players, such as Larry. However, as already mentioned, Vlad only brings in players like this to sell them on at a profit, so there is no chance of building any sort of quality team for the longer term. We actually need a manager who is able to keep winning while these continual changes are going on - name me a top manager who wants to work under these circumstances.

Benny Factor

He is a complete waste of fecking space , footballer maybe but a complete thick as sheeite individual.

The racism pesh !

Brainless **** who is lucky to have encountered ***** more braindead than himself.

Moving from Ghana to Russia ( who would go there ? ) then on to us ( who would go there ?).

His aim might be the EPL and the only way he will reach it would be to get another brainless **** to sign him.

Step up Alex McLeish. Feck off Kingston. You couldn't even sort out a passport. :mad:

I'm quite sure he meant to injure himself and rule himself out of Ghana's most important game in recent history. :eek:

I'm quite sure he meant to injure himself and rule himself out of Ghana's most important game in recent history. :eek:

I'm quite sure he didn't . Which was backs up my above points.

Unless you are a braindead idiot , and remember it wasn't a strain it was a fecking ankle injury.

How do you do that in the warm up ?

The racism pesh !

Ignorance

:biggrin:

He's using us as a stepping stone.

Why can't people see it ?

I resent thickos using us like that.

Now if he had been clever, it would have been different.

I respect Jankauskas more.

Clerry Jambo
I think he is a class act and we are a far stronger team when he is around. From my point of view we should be building a team around our better players, such as Larry. However, as already mentioned, Vlad only brings in players like this to sell them on at a profit, so there is no chance of building any sort of quality team for the longer term. We actually need a manager who is able to keep winning while these continual changes are going on - name me a top manager who wants to work under these circumstances.

Spot on Chief, but isn't going to happen unfortunately.

Larry will go to a bigger and better club and rightly so

Can't believe some of the criticism of Larry on here.

Nade and him are the only players we have in our squad with any individual flair and talent. Larry is the one player we have that would get a place into Burley's team.

Well apart from Neilson.

Watching him play in the African Cup Of Nations was like seeing a different player.

When he wants to, he can turn it on and be a great player.

But just like the rest of our current squad, he tends to hide when in a maroon jersey.

Clerry Jambo
Watching him play in the African Cup Of Nations was like seeing a different player.

When he wants to, he can turn it on and be a great player.

But just like the rest of our current squad, he tends to hide when in a maroon jersey.

Sorry can't agree with that statement.........yes Larry has had a few quiet games but it must be soul destroying for him to be playing alongside so much pesh:sad:

Love to see Larry at Hearts next season playing alongside more quality players like himself BUT cannae see it - very sad indeed:(

:(

Hit nail and head.

Drylaw Hearts

And people called a Rudi a 6 month wonder.

Kingston is a fabulous talent when things are going his way.

But it hasn't this Season which is why we haven't seen him too often and will only see fleeting glimpses of him in the next 2 months before he leaves for a Championship side.

And people called a Rudi a 6 month wonder.

Kingston is a fabulous talent when things are going his way.

But it hasn't this Season which is why we haven't seen him too often and will only see fleeting glimpses of him in the next 2 months before he leaves for a Championship side.

That Championship side is hopefully Newcastle. :)

Seymour M Hersh

Burley had it with the workers in the defence as well as Takis' flair. Brellier to allow Hartley and Skacel to go forward. The workrate of Bednar and Jankauskas ball holding to get the best out of our midfield.

A team which had enough workers around Kingston could do fine. In the SPL he can get away with it. The fans love his flicks and tricks. But fail to notice him walking back after the ball is lost. That is when playing the likes of Ksnavicius, Driver, Ivaskevicius etc in the same midfield means we lose to rank teams.

At the game today 3 of the best players were St Mirren midfielders Dorman and Mason - as well as Jim Hamilton. Hardly stars, but effective.

What? a mix of quality and crap????

Personally I'd go for the 11 Larry's as that's 11 quality players. 11 Robbies does not bear thinking about!

Clerry Jambo

Personally I'd go for the 11 Larry's as that's 11 quality players. 11 Robbies does not bear thinking about!

Spot on Mate - but it's not rocket science is it!!;)

Drylaw Hearts

11 Robbies is my worst nightmare.

But 11 Larry's would also be a nightmare.

Enormous wages for very few matches.

The Club would go to the wall.

That does not bear thinking about.

the general
When's he back?

according to the man himself ... next week and he promises us a beautiful goal

If we can only get him and Pinilla back cos they are magic.

Is the league arithmetically out of our reach?

Larry is nothing but a badge kissing mercenary who wouldn't be here now if Vlad hadn't ruled all his other options out with a watertight contract. Well done Vlad, credit where it is due and we should make a tidy profit. Shame it won't be reinvested.

Kingston has shown what a great player he is playing for Ghana.As for Hearts he's lazy and has a bad attitude.I wonder why that is?? Maybe Roman Bednar could give a few suggestions??:mad:

hearts_crazy

I really can't belive there is now a thread slagging off probably the most talented player we have at Hearts. I don't think it's a coincidence that we have been struggling since he hasn't been in the team. IF he comes back before the Falkirk game and plays between now and the end of the season we will definately finish in the top 6 and possibly even get to 4th (IMO).

Now, is there anyone else who we haven't slagged for a while. We're surely running out of players past and present to slag off. How about that John Robertson, one-trick pony him eh?

Some of the folk on here really need to get a grip.

I really can't belive there is now a thread slagging off probably the most talented player we have at Hearts. I don't think it's a coincidence that we have been struggling since he hasn't been in the team. IF he comes back before the Falkirk game and plays between now and the end of the season we will definately finish in the top 6 and possibly even get to 4th (IMO).

Now, is there anyone else who we haven't slagged for a while. We're surely running out of players past and present to slag off. How about that John Robertson, one-trick pony him eh?

He will play a few games before the end of the season before he heads off to the Championship with the Toon. VR will pocket around two million for him. :mw_rolleyes:

Quite right. We don't see players of his quality around here very often. Let's enjoy watching him play while we can, even if his appearances are limited.

He's a professional footballer who just happens to be with us right now. He'll move on because he's worth more than we'll pay him. That's life.

Archived