"one In 20 Edinburgh Teenagers Is Member Of A Gang"

Danny Wilde

Well, according to this report in The Sunday Herald

http://www.heraldsco...-gang-1.1054364

"... exposed membership of groups such as the Young Niddrie Terror, the Young Pilton Derry, the Young Mental Drylaw, the Casual Crew and the Young Clerrie Jungle."

If so, then it doesn't seem much different to my recollection of the late 60's/early 70's with Bar-Ox having some reputation, and even Young Longstone Terror Squad (membership of a dozen !?)

The only thing I was a member of, was Gorgie 160th Cub Scouts, meeting in Cairns Memorial Church :geek:

You've never encountered the 'Young D Mains Team' or 'Young Roseburn Maffia'.

Things have been tough these past few years on the tough streets of Murrayfield/Roseburn/Saughtonhall. Kids sitting outside Prego, with no manners asking for drink. Little scroats using Warhammer modeling spraypaint to tag walls and hanging around with fat teenage girls who chain smoke. Putting chewing gum on the keypad of the phonebooth and shouting at traffic.

Shit's dangerous.

You've never encountered the 'Young D Mains Team' or 'Young Roseburn Maffia'.

Things have been tough these past few years on the tough streets of Murrayfield/Roseburn/Saughtonhall. Kids sitting outside Prego, with no manners asking for drink. Little scroats using Warhammer modeling spraypaint to tag walls and hanging around with fat teenage girls who chain smoke. Putting chewing gum on the keypad of the phonebooth and shouting at traffic.

Shit's dangerous.

for real cuz

I saw a gang of dangerous guys kicking a football about down in D Mains annoying old guys coming out of Ye Olde Inn

Those old codgers didn't know what to do when faced with a mean gang of thugs like that.

You've never encountered the 'Young D Mains Team'

I saw a gang of dangerous guys kicking a football about down in D Mains annoying old guys coming out of Ye Olde Inn

Those old codgers didn't know what to do when faced with a mean gang of thugs like that.

My membership to the YDMT was knocked back.

Gutted about that...it seems I'm too old now.

I still feel young...

Anyway, I'm the leader of a gang (not the gang, I'm not Paul Gadd) It's called Boomstick's Bitches and you're a member if you have ever had a one on one conversation with me. It's not the hardest entry exam in the world but once you're in you're for a world of trouble...

Stick those wanna be gang bangers in somewhere like Oakland for a week or two, then we'll see how long they wish to remain in the lifestyle. A crew like MS-13, or the Nortenos, would soon change their mind.

Honestly though, they should show movies of California's gangs to kids in school, especially prison life, and so on. That would change their mind fast enough.

'Young Roseburn Maffia'.

Is this for real? They have mafia in Roseburn? Young mafia?

I'll never go to the friendly cafe again.

growing up morningside, one always had to watch one's back. that turf war with the Grange Massive was brutal. Satchels and school blazers lieing everywhere.

If by 'gang' they mean 'young team', it's probably about right. One in twenty is what, one in every high school class? I'm sure that most of us had at least one guy in our class who was pure mental.

The scary thing about these kids is that they don't even have any respect for the authorities. :sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro08bILEvqc

What does Snoop Dogg clean his toilet with?

Toilet Duck?

And by virtue of this cyber-conversation, I'm claiming membership of Boomstick's Bitches.

Most of these gangs are just so kids can write YMG on the back of their English jotters.

A punny and some scrap wallpaper to cover the jotter will soon sort out this gang problem.

Is this for real? They have mafia in Roseburn? Young mafia?

I'll never go to the friendly cafe again.

:lol:

People seem to mistake groups of laddies for gangs. Quite annoying really.

That's one of the biggest problems I've got.

Just plain ignorance more than anything else.

Most of these gangs are just so kids can write YMG on the back of their English jotters.

A punny and some scrap wallpaper to cover the jotter will soon sort out this gang problem.

:lol:

Gregory House M.D.

Tranent Young Team- Not in Embra but just thought i'd advertise the young rascals.

Archived