Branimir Kostadinov - Manchester City

jamboBG

I cant state whether Branny is good enough or not as i have not seen much of him.

I can state that i have astrong belief that our youngsters are not being coached properly.

If a new manager comes in, who should be allowed to bring in a coaching team from top to bottom and if that means getting rid of Frail, then so be it.

We need a clear out and to start all over again!!

If Branny goes, good luck to him!!

siegementality
being a striker in Scottish football demands - he is a reasonable finisher but that is only 10% of a strikers game - the other 90% is holding up the ball & making lay off's, making runs, closing down defenders etc.

You are kidding!!!! being a finisher is 10% of a strikers game!!!!

siegementality
First of all I 've never seem Branny play so I've no idea how good he is etc.... However, I don't buy this stuff that someone can't be suited to play in the SPL but are for the Premiership. That is just utter nonsense imo.

No it's true...............................if you know hee haw about football that is.

No Nonsense
Belrve me, Branimir is not Pre-Madonna. He is soldier. Pre-Madonnas are anothers, but this is not my job. You can to see alone.

No More Heroes: "It says that Kostadinov doesn't have enough physical attributes that being a striker in Scottish football demands - he is a reasonable finisher but that is only 10% of a strikers game - the other 90% is holding up the ball & making lay off's, making runs, closing down defenders etc. - the unglamourous part of being a striker - too often in U19 games I've seen Branny was simply overpowered by more physical opponents - other kids we have can play the striker role better and the team functions better as a result."

What you think for Vedran Corluka and Richard Dunne? Thank you!

Now I realy have not time. Today is bulgarian champioship round. Have nice day!

NB: Sorry, Prancer, that he don't come back after 2 days. Because he is a real STRIKER over your natonal propagande. Be happy!

Not sure I understand Jambo BG's thinking anymore. His posts smell of frustration at us for stating facts about the progress of his Bro. Seems to me its beggining to get a bit childish on his behalf. The comments coming back seem to be based on animosity towards some hearts fans, who are expressing a valid opinion, and towards the club. I am more than grateful to him for all his posts and info regarding his Brother over the last while but just becuase things are not going his Bro's way, he now seems to be throwing his toys out of the pram.

This boy must be pretty old if he was around before Madge. :rolleyes:

I thought he meant Maradona

:ph34r:

CommieJambo

I understand jamboBG perfectly and I can see where his frustration is coming from. What's with all these repetitive posts about him not being big/physical enough? Torres, Owen, Andy Johnson, Defoe etc aren't really of Vinnie Jones complexion, but it didn't stop them being pretty useful strikers in British football. Saviola, Robinho, Castillo (recent Man City signing) are TINY, do you also think they would stand no chance in SPL because of lack of physical presence?

I've seen fast technical star strikers struggle really bad when they were used in a wrong way and the football their team played didn't suit them. To say Branny won't cut it because you've seen him struggle playing for U19s in a questionable formation few times is nonsense.

People need to moan about something. When he's doing well at a good level in a few years those saying he's not good enough now will be mental at coaches/Romanov whatever for not spotting a diamond and letting him go.

Sorry for being straightforward.

Commander Harris

When he's doing well at a good level in a few years those saying he's not good enough now will be mental at coaches/Romanov whatever for not spotting a diamond and letting him go.

from a hearts point of view I fear this might happen, from a personal point of view I wish Branimir all the best.

Not sure I understand Jambo BG's thinking anymore. His posts smell of frustration at us for stating facts about the progress of his Bro. Seems to me its beggining to get a bit childish on his behalf. The comments coming back seem to be based on animosity towards some hearts fans, who are expressing a valid opinion, and towards the club. I am more than grateful to him for all his posts and info regarding his Brother over the last while but just becuase things are not going his Bro's way, he now seems to be throwing his toys out of the pram.

No he has always been like that, its just the total **** fest over him has died down and more and more people realise the truth which means bg has to do more throwing of toys than he used too.

His english suddenly deterioting is another way he gets out of answering questions

JamboBG abuses this board for his own agent like agenda

Belrve me, Branimir is not Pre-Madonna. He is soldier. Pre-Madonnas are anothers, but this is not my job. You can to see alone.

No More Heroes: "It says that Kostadinov doesn't have enough physical attributes that being a striker in Scottish football demands - he is a reasonable finisher but that is only 10% of a strikers game - the other 90% is holding up the ball & making lay off's, making runs, closing down defenders etc. - the unglamourous part of being a striker - too often in U19 games I've seen Branny was simply overpowered by more physical opponents - other kids we have can play the striker role better and the team functions better as a result."

What you think for Vedran Corluka and Richard Dunne? Thank you!

Now I realy have not time. Today is bulgarian champioship round. Have nice day!

NB: Sorry, Prancer, that he don't come back after 2 days. Because he is a real STRIKER over your natonal propagande. Be happy!

He is a Pre-Madonna! Like most footballers nowadays! Over paid and under worked!

Amoruso Lets it Run ...
No he has always been like that, its just the total **** fest over him has died down and more and more people realise the truth which means bg has to do more throwing of toys than he used too.

His english suddenly deterioting is another way he gets out of answering questions

JamboBG abuses this board for his own agent like agenda

Am sure he'll have plenty of man city message boards to pimp him to now and leave us all in peace !!

He should be made to dry his eyes and loaned out to a lower league Scottish team or Kaunas !!

Exactly, another over rated Pre-Madonna who thinks he is better than what he is! The sad fact is that football today is full of it! over paid a** H***s!

:laugh: Care to explain what a 'pre-Madonna' is? Some sort of pop bitch?

This is hilarious stuff. I'm quite sure Hearts will have a future after a couple of overhyped never-has-beens leave. Hopefully the cull of mediocrity will sweep through every level of the club in the coming months.

Charlie-Brown

The question that needs answering is why are Glen, McCusker, Templeton, Visconte & even young Robinson able to make an impact & progress given the U19's existing formation, coaching, opponents etc. but because Kostadinov isn't making hoped for progress somehow everything Hearts are doing to progress youngsters must be wrong?

The question that needs answering is why are Glen, McCusker, Templeton, Visconte & even young Robinson able to make an impact & progress given the U19's existing formation, coaching, opponents etc. but because Kostadinov isn't making hoped for progress somehow everything Hearts are doing to progress youngsters must be wrong?

Who says they are making progress ? They will have made progress when they start playing for the 1st team like Eggert has IMO.

Torres, Owen, Andy Johnson, Defoe etc aren't really of Vinnie Jones complexion, but it didn't stop them being pretty useful strikers in British football. Saviola, Robinho, Castillo (recent Man City signing) are TINY, do you also think they would stand no chance in SPL because of lack of physical presence?

I've seen fast technical star strikers struggle really bad when they were used in a wrong way and the football their team played didn't suit them. To say Branny won't cut it because you've seen him struggle playing for U19s in a questionable formation few times is nonsense.

I agree with most of this. Torres is 6'0" and 12 stone, AJ is not wee either/ The rest I agree with.

Players bulk up between 17 and 23 so if it is merely his size/physique I wouldn't worry about that yet - it can be sorted out with some time in the gym.

I just wish we had a manager we could trust to make the correct decision on this.

The topscorer in official UEFA competition with 63 goals - Filippo Inzaghi - 1.81 m (5 ft 11+1⁄2 in) - 74 kg (35 y.o.)

2nd highest goalscorer of all time of Real Madrid - Ra?l Gonz?lez - 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in) - 73 kg (this year 31)...and ect.

Barca - Samuel Eto'o Fils (27 y.o.) - 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in) - 73 kg...and ect.

I know that now old philosophers on the board will say that in my opinion Branny is Pippo, Raul or Eto'o. No - he is Branimir with his football level - now 180 cm (5 ft 11 in), 69 kg. I only say that from long time football is not rugbi. Sume times is good ball to be on the field for simple football combinations with quicks touthes and finishes, with clever tactical ideas. And all guys will have a chances. Nade is maeby 95-100 kg , but I'm not sure that this is good for his speed and I'm not sure that jhis working he to be tenacious. And finaly - all my opinions is not anti Hearts - this is very important. The propagande i propagande, the spite is spite. But I make advertisement in this geografiacal teritorys of Hearts. With positives, including in momment in who is absolutely dificult to say any think positive, after results, like today. We like Hearts. Is people who working metodical against my brother, but thay are not Hearts and Hearts history. Only this. Calm Sunday from me!

NB: Before the questions. I changed my avatar. This is Man.City's eagle (from the emblem). He flight now after Branny to Edinburg, to keep him;)...

:107years:

Charlie-Brown
Who says they are making progress ? They will have made progress when they start playing for the 1st team like Eggert has IMO.

Well Glen has started to appear in 1st team squads despite his young age, Templeton is playing 1st team football at Raith & scored goals - Visconte, McCusker & Robinson are currently doing a lot better in the U19's and getting regular starts.

Well Glen has started to appear in 1st team squads despite his young age, Templeton is playing 1st team football at Raith & scored goals - Visconte, McCusker & Robinson are currently doing a lot better in the U19's and getting regular starts.

Templeton was playing first team football before we got anywhere near him. Progress is when they are playing for our 1st team IMO.

Captain Canada

I think he's showing remarkable restraint in his posts given some of the stuff that people have posted on here about his brother. As for expressing a valid opinion, a lot of the comments have been overly negative about a very young player who probably hasn't progressed as we'd hoped. I definitely think the quality of coaching is the main reason for this. When I look at some of the other young players who've played for the first team it's clear to see that something is lacking. A perfect example of this is Jose Goncalves and the fact he hasn't had it drummed into him how to mark players as a full back. Consistently this season he's given his man about 10-20 yards of space to put in a cross. I'm far from being an expert but that sort of thing would have been stamped out after one game by a half decent coach. The fact it's been a feature of his displays all season speaks volumes.

If my brother was an up and coming footballer I'd be bigging him up and defending him at every opportunity too. Nothing wrong with being proud of a member of your family who's done well.

The topscorer in official UEFA competition with 63 goals - Filippo Inzaghi - 1.81 m (5 ft 11+1⁄2 in) - 74 kg (35 y.o.)

2nd highest goalscorer of all time of Real Madrid - Ra?l Gonz?lez - 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in) - 73 kg (this year 31)...and ect.

I know that now old philosophers on the board will say that in my opinion Branny is Pippo, Raul or Eto'o. No - he is Branimir with his football level - now 180 cm (5 ft 11 in), 69 kg. I only say that from long time football is not rugbi. Sume times is good ball to be on the field for simple football combinations with quicks touthes and finishes, with clever tactical ideas. And all guys will have a chances. Nade is maeby 95-100 kg , but I'm not sure that this is good for his speed and I'm not sure that jhis working he to be tenacious. And finaly - all my opinions is not anti Hearts - this is very important. The propagande i propagande, the spite is spite. But I make advertisement in this geografiacal teritorys of Hearts. With positives, including in momment in who is absolutely dificult to say any think positive, after results, like today. We like Hearts. Is people who working metodical against my brother, but thay are not Hearts and Hearts history. Only this. Calm Sunday from me!

NB: Before the questions. I changed my avatar. This is Man.City's eagle (from the emblem). He flight now after Branny to Edinburg, to keep him;)...

What exactly does this prove?

Man city werent keen enough to put their money on the table

Says it all to me:rolleyes:

What exactly does this prove?

Man city werent keen enough to put their money on the table

Says it all to me:rolleyes:

You are like CCTV. All my posts immediately is in obejective of your camera. No I don't will say all for you, because I don't trust you. And...game of Arsenal is interesting. Thay will loss maeby...No: 1-1 :cool::cool::cool:

badly drawn boy
This is hilarious stuff. I'm quite sure Hearts will have a future after a couple of overhyped never-has-beens leave. Hopefully the cull of mediocrity will sweep through every level of the club in the coming months.

I think you are right , most of the people here who are at any opportunity blaming coaches and inevitably Romanov

Have you saw Kostadinov play or have you just seen BGs ongoing postings bigging his brother up to be a world star and bought into it

In the current climate , its easier to blame the club buy maybe the lad is just not good enough

portobellojambo1
What a heep of pooh, lets change all the coaches for Branny as he plays football the correct way and Hearts do not haha, Gary Glen is a younger better prospect-fact.

I didn't state the system should be changed to suit one player CH, I may have said "youth", but I didn't mean an individual youth, as in Kostadinov, I meant the youth set up overall.

And I didn't say it should be changed totally, or that the coaches should be changed, but meant that the method may need tweaked to get the best out of all the youth players, in fact I didn't even say that, I suggested it was something they might wish to consider. As NMH has stated on this thread it seems to have been established that the young Australians, for example, are physically strong and competitive, but we also seem to have a number of youths where skill is a bigger factor than their physical build.

If the youth are to be the way forward, as many on here have suggested will be the case, surely it is better for Hearts to tweak things to ensure we get the best out of these skill players as well. And if the style of play adopted transcends both the youth set up and the 1st team set up I would think that may further help progression, rather than hinder it in anyway.

Have you saw Kostadinov play or have you just seen BGs ongoing postings bigging his brother up to be a world star and bought into it

I have seen him play a couple of times and he looks like a lost wee laddie. His brother's belief and confidence in him is admirable however the hype (the fault of the club not him) has been ridiculous and in no way gives a real picture of where he is at (there are other's in the same boat). McGowan is the only player from that age group who should be anywhere near our first team though I think Glen will get an opportuntiy due to the shambles we find ourselves in.

starcatcher

I have always been a defender of The Mad Yin, but i think that our recent record with attackers (think Mole going from leading the line in Athens, to not getting a game with QOS; Elliot going from one of the most promising youths in the country to becoming The Clum; signing Pinilla; alienating rising Czech star Bednar) leads me to suspect there is more to this than the lad simply not being good enough.

It's far easier to belive that we've managed to find a way to impede this lad's progress than it is to believe that we've shrewdly assessed him as not good enough, in contrast to those at Celtic & Man Citeh.

JamboBG has always struck me as amongst the most knowledgable and, frankly, mature and balanced individuals that post on here, so if he says that people are not treating his brother well, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt rather than assume he's suddenly got the hump just because xyz reported watching Branny get lumps kicked out of him for 45 minutes by a bunch of thugs on some windswept hillside.

Mr Quagmire
I promise you information. Of course limited, but from the "spring"(no Branny):

1. March, 13 - Manchester City confirm that want Branimir Kostadinov on loan to end of the season;

2. March, 14 - FA don't make permission, because Branny are player from SFA club. If he is from FA club - no problem (like Casper Schmeichel in Coventry C.);

3. Trials of Branny in Man.C is not in youtch teams;

4. In 3 treaning games (30 min) he scores 5 goals - only iesterday - 2 goals. Why he scores - because thay plays with ball on the field, with max 2 tuoches, with speed. This is the true Branny's power. The players plays in fronf of Erikson, who need correct determinations;

5. Conclusion - Branny is true STRIKER. All another is lie. I belive in Man.City frst and reserve team coaches!

From iesterday ivening Branny is in Edinburgh!

Have nice day!

Well i have heard that your Dad and his associates had tapped branny up for a trial at Man C.

Nothing to do with his ability, just more hype.

Just more "Branny the Brand" :rolleyes:

Have a nice day !!

I really don't understand why you are talking about the "Scottish way of fitba." Sure, traditionally in Scotland and in Britain the way to play football has been physical and fast-paced, but isn't it clear to anyone that the successful teams in modern football are not like that. Nowadays the most succesful teams in Europe and even in the EPL are the ones knowing how to pass, think and having technical ability - not just running around like a bunch of mad chickens.

As the best teams and players are the ones with technical ability, I don't understand why most of you want to groom our players into "physical" and "British-style" players. Wouldn't it be better to create skilled players? I know that most teams in Scotland play football in a certian way, but why couldn't Hearts become the trailblazer of a different type of football? I know the weather in Scotland makes things a bit more difficult, but it doesn't mean we should discard skilled but not "physical enough" players. Hell, for you Messi, Bojan and Dos Santos would not be good enough as they are not "British-style" players.

I would like to see the whole Youth setup overhauled. I would welcome continental coaches that are willing to develop technical skill and work on players' strenghts, not simply mould all of them into one type of player. I believe Copil and Kostadinov could be successful if we had a different, more skill-based approach on football. After all why would teams such as Man C and Celtic be interested in Branny, and why was Copil listed as one of the top 50 youth prospects in Europe?

Well i have heard that your Dad and his associates had tapped branny up for a trial at Man C.

Have a nice day !!

Big mistake!!! Man.City direct invited him. Thay watch him not the first time. And invited him to play in front of Mr.Erikson. Dad and ... only confirmed. Another I don't will comment! Be happy now...

Canadianjambo
I thought someone on an earlier thread on this subject said that Branny was being played out of position i.e. the wing when he is apparently an out-and-out striker. If that's the case what does it say for the coaches?

We don't need any more strikers....we have Elliot and Mole!! ;)

HMFCjamieHMFC
1) so man city confirm they want him on a loan which is impossible, your comment re KS is irrelevent, as EPL can not sign any one on loan, whether in england or not, only championship and below can

2)so the FA upheld the rules, that man city are more than aware of?

3)Because he is too old for their youth teams which are u18

4) a training game is irrelevent, 2 touch is nothing like EPL or SPL football and in all honesty a few goals there means nothing

5) Conclusion, branny is overhyped and is destined for lower league football or a crap league, regardless of how much you hype him up, if he was that good he would be tearing up the u19s and he isnt

Your attitude stinks, you were welcomed onto this board and into this club and because your brother hasnt lived upto what is promised you have turned on our club to blame them

Frankly Ill be glad to see the back of your brother, and you for that matter so a youth who actually has what it takes rather than an ego gets more chances

why the hell do you always have to be a MOD EDIT

why the hell do you always have to be a .......

I'd have thought that was obvious to be honest.

Ibrahim Tall

Given we haven't produced a decent attacking player sinse Allan Johnston while Hibs have had half a dozen in the last few years alone even though they're picking them from the same area, maybe it's a hint that we need to change how we bring these players through & who we even sign in the first place.

It's all fine and well being the best at youth levels because we've got a team of players basically far bigger and stronger than everyone but when it comes to actually making the grade that obviously isn't working.

The likes of Branny/Templeton etc would thrive on a passing game and getting the ball to their feet rather than hoofed at them from a centre back, then again when we're playing the same tactics in the first team to the detriment of similar players like Bednar it's hardly suprising...

We don't need any more strikers....we have Elliot and Mole!! ;)

Yes won't be long before this pair lead the line for Scotland. I hear the top 4 premeiership teams have scouts watching them already. The question is how long can we keep them for. :)

Mr Quagmire
Big mistake!!! Man.City direct invited him. Thay watch him not the first time. And invited him to play in front of Mr.Erikson. Dad and ... only confirmed. Another I don't will comment! Be happy now...

no sorry, i know i am right on this one BG.

no sorry, i know i am right on this one BG.

You have right for opinion. You ar free. I repeat - BIG MISTAKE AND DESINFORMATION!

You have right for opinion. You ar free. I repeat - BIG MISTAKE AND DESINFORMATION!

Whats Des Lynam saying about it then? :P

Hahaha. Vlad's stalking around Riccarton in disguise, 'ruining' players.

The devious trickster!

And he would've got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids :rolleyes:

brellierlegend

Have a nice day !!

It appears from the press today you may be correct. Looks like Branny's dad did engineer his trial.

What if Man City do not sign him? Where does that leave him with Hearts?

It appears from the press today you may be correct. Looks like Branny's dad did engineer his trial.

What if Man City do not sign him? Where does that leave him with Hearts?

Sent him to Coventry..........its what the wee upstart deserves.......ungrateful oik............:mad:

I think these 2 players, Kostadinov and Copil are nowhere near the 1st team for a reason. Unlike a few guys on here I haven't seen them play but I think to blame the entire coaching staff because 2 young foreign players haven't made a 1st team start is a bit absurd.

The coaching staff see and work with these players day in, day out. They not only know how well they are performing with a ball but also how they are mentally. Are they ready for the first team squad? Do the players themselves want to be here? Do they believe they are better than they actually are? Do they take anything in when they are being taught or do they think they are "too good"?

Being named inthe top 50 young talents won't give definite success, we only have to look at the 1989 U16 World Championships for that. A final involving Scotland and won by Saudi Arabia. Hardly global stars after that were they?

IMHO, regarding Copil and Kostadinov, the myth is growing stronger than the man unfortunately. All smacks a bit of the "emporers new clothes", if we keep going on and on about how they will save us, maybe everyone will believe it.

As others have said you can't knock Brannys brothers unswerving loyalty but haven't we seen on it here before when Lee Millers mum used to tell how great he was?

I think these 2 players, Kostadinov and Copil are nowhere near the 1st team for a reason. Unlike a few guys on here I haven't seen them play but I think to blame the entire coaching staff because 2 young foreign players haven't made a 1st team start is a bit absurd.

The coaching staff see and work with these players day in, day out. They not only know how well they are performing with a ball but also how they are mentally. Are they ready for the first team squad? Do the players themselves want to be here? Do they believe they are better than they actually are? Do they take anything in when they are being taught or do they think they are "too good"?

Being named inthe top 50 young talents won't give definite success,we only have to look at the 1989 U16 World Championships for that. A final involving Scotland and won by Saudi Arabia. Hardly global stars after that were they?

IMHO, regarding Copil and Kostadinov, the myth is growing stronger than the man unfortunately. All smacks a bit of the "emporers new clothes", if we keep going on and on about how they will save us, maybe everyone will believe it.

As others have said you can't knock Brannys brothers unswerving loyalty but haven't we seen on it here before when Lee Millers mum used to tell how great he was?

Some time ago Uefa named Ivaskevicius as a top prospect from the region in one of their lists :)

Some time ago Uefa named Ivaskevicius as a top prospect from the region in one of their lists :)

He he just shows you how pathetic these lists are KisLas. :)

He he just shows you how pathetic these lists are KisLas. :)

That was what I meant. Usualy these lists are just pish.

RE Ivaskevicius - while he was considered to have some potential there were quite a few players with much more potential over here at the time.

I would not be surprised if agents use their connections etc. to get the wee lads they are taking care of on these lists just to add value, hype etc.

That was what I meant. Usualy these lists are just pish.

RE Ivaskevicius - while he was considered to have some potential there were quite a few players with much more potential over here at the time.

I would not be surprised if agents use their connections etc. to get the wee lads they are taking care of on these lists just to add value, hype etc.

Got exactly what you meant KisLas. Was a very good post. :) And you are so right re agents vested interests etc.

Bit of back tracking now that your brother has been found out as per say at man city? What do Hearts think of you posting information about employees on a public message board? No body is more important than this club and you and your brother would do well to remember this. Whats the reason behind branny not going to Cowdenbeath on loan? Does he think hes too good to go on loan? Looking foward to some responses.

starcatcher
We like Hearts. Is people who working metodical against my brother, but thay are not Hearts and Hearts history.

yup

Archived