Branimir Kostadinov - Manchester City

jamboBG

I promise you information. Of course limited, but from the "spring"(no Branny):

1. March, 13 - Manchester City confirm that want Branimir Kostadinov on loan to end of the season;

2. March, 14 - FA don't make permission, because Branny are player from SFA club. If he is from FA club - no problem (like Casper Schmeichel in Coventry C.);

3. Trials of Branny in Man.C is not in youtch teams;

4. In 3 treaning games (30 min) he scores 5 goals - only iesterday - 2 goals. Why he scores - because thay plays with ball on the field, with max 2 tuoches, with speed. This is the true Branny's power. The players plays in fronf of Erikson, who need correct determinations;

5. Conclusion - Branny is true STRIKER. All another is lie. I belive in Man.City frst and reserve team coaches!

From iesterday ivening Branny is in Edinburgh!

Have nice day!

1. March, 13 - Manchester City confirm that want Branimir Kostadinov on loan to end of the season;

2. March, 14 - FA don't make permission, because Branny are player from SFA club. If he is from FA club - no problem (like Casper Schmeichel in Coventry C.);

4. In 3 treaning games (30 min) he scores 5 goals - only iesterday - 2 goals. Why he scores - because thay plays with ball on the field, with max 2 tuoches, with speed. This is the true Branny's power. The players plays in fronf of Erikson, who need correct determinations;

5. Conclusion - Branny is true STRIKER. All another is lie. I belive in Man.City frst and reserve team coaches!

Have nice day!

Good luck to him if he is good enough for Man City.

They will have a huge number of players to choose from of course.

badly drawn boy

Have nice day!

Hmmm i dont think the Hearts coaches will be 2 dissapointed if he leaves

Robbos Right Peg
Hmmm i dont think the Hearts coaches will be 2 dissapointed if he leaves

I would sooner see the Hearts coaches leave to be honest

How many players is that now that Vlad has ruined?

:mw_confused:

How do you work that one out then ?

Much as I like to have a go at Vlad, to suggest that he has 'ruined' a youth player who has gone for a trial at a top Premiership club is a bit strange!

Absolutely unbelievable comment!

Next he'll be responsible for global warming and the sub-prime credit crisis! Why don't we shove in the Iraq war while we're at it.

portobellojambo1

Have nice day!

Cheers for the update JamboBG.

Bit unfortunate from your brother's point of view that the loan spell couldn't be agreed due to technicalities, like most other industries football is riddled with technicalities and laws, which sometimes do not go in your favour.

Good news from Hearts point of view though that we have him back.

Depends very much now on how Hearts evaluate any feedback that comes from this trial period, it may be that they will have to re-think how they work the progression of the youth, and how the 1st team plays as a unit. If the kids are indeed the future the style of play of the 1st eleven may have to be altered to suit them, rather than them being altered to suit the existing style of play of the 1st eleven.

Much as I like to have a go at Vlad, to suggest that he has 'ruined' a youth player who has gone for a trial at a top Premiership club is a bit strange!

Its indicative of this board nowadays.

Fair enough, give him pelters when he deserves it, but to have a go at him for something like this really is astonishing.

Stuart Lyon

I thought someone on an earlier thread on this subject said that Branny was being played out of position i.e. the wing when he is apparently an out-and-out striker. If that's the case what does it say for the coaches?

Charlie-Brown
Cheers for the update JamboBG.

Bit unfortunate from your brother's point of view that the loan spell couldn't be agreed due to technicalities, like most other industries football is riddled with technicalities and laws, which sometimes do not go in your favour.

Depends very much now on how Hearts evaluate any feedback that comes from this trial period, it may be that they will have to re-think how they work the progression of the youth, and how the 1st team plays as a unit. If the kids are indeed the future the style of play of the 1st eleven may have to be altered to suit them, rather than them being altered to suit the existing style of play of the 1st eleven.

I can see why you might think this PJ1 however Branny's "problem" from what I've seen of him isn't Hearts style of play rather the way football is played in Scotland with over emphasis on physicality, combative, athleticism & getting "wired in" - last weekend St Mirren U19's gave Hearts kids a good tough match in which we eventually triumphed and were the better footballing side however they had to win 'the battle' first - Kostadinov was subbed at half time (maybe with his loan in mind) but he was poor in the 1st half - not down to any lack of skill - but he simply doesn't relish the physical nature & requirement of Scottish fitba.........in my opinion.

We have other boys who are also skillful but who are more suited or more willing to adapt to how we (Scots / Brits) play the game.........

I agree, our youth coaches may have some questions to answer though.

Charlie-Brown
I thought someone on an earlier thread on this subject said that Branny was being played out of position i.e. the wing when he is apparently an out-and-out striker. If that's the case what does it say for the coaches?

It says that Kostadinov doesn't have enough physical attributes that being a striker in Scottish football demands - he is a reasonable finisher but that is only 10% of a strikers game - the other 90% is holding up the ball & making lay off's, making runs, closing down defenders etc. - the unglamourous part of being a striker - too often in U19 games I've seen Branny was simply overpowered by more physical opponents - other kids we have can play the striker role better and the team functions better as a result.

The youth coaches do tend to play some of the less physically developed strikers (Kostadinov, Wagner, Robinson, R.Wallace etc) in the wide areas where they can still show some attacking skills and get into positions to score but of course there are still some midfield & defensive duties in these positions.

Fozzyonthefence

And who is responsible for the appointment of the coaches?

I agree, our youth coaches may have some questions to answer though.

Its a feeling that seems to be gathering pace recently.

Why aren't any of these kids progressing the way we hoped they would ? Is there something wrong with the coaching they are getting, or were they just over-hyped when they arrived ?

I'd love to know.

portobellojambo1

Why aren't any of these kids progressing the way we hoped they would ? Is there something wrong with the coaching they are getting, or were they just over-hyped when they arrived ?

I'd love to know.

I think there may be an element of truth in both Le Chat, i.e. that initially they were possibly slightly over hyped, but also there is work to be done on the coaching side.

The one that confused me a lot was Copil. Having heard so much about him I remember way back reading on here that there were a couple of occasions that he had been used in goal by us, which seemed strange.

Charlie-Brown

I'd love to know.

I wouldn't say Kostadinov & Copil were over-hyped 'Cat' as they clearly have natural ability but I just think they don't like or don't suit how we play fitba in Scotland - others like Rapnik, Wagner & Michetschlager seem much better adapted to the physical requirements of our game from what I've seen.

The Aussie kids have no problem with this as they are naturally athletic & competitive also.

Anyway Gary Glen, Ryan McGowan, Johnny Brown & Rocco Visconte are making tremendous progress and it won't be too long until you will see them in 1st team squads on matchdays.

Charlie-Brown
And who is responsible for the appointment of the coaches?

John Murray - Youth Academy Director.

I don't see the younger players so can't comment on their abilities.

But the posts above which suggest that some of our signings in the youth area lack the physical stature and physicality for Scottish football has been mirrored in the signings for the first team where many have been too lightweight/soft for Scottish football.

Drylaw Hearts

Goodbye Branny.

Much like Copil you were a hero amongst some Hearts fans before any of them had actually seen you play.

It now appears both will probably leave in the Summer without you ever getting a sniff at First Team action.

Shame.

John Murray - Youth Academy Director.

Who was it that Celtic were sniffing about recently, John or Darren Murray ?

I'd love to know.

I agree with PJ1 Cat in that i think it is a mixture of both of the things you mention.

Seriously playing Copil in goals was embarrassing for the club and the player IMO and should never have happened. If thats the kind of things thats going on is it any wonder our youths are not progressing as we had hoped or maybe were lead to believe.

I think the missing link between manager and the person in charge of the youths hasn't helped either.

colinmaroon

Absolutely unbelievable comment!

Next he'll be responsible for global warming and the sub-prime credit crisis! Why don't we shove in the Iraq war while we're at it.

You forgot Bird Flu and Prancer!!!

I may have been a little unclear, How many players has he ruined for us? The guy is class, I have seen him play a few times but he is kept out of the picture, why? Imagine how he must feel with Jamie Mole coming back and getting touted for a start today when he can't even get a regular spot in the reserves.

Same happened with Bednar now at west brom and Velika to a certain extent as he was clearly a top striker and seemed to bang the goals in but would somehow week in week out be dropped

Charlie-Brown
Who was it that Celtic were sniffing about recently, John or Darren Murray ?

John Murray - he's been our main scout for signing laddies since Jeffries brought him from Falkirk in the mid-1990's.

Last year they took his counterpart from Hibs John Park who's also found a lot of kids who turned into quality players - this year they wanted our John Murray......quite why they wanted these 2 when they already have Tommy Burns in this role and who would be their boss when they give very very few kids a chance at Celtic Park as expensive bought in players are always ahead in the queue despite Celtic having a tremendous record at reserve & U19 level for most of the last decade their kids hit a glass ceiling & most end up leaving to get a game elsewhere.

Anyway I think they wanted J.Park & J.Murray to weaken Hibs & Hearts youth development.

John Murray - he's been our main scout for signing laddies since Jeffries brought him from Falkirk in the mid-1990's.

Last year they took his counterpart from Hibs John Park who's also found a lot of kids who turned into quality players - this year they wanted our John Murray......quite why they wanted these 2 when they already have Tommy Burns in this role and who would be their boss when they give very very few kids a chance at Celtic Park as expensive bought in players are always ahead in the queue despite Celtic having a tremendous record at reserve & U19 level for most of the last decade their kids hit a glass ceiling & most end up leaving to get a game elsewhere.

Anyway I think they wanted J.Park & J.Murray to weaken Hibs & Hearts youth development.

He can't be that bad then if they wanted him.

I may have been a little unclear, How many players has he ruined for us? The guy is class, I have seen him play a few times but he is kept out of the picture, why? Imagine how he must feel with Jamie Mole coming back and getting touted for a start today when he can't even get a regular spot in the reserves.

Same happened with Bednar now at west brom and Velika to a certain extent as he was clearly a top striker and seemed to bang the goals in but would somehow week in week out be dropped

If that's the rationale behind the outburst, I'm sorry, but that's just a big pile of steaming horsesh|t I'm afraid.

Charlie-Brown
I don't see the younger players so can't comment on their abilities.

But the posts above which suggest that some of our signings in the youth area lack the physical stature and physicality for Scottish football has been mirrored in the signings for the first team where many have been too lightweight/soft for Scottish football.

You should go watch a couple of games Coco - they usually play at 11am or noon and quite often coincides with home matches so you can catch an hour or 90 minutes up at Riccarton before heading towards Tynecastle & maybe some refreshments. :)

Anyway most of the laddies have a decent skill level, both Hearts & their opponents & most of the games are decent to watch.

I don't think Kostadinov or Copil are necessarily too soft but they don't seem to relish or like the physicality & workrate that Scottish Football demands - I am sure they could adapt better if they wanted to - Hearts currently have 2 Austrian kids in the U19's Wagner & Michetschlager and they've adapted quite well & get wired in when needed.

davemclaren

First of all I 've never seem Branny play so I've no idea how good he is etc.... However, I don't buy this stuff that someone can't be suited to play in the SPL but are for the Premiership. That is just utter nonsense imo.

Gigolo-Aunt
First of all I 've never seem Branny play so I've no idea how good he is etc.... However, I don't buy this stuff that someone can't be suited to play in the SPL but are for the Premiership. That is just utter nonsense imo.

The only thing I have ever heard a player who comes from down south about Scottish Football is that it is played at a quicker place.

I would tend to agree with you, Dave.

If that's the rationale behind the outburst, I'm sorry, but that's just a big pile of steaming horsesh|t I'm afraid.

Sorry for having an opinion, thats just the way I see things, There is no doubt people who see things differently

Have nice day!

Not sure why but I get the impression you seem to think he's better than us :rolleyes:

I'm pretty confident he won't play a Premiership match in his life.

Charlie-Brown

But Branimir isn't playing in the Premiership nor the SPL - just now he's had some trials at Manchester City and plays for Hearts U19's in their League but not as well or as successfully as Glen or McCusker from what I've seen recently nor does he show the same appetite or work ethic as other less physically developed kid strikers like Templeton or Robinson or Wagner for example.

It's not often I agree with Prancer but Kostadinov isn't showing nearly enough in his all round game to merit a starting place ahead of the other kid strikers in Hearts U19 squad.

not down to any lack of skill - but he simply doesn't relish the physical nature & requirement of Scottish fitba.........in my opinion.

A bit like Audrius Ksanavicius then?

CornhillHearts

What a heep of pooh, lets change all the coaches for Branny as he plays football the correct way and Hearts do not haha, Gary Glen is a younger better prospect-fact.

Have nice day!

1) so man city confirm they want him on a loan which is impossible, your comment re KS is irrelevent, as EPL can not sign any one on loan, whether in england or not, only championship and below can

2)so the FA upheld the rules, that man city are more than aware of?

3)Because he is too old for their youth teams which are u18

4) a training game is irrelevent, 2 touch is nothing like EPL or SPL football and in all honesty a few goals there means nothing

5) Conclusion, branny is overhyped and is destined for lower league football or a crap league, regardless of how much you hype him up, if he was that good he would be tearing up the u19s and he isnt

Your attitude stinks, you were welcomed onto this board and into this club and because your brother hasnt lived upto what is promised you have turned on our club to blame them

Frankly Ill be glad to see the back of your brother, and you for that matter so a youth who actually has what it takes rather than an ego gets more chances

1) so man city confirm they want him on a loan which is impossible, your comment re KS is irrelevent, as EPL can not sign any one on loan, whether in england or not, only championship and below can

4) a training game is irrelevent, 2 touch is nothing like EPL or SPL football and in all honesty a few goals there means nothing

5) Conclusion, branny is overhyped and is destined for lower league football or a crap league, regardless of how much you hype him up, if he was that good he would be tearing up the u19s and he isnt

Your attitude stinks, you were welcomed onto this board and into this club and because your brother hasnt lived upto what is promised you have turned on our club to blame them

Frankly Ill be glad to see the back of your brother, and you for that matter so a youth who actually has what it takes rather than an ego gets more chances

Exactly, another over rated Pre-Madonna who thinks he is better than what he is! The sad fact is that football today is full of it! over paid a** H***s!

bit harsh imo, celtic and man city both interested in the lad ande a **** hearts team wont even give him a chance nor play to his strengths!!!!.

i say get mole and elliot to feck and give the lad a chance, 3 or 4 games then take it from there, neither wonder him and his bro are ****ed off, were torture and he still aint even getting on the bench, copil too.....were the problem not the players!!

bit harsh imo, celtic and man city both interested in the lad ande a **** hearts team wont even give him a chance nor play to his strengths!!!!.

i say get mole and elliot to feck and give the lad a chance, 3 or 4 games then take it from there, neither wonder him and his bro are ****ed off, were torture and he still aint even getting on the bench, copil too.....were the problem not the players!!

Yeah, let's stick Kostadinov in the first team ahead of other players who have been playing more consistently for the under 19's. That'll teach them that team selection is not based on merit, but rather your brother's ability to hype you up on a supporters forum and foreign surname (which instantly makes him better than the run of the mill Scot!).

Mole by the way, is the same age as Kostadinov, Elliot one year older. How about you cut them the same slack? Both had better records in youth football than Kostadinov has.

Gigolo-Aunt

Mole by the way, is the same age as Kostadinov, Elliot one year older. How about you cut them the same slack? Both had better records in youth football than Kostadinov has.

Correct. Point well made, Martin.

He's had a chance at u19 and reserve levels and the people playing ahead of him are better

Mole and Elliot may not be world beaters, but at this time they are better than branny

The coaches seem to think McCusker, Glen, Robinson, Cowan, Wallace etc are as well

Branny is not getting a chance because he doesnt deserve it before these players and nothing else

If branny was as good as he thinks, or at least his brother thinks he would get a chance

Clarkserino

Spot on Dave.

The player being suitable for a specific league crap doesn't wash with me. The sport is Football, not SPL Football or Premiership Football. It involves kicking a ball between 2 posts - whether it's on the deck or in the air, it's irrelevant.

If he's gone to Man City and impressed, it speaks volumes for me about our coaching structure. Got nothing to do with his frame, he clearly is a confidence player and was given a chance by the staff at Man City to unleash his ability.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Man City know the rules of loan deals and very much aware of rulings

They just wanted a closer look at this prospect maybe due to one of

their senior players who is Bulgarian recommending him to City .

I have only seen Branny play for an hour against Rangers in he youth cup

a few weeks ago . Looks fast , nice touch , no end product , he screamed as he was fouled looking for a penalty , the Rangers players gave him abuse .

He did very little to suggest meriting a step up into the senior team .

He should be farmed out in a lower division to gain match time experience ,

score some goals and realise the physical strengh to play in the UK

Hearts , Man City or whoever .

Does he really want to be a professional player at a top club , as at Hearts

he dosen't seem to be making a push for a 1st team place .

If Calum Elliot and Jamie Mole are in contention it does not say very much for

the rest of the youth players at the club . Both these players have gone out

on loan to other clubs and look more power-ful and stronger to play in the SPL

No Nonsense

Got to agree with Prancer about the whole loan issue. Why would City want to loan a player when they know the transfer window makes it impossible?

They could simply have extended his trial. In my opinion Kostadinov will not be going to Man City in the near future. Should he knuckle down and prove his ability at Hearts then I would be delighted but were he to leave now, then it is no great loss.

He should be farmed out in a lower division to gain match time experience ,

score some goals and realise the physical strengh to play in the UK

I agree but Hearts tried to farm him out to Cowdenbeath and he refused to go.

I remember a few years ago when Keith Wright was manager there, the likes of Riordan and a few of the Hibs kids went there for a year.

It didn't exactly do them any harm did it ?

bilston angel

I agree wholeheartedly

I?ve noted fears about the quality of coaching of the young players for a long time. Not because I know anything about how good they are, just that the results do not appear to be there in relation to the hype that surrounds the young players...

Belrve me, Branimir is not Pre-Madonna. He is soldier. Pre-Madonnas are anothers, but this is not my job. You can to see alone.

No More Heroes: "It says that Kostadinov doesn't have enough physical attributes that being a striker in Scottish football demands - he is a reasonable finisher but that is only 10% of a strikers game - the other 90% is holding up the ball & making lay off's, making runs, closing down defenders etc. - the unglamourous part of being a striker - too often in U19 games I've seen Branny was simply overpowered by more physical opponents - other kids we have can play the striker role better and the team functions better as a result."

What you think for Vedran Corluka and Richard Dunne? Thank you!

Now I realy have not time. Today is bulgarian champioship round. Have nice day!

NB: Sorry, Prancer, that he don't come back after 2 days. Because he is a real STRIKER over your natonal propagande. Be happy!

Archived